Internet in Planes

junglechef

Normally overpriced, and like mobile signal, really only there so some pretentious fool can go "I'm on the plane!" to try and impress people.

It is not cheap, but I would be willing to pay for it on flights over a couple of hours -- but not for updating facebook tongue.png

Only so many videos that you can watch, and I don't like inflight entertainment systems.... and even if my flights take 24 hours+ I cannot fall asleep on planes.... (which is actually good when I fly to asia and arrive at night - boom out like a light).

Would really have been nice when I worked for a consulting company, timelines were often compressed and sometimes finishing work on the way to the client site on the plane.... it would have been nice to be able to collaborate with people back in the office.

Edited by bkkcanuck8

Normally overpriced, and like mobile signal, really only there so some pretentious fool can go "I'm on the plane!" to try and impress people.

I use it to communicate with my partner, throughout the flight. Perhaps you don't have someone close and/or no one wants to communicate with you.

It's convenient to be able to communicate as normal. That being said, I don't actually use it to call anyone. so you wouldn't know that I was communicating with anyone.

Not expensive for me. I have a cap on the amount that I can be charged.

Think it's $25 for US domestic flight which I would be happy to pay for my upcoming 11 hr flight. I'll be with the person I'm close to and no work to do but will update Facebook and surf the net just to kill some time. Since I'll have my laptop with 17" Retina Display screen I'll bring a thumb drive with some movies to catch up on too.

yes, most modern airlines offer this now, both mobile phone signal and wifi.

I think I remember being offered this 3 years ago already.

It's not cheap, yet I've found it useful when I still had business to wrap up by SMS and email.