Kamala Renamed Jet Ski Paradise Beach

Pinot

The package tourists often have several beaches and hotels to select from when they purchase package trips to Phuket or other destinations.

The selection is made by the preference and hotel prices.

Once a person or a family comes here for a week or two vacation it's time to relax and enjoy the life. There is very little incentive for the tourists to organize everything by themselves as they can have a trusted company to make all the hassle go away. This applies to Phuket and virtually in every other beach destination.

Why would a family wish to explore the island independently as they can simply take one of the organized tours with a guide who speaks their language?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About three high seasons ago, I'm sitting on the beach at Nai Harn (thank Buddha, no jetskiis there)when this Russian guy comes blasting up onto the beach on a jet skii. Starts walking up the beach to say hi to his friends.

Two Thai guys (jetski rental guys) come pulling up moments later and start yelling at the guy as he had rented it on Patong Beach ! They surround him, but ol boy's Russian pals are two massive guys with tattoos, huge muscle guys and they approach the jetskii rental guys who back off, jump on the jetskiis and scoot.

Quite hilarious really.

Jetski thugs triumphed today when they received the right to park 170 jetskis off Patong, 38 off Kata-Karon, 26 off Kamala and 40 at Bang Tao said a representative of Phuket's Marine 5 Office, in a totally ridiculous statement. The island's jet-ski numbers would be capped at 286, probably three times more than are currently active. Jetskis could be replaced but no additions to the tally could be made, the Marine 5 representative said.

The 16 ''parking bays'' for jet-skis would be delineated by buoys off the beach. The beaches will be set up to enable jetskis to continue operating at unprecedented numbers.

Can you just imagine 170 jetskis off of Patong Beach? This is what happens when local officials are allowed to make any decisions. They're all bent.

Welcome to Phuket, the jetski capitol of the world!

Good place for them as it's basically unswimmable anyway.

It's The worst beach on Phuket so who cares.

Sent from my LG-D858

youre speaking out of your bum hole, i chose to come to live in Kamala because it is one of the nicest beaches, nice place for a swim, especially up beside the muslim graveyard area.. doesnt have as much russians as other places, just dozy short sighted japs that wander all over the road and slow down traffic..lol.. and many good people there, crime rate very low....there is quite a few jet skis there, mostly parked beside the ramp onto the beach, in the past few days i have only seen 1 jet ski being used....the taxi tuk tuk mafia has re claimed all its spots, and seem to be more than ever..then all of a sudden disappear.like someone has given them a tip off that the old bill are on the way ...still love the place after being here 3 years...nobody bothers you here, unlike Patong or karron, place is full of undesirable wnakers

Good place for them as it's basically unswimmable anyway.

It's The worst beach on Phuket so who cares.

Sent from my LG-D858

youre speaking out of your bum hole, i chose to come to live in Kamala because it is one of the nicest beaches, nice place for a swim, especially up beside the muslim graveyard area.. doesnt have as much russians as other places, just dozy short sighted japs that wander all over the road and slow down traffic..lol.. and many good people there, crime rate very low....there is quite a few jet skis there, mostly parked beside the ramp onto the beach, in the past few days i have only seen 1 jet ski being used....the taxi tuk tuk mafia has re claimed all its spots, and seem to be more than ever..then all of a sudden disappear.like someone has given them a tip off that the old bill are on the way ...still love the place after being here 3 years...nobody bothers you here, unlike Patong or karron, place is full of undesirable wnakers
Hard to read that wall of words and stopped reading at the dozy short sighted Japs.

Try not posting after a few drinks. Your bigotry and illiteracy is showing.

Edited by hansgruber
  • Like 1

Hard to read that wall of words and stopped reading at the dozy short sighted Japs.

Let's be honest here. You are trying to bait, or provoke, other posters into a reaction by making inflammatory comments about a part of Phuket that many people happen to like. Myself included.

Don't you live in the Chalong area? I've seen the beach there, and it is a thousand times worse than Kamala Beach. Sure, you can travel to a beautiful beach, and so can the residents of Kamala.

You seem proud that you made another poster feel angry - why don't you try making more positive posts in the future?

Let's be honest here. You are trying to bait, or provoke, other posters into a reaction by making inflammatory comments about a part of Phuket that many people happen to like. Myself included.

Don't you live in the Chalong area? I've seen the beach there, and it is a thousand times worse than Kamala Beach. Sure, you can travel to a beautiful beach, and so can the residents of Kamala.

You seem proud that you made another poster feel angry - why don't you try making more positive posts in the future?

If you consider an opinion as baiting then yes.

I live at Kata. Chalong is just a place that has food I like.

I'm generally helpful but It's my “opinion” that Kamala is the worst or equal first when it comes to beach beauty. Patong being the other.

Chalong isn't a beach, neither is Rawai really and can't be classed as swimmable so they don't count.

I'm talking west coast beaches.

Nai harn up to Natai.

Kamala and Patong are my least favoured. Sorry if you take that as inflammatory bait.

Good day to you.

Edited by hansgruber