Can I re-activate my Thai sim

AhFarangJa

Hi PiPiFFS,

Thanks for your questions, I have had the number for years and years, In August I asked my wife to e-mail me two top up numbers for 200 Baht. I put my sim on roaming, topped it up, and had a message to say balance was 100 Baht and expired on 5th. October. due to a bereavement I had to go to England two weeks ago , and forgot about the sim. I have tried putting it on roaming here ( Saudi), but get a message it is de-activated, so I cannot use it to call the help centre.sad.png

You need to get your wife to call them ASAP. Send her the numbers on the back of the SIM card, in case they need them for the purpose of identification. For the future, it's better to buy 50 baht topups. As each gives you 30 days of validity.

That 30 days is false, mine stayed valid for over a year.

Careful of what you claim to be false. I live here, and have two phones, both with True. One I did not use for 45 days. When I went to use it, it said the SIM had been de-activated for lack of use. I had to go to the True office to get it re-activated, and my credit back.

I live here too.

Well let's just say it depends on the operator.

Er, I think the OP can't do *500*9# at the moment because he won't be able to register his sim via his home network as it's roaming now, and expired as far as 1-2-Call is concerned. I won't be surprised if he's lost all his credit too!

There's a helpful list of USSD codes for Thai operators 1-2-Call, DTAC and True here: http://thaiprepaidcard.com/ussd-keypress-codes/

Wonderful! Thanks!

Hi PiPiFFS,

Thanks for your questions, I have had the number for years and years, In August I asked my wife to e-mail me two top up numbers for 200 Baht. I put my sim on roaming, topped it up, and had a message to say balance was 100 Baht and expired on 5th. October. due to a bereavement I had to go to England two weeks ago , and forgot about the sim. I have tried putting it on roaming here ( Saudi), but get a message it is de-activated, so I cannot use it to call the help centre.sad.png

Presumably your wife is still in Thailand. Can you not get her to put some money on to reinstate it?

If not ask her to call them and find out how to get it resolved...................

I also do not understand if you put 200 baht on why it said your credit was only100?

If you have internet banking, you can top up your SIM card on line.

Hi PiPiFFS,

You need to get your wife to call them ASAP. Send her the numbers on the back of the SIM card, in case they need them for the purpose of identification. For the future, it's better to buy 50 baht topups. As each gives you 30 days of validity.

That 30 days is false, mine stayed valid for over a year.

30 days was a long time ago.

I suspect it is still good if less than a year.

You don't even need call credit on it to be still valid. Mine was over a year old and could still be used, the number is still registered to my SIM

I don't see where the OP said he registered his number to his sim.

What are you talking about?

When you buy a SIM it will be associated with a number.... The SIM card was still attached to the same number after a year.

That is what I meant by by "still registered".

Edited by liamstevens111