Transferring Retirement visa from old passport to new one (Jomtien)

Make sure you have photocopy of both old and new passports - picture page, copy of embarkation form (TM6?), copy of page with entry stamp, copies of visa / stamp etc etc.

I did it a week ago - had to go back to collect the next morning (could be because I was there at about 11 am. Could be that if you are early enough, you could pick it up on the afternoon).

The will not transfer you old expired visa. They will do an annotation of it and the entry/permit to stay stamp you got form it.

They will then do your most recent extension in it.

It is the TM6 departure card they will want a copy of along with passport copies mentioned.

The form is this one: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/transferstamp.pdf

The will not transfer you old expired visa. They will do an annotation of it and the entry/permit to stay stamp you got form it.

It is the TM6 departure card they will want a copy of along with passport copies mentioned.

The form is this one: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/transferstamp.pdf

Thanks UJ...have downloaded the form - one question.....

The form asks "i would like to transfer the stamp to the new passport, because" - what should i answer ??

Thanks UJ...have downloaded the form - one question.....

The form asks "i would like to transfer the stamp to the new passport, because" - what should i answer ??

"...previous passport has been cancelled" is what I put on the form when I got my stamps transferred from old to new passports.

I need to do this Monday at Chiang Mai Immigration. I downloaded the form, but noticed that it is directed "TO INSPECTOR OF SUB-DIVISION 2, BANGKOK IMMIGRATION DIVISION ". Will CM accept this form or is there another to use ?

On a side note, I remember having read somewhere that you should also bring a confirmation from the embassy that they've replaced passport xxx with passport yyy. I got it (automatically) from the Swiss embassy and Jomtien immigration took it (and didn't return it with "no need"). But hey, always best to just ask immigration ;)

• Like 2

I need to do this Monday at Chiang Mai Immigration. I downloaded the form, but noticed that it is directed "TO INSPECTOR OF SUB-DIVISION 2, BANGKOK IMMIGRATION DIVISION ". Will CM accept this form or is there another to use ?

They will accept the form, Not sure but you may need a letter from your embassy in CM if you don't have one.

I took along the form and the relevant copies, they didn't take any of it.

Still it was transferred efficiently and for free.

A post like this is not helpful at all.

No mention of which immigration office you went to.

No mention of what stamps. If it was a simple entry stamp they might not want the copies. But I can assure you if it was an extension of stay they would want the copies at 99% of the offices.

No mention of what stamps. If it was a simple entry stamp they might not want the copies. But I can assure you if it was an extension of stay they would want the copies at 99% of the offices.

Same as the OP, Jomtiem and a retirement extension, otherwise I would not have posted!

And to answer another question, I did have to come back tomorrow.

Edited by jacko45k

i did this at Jomtien back in July. Next day pick up (make sure you leave the old passport with the application, they gave mine back to me and i got an angry call to bring it back. Of course i apologised for taking it. rolleyes.gif )

I asked the Australian Emb to issue a letter saying that i was replacing the passport, which they did for free but Jomtien Immi didn't ask for it. If your Emb does it for free, it doesn't hurt to have it!

They will accept the form, Not sure but you may need a letter from your embassy in CM if you don't have one.

That could be a bit of a stickler - passport was issued in Vancouver 10 days ago, with no letter. However I need to go to Cadadian Consulate on Monday for my retirement extension income letter ( present extension expires 26 Oct) - I will ask at consulate and see if they can do something. Thanks for the heads up.

I did this earlier this year at Jomtien . The best way to do it if you are unsure about the procedure is to see the Falang volunteer in the office . He has a desk on the left hand side as you enter the office (right next to the 90 day reporting desk) . He was extremely helpful , he got the correct form for me and filled it in for me , I just signed it . He also then gave it to the correct officer and after 30 minutes or so my new passport was stamped with visa transfer .

• Like 1

That could be a bit of a stickler - passport was issued in Vancouver 10 days ago, with no letter. However I need to go to Cadadian Consulate on Monday for my retirement extension income letter ( present extension expires 26 Oct) - I will ask at consulate and see if they can do something. Thanks for the heads up.

They should be able to do the letter. Other embassies and consulates do them for passports issued elsewhere.

Same as the OP, Jomtiem and a retirement extension, otherwise I would not have posted!

And to answer another question, I did have to come back tomorrow.

Sorry

The problem is that many people will come on a topic like this and will post something that happened at another office. It is always best to say which office you were at.

Your experience is contrary to other posts I have seen for Jomtien.

On 2014-10-10 (F) I went to Chiang Mai Immigration to transfer my retirement visa and extension from an old US passport to a new one.

I arrived at 05:35. There were perhaps 20 persons already queued up in one of 5 lines. Those lines were: 001: Tourist, Reentry; 201: Teacher, Medical, Education, Researcher, Missionary; 301: Transfer to new passport, Change A-O visa, Endorsement-non-quota; 401: Business, Thai family member, Volunteer; 501: 90-day reports. (Descriptions are those posted on placards at the head of each queue).

I got into Line 301. I was the second person there.

At 07:00 they handed out provisional numbers to use to queue for our working numbers. By this time there were 5 persons in line 001; ~100 in 201; 12 in 301; 10 in 401; and 3 in 501. I was given provisional number 84. We went into the building and sat down.

At 07:55 I was called to the front desk and after reviewing my documents for 30 seconds, I was given working number 303.

At 09:30 my number was called to go to Desk 7. I handed over all my papers:

-Old passport

-New passport

-Copies of new and old passport info page (all copies must be signed by you)

-Copies of every page from my old passport containing Thai stamps (each copy signed)

-Form: "Transfer Stamp to New Passport" (This form has no visible TM number)

-Letter from US Consulate asking Immigration to transfer all from old to new passport

-I was asked to sign a document written in Thai that explained overstay penalties.

I was told to go and wait outside. I was called back at 10:10 and both passports were returned to me. All the relevant stamps, etc., had been transferred to my new passport.

There is no charge for this service.

I did the same for almost a year back. What they do is the first day they will collect both passports and they transfer the visa from the old one to the new passport and if you need to extend it too then the next day they will extend it. The procedure is the same as before. To extend you need the resident prof, photos, copy of passport, entry stamp, departure card, visa etc. Letter from Bank for sufficient money or prof of income more than 65000 Baht a month. I did not pay anything for the transfer of the visa, but paid 1900 for the extension.

• 1 year later...

I shall be returning to Thailand with a new passport soon, so decided to post info that i found about transferring visa stamps.

I will be leaving Thailand to visit the UK and have a re-entry permit. I will be obtaining a new passport when I visit the UK. Will there be a problem entering Thailand on the new passport?

There should be no problem. Present both passports at Immigration on arrival at the airport. Be sure to enter the re-entry permit number in the space for “visa number” on the TM.6, Arrival/Departure card. Explain to the Immigration Officer that you obtained a new passport and had an extension of stay and Re-Entry Permit in your old passport. Immigration should put a permission to stay stamp in his new passport with the date corresponding to your latest extension of stay date. After returning, you should take both passports to Immigration and they will transfer the data from the previous passport into the new passport. 3.I have obtained a new passport and need to have Thai Immigration transfer information from my old passport; what will I need to give Immigration? Procedures may vary from Immigration Office to Immigration Office. Chonburi (Pattaya) Immigration has an unnumbered form for “Transfer of Information” to be completed and signed. This form requires your name and (1) the old passport number, country of issue, date issued, and date of expiry and (2) the same for your new passport. You will need a photocopy of the face page from your old passport and of the page with your latest permission to stay (extension of stay) stamp. Sign both photocopied pages. In addition, you will need the letter provided by your Embassy requesting Thai Immigration to transfer the information. If you do not have such a letter, make inquiry with your Embassy and request they give you one. We have received reports in the past that it may not be required if it is known to Thai Immigration that your country’s embassy does not provide such a letter. We are aware that Canada, UK, and USA Embassies do provide such letters (no fee).

info was found @       

http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/expats/docs/ExtendingStay.pdf

I just got stamps transferred to a new Australian Passport a couple of weeks ago. But today did online 90 day and only the old Passport would go through. Also, trying to get a document from the bank, wanted to see passport, (the one listed on the account) big long explanation and eventually accepted old and new passport, and of course the account is in Phuket and Im in BKK so they coudnt update my account passport details. A good idea to carry both Passports for a couple of months.

Edited by Peterw42

• 1 year later...

Went to Jomtien Immigration Yesterday to renew retirement Visa/Extension, did not realise they want you to transfer the existing stamps/approvals to my new passport first (Old Passport was full so i got a new one)
They took all my documents and said all ok . . . .  Went to collect today and was told i needed another form filling in, and that they did not even have this form, i was told to go to "Key Visa" out near Sukhumvit Big C Pattaya Thai, drove there, they charged me 300 Baht for a form they printed off (UK Embassy Form) That i personally filled out, they did not even check it or have anything to do with it, just gave me the form at 300 Baht per copy . . .  Hmmmmm
Took it back to Jomtien Immigration where they added it to my existing paperwork and then signed the transfer . . 
They then accepted for application for renewal, back again tomorrow 2PM, when i will then have to apply for re-entry permit
Might have been easier to let it expire and just get a new one . . .  

33 minutes ago, pattayapip said:

Went to Jomtien Immigration Yesterday to renew retirement Visa/Extension, did not realise they want you to transfer the existing stamps/approvals to my new passport first (Old Passport was full so i got a new one)
They took all my documents and said all ok . . . .  Went to collect today and was told i needed another form filling in, and that they did not even have this form, i was told to go to "Key Visa" out near Sukhumvit Big C Pattaya Thai, drove there, they charged me 300 Baht for a form they printed off (UK Embassy Form) That i personally filled out, they did not even check it or have anything to do with it, just gave me the form at 300 Baht per copy . . .  Hmmmmm
Took it back to Jomtien Immigration where they added it to my existing paperwork and then signed the transfer . . 
They then accepted for application for renewal, back again tomorrow 2PM, when i will then have to apply for re-entry permit
Might have been easier to let it expire and just get a new one . . .  

If you renewed your passport here in LOS the With-It Tower Mob should have given you (for free) the Embassy form when you collected your new passport!