Need Some Good Ideas On Western Snacks For Thai Consumption.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not want to derail the original thread but lactose intollerance may be a relevant issue due to the OP wanting to sell sweet snacks over savoury.

It is my understanding that lactose intollerance is mainly an inability to consume milk, not butter or cheese. Many Europeans cannot drink cow milk these days and drink Soya etc. I do know more Europeans than Asians - but I still know quite a few Asians as my TGF is (unsurprisingly) Asian. All her friends love cheese and can drink milk. Meanwhile, I know many Europeans that avoid these products (myself included). I am not sure that lactose intollerance is as big a problem as some think. Lactose intollerance affects Africans and Arabs too yet they consume dairy products in abundance.

How do Starbucks etc sell Caffe Lattes in LOS?

Also Italians are supposed to be lactose intollerant (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactose_intolerance) yet they eat ridiculous amounts of dairy products (milky coffee for breakfast, cheese sauces and creamy desserts).

If the end customers of the OP can eat eclairs, I am sure they can eat a pastéis de natas or a rissóis de camarão, particularly if the latter was made with a fiery sauce instead of a solely creamy sauce.

Obviously, a tasty snack that avoids all cream, butter and cheese may be the winner in LOS!

The fact is that cheese, yogurt and even butter are OK for lactose intolerance. Milk, cream and ice cream are to be avoided. Most of the lactose intolerant people can eat little amount of lactose in pastries without problem.

• 3 weeks later...