Reform Council members get together for informal talks

Lite Beer

Reform Council members get together for informal talks
Nitipol Kiravanich,
Khanittha Thepphajorn
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Around 30 members of the National Reform Council held an unofficial meeting yesterday to set up panels that will carry out its work.

NRC member Kamnoon Sittisaman said that members at the unofficial meeting discussed selecting the NRC whip and candidates for president and vice-president, who would be elected at the first official meeting on October 21.

"Today we only came to meet with each other and talk briefly. But, as for the topic of national reform, it will be open to discussion at the actual meeting [on October 21]," Kamnoon said.

He said that most of the conversation centred on members' preparations because everyone was new to the council and some wanted to prepare before submitting reform plans.

The meeting lasted two hours and was held at a private meeting room at Parliament.

Members at the meeting included Prasan Maruekapitak, Sombat Thamrongthanyawong, Treungjai Buranasompop and Anan Watcharothai.

The secretary-general of the House of Representatives Charae Panpruang was invited to detail preparations for the first meeting.

NRC member Sombat said yesterday's meeting provided members with a better understanding of the body's framework. He said everything discussed was unofficial and the matters discussed would be considered at the official meeting.

They also discussed setting up a selection panel for the Constitution Drafting Committee.

According to the interim charter, the NRC will nominate 20 members to be CDC members, Sombat said, who also revealed a committee to draft NRC meeting regulations would be set up.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/politics/Reform-Council-members-get-together-for-informal-t-30245738.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-10-18

A talk feast of proportional uselessness that is controlled by the ruling elite and not one Wally the worker invited.coffee1.gif

Jeez I hope the Thai bashers don't take over this thread too. Finally we are starting to see action being taken towards reform of the constitution which I personally think will not be a lot. We are seeing action taking to bring about reunification and on Thai Visa the first post out of the box belittles it. Thai Visa is getting so predictable. They are not in favor of corruption let us slam them before they take some of it away.

How childish. Carry on.coffee1.gif

• Like 2

A talk feast of proportional uselessness that is controlled by the ruling elite and not one Wally the worker invited.coffee1.gif

Jeez I hope the Thai bashers don't take over this thread too. Finally we are starting to see action being taken towards reform of the constitution which I personally think will not be a lot. We are seeing action taking to bring about reunification and on Thai Visa the first post out of the box belittles it. Thai Visa is getting so predictable. They are not in favor of corruption let us slam them before they take some of it away.

Finally we are starting to see action being taken towards reform of the constitution

No, we are not. What we are seeing is the first cabal being formed, agreeing on who to push/nominate for the Whip, Vice President and President positions on the NRC, basically the three most influential positions in the NRC and setting up the selection panel for the CDC, a not insignificant group. Do you not think this private meeting should have been discussed by all members of the NRC in the spirit of transparency?

30 people attending this "informal" meeting out of a total of 250 members - remember the gang of 40 and their influence over the Senate?

• Like 2

Let's see the Junta abolish (something its good at) Articles 17 and 44 of the Interim Charter that allows it ab solute power over all elements of the government including the so-called Independent bodies and remove the relatives/active/retired military appointees from the NRC before NRC proceeds any further with national reforms and a Constitutional Committe. Then maybe the NRC can gain some degree (only some) of creditability of being independent and work towards the good of Thai society and not just the elements of the military, royalists, and elite. As it stands the NRC members have a massive conflict of interests that has often been defined as CORRUPTION.

• Like 1

Let's see the Junta abolish (something its good at) Articles 17 and 44 of the Interim Charter that allows it ab solute power over all elements of the government including the so-called Independent bodies and remove the relatives/active/retired military appointees from the NRC before NRC proceeds any further with national reforms and a Constitutional Committe. Then maybe the NRC can gain some degree (only some) of creditability of being independent and work towards the good of Thai society and not just the elements of the military, royalists, and elite. As it stands the NRC members have a massive conflict of interests that has often been defined as CORRUPTION.

Since when do you need credibility to do a job. Either you can or you can't. Let's be honest herer you are just upset because the Shinawatra clan do not have a seat here.

• Like 1

Actually the complete Interim Constitution will be replaced.

Now as for the rest, do you know which Surin family allegedly had too many family members willing to cooperate in NRC committees ? Someone complaint and threatened, but no follow up.

The rest is just assumptions based on thoughts. In a way your remarks here can be seen as corruption, of the truth amongst others.

Edited by rubl

Sounds like these guys are making some easy money.

If they're taking a wage for this, it's out and out corruption.

Tell me more. Do we have a case? Can we request the NACC to investigate?

Or should we just setup the guillotine on your say so ?

• Like 1

In fairness, the meeting was nothing, just a few people meeting informally to talk about "panels" which I suppose is thai speak for committees. They even said it themselves: "Today we only came to meet with each other and talk briefly. But, as for the topic of national reform, it will be open to discussion at the actual meeting [on October 21]," Kamnoon said. I don't even know why it made the news and I'm failing to see any good reason why you're getting worked up about the post from chainarong?

In fairness, the meeting was nothing, just a few people meeting informally to talk about "panels" which I suppose is thai speak for committees. They even said it themselves: "Today we only came to meet with each other and talk briefly. But, as for the topic of national reform, it will be open to discussion at the actual meeting [on October 21]," Kamnoon said. I don't even know why it made the news and I'm failing to see any good reason why you're getting worked up about the post from chainarong?

Make one statement that expresses hope the Thai bashers or shall we say Shinawatra fans don't take over a thread and immediately get resistance. Welcome to Thaksin Shinawatra headquarters.

Niaive to the extreme with just a touch of paranoia.

... and causing trolls to emerge.

I disagree the bashers are paranoid to the extreme. Afraid they will lose the benefits of the cuts in corruption and extremely naive to think they are fooling people.wai.gif