Honda is releasing 800 - 1000 cc sport bike made in Thailand - 2015/2016

ll2

There are some rumors again from the right places that honda will make a 800 or 1000 cc high displacement bike in Thailand in 2015 and release it on 2016. They say most probably a 1000 cc.

I am hearing this for a month now from different people and some say Honda is very careful on not disclosing info about the bike like cbr500 or 650. And some working at Honda said, normally info is open to them but now they don't get many details as well like before!

Hope these rumors become true so we can get a reasonable 400 k - 450 k thb liter sport bike made in Thailand. It will be a milestone also in Thai Motorcyle industry as the first liter bike made in Thailand and first liter bike and engine of honda made outside of Japan.

Not sure what type of bike it should be but what i am guessing is something that challenge ninja 1000, z1000 or maybe a 800 cc hornet that is leaked for some time over internet.

Hope they dont make a bike as big and heavy as ninja1000 or a naked only bike and hope something compact like cbr650f or cbr1000rr. I m OK for a smaller form factor ninja1000 sport touring though.

like a smaller and lighter cbr1000f hurricane!

C'mon Honda, you can do it. We do not need a heavy touring bike, we need a more sporty and compact bike!

exciting really!

Edited by ll2

A 1000cc version of the cbr650 range would be cool. Maybe increase the spec a bit (adjustable USD forks etc) and sell it for 450k ish. I'd be interested in something like that as a sports tourer.

I'd love a v4 litre bike but I don't see that being made in Thailand...

I was hoping they'd introduce a 800cc Hornet at the EICMA in two weeks. The CB1000R is quite outdated so there'll surely come an update pretty soon. Maybe they'll catch up a bit with BMW, Ducati and others by introducing ride-by-wire with selectable modes at least? We'll see but I think Honda definitely has to do something a bit more exciting now.

The 650 range was the "show that you can do it" for Honda in Thailand and they've proven themselves. So it's only natural that Japan gives them the go ahead for more since costs here are considerably lower. Good for us :)

• 3 weeks later...

And Revzilla has a write-up about a possible Africa Twin that I am hoping for. A picture below to whet your appetite. Got an earful because it doesn't have pillion 'rearset' but I pointed out that it has a grab rail (amiright?) and that mollified her. Of course then it was "you know there's also the pan-song-roy (VFR1200)"...but for some reason it doesn't stir me like this one does. Guess the ugly Honda bikes are what does it for me.

TAP_001.jpg

if they would produce the cbr1000rr in thailand and drop the price to 450-500k i'd be very very interested in upgrading.

even if its restricted. its enough for me as the torque is still great for 0-150. does it feel quicker than the z1000 ?

z1000 has a 1040 cc engine tuned for low down torque so possibly it accelerates as good as a cbr1000rr.

but cbr1000rr smokes z1000 at top revs and higher kph especially above 140 kph when the wind starts to slap you hard on a z1000.

if they would produce the cbr1000rr in thailand and drop the price to 450-500k i'd be very very interested in upgrading.

even if its restricted. its enough for me as the torque is still great for 0-150. does it feel quicker than the z1000 ?

z1000 has a 1040 cc engine tuned for low down torque so possibly it accelerates as good as a cbr1000rr.

but cbr1000rr smokes z1000 at top revs and higher kph especially above 140 kph when the wind starts to slap you hard on a z1000.

yes true, after all its a supersport. Do you think its a worthy upgrade from a z800 ? I just dont have fun anymore with the z800 on the highway. great city bike tho.. even for its weight

yes true, after all its a supersport. Do you think its a worthy upgrade from a z800 ? I just dont have fun anymore with the z800 on the highway. great city bike tho.. even for its weight

of course a cbr1000rr is a honda superbike masterpiece made in japan albeit it is getting older and not so expensive to derestrict it.

so it worths.

of course a cbr1000rr is a honda superbike masterpiece made in japan albeit it is getting older and not so expensive to derestrict it.

so it worths.

how much was the de-restriction again ? Not that i'd do it right away if i would get one but one day i sure will lust for more ponies. Also it wont somehow affect the engine negative in longterm right ? i just know that the warranty will get invalid then but thats not really an issue

so it worths.

how much was the de-restriction again ? Not that i'd do it right away if i would get one but one day i sure will lust for more ponies. Also it wont somehow affect the engine negative in longterm right ? i just know that the warranty will get invalid then but thats not really an issue

20 k thb to 75 k thb depending on the level of derestriction.

• 2 months later...

One Honda sales rep told me at BikeFest held at Central World last weekend, just wait and dont rush to buy anybike here(he knows me and also knows that I am interested in cbr650f or similar). Honda will launch a big bike at next motorshow in March. So, that makes this rumor comes alive.

Now I am wondering what kind of bike and size it will be. Let's cross fingers :)

• Like 1

yep, i heard that too.

It is coming!

still hoping for a bike to compete with ninja 1000 but of course much more compact, light and small.

a cbr1000f also can do the job!

or teh best, a cbr1000rr, made in Thailand!

C'mon Honda, you can make it!

It can be a 800 cc bike too but hopes are high for a liter bike.

If the bike they release will be a 800 cc bike, i might not buy it though.

Where are the usual spyshots?

I assume that since ll2 broke the 500 and the 650 series Honda is playing their cards closer to their chest this time around.

And there was that leak about the 250 also IIRC.

you know cb300f also arrived suddenly without any leaks or rumors.

all i know they are more careful and so all the staff at the factory are not aware. they are aware of the parts they are responsible only.

So, lets see. hope it is not vfr800 coming to Thailand!

you know cb300f also arrived suddenly without any leaks or rumors.

all i know they are more careful and so all the staff at the factory are not aware. they are aware of the parts they are responsible only.

So, lets see. hope it is not vfr800 coming to Thailand!

A VFR800X would be exciting if they could come in at less than the top of the line Triumph Tiger XcX 800....