Serena & Venus Williams: Russian fined for 'brothers' jibe

Lite Beer

I heard a classic on the radio somewhere a few years back. They were talking about Anna Kournikova being on the cover of Vogue. When the guy handed over to the guy in the studio he said: "Well, there's only one magazine which Venus and Serena Williams have the chance of being on the cover of: And that's National Geographic.

The guy in the studio lost his job.

• Like 2

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These cute little jokes might be amusing to some.

Permit me to add some spice to this conversation:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

The total career prize money won on the Women's Tennis Association as of 10/13/2014 is:

Serena Williams - $61,003,779

Venus Williams - $30,203,596

Total career prize money - $91,207,375

Neither of them have ever failed a drug test.

It's a racial slur. Punishment is well-deserved.

How the <deleted> was that a racial slur, he did not comment on race or colour, no different than somebody saying look at them 2 they are not that athleticly built, but does that say I am calling them fat, why when 2 people of different colours say something the other does not like, becomes racial, That card is frown around so often it becomes boring

I could definately see Robin Williams saying it, and everybody would have laughed for days.

When are 'white people' gonna stand up and start law suits over racial slurs from others (because we know it happens all the time)...?

I support the Russian, very funny...!

Just like the boxer Bernard Hopkins said I will never loose to a White guy, nothing was said or came of that, and for the record he did loose to a White guy from Wales, who was educated enough to take no notice of his racial remark, and I too found it funny,

The total career prize money won on the Women's Tennis Association as of 10/13/2014 is:

And in a sport so often berated for being so exclusively white a domain, the emergence of two black players, who could drive sales of sports goods into the black ghettos of the USA was never going to be passed up, whatever they were, are or did.

In another life, their father would have been locked up.

Anyone who thinks Serena is not on steroids is delusional. She is more jacked than an NFL linebacker and they need to test her and ban it from the sport. Either that or admit to it and let everyone do it so it is an even playing field. However, I don't believe Venus is and this is why she too has difficulty beating her brother... er I mean sister lol.

A picture paints a thousand words.

I bet the little man in a boat ain't so little. blink.png

As long as a ruler, thick as a coke can.

• Like 1

Andy Roddick once lost to Serena Williams as a youngster.

His quote was "I was a skinny kid who had to run around in the shower to get wet while Serena was already bench pressing dump trucks."

Apparently Serena found it funny and no silly little PC liberals got their knickers in a twist.

Edited by H1w4yR1da

Before they start hammering this guy he makes a valid point. Anyone who thinks Serena is not on steroids is delusional. She is more jacked than an NFL linebacker and they need to test her and ban it from the sport. Either that or admit to it and let everyone do it so it is an even playing field. However, I don't believe Venus is and this is why she too has difficulty beating her brother... er I mean sister lol.

A picture paints a thousand words.

Can I safely assume female tennis players are not tested for steroids ??

That photo is amazing...

It's a racial slur. Punishment is well-deserved.

How the <deleted> was that a racial slur, he did not comment on race or colour, no different than somebody saying look at them 2 they are not that athleticly built, but does that say I am calling them fat, why when 2 people of different colours say something the other does not like, becomes racial, That card is frown around so often it becomes boring

To those who didn't think the comment was racist, Serena took it as racist.

SINGAPORE (AP) — Serena Williams says comments by the head of the Russian Tennis Federation referring to her and older sister Venus as "brothers" were bullying, sexist and racist, and that she supported the one-year suspension imposed by the WTA against the official.

Andy Roddick once lost to Serena Williams as a youngster.

His quote was "I was a skinny kid who had to run around in the shower to get wet while Serena was already bench pressing dump trucks."

Apparently Serena found it funny and no silly little PC liberals got their knickers in a twist.

Andy Roddick's statement had nothing to do with race or gender, nor did it have anything to do with being either pc or not pc.

And it appears no dump truck drivers got ticked off enough to rough up the skinny Roddick kid in any sense. Maybe some other skinny kids didn't like it but a skinny kid himself made the remark.

The tennis guy in Russia is however a boor and a klutz who deserves to have his wallet lightened so that he himself may become enlightened, remote as the possibility is.

What's racist is that if a black person said it, it would be perfectly fine. rolleyes.gif

Racism: White South-African (or Seth Efkin) student settled in America applies for an African American award, gets expelled.

TrevorRichards.jpg

http://www.discriminations.us/2009/05/nj-med-student-expelled-for-calling-himself-%E2%80%9Cwhite-african-american%E2%80%9D/

Insulting to African-American students (blacks) apparently, even though they've never been to Africa?, so why not call it an award for negrito students or black students? oh no, that would be racist. blink.png

PC BS nonsense.

Edited by CBR650

What's racist is that if a black person said it, it would be perfectly fine. rolleyes.gif

Racism: White South-African (or Seth Efkin) student settled in America applies for an African American award, gets suspended.

TrevorRichards.jpg

Insulting to African-Americans (blacks) apparently, even though they've never been to Africa?, so why not call it an award for negrito students or black students? oh no, that would be racist. blink.png

PC BS nonsense.

Well that is kind of distorted. Talk to some actual African Americans and ask them if they feel they are the same culturally as actual African (typical black ones) recent immigrants that they encounter. Such as some dude FOB from Nigeria. You will find they make a distinction. Fair or not, it is made. African Americans to my view are as American as you can get ...

This is kind of related to the issues Obama had earlier in his political career with the African-American demographic. Besides being half white it was definitely noted that the black side of his roots were not related to the mainstream African-American experience, which yes, often included coming over as slaves.

So Americans who feel Obama is somehow "not American enough" are not all white.

Edited by Jingthing

Talk to some actual African Americans

Do you mean blacks, or people born in Africa and raised in America (regardless of race)? huh.png

My opinion: You can say blacks if you like. African Americans in the American cultural context of course includes all Americans with an ethnic connection to black Africa. So technically it would include FOB black Nigerians but a distinction would usually be noted. I don't think the question of identity labels of white South African immigrants to the USA is really on the radar because of small numbers. Right or wrong, in the American context they would probably be seen just as white people. An Egyptian Arab immigrant would likely identify as an Arab American and not an African American. Every country has it's own schtick about these labels, and the labels can change over time. For example, most people know that when Brits say Asian in their country they're usually talking about a different kind of Asian than when Americans say Asian in theirs.

Edited by Jingthing

Exactly. All a bit bulsh1tty really.

If referring to their race or nationality, say it as their race or nationality. Oh, but that's racist, so instead we give them a load of different non-racist tags that divide them into races, because that, er, isn't racist, until the tag fits someone that isn't their race, such as a White South-African raised in America, then it is racist.

PC retards.

• Like 2

Hehe really ? sok some champions get along on drugs fine all their careers without getting caught.. dosnt mean they arnt on them though

See Lance Armstrong....whistling.gif

• Like 2

Hehe really ? sok some champions get along on drugs fine all their careers without getting caught.. dosnt mean they arnt on them though

See Lance Armstrong....whistling.gif

There were always rumors about Armstrong's drug use. There was some disappointment when it was confirmed, but no real surprise.

Give me a link that indicates the Williams sisters have been linked to drug use in the past.