Night out on Walking Street

BigDamo

The touts will take you to Rocket or Playgirls. Both bars are not scams as such, but they are over-priced and aimed at tour groups who want to see "tricks" involving cigarette smoking, live goldfish, balloon bursting and other anatomical acts. The performers tend to be rather big, powerful unattractive women and the whole show is completely untitillating.

You'd be better off taking them to a big gogo bar like Sensations or Living Dolls Showcase, or a proper showbar like Angelwitch.

I would not recommend Sensations. I have never been to a bar in Pattaya where the girls had a worse attitude. If you're only going there to look, then you'll be ok because they are a cut above most other bars in the visual department.

The Thai "scams" are as shrewd as their operators which, on a scale of 1 - 10, ( 10 being very bright ), they don't register at all. Unless you are really stupid the 6 of you should have a great time till you return home. Your lady friends who might even be 5 star back home will be green with envy of the exotic " Evening Blossoms " lithe little brown bodies and suggest the beach for the remainder of your holiday !

Derp !

Might I suggest this site: <snip>

(That was normally where such topics would be directed once upon a time. LoL - haven't been there for 6 years or so !)

I was going to mention the names of a couple of places that have those "other" kinds of shows (darts, horns, razor blades, etc) but then remembered just who all reads these threads !

A couple friends of mine would be some upset if their businesses suddenly got raided tonight !

Instead I will just offer a little advice. The touts are all along Walking Street, usually flashing laminated cards with descriptions of the different acts (ping pong, razor blade) etc. Ask about cover charges and booze prices BEFORE going into the establishment. When your drinks arrive, check the bill (the "bin") and pay it right away. That way you are free to leave if you decide you don't like what you are seeing. If it is after 1am, be wary. There was a recent article about some tourists that paid a guy to take them to one of those bars and when they got there they found out the place was already closed for the night !

The bar should be either just off of Walking Street or within a couple hundred meters at most. Absolutely NO reason to be expected to take any kind of transport to get there. Do not try to take sneaky pictures or record anything. Maybe have small change (20s if you're cheap, 100s if you're feeling generous) available for tips (you'll notice the "performers" are not exactly at the "height of their youth" and are not earning a whole lot).

The regular a-go-gos are all pretty much the same. Different skimpy costumes, some with more nudity than others. Most feature scantily clad girls shuffling from pole to pole every couple of songs. Some have extras like fake lesbian and/or shower (soapy tub) shows and the like.

Angelwitch has choreographed show routines which can be fun to watch. And if you go back 6 months from now you'll probably see the exact same shows (with many of the same faces).

Lucifers/Marine Disco/Insomnia (bring ear plugs) are basically just nightclubs (dj music and dancing) with foreigners and freelancers making up most of the crowd. Hollywood is more of a regular nightclub with various bands performing on stage.

Mmm must do thing on your holiday, go see a sordid sex show. Maybe think about the women who have to perform every night.

Without punters , these places would have to close down.

What's wrong with going out for a pleasant dinner and then out for bop in one of the clubs ?

So, since the Blues Factory is closed all of it is?

Avoid the touts with the laminated cards. They have been known to want money in their hand,and then take people to a closed venue and refuse refunds, also to insist on entry charge, for a place that would normally not charge one.

There is a lot more to Pattaya than the average Expat outside of the place realises. Top class restaurants, shows, street entertainers, attractions etc, but also with a seedier side. It is better priced than the Capital and easier to get around.

Walking St is a bit of a tourist trap, but is a sight to be seen!

I don't like tourists. So I go where I can drive in and park like the Hilton and Central mall or the Royal Garden is next door to Hopf and Cherry's is on 3rd road away from the tourist hot spots.

Quite hard to drive and park lately.

And more recently....

Second Rd is being resurfaced and most roads were under water yesterday.

So, since the Blues Factory is closed all of it is?

Avoid the touts with the laminated cards. They have been known to want money in their hand,and then take people to a closed venue and refuse refunds, also to insist on entry charge, for a place that would normally not charge one.

There is a lot more to Pattaya than the average Expat outside of the place realises. Top class restaurants, shows, street entertainers, attractions etc, but also with a seedier side. It is better priced than the Capital and easier to get around.

Walking St is a bit of a tourist trap, but is a sight to be seen!

I don't like tourists. So I go where I can drive in and park like the Hilton and Central mall or the Royal Garden is next door to Hopf and Cherry's is on 3rd road away from the tourist hot spots.

Quite hard to drive and park lately.

And more recently....

Second Rd is being resurfaced and most roads were under water yesterday.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/769603-wet-season-over-no/

Pretty much all drained away after a couple of hours - certainly by 5.30pm all that was left of the flooding I mentioned was some silt and rubbish on the roads.

Big for an alternate kink in the nights activities The Penthouse will rent room or rooms with a bar pole has all kind of toys available for sale ,closed circuit to to their clubs girls & x rated movies(for free){maybe they charge now for the movies} The rooms are decorated with mirrors & lights sound system - the whole shebang. It was quite a while ago I was last there but it was only 1000 baht a night probably 2000 now. But it was worth every baht when I was there. If your straight you might want to move quickly when you go outside. Boyztown is also around that area. The only scam is they will let you buy shares or a share of the establishment. I would give that one a pass!

My opinion anything on Walking street is a rip off except for the Blues Factory.

Unfortunately the Blues Factory is history now

That might explain why it isn't a rip off! giggle.gif

Its reopening apparently. :)

As for me and my part it was the end for me anyway unless I'd won the lottery, even then I'd have still left Thailand. :)