Manchester City

mrbojangles

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm willing to give them a second chance to swap the fixture around and play it on the Sunday given his Brexit reference carms. :biggrin:

I really don't care what they think our current difficulties but its interesting that they are the only ones whining, or, i'm going to make the assumption in Bredbury Boredoms case, trolling on about it, with his seemingly infinite impunity.  Is Alfie back posting now?

There little doubt in my mind i'd do a terrific job in negotiating our exit from the EU and dealing with those non elected bureaucrats and piss heads like Jean-Claude Drunkers!!!  ?

Edited by carmine

36 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I would imigine  that clubs wouldn't  resort to making claim but will have to take spurs <deleted> on the chin.

Meaning both this and your last post are utter waffle.

Thanks for the prompt clarification.

The thing is is this: come April City might not have the EPL sewn up like last season.

But I do not agree that is OK to expect fans to travel that sort of distance in the night unnecessarily. What time might some of them get home; if at all?

Edited by owl sees all
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

The thing is is this: come April City might not have the EPL sewn up like last season.

But I do not agree that is OK to expect fans to travel that sort of distance in the night unnecessarily. What time might some of them get home; if at all?

This is all highly amusing.

City beat us both games last season and both times looked far better than us.

I get the four aways in a row aspect but a Monday night game in London for a few of their fans is bugger all compared to the Monday night game for the 70000 or more Spurs fans who will show up many living on the south coast or whatever.

Yet only City are whining.

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Not sure how you conclude I'm being a pedant. I mean, how dare we criticise Spurs. Your club is at fault here, nobody else, so suck it up and accept the criticism. Until we find out anything else, as far as we know you only offered to swap the home fixture around and when we declined that, you said Monday night it is then. Not really many choices as far as I can see. I'm liking your Mourinho tactic though of shifting the focus away from your clubs failings to calling me pedantic.

I'm also surprised that you don't seem to be concerned as to what the pitch will be like.

If it is American "football" it is hard to imagine the pitch being anything other than a mess.

38 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

We'll hoof it up to Kane and feed on the knock ons with Moura and Son running through.

A muddy old fashioned goal fest.

Can't wait....I hope its raining too.

I hope someone throws a coke can and a burger at their coach.  That'll be the subject of posted for the rest of the season.?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Meaning both this and your last post are utter waffle.

Thanks for the prompt clarification.

Not at all waffle. I gave the facts i believe to be correct with regards the fixture changes. I gave my opinion that i believed the clubs would have the legal right to claim compensation  from Spurs of costs incurred resulting from Spurs fixture <deleted>. And finally i gave the opinion that i doubt  the clubs would claim compensation but would  take this costs on the chin.

Would you like clarity on any other of my posts which are too difficult  for your comprehension?

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

. From what I've  been reading spurs should have known it was going to be difficult  to move in at the beginning of the season based on progress and should have had a contingency  plan ready in case the ground wasn't  ready - and construction  projects  not finishing on time is very common - but they didn't  and blundered on! Facking shambles!

Can someone explain to him that we do have a contingency plan and that is to play at Wembley which is exactly what we are doing !!!

Edited by alfieconn
  • Haha 1

This is all highly amusing.

City beat us both games last season and both times looked far better than us.

I get the four aways in a row aspect but a Monday night game in London for a few of their fans is bugger all compared to the Monday night game for the 70000 or more Spurs fans who will show up many living on the south coast or whatever.

Yet only City are whining.

Only City are whining are they? When are you going to make use of google before making the incorrect  statements you often make?

https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/everton-manchester-united-spurs-fixture-15107172

We'll hoof it up to Kane and feed on the knock ons with Moura and Son running through.

A muddy old fashioned goal fest.

Can't wait....I hope its raining too.

Be ironic if one of your players got injured due to the pitch conditions wouldn't it, but lets hope NOBODY gets injured eh!

48 minutes ago, alfieconn said:
2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Can someone explain to him that we do have a contingency plan and that is to play at Wembley which is exactly what we are doing !!!

Ask someone to explain to me? Are you not capable of doing so yourself Alfredo?

My point, which you have missed, was that it was supposedly imaginable pre-season that your ground would not be ready in time so the contingency I was suggesting was making a reasonable contingency plan based on progress to date and forecast finish dates - with me so far Alfredo? - to predict when the ground would be ready +/- a month or two for potential delay. You clearly DID NOT have a contingency plan for the City game as there has been weeks of debate where and when it would be played which have only recently been concluded with moving the fixture from your ground on a Sunday afternoon to Wembley on a Monday evening the day after an American football fixture when the condition of the pitch could be affected for our fixture PROVING you did not have a contingency plan!!! Waiting for your usual "prove it response".

41 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Ask someone to explain to me? Are you not capable of doing so yourself Alfredo?

My point, which you have missed, was that it was supposedly imaginable pre-season that your ground would not be ready in time so the contingency I was suggesting was making a reasonable contingency plan based on progress to date and forecast finish dates - with me so far Alfredo? - to predict when the ground would be ready +/- a month or two for potential delay. You clearly DID NOT have a contingency plan for the City game as there has been weeks of debate where and when it would be played which have only recently been concluded with moving the fixture from your ground on a Sunday afternoon to Wembley on a Monday evening the day after an American football fixture when the condition of the pitch could be affected for our fixture PROVING you did not have a contingency plan!!! Waiting for your usual "prove it response".

Make up your mind, i was on ignore wasn't i ?

Weeks of debate  ? ?  not from Spurs there was, the game was alway's going to be played at Wembley on the Monday night, why wouldn't it ? the only thing holding up the decision was whether the new stadium was going to be ready !

As for contingency plans see this from 15th May 2018. https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-could-return-to-wembley-for-part-of-next-season-a3839546.html

Spurs are considering playing a run of home games at the national stadium if their 61,500-seater ground is not ready for the start of the campaign.

Spurs’ option to spend the whole of next season at Wembley expired last month but they have until the end of May to tell the FA if they want to continue at their temporary home for the start of the new campaign — one of the contingency plans agreed when they signed the deal with the FA last year.

And your now back on ignore again.

Edited by alfieconn
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, alfieconn said:

Make up your mind, i was on ignore wasn't i ?

Weeks of debate  ? ?  not from Spurs there was, the game was alway's going to be played at Wembley on the Monday night, why wouldn't it ? the only thing holding up the decision was whether the new stadium was going to be ready !

As for contingency plans see this from 15th May 2018. https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/tottenham-could-return-to-wembley-for-part-of-next-season-a3839546.html

Spurs are considering playing a run of home games at the national stadium if their 61,500-seater ground is not ready for the start of the campaign.

Spurs’ option to spend the whole of next season at Wembley expired last month but they have until the end of May to tell the FA if they want to continue at their temporary home for the start of the new campaign — one of the contingency plans agreed when they signed the deal with the FA last year.

And your now back on ignore again.

You want to keep up mate. Took you off ignore several weeks ago. What, you don't remember?

"Weeks of debate   not from Spurs there was, the game was alway's going to be played at Wembley on the Monday night" - that's bullshit! First you were trying to get the fixture swapped to Manchester. The confirmation of the fixture being at Wembley is very recent - see image!!!

The contingency plan as of 15 May 2018 was for the possibility of just one or two games maybe needing to be played at Wembley - it certainly did not consider the City game as recent events have proven.

Stop making it up.

Spurs confirm wembley date.JPG

Edited by Bredbury Blue

7 hours ago, carmine said:

You are being a pedant because you have created a situation in your mind that has in fact no baring in your knowledge to the actual sequence of events.

Blimey. I've created the situation now. Talk about blame anybody but your precious Spurs.

At the end of the day, it's Spurs fault for making a total mess out of things and not a single one of you has muttered a single word of sorrow for any supporters of any other club who are being put out by your club. Absolute self absorbed selfishness

56 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Blimey. I've created the situation now. Talk about blame anybody but your precious Spurs.

At the end of the day, it's Spurs fault for making a total mess out of things and not a single one of you has muttered a single word of sorrow for any supporters of any other club who are being put out by your club. Absolute self absorbed selfishness

They don't like it up 'em mrbojangles

they-dont-like-it-up-em.jpeg

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Check out the new kickoff  times:

City Champions League fixtures 2018/19

19 September - City vs Lyon - Kick-off 8pm

2 October - Hoffenheim vs City - Kick-off 5.55pm

23 October - Shakhtar vs City - Kick-off 8pm

7 November - City vs Shakhtar- Kick-off 8pm

27 November - Lyon vs City - Kick-off 8pm

12 December - City vs Hoffenheim - Kick-off 8pm

13 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Have your club shown a greater concern for your supporters?  I can't see that they have.  And the meal of it been made by you and Mr Troll is to a different level to any other fan on this forum.

Have you noticed that yet?  Should tell you something.......but then again, i remember the endless wailing after crashing out of the CL, so i'm expecting, well certainly the other fella be droning on about this till next may, and will definitely be one for the excuse bag.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Have your club shown a greater concern for your supporters?  I can't see that they have.  And the meal of it been made by you and Mr Troll is to a different level to any other fan on this forum.

Have you noticed that yet?  Should tell you something.......but then again, i remember the endless wailing after crashing out of the CL, so i'm expecting, well certainly the other fella be droning on about this till next may, and will definitely be one for the excuse bag.

Yes. Our club have put free transport on for our supporters because we all know how difficult it is to get back up north after a weekday match in the smoke. But I can see you really don't give a hoot about that.

As for a "meal" of it. What has really got my Goat is that originally, this issue was merely a comment and in my opinion a more than fair comment that moving a game from Sunday to Monday night AND the day after an American Rugby match was not right. It's affected me as a City fan as it's an inconvenience for me watching it here in Saudi mid-week and so I mentioned it in the City thread. What has made this go on for so long is you Spurs lot refusal to accept that it's your fault and an inconvenience to other clubs. In replies, all you lot have done is say stuff like suck it up, we're whining, droning on, it's our fault cos we wouldn't switch the fixture and basically jump on anyone who dare criticise your club. You'll do anything to try and derail the actual issue by even bringing up us losing in the CL last year. All I have been replying to is Spurs fans rebuttal of the issue but then you accuse me of droning on. It's like if you don't get the last word in or you're losing a debate, then we're droning on.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Yes. Our club have put free transport on for our supporters because we all know how difficult it is to get back up north after a weekday match in the smoke. But I can see you really don't give a hoot about that.

As for a "meal" of it. What has really got my Goat is that originally, this issue was merely a comment and in my opinion a more than fair comment that moving a game from Sunday to Monday night AND the day after an American Rugby match was not right. It's affected me as a City fan as it's an inconvenience for me watching it here in Saudi mid-week and so I mentioned it in the City thread. What has made this go on for so long is you Spurs lot refusal to accept that it's your fault and an inconvenience to other clubs. In replies, all you lot have done is say stuff like suck it up, we're whining, droning on, it's our fault cos we wouldn't switch the fixture and basically jump on anyone who dare criticise your club. You'll do anything to try and derail the actual issue by even bringing up us losing in the CL last year. All I have been replying to is Spurs fans rebuttal of the issue but then you accuse me of droning on. It's like if you don't get the last word in or you're losing a debate, then we're droning on.

Yawn....i really can't be bothered to derail anything, i've completely lost interest really!!  You'd be better off bringing Bredbury Blue into it and leaving me out.  Its right up his alley.  

22 minutes ago, carmine said:

Yawn....i really can't be bothered to derail anything, i've completely lost interest really!!  You'd be better off bringing Bredbury Blue into it and leaving me out.  Its right up his alley.  

And a big yawn back at ya. If you don't want to get into a debate, then don't reply to a post. Really is simple

42 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Just tape it on your Betamax and watch it in the morning.....we promise not to tell you the score mrboj....:w00t:

Nope, I'll be staying up to watch it Ronnie. Never miss a match because of the time it's on, I'll just be knackered for work

• Like 2