Manchester City

mrbojangles

I imagine Wenger will use his pace on the wings and run them ragged.

Which is exactly what we didn't do yesterday. Nasri fluffing about in the left hand corner was getting my goat up. For the most part we had nobody on the right.

Wenger is too smart to make that mistake.

Anyway, back to City and i think that Mancini's finished now. Basically, its down to the lack of progress this season. Atleast thats how it looks to the neutral. The team doesn't look like a unit anymore. I just don't see how RM could put forward a particularly valid case for the board to stick with him and reinvest in his stewardship...if that makes sense!!

And, again i'll say it!! Why isn't Klopps name being touted out? He's arguably the best out there.

I totally agree Carms. After all of those years of winning naff all, I appreciate what Mancini has achieved but yes, we should have been moving forward this year and we haven't. It really is that simple.

When I've watched City against Chelsea they have looked a good side, but over the course of the season it seems as if too many players have dipped in form (aguero, silva) since last year. Odd considering I thought they would have the belief after winning the league last year and improve.

Maybe it could be because of too much rotation?

When fit, Aguero and Silva have played almost every time.

They have both been battling injuries this year, but I cannot accept 90% of the team dipping in form all at the same time. We all have off days, and City are not robots. But there have been too many performances like yesterdays.......unacceptable.

I mean Clichy made MacManaman look like Ronaldo!!

There was virtually no creativity in the team.Anyway, hopefully I will wake up tomorrow and find its all been a bad dream

"Bad dream" nightmare is a better description,you can have all the money in the world to buy the best players (mercenaries is more accurate) but it won,t buy you a TEAM- the Wigan team cost £7.8 million to assemble and they wanted to win-simple.

Sheik Mansour is reported to have offered a kings ransom to SAF to act in a consultancy/advisory capacity to City to be met with a polite refusal-the "noisy neighbours" must go back to the drawing board-once again LOL clap2.gif

It,s only a game Jack not life and death-whistling.gif

If we don't get fourth then we won't have deserved it. The blame will be placed at the door of Mr Levy. Simple as. smile.png

If you don't get fourth it's cos you are a little team in Larndon who tried your best to be bigger than Arsenal but ended up in the mickey mouse European Cup cos your a one man team. Simple as smile.png

Excuse me?!!

It's a dig at gobby smokes, not you Carms. Look at his earlier gloating posts and you will see why I have switched my allegiance from wanting Spurs to finish top four, to Arsenal. Well at least on this forum and for today. wink.png

Which is exactly what we didn't do yesterday. Nasri fluffing about in the left hand corner was getting my goat up. For the most part we had nobody on the right.

Anyway, back to City and i think that Mancini's finished now. Basically, its down to the lack of progress this season. Atleast thats how it looks to the neutral. The team doesn't look like a unit anymore. I just don't see how RM could put forward a particularly valid case for the board to stick with him and reinvest in his stewardship...if that makes sense!!

And, again i'll say it!! Why isn't Klopps name being touted out? He's arguably the best out there.

I totally agree Carms. After all of those years of winning naff all, I appreciate what Mancini has achieved but yes, we should have been moving forward this year and we haven't. It really is that simple.

Its a cut throat business but with the sort of investment thats been made i think the owners can justifiably have expected more. Maybe Mancini's also been let down by some players too. I think he has but i also think its time for a change but a change to the right manager which would be Klopp.

You dont suddenly become a bad manager after a year.

I rate Mancini, and I like him. Many people dont like him and dont rate him or are 50/50 about him.

He hasnt changed his management style or his principles (some say that is a weakness). So my point is this. The City board signed him up for 5 yrs, presumably as a result of what he had achieved the season before. You cannot say after another year that he has regressed as a manager. Maybe the team has regressed, but he was not backed in the market by Marwood last year which is a feasible excuse. If the board are actively looking to get rid of him, then they should not have signed him up for 5 yrs and they should have made a monumental effort to get Mourinho or Klopp or another big name.

One thing concerns me. Tixi Bergiristan is held in high esteem by some, for all the good work he did at Barcelona. If he was such a genius, and they are looking to do the same at City, why was he not able to get Guardiola? Money is no object. So if he was part of the machine that brought the good times to Barca, then why was he not able to bring Guardiola on board. I am getting more and more concerned with Tixi. Maybe he is not quite as good as what people think he is!!

Sheik Mansour is reported to have offered a kings ransom to SAF to act in a consultancy/advisory capacity to City to be met with a polite refusal-the "noisy neighbours" must go back to the drawing board-once again LOL clap2.gif

Link please. No, don't bother as it's just the usual RAG made up troll garbage. SAF has gone now and you have Moyes. Better get used to it. wink.png

It,s only a game Jack not life and death

And that's why I treat your remarks with the contempt they deserve whistling.gif

If we don't get fourth then we won't have deserved it. The blame will be placed at the door of Mr Levy. Simple as. smile.png

If you don't get fourth it's cos you are a little team in Larndon who tried your best to be bigger than Arsenal but ended up in the mickey mouse European Cup cos your a one man team. Simple as smile.png

Excuse me?!!

It's a dig at gobby smokes, not you Carms. Look at his earlier gloating posts and you will see why I have switched my allegiance from wanting Spurs to finish top four, to Arsenal. Well at least on this forum and for today. wink.png

Its Mancini's fault mate....you were so bad yesterday I couldn't resist!

Its Mancini's fault mate....you were so bad yesterday I couldn't resist!

Not as bad as your predictions though smokes tongue.png . Sorry, I have kept quiet about that all season but just couldn't resist

Edit. Actually no, I take that back. We were as bad as your predictionsbiggrin.png

• Like 2

Link please. No, don't bother as it's just the usual RAG made up troll garbage. SAF has gone now and you have Moyes. Better get used to it. wink.png

>It,s only a game Jack not life and death

And that's why I treat your remarks with the contempt they deserve whistling.gif

Give it a week and you will get over it cheesy.gif

Well done Wigan. The best team won. We just didn't look interested and if Mancini can't get his team geared up for an FA Cup final then that is just bad management IMO and I won't give a hoot if he's gone by next sunday evening.

Pelligrini was backed down to 4-1 on to be the next City manager "after a few hefty bets". And that was BEFORE the Cup Final. So who were these tasty gamblers?

Excuse me?!!

You have to like Arsenal, we're your feeder club! (Although perhaps Nasri and Clichy are now looking better business for us than Citeh!).

Well done Wigan. The best team won. We just didn't look interested and if Mancini can't get his team geared up for an FA Cup final then that is just bad management IMO and I won't give a hoot if he's gone by next sunday evening.

Pelligrini was backed down to 4-1 on to be the next City manager "after a few hefty bets". And that was BEFORE the Cup Final. So who were these tasty gamblers?

Brian and Tixi probably

The so called 'hefty' bets were bets of 'hundreds' of pounds, originating from South America and Spain.

With speciality bets like this, its not like a horse race or even a football match, where there are multiple outcomes. You start receiving bets on one particular outcome, the bookies start getting nervous, especially after they got spanked over Moyes and Ferguson.

It wouldnt take a lot, maybe 12-15 bets of 3-500 pounds

Klopp and Laudrup now being touted as possible successors,along with Pellegrini.

They are drifting a little, one interesting point there has been significant interest in Brendon Rodgers and AVB!

I would say a definite No to Pelegrini, Rodgers and AVB.

Yes to Klopp or Laudrup.

Its no good me saying I want Mancini to stay........ something is going on. I feel that someone has mixed him a bottle and has been p!ssing in someones ear. So if its going to happen, let it happen quickly and the replacement be top notch. 1)Klopp, 2) Mourinho, 3)Laudrup 4) De Boer. Those would be my top 4 wish list if Mancini has to go.

You know Jack, all kidding aside, if it's not Pelagrini as most seem to think, I really would not be surprised to see Rafa Benitez jump into the frame....and why not? He's a free agent, knows the EPL well, has managed big clubs in Europe and I even think Chelsea fans are starting to warm to him.

You know Jack, all kidding aside, if it's not Pelagrini as most seem to think, I really would not be surprised to see Rafa Benitez jump into the frame....and why not? He's a free agent, knows the EPL well, has managed big clubs in Europe and I even think Chelsea fans are starting to warm to him.

I dont want Benitez. I think he is a good manager, but he belongs to Liverpool. His heart is there.

Klopp and Laudrup now being touted as possible successors,along with Pellegrini.

They are drifting a little, one interesting point there has been significant interest in Brendon Rodgers and AVB!

Yes to Klopp or Laudrup.

Its no good me saying I want Mancini to stay........ something is going on. I feel that someone has mixed him a bottle and has been p!ssing in someones ear. So if its going to happen, let it happen quickly and the replacement be top notch. 1)Klopp, 2) Mourinho, 3)Laudrup 4) De Boer. Those would be my top 4 wish list if Mancini has to go.

Laudrup? Why exactly is he any better a choice than Rodgers or AVB out of interest? If you are going dutch then Frank Rykaard is more proven than De Boer. Didn't he put together Guardiola's squad? Certainly started things off.

Edited by carmine

I dont want Benitez. I think he is a good manager, but he belongs to Liverpool. His heart is there.

He's going to go somewhere regardless of where his heart is and is one of the most experienced of managers available. I think he's done remarkably well at Chelsea under a lot of pressure.

Tend to agree with you there. Benitez would be better plying his trade abroad now.

Yes to Klopp or Laudrup.

Laudrup? Why exactly is he any better a choice than Rodgers or AVB out of interest?

Rodgers I just dont like. Mealy mouthed, little personality has a lot to prove.

AVB, personality wise, not for me, and has yet to prove he can handle these multi millionaire prima donnas

The main difference for me with Laudrup is that he was an exceptional player (admittedly no guarantee of turning that into good management). He is very impressive when being interviewed, sense of humour and forthright, which I like. He has had Swansea playing some extremely attractive football. I just feel he would be a better fit than the other 2.

oh and by the way city, nice one for ensuring that moyes is pretty much guaranteed to break his trophy winning duck in august.

Are they stevie? when wigan get the bac four tight and they dont f-- up, as they did yesterday they're more than capable of beating anyone in the prem. oh and woudnt it be a nice welcome to the pleasure dome for moyes, nice little championship??wigan giving them a pasting at wembley!!!! oh and as for some calls for city 'board'clap2.gif to make an announcement prior to wembley about mancini, you really think a 'we fully support the manager' would have settled the dust, just the opposite IMO.

Edited by rijit

oh and by the way city, nice one for ensuring that moyes is pretty much guaranteed to break his trophy winning duck in august.

Are they stevie? when wigan get the bac four tight and they dont f-- up, as they did yesterday they're more than capable of beating anyone in the prem. oh and woudnt it be a nice welcome to the pleasure dome for moyes, nice little championship??wigan giving them a pasting at wembley!!!! oh and as for some calls for city 'board'clap2.gif to make an announcement prior to wembley about mancini, you really think a 'we fully support the manager' would have settled the dust, just the opposite IMO.

They should have made the announcement that the newspaper stories about Pellegrini were scurrilous (if that was the case)

As a City fan, its what I wanted to hear.

I think the silence from City regarding Mankini is ominous, and I agree with Jack that whatever, they should have shown him support.

Think he will be gone in the next few days, will be interesting to see who goes there though.