Manchester City

mrbojangles

Good to see you are coming round to Pellegrini who will take you forward on the pitch especially in Europe.

Apparently he likes players with width and using wingers to their maximum, which is something that we have lacked this season and frustrated the heck out of me. He also likes to attack but not to the extremes of the Kevin Keegan ilk biggrin.png

Arsenal defender Nacho Monreal has said that Pellegrini is the best coach he has ever played for. Monreal played for Malaga and left for Arsenal in this years january transfer window. The signs are looking good.

I must admit, things are looking up.

I have read article after article on Pellegrini. Every single one quoting a player or ex player is positive. Every single player past or present speaks in glowing terms of him.

Pellegrini is the miracle worker-best coach in the world for sure-don,t know why City didn,t go for him before? give him a couple of years and see the difference in the side-yeah get real this is Manchester City remember,heard it ALL before cheesy.gif

Arab owners with no knowledge of football employing two Spaniards as executives and looking for another foreigner as coach-and using a council property as your home-this is Manchester City today,wonder what Joe Mercers thoughts would be wink.png

Will we be seeing a re-vitalised Nasri?

Samir Nasri has talked up Manuel Pellgrini’s prospects of success at Manchester City while suggesting former boss Roberto Mancini was unable to get to grips with different personalities in the City dressing room.

http://www.offthepost.info/blog/2013/05/man-city-star-samir-nasri-talks-up-pellegrini-criticises-mancini/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+offthepost%2FTLAa+%28Off+The+Post%29

New kit

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/brand-new-manchester-city-unveil-their-new-2013-14-nike-home-kit-in-new-york/?

I listened to an interview with him and i think you'll see a much better Nasri next season. He also basically said that players need treating differently but they don't like being spoken badly about publicly by their manager. As i have said before, schoolboy management by Mancini. This squad obviously lacked any feelgood factor, harmony and if the right choice is made will be a big force next season and to repeat myself i think they'll go toe to toe with Chelsea

yeah carmine good spot there was defo an obvious lack of feelgood factor within the man city team, maybe the 'pelican kid' will bring that back, if not, will they struggle to get in the top 4? probably not,,,,,, but u never know, stranger things have been known. a saving factor? could be teves will be in his last year, so expect a large return from him

Would you like to put money on that carmine?

Or like the rest you are all talk and no trousers!!!!

***MrRed see's an angle to earn lots of doe this year if all these mothers back there talk up.....i doubt there will be ant takers though as usual laugh.png

Have you got a gambling problem?

nah, just a potential mid table problemclap2.gif

Roberto Mancini was just not good enough! says Manchester City CEO Ferran Soriano

ROBERTO Mancini was sacked because his brand of football was simply not good enough for City, and was showing no signs of improving.

So says Blues chief executive Ferran Soriano, who played an influential role in Mancini getting the bullet, and has spoken in depth about the managerial change for the first time.

Soriano also predicted – carefully avoiding naming the incoming Manuel Pellegrini – that the new manager will give City a more attractive, winning style of football, help to develop a stronger youth policy, and soothe the tensions in and around the team.

Looking back at a tumultuous ten days which saw City lose the FA Cup final, sack the manager and fly to New York to announce the set-up of a new American team, Soriano said the decision to give Mancini the boot had been a tough one – but that the Wembley defeat to Wigan had no bearing.

“It’s always hard,” said the former Barcelona bigwig. “Nobody wants to change a manager but we all want to play good football and we all want to win. I think for the new owners of City to have had only two managers in five years is very good. It shows the willingness to have a very stable managerial team.

“Roberto Mancini did very good for the club. He changed it from a club that was not winning to a winning club and that is very hard. That is all good and we are thankful.

“We are now looking for several things. We are looking to play good football and to win – and I said that in the right order. If you play good football, you will win.

“We believe we have a fantastic squad. It would be very hard for us to change the players for any others in the UK and that includes the champions of the league.

“What we also want is a football concept so that the basic way we play is shared by the whole organisation – from young teams all the way to the first team and all the way to New York.

“We are asking the new manager to have close collaboration with the youth football and to work together to achieve this. Teams that have won consistently in the past have a core of players that are home-grown.”

City’s original statement on the sacking of Mancini spoke of results not being as good as had been hoped this season, domestically and in Europe, and of the need for a “holistic” approach – developing a football creed which suffuses the entire club.

But for the first time, Soriano tackled the issue of Mancini’s relationships with his players and staff.

The Italian’s tendency to publicly criticise his players, and accusations that he was aloof and arrogant around the training ground, did cause concerns for senior management.

“We want a manager who knows about football, but we want somebody who knows about man-management. This is something we are convinced about – myself, the board, the owner – that it is impossible for us to win, win the Champions League in the end, if we don’t have a group that behaves like a family,” said Soriano.

Full story:- http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/roberto-mancini-just-not-good-4009928

Arsenal defender Nacho Monreal has said that Pellegrini is the best coach he has ever played for. Monreal played for Malaga and left for Arsenal in this years january transfer window. The signs are looking good.

He played for a lot of excellent coaches at Osasuna and Osasuna B then, Mr.B? laugh.png

Yeah yeah, I know he's played for Spain, but the McLaren, Sven and Hodgson factor, rules me out of counting great international coaches.

Edited by uptheos

He played for a lot of excellent coaches at Osasuna and Osasuna B then, Mr.B? laugh.png

He didn't say he was an excellent coach. He said that he was the BEST he had ever played for.

Roberto Mancini was just not good enough! says Manchester City CEO Ferran Soriano

ROBERTO Mancini was sacked because his brand of football was simply not good enough for City, and was showing no signs of improving.

So says Blues chief executive Ferran Soriano, who played an influential role in Mancini getting the bullet, and has spoken in depth about the managerial change for the first time.

Soriano also predicted – carefully avoiding naming the incoming Manuel Pellegrini – that the new manager will give City a more attractive, winning style of football, help to develop a stronger youth policy, and soothe the tensions in and around the team.

Looking back at a tumultuous ten days which saw City lose the FA Cup final, sack the manager and fly to New York to announce the set-up of a new American team, Soriano said the decision to give Mancini the boot had been a tough one – but that the Wembley defeat to Wigan had no bearing.

“It’s always hard,” said the former Barcelona bigwig. “Nobody wants to change a manager but we all want to play good football and we all want to win. I think for the new owners of City to have had only two managers in five years is very good. It shows the willingness to have a very stable managerial team.

“Roberto Mancini did very good for the club. He changed it from a club that was not winning to a winning club and that is very hard. That is all good and we are thankful.

“We are now looking for several things. We are looking to play good football and to win – and I said that in the right order. If you play good football, you will win.

“We believe we have a fantastic squad. It would be very hard for us to change the players for any others in the UK and that includes the champions of the league.

“What we also want is a football concept so that the basic way we play is shared by the whole organisation – from young teams all the way to the first team and all the way to New York.

“We are asking the new manager to have close collaboration with the youth football and to work together to achieve this. Teams that have won consistently in the past have a core of players that are home-grown.”

City’s original statement on the sacking of Mancini spoke of results not being as good as had been hoped this season, domestically and in Europe, and of the need for a “holistic” approach – developing a football creed which suffuses the entire club.

But for the first time, Soriano tackled the issue of Mancini’s relationships with his players and staff.

The Italian’s tendency to publicly criticise his players, and accusations that he was aloof and arrogant around the training ground, did cause concerns for senior management.

“We want a manager who knows about football, but we want somebody who knows about man-management. This is something we are convinced about – myself, the board, the owner – that it is impossible for us to win, win the Champions League in the end, if we don’t have a group that behaves like a family,” said Soriano.

Full story:- http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/roberto-mancini-just-not-good-4009928

Sounds great ! Now, go out and buy a striker who can put the ball in the back of the net. That will solve a lot of problems, and could have even saved Mancini's job. Pretty football, or not.coffee1.gif

He didn't say he was an excellent coach. He said that he was the BEST he had ever played for.

But he hasn't played at club level for anyone else except Osasuna, so the statement is silly in the context it is put in.

Not your statement, his.

Edited by uptheos

Sounds great ! Now, go out and buy a striker who can put the ball in the back of the net. That will solve a lot of problems, and could have even saved Mancini's job. Pretty football, or not.coffee1.gif

It was actually a very good and candid interview.

Despite the ridiculous Heading. In no way did he say Mancini wasnt good enough.

What he was focusing on, first of all, was that the way City played had not progressed from the previous season. Absolutely spot on.

He also intimates that player manager relationships could have been better, though stresses that this was often exaggerated, and was not the reason for the sacking.

He does state that he does not believe in criticising personnel in public, something which Mancini was prone to do.

Interestingly, he mentions managers 'cycles'. Stating a normal managers cycle would be 2 or 3 years. He says maybe a manager can do 1 or 2 cycles, and then things need to be changed, people get stale or tired etc. That is obviously his policy for City, and I am more convinced than ever that when Guardiola finishes his contract with Bayern, he is a shoe-in to come to City.

It was actually a very good and candid interview.

Despite the ridiculous Heading. In no way did he say Mancini wasnt good enough.

What he was focusing on, first of all, was that the way City played had not progressed from the previous season. Absolutely spot on.

He also intimates that player manager relationships could have been better, though stresses that this was often exaggerated, and was not the reason for the sacking.

He does state that he does not believe in criticising personnel in public, something which Mancini was prone to do.

Interestingly, he mentions managers 'cycles'. Stating a normal managers cycle would be 2 or 3 years. He says maybe a manager can do 1 or 2 cycles, and then things need to be changed, people get stale or tired etc. That is obviously his policy for City, and I am more convinced than ever that when Guardiola finishes his contract with Bayern, he is a shoe-in to come to City.

A good point about the "cycles". I think there are very few SAF's and Wenger's out there. Look at Guardiola. Despite his huge success at Barca he was ready to move on.

Basically boys you want to copy what we do biggrin.png

But in this guy Ferran Sorriano you have a very talented CEO and his experience with Laporta and honesty when he jumped the Catalan ship is refreshing nowadays to see,his time at Barca was exemplary and he is in the same mould as David Gill so the future with him is definitely going to improve at boardroom level.......it is just if you can transfer the success he will give to the pitch with a better management and coaching set-up.

It has been plain to see that you have tried the Italian way and now are going the Spanish way((edit* i know he is Chilean but he has managed in Spain for ten years now)) even with the touted Pelligrini coming in he will bring more foreign coaches with him and i would think it will take more time to get to the standards that Sorriano is talking about.

Interesting that in the history of Manchester United we have never had a foreign manager!! smile.png food for thought at City maybe?

Edited by MrRed

But in this guy Ferran Sorriano you have a very talented CEO and his experience with Laporta and honesty when he jumped the Catalan ship is refreshing nowadays to see,his time at Barca was exemplary and he is in the same mould as David Gill so the future with him is definitely going to improve at boardroom level.......it is just if you can transfer the success he will give to the pitch with a better management and coaching set-up.

It has been plain to see that you have tried the Italian way and now are going the Spanish way((edit* i know he is Chilean but he has managed in Spain for ten years now)) even with the touted Pelligrini coming in he will bring more foreign coaches with him and i would think it will take more time to get to the standards that Sorriano is talking about.

Interesting that in the history of Manchester United we have never had a foreign manager!! smile.png food for thought at City maybe?

Not really, you just happen to have had a scottish manager that stayed for 26 years otherwise Utd would probably have had numerous european managers.coffee1.gif

Not really, you just happen to have had a scottish manager that stayed for 26 years otherwise Utd would probably have had numerous european managers.coffee1.gif

And bearing in mind it's the English Premier League, I am of the stance that SAF is counted as being as much a foreigner as any other smile.png

And bearing in mind it's the English Premier League, I am of the stance that SAF is counted as being as much a foreigner as any other smile.png

Horrible to have English football totally conquered by a Scot. biggrin.png

Ahhh their inferiority complex rears its ugly head....whistling.gif

Exactly smokes i post about City and there new structure and future on the city thread and what happens....Carmine and Jingles just talk about Ferguson(just because i said United have never had a foriegn manager) ....i have decided that the ones that are obsessed with him support other clubs....he has gone........... get over it lads for christ sake .....WE HAVE! biggrin.png

Ahhh their inferiority complex rears its ugly head....whistling.gif

Decent points you make red, however re the foreign managers, thats a bit misleading.

No team had a foreign manager until Spurs in the early 90s

Citys first was Erikksson in 2007.

The last decade its become more acceptable or fashionable to employ a foreign coach.

carmine makes a reasonable point. Had you not had baconface for 26yrs, chances are you would have had a few foreign coaches yourself. And dont forget, Ferguson wanted Ancellotti to take over, but got turned down. Moyes was your second choicetongue.png

Edited by JacknDanny

From the article posted above with Ferran Soriano, "but we want somebody who knows about man-management."

And from me over 12 months ago. Why did it take them so long to read my post on his lack of man management skills laugh.png

You could be right jack and I know you have more faith in Mancini than I have had. I'm personally not bothered what he does outside of the match with comments etc but what I do want to see more of is better player/man management and tactics. I hate the way he hardly ever recognises, pats on the back or even nods to most of the players he substitutes. The more "superstars" that a club has the more their ego needs to stroked and feel wanted etc.

From the article posted above with Ferran Soriano, "but we want somebody who knows about man-management."

And from me over 12 months ago. Why did it take them so long to read my post on his lack of man management skills laugh.png

You could be right jack and I know you have more faith in Mancini than I have had. I'm personally not bothered what he does outside of the match with comments etc but what I do want to see more of is better player/man management and tactics. I hate the way he hardly ever recognises, pats on the back or even nods to most of the players he substitutes. The more "superstars" that a club has the more their ego needs to stroked and feel wanted etc.

That one has been sat in your bookmarks a loooong time mrboj! clap2.gif

That one has been sat in your bookmarks a loooong time mrboj! clap2.gif

You what. There's a bookmark function. It took me ages to find it laugh.png

• Like 1

We all have been saying that for over a year mate....why didn't you listen to us?

We all have been saying that for over a year mate....why didn't you listen to us?

Proof Red. Don't remember you ever saying that he had no man management. And if you look at the date of my post, that was Jan 2012. I need proof from you prior to that please. biggrin.png