Manchester City

mrbojangles

The contenious amount of injury time will i'm sure be used by City fans as the reason for the loss, and whilst i accept that it was a generous amount if time, it shouldn't be overlooked that either team could have used that time to win the game.

absolutely scandalous refereeing that was. and that's a poor defence of it rix.

Wasn't defending the refereeing Stevie, was defending my team's right to play until they hear the final whistle.

The contenious amount of injury time will i'm sure be used by City fans as the reason for the loss, and whilst i accept that it was a generous amount if time, it shouldn't be overlooked that either team could have used that time to win the game.

Wasn't defending the refereeing Stevie, was defending my team's right to play until they hear the final whistle.

yeah no problem with that, over the years ferguson has ensured that his players always play to the final whistle. he's also made sure that united get more injury time than other teams do, particularly at home, with his incessant tapping of his watch and putting pressure on referees. and he's been allowed to get away with it forever, which is wrong.

:)

I almost feel sorry for all the City fans, we almost let you draw and most of your lads played their hearts out, but in the end the "magic" of Old Trafford won it for us.

Nah ken. The "magic" of Fergie time won it for you again. And the way the smarmy red nose git went and shook the officials hand and they both laughed together is dubious to say the least.

I'm extremely angry this morning, as we was robbed of a much deserved point. Not many teams can go to OT and score 3 goals.

don't know about 'much deserved' since your defending was in general liverpoolesque. but the ref robbed you of a point regardless.

I almost feel sorry for all the City fans, we almost let you draw and most of your lads played their hearts out, but in the end the "magic" of Old Trafford won it for us.

Nah ken. The "magic" of Fergie time won it for you again. And the way the smarmy red nose git went and shook the officials hand and they both laughed together is dubious to say the least.

I'm extremely angry this morning, as we was robbed of a much deserved point. Not many teams can go to OT and score 3 goals.

don't know about 'much deserved' since your defending was in general liverpoolesque. but the ref robbed you of a point regardless.

Don't belabour it too much Stevie, one only has to look back at the 'extra, extra' time results LP pulled out of the hat last year. Anyways, extra time is the same for both teams no? Wonder if this would be a different arguement if Bellamy scored in the 95th min? :D

As for Hughes changing the formation, apparently Valencia was the reason.

Don't belabour it too much Stevie, one only has to look back at the 'extra, extra' time results LP pulled out of the hat last year. Anyways, extra time is the same for both teams no? Wonder if this would be a different arguement if Bellamy scored in the 95th min? :)

i'll belabour it as much as i like thanks james. there's a reason that the media meme is 'fergietime' and not 'wengertime' or 'beniteztime'. it's because only one manager rolls up his sleeve and taps his watch at referees and is allowed to get away with it. and then laugh and joke about it with the fourth official.

Don't belabour it too much Stevie, one only has to look back at the 'extra, extra' time results LP pulled out of the hat last year. Anyways, extra time is the same for both teams no? Wonder if this would be a different arguement if Bellamy scored in the 95th min? :)

i'll belabour it as much as i like thanks james. there's a reason that the media meme is 'fergietime' and not 'wengertime' or 'beniteztime'. it's because only one manager rolls up his sleeve and taps his watch at referees and is allowed to get away with it. and then laugh and joke about it with the fourth official.

Don't blame fergie for having an aura Stevie. I know the thought of him standing there pointing at his watch is the thing that nightmares are made of but funny how it's you that seems more concerned about it that Mr. BJ. Could it be that it was OWEN that scored the winner? jk :D

funny how it's you that seems more concerned about it that Mr. BJ.

Believe me james, i'm fekkin seething about it. And I think something should be done about that red nose git. And no it isn't the same for both teams when Fergie time is added at OT. One team is playing at home, which is well known to be an advantage.

Believe me james, i'm fekkin seething about it. And I think something should be done about that red nose git. And no it isn't the same for both teams when Fergie time is added at OT. One team is playing at home, which is well known to be an advantage.

you should be seething, but nothing will be done until the old cun_t retires. he's had the league and the FA in his pocket for years and is allowed to get away with things that other managers simply aren't.

and james, it's not an 'aura'. it's a weak FA and league who can't stand up to bullies.

I understand u being upset bj, what I find amusing / bewildering is the fact that the same people defending referee f ups on TV as part of the game, are now saying you got robbed by one.

you should be seething, but nothing will be done until the old cun_t retires. he's had the league and the FA in his pocket for years and is allowed to get away with things that other managers simply aren't.

and james, it's not an 'aura'. it's a weak FA and league who can't stand up to bullies.

yeah no problem with that, over the years ferguson has ensured that his players always play to the final whistle. he's also made sure that united get more injury time than other teams do, particularly at home, with his incessant tapping of his watch and putting pressure on referees. and he's been allowed to get away with it forever, which is wrong.

yep, fergie has a blipper in his pocket and contacts the ref whist on the field and lets him know how much extra time to play :D

bending rules, he's a bully , get a grip will ya <deleted>,

If the refs don't have a pair of balls to stand up to the bully, red nose or whatever other childish names you wish to call him, it's their problem not Sir Alex's, is it not.

I was sat with my City mate, which made it all the more sweeter.

tick tock :)

a mistake is a mistake james. refs are allowed those, they're honest. bending the rules to suit one manager in particular in response to his bullying tactics is not.

how do you know he didn't err in judging the time for bellamy's goal and carrick's substitution?

not my words but...

That late winner: Why Hughes was wrong to question officials' timekeeping

*Fourth official Alan Wiley indicates a minimum four minutes added time.

*Under Premier League rules, the referee can play four minutes plus 59 seconds.

*City score an equaliser – the referee, Martin Atkinson, can add 60 seconds for celebration and restart (Hughes admits it took 45 seconds for play to resume).

*United's Anderson is replaced by Michael Carrick – the referee can add 30 seconds for a substitution.

*In these circumstances, Atkinson is entitled to add two minutes, 29 seconds to the original four minutes.

*Substitute Michael Owen scores for United to win the game on 95 minutes, 25 seconds – well within the allotted time

not my words but...

That late winner: Why Hughes was wrong to question officials' timekeeping

*Fourth official Alan Wiley indicates a minimum four minutes added time.

*Under Premier League rules, the referee can play four minutes plus 59 seconds.

*City score an equaliser – the referee, Martin Atkinson, can add 60 seconds for celebration and restart (Hughes admits it took 45 seconds for play to resume).

*United's Anderson is replaced by Michael Carrick – the referee can add 30 seconds for a substitution.

*In these circumstances, Atkinson is entitled to add two minutes, 29 seconds to the original four minutes.

*Substitute Michael Owen scores for United to win the game on 95 minutes, 25 seconds – well within the allotted time

:):D

You want to outlaw watch-tapping?!

I think your beef should be with the FA.

Managers do whatever they can to get an edge, and unless it involves giving away sweeteners, can't see how you're going to stop it. Up to the FA, referees association, and all those guys to get their house in order.

Mind games are part and parcel of the game. Take the way City bemoaned all week having lost their entire strike-force, and then lo and behold they play Tevez and Bellamy. How many Premiership sides would kill for a strike patnership like that? Would Adebayor and Robinho have done any better? I have my doubts. Perhaps we'll get to find out when we next meet. Look forward to that....

A load of tosh james. The ref carried on until United scored. We could have still been watching now if Owen hadn't bagged one nearly 3 minutes past the 4 minutes that was on the board.

As for Tevez. We had got a depleted strike force. All week we were saying we only had Bellamy, at the last minute and i think out of desperation, Tevez played and IMO he was brought back from injury too early. We never had a single striker on the subs bench, i think that tells it all. Funny how Ferdinand had a miracle cure though, innit :)

Edited by mrbojangles

what's all the fuss 4 minutes,1 minute for the goal 30 seconds for the substitution,makes 5 minute's.30 sec's

owen scored 5 mins 28 seconds. :)

Great, at last a red who agrees it was past the allotted time even if you added another 1.5 minutes onto the 4 alreadt shown. As the actual goal was scored more than 6 mins into extra time. Nice one nev :D

From the BBC:- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/e...rem/8256750.stm

City boss Mark Hughes has demanded an explanation from the referee after United striker Michael Owen settled the Manchester derby in the 96th minute.

Man Utd 4 - 3 Man City

Rooney 2

Fletcher 49

Fletcher 80

Owen 90+6

Barry 16

Bellamy 52

Bellamy 90

And from skysports:- http://www.skysports.com/football/match_re...3162389,00.html

However as cries for the final whistle rang around the away section Giggs remained calm as he plucked the ball from the sky and picked out Owen who dinked over Given in the 96th minute, leaving City manager Mark Hughes seething at the amount of added time.

So if that's right about exceeding the that alloted amount of extra time, I can't really see that benefits one team or the other. Both have equal chance of scoring within that added time. Or am I missing some subtle nuance of the game here ?

Fancy that, we do agree on something. :)

So if that's right about exceeding the that alloted amount of extra time, I can't really see that benefits one team or the other. Both have equal chance of scoring within that added time. Or am I missing some subtle nuance of the game here ?

Never heard of home advantage HH? As it seems it doesn't matter either way to you, maybe you should suggest to West Ham that they play all their games away from home :)

Never heard of home advantage HH? As it seems it doesn't matter either way to you, maybe you should suggest to West Ham that they play all their games away from home :)

Home advantage condensed into those few minutes ? I've seen my fair share of 'total football', but that's ridiculous :D

As for the West Ham playing their games away. Not an impossibility in the Carling Cup, in some form or another.

Who knows what the FA have in store after that blot on the landscape ?

Home advantage condensed into those few minutes ? I've seen my fair share of 'total football', but that's ridiculous :D

No mate, home advantage for all of the 97 minutes.

I was going to say i hope it happens to you but i wouldn't mean it. I want everyone to beat United