Manchester City

mrbojangles

• 3 weeks later...

don't know what to make of this quite honestly...giving up already - bored of football?

Manchester City consider buying IPL cricket team - report

16 Feb 2010 09:16:00

Manchester City are considering buying an Indian Premier League (IPL) cricket team, according to a report from The Sun.

The club's owners are believed to feel that their Abu Dhabi base could be a successful place from which to launch their venture into cricket.

The IPL is set to grow from eight franchises to ten in 2011, and league commissioner Lalit Modi confirmed that there has been interest from an English Premier League football club in purchasing one of the new teams.

"I can confirm an English Premier League club has approached us about buying a team," he said.

That team is definitely not Chelsea, according to the report, leaving City as the only club with the financial clout to invest in a franchise

Mancini has brought the magic back too the F A Cup by making 20,000 city fans dissapear against stoke.

On that note i noticed that Tottenham's away game in the cup against Bolton was played infront a 5000 less fans than our league game up there earlier in the season

sorry Mr Bj, this is too funny...

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini has bust-up with Craig Bellamy over training - report

19 Feb 2010 06:32:00

Manchester City striker Craig Bellamy locked horns with manager Roberto Mancini as the Italian told the striker to leave and not come back for the next three months, according to The Sun.

It is claimed that the Welshman refused to train with one of the manager's Italian staff, which hit a raw nerve in the former Inter coach. He is believed to have summoned the striker into his office, where a heated exchange took place between the pair.

A club insider is quoted as saying: "The manager was yelling 'Why are you always questioning me? Why won't you do as you are told? Why are you always questioning everything at training and in games?'.

"Bellamy argued back that he only wanted what was best for the club.

"But Mancini snapped 'I want you to leave now. And do not come back for three months'."

Bellamy has been known to share a hot-and-cool relationship with the Eastlands gaffer, as he was allegedly part of a six-member group of players who opposed Mancini's appointment during the saga involving Mark Hughes' sacking.

The former West Ham United and Liverpool hitman has reportedly contacted City chief executive Garry Cook, and the football administrator of the club, Brian Marwood, following the spat.

The top bosses are said to have advised the striker to return to training and bury the hatchet with his manager.

As the frosty relationship with the Welshman deepens, The Mirror claims that 'Mancio' is on the verge of losing his dressing-room due to his constant alterations to the training regime.

"Players are creatures of habit who like to know in advance when they're doing things and at what time, but that's not happening," a club source is quoted as saying.

"At most clubs there's a set training time but Mancini keeps chopping and changing, which means the players can't plan things in advance."

In the meantime, City have a crucial battle for fourth place on Sunday, when they host Liverpool at Eastlands.

From skysports:-

Mancini denies Bellamy row

No problem with striker says Italian tactician

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has denied speculation that he has had a row with Craig Bellamy.

It was reported that the Italian boss had a furious argument with the Welsh striker at City's Carrington training ground on Wednesday.

Rumours have circulated that Mancini told Bellamy to leave the club and not return for three months after a confrontation regarding the 30-year-old's injured knee.

Mancini admits that he had a difference of opinion in the way the injury should be treated, but played down reports of a serious rift.

"I have no problem with him," he said.

"I haven't shouted with him, never. These things (an argument) can happen in a job. I don't have problems with Craig.

"I spoke with him in the office and read that I shouted at him. But I didn't.

We just spoke face-to-face.

"He is having treatment at the training ground and if the knee is okay, he will be available for Sunday."

City take on fellow UEFA Champions League hopefuls Liverpool on Sunday as the race for fourth spot hots up.

Bellamy may feature in the game at Eastlands, and Mancini insists that he has no problem with the £14million forward.

Asked if he sent Bellamy home on Wednesday, the former Inter boss added: "No. Craig on Wednesday worked with the physio, yesterday when the other players were off he worked with the physio and this morning worked with the physio and after with us."

Cr4p game. We sure are missing Tevez.

Yea I was reading on one of the UK sites about how Mancini is saying the same thing and has no idea where he is.

He's supposed to be in Argentina, as his wife gave birth prematurely :)

Maybe he popped over to Santos to check out his buddy.

And every one calling us a one man team :)

:D

But at least we didn't lose without our one man. You lot had your one man on the field. Although in fairness, Rooney might as well have been in Argentina when you played against Everton :D

But at least we didn't lose without our one man. You lot had your one man on the field. Although in fairness, Rooney might as well have been in Argentina when you played against Everton :D

Ooof :D

ANyway, United will be buying Rodwell for gazillions soon, so Everton will continue doing well from Manchester teams.

By the way, what do Man City make of Lescott - value for money or not? Personally I would't want Everton to buy him back for 10 million quid to be honest

Edited by sharecropper

Agreed, Rooney had the touch of an Elephant - must have been all the Chang ads he saw - threw him off.

Worrying report for you lot about Tevez on BBC this morning, if true. And even when he does come back he won't be match fit for a couple of games.

Manchester City will allow striker Carlos Tevez as much time off as he needs after his baby daughter was born prematurely, BBC Sport understands.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...ity/8527916.stm

I'm hoping that this one is nearer the mark.

Skysports: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_5970887,00.html

Tevez set for Chelsea return

Striker remains in Buenos Aires but should make Bridge trip

Carlos Tevez's advisor Kia Joorabchian has confirmed his client remains in his homeland but should return in time to face Chelsea at the weekend.

The Manchester City striker missed Sunday's 0-0 draw with Liverpool after making his way to Buenos Aires, where his partner gave birth prematurely to their daughter.

I wonder why Mancini exasperatedly and publicly moaned about it at the weekend. I don't think Tevez will be happy with that; it's a difficult time and he may not think he had the support from the manager.

And Joorbachian further undermines Mancini:

City boss Roberto Mancini suggested he was not entirely aware of his striker's whereabouts after being denied his services against Liverpool, but Joorabchian insists there is little truth in the misunderstanding.

You should beat Stoke but you will need him for Chelsea.

I wonder why Mancini exasperatedly and publicly moaned about it at the weekend. I don't think Tevez will be happy with that; it's a difficult time and he may not think he had the support from the manager.

I agree but sometimes you just gotta wonder how much is total paper twaddle

You should beat Stoke but you will need him for Chelsea.

Hope your right but Stoke are a tough outfit.

99% if you ask me BJ..

99% if you ask me BJ..

I think football writers have very good sources of information - clubs leak against players and agents, agents want to scare clubs, players, well they're usually too dopey. But I reckon football gossip involves a higher grade of intel than other press stories.

Something 'aint right at City. And now you are without Adebayor for Chelsea.

Ironic that Tevez saved United's season last year and has torpedoed yours by his recent, entirely understandable absence. But even without him you have a very strong squad, yet you are not getting the resuts.

Do you not think it is about managing the players? Sparky I always thought was a poor manager (even before he went to City) but, Robinho aside, he seemed to be in control of the dressing room and to command their respect.

Interesting article in The Telegraph today:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...ing-regime.html

Something 'aint right at City.

I'm not happy about last nights result but let's not take it out of proportion. Every cup round, clubs get knocked out. Man United, Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal etc are already out too but no one is saying that something ain't right at those clubs.

The cups are done and dusted, now we have to finish in the top 6. Hopefully the top 4 but top 6 was the target at the start of the season.

Something 'aint right at City.

I'm not happy about last nights result but let's not take it out of proportion. Every cup round, clubs get knocked out. Man United, Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal etc are already out too but no one is saying that something ain't right at those clubs.

The cups are done and dusted, now we have to finish in the top 6. Hopefully the top 4 but top 6 was the target at the start of the season.

Agreed, BJ.

But I get a feeling that things are awry at City.

And I put the blame totally on that prick Cooke.

The more it goes on, the more I think Mancini will get fired, which in retrospect means that Cooke should go too!!!

I fear for Saturdays game against Chelsea. If I were a betting man :) you should never bet on your own team, too much emotion involved.

But I think that Chelsea will do a real job on City at the weekend, and it would not surprise me that a 3 or 4 goal drubbing is on the cards.

Chelsea at -1.25 at 5/4 is giving money away..... it really is.

I am sorry that I am so negative, but the last few games (admittedly I did not see last nights game) City have been playing with fear and very little creativity.

How you can play De Jong and Le Dong in the same team, particularly at home, baffles me.

In my opinion, Mancini has already lost the dressing room, and I believe that is because the players know he does not really have the real power and authority.

Sad........ Very Sad