Manchester City

mrbojangles

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know, there is something fishy about the way Mancini has been leaving Ireland out. More to this than meets the eye me thinks.

From skysports:-

Ireland offered assurances

Mancini claims midfielder still has a future at Eastlands

Manchester City boss Roberto Mancini insists Stephen Ireland remains an important part of his plans.

The Irishman has slipped down the pecking order at Eastlands this season, fuelling speculation that he could be poised for a summer exit.

Rumours have circulated that the 23-year-old is looking to move on after growing disillusioned with life under Mancini and has asked his representatives to start sounding out interested parties.

However, City's Italian coach claims such reports are wide of the mark and that Ireland still has a role to play for the Blues under his tutelage.

"Stevie still has a future at City - he is a good player with good spirit and good technique, and in our last few games he could be an important player for us," Mancini said in the Manchester Evening News.

"He was injured when we played Chelsea and at Fulham we played with two midfielders and four strikers, which makes it difficult, and I have to choose.

"When Stevie has played for me he has always done very well but I can only pick 11 players and the others have to go on the bench.

"It is difficult for the players but it is even harder for the manager to choose and send players to the bench."

What a prat Moyes is. Why do some Managers find a need to say things like this. Jealousy perhaps

From Skysports:-

Moyes questions City loyalty

Toffees boss believes Eastlands money does not buy heart

Everton manager David Moyes has questioned whether Manchester City's expensively-assembled stars know what it means to play for their club.

The two sides meet at Eastlands on Wednesday night with City chasing a place in the UEFA Champions League and Everton in pursuit of the Europa League.

There was already bad blood between the two clubs following City's eventually-successful, summer-long pursuit of Joleon Lescott and Moyes recently admitted 'damage was done' to the Toffees by the transfer.

But the Everton boss has risked increasing the rivalry ahead of kick-off by implying that City's stars do not have their hearts attached to their club.

The Scot, who took charge at Goodison Park in 2002, said: "The collective is what's needed for any club and you only get that through a little bit of time and a chance to work with the players.

"City have bought players who have got undoubted talent and can win games, individuals who can make a difference and given time they might have a team like Everton.

"But I've been given eight years to mould a team that knows what it means to play for Everton, and what it means to supporters.

"I don't know if all the City players know what it means to theirs or what it means to play for them.

"The people who are here understand what's required because we can't suddenly go out and change things."

^ Whilst royally laughing up his sleeve about conning City out of so much dosh for Lescott, who has turned into a bit of a carthorse there, I think he entitled to his opinion, and Lescott is by no means the only example. Look at the shameful embarrassment that is Robinho, an outrageously expensive player who has failed to perform after he banked his share of the transfer fee. And who is now rubbishing City in the world of Brazilian football, advising young talented Brazilian players not to go there.

Just having cash to chuck at players isn't enough.

^ QED.

On and off field, a poor performance by City, and one which should worry you looking at your run-in. I don't think you can or will finish fourth, more like fighting it out for 5th and 6th with Liverpool.

If you can get points against Man U or Arsenal, that will change things for you for sure.

^ QED.

On and off field, a poor performance by City, and one which should worry you looking at your run-in. I don't think you can or will finish fourth, more like fighting it out for 5th and 6th with Liverpool.

If you can get points against Man U or Arsenal, that will change things for you for sure.

Look on the bright side, at least they have gotten rid of their habit of drawing matches at home this year. :)

^ QED.

What a load of tosh. Did you watch the game SC ? If so, to call it a poor performance, you must have been pished.

Your first goal was against play and the second one was because we were trying to push for an equaliser. These things happen, when you batter a team but you just haven't got your scoring boots on. Just be happy about the 3 points will ya but I ain't down about the performance.

Mr Bojanges, are you a Koppite in disguise? I mean always unable to find a negative in your own team's performance - you played badly, and lost at home when you should, on paper and looking at the table, have beaten us.

The loss makes your run-in even tougher.

Any comments on Streetfighter Mancini's performance?

Mr Bojanges, are you a Koppite in disguise? I mean always unable to find a negative in your own team's performance - you played badly, and lost at home when you should, on paper and looking at the table, have beaten us.

It's called being optimistic. Glass half full etc. Being a City fan for so long, I'd have committed Hary Kari a long time ago if I wasn't. Have you read the papers? Words like Bombardment are being used to sum up our attacks on you. I really don't think we played badly, we just couldn't score last night. If we had have played badly then I'd be more worried about the run in.

The loss makes your run-in even tougher.

No sh1t Sherlock. But still only 2 points behind 4th. Not exactly a mammoth task and doable :)

Any comments on Streetfighter Mancini's performance?

Yeah. He should have kicked the cr4p out of him :D

I think the 17th april derby game

The word "Tasty", springs to mind for that one NAD :)

Be careful of the knee slides. You know what happened last time B.J.

I'm off to play my old Stones L.P. ...................

"Time, Is on My Side"

Yeah thats the one,but we shall take one game at a time now and hopefully smash you all over Eastlands on the 17th. :D

The opposite and the ramifacations does not bare thinking about so i am not going there :)

Yeah. We'll build up to that one in a couple of weeks. :D

Let me start by saying I honestly believe that we will get 4th.

All we have to do is to get the same number of points as Villa and Spurs (Liverpool are out of it) and beat Spurs at Eastlands. Villa are already starting their usual end of season capitulation (squad too small) so its between City and Spurs, and we will prevail.

Having said that, I have to disagree with my learned friend BJ , I thought we were sh!te against Everton.

For me Barry is becoming a big disappointment, passes astray, not enough defensively (except giving away penalties). I think its obvious to everyone that Viera is not upto it..... he is shot. And I do not believe you can have Viera and De Jong in the same team.

Santa Cruz is hopeless, but Adebayor is back this week.

I think Bellamy and Johnson just had an off day. My worry is SWP. He has been completely mis-man managed and is not half the player he was earlier in the season (thanks a lot Gary Cooke!!!!).

Roll on Wigan, a team who we normally struggle against!!

All we have to do is to get the same number of points as Villa and Spurs (Liverpool are out of it) and beat Spurs at Eastlands. Villa are already starting their usual end of season capitulation (squad too small) so its between City and Spurs, and we will prevail.

Having said that, I have to disagree with my learned friend BJ , I thought we were sh!te against Everton.

For me Barry is becoming a big disappointment, passes astray, not enough defensively (except giving away penalties). I think its obvious to everyone that Viera is not upto it..... he is shot. And I do not believe you can have Viera and De Jong in the same team.

I think Bellamy and Johnson just had an off day. My worry is SWP. He has been completely mis-man managed and is not half the player he was earlier in the season (thanks a lot Gary Cooke!!!!).

You have a rich sense of humour. There is no logic to suggest you will finish fourth, Your run in is a nightmare. The team already is bottling it. At the worst i think Tottenham will travel to Eastlands only needing a point and probably end up beating you fairly easily similar to earlier in the season. :D

People can say what they want about Mark Hughes but atleast he did'nt mince up and down the touchline wearing a scarf like that :)

Yes the run in is hard but the next three games will set the scene. Wigan, Burnley and Birmingham. If we win these and go into the Arsenal and United matches on the back of a good run, I'll be happy.

Agreed, and we are in the same situation with Pompey and Sunderland next...followed by Wengers delicate prima donas, Chelsea and Man Yoo.

Yes the run in is hard but the next three games will set the scene. Wigan, Burnley and Birmingham. If we win these and go into the Arsenal and United matches on the back of a good run, I'll be happy.

Agreed, and we are in the same situation with Pompey and Sunderland next...followed by Wengers delicate prima donas, Chelsea and Man Yoo.

I thought we had a difficult run in but yours looks horrid. I would wager 9-12 points max from this lot.

Tottenham vs Portsmouth - 3

Sunderland vs Tottenham - 1

Tottenham vs Arsenal - 1

Tottenham vs Chelsea - 0

Man Utd vs Tottenham - 0

Tottenham vs Bolton - 3

Man City vs Tottenham - 0 :)

Burnley vs Tottenham - 1 ( difficult one this, will Burnley be fighting to stay up and will you need it for 4th. Or will it not matter to either of you by then)

I thought we had a difficult run in but yours looks horrid. I would wager 9-12 points max from this lot.

Tottenham vs Arsenal - 1

Tottenham vs Chelsea - 0

Man Utd vs Tottenham - 0

Tottenham vs Bolton - 3

Burnley vs Tottenham - 1 ( difficult one this, will Burnley be fighting to stay up and will you need it for 4th. Or will it not matter to either of you by then)

I believe we have beaten Chelsea the last two years at the Lane. I'm not saying we will this time round but i do think they are currently vulnerable.

I also think you are being very generous to City baring in mind the last time we played :D

Tottenham vs Arsenal - 1

Tottenham vs Chelsea - 0

Man Utd vs Tottenham - 0

Tottenham vs Bolton - 3

I believe we have beaten Chelsea the last two years at the Lane. I'm not saying we will this time round but i do think they are currently vulnerable.

I also think you are being very generous to City baring in mind the last time we played :D

I hope you guys do Chelsea and that Farang Club of London.

Edited by bkkjames

Possibly. But I just think they have the better mentality for the big games. They are on adip in form due to being knocked out of the Champs League but we'll see.

I also think you are being very generous to City baring in mind the last time we played :)

I am forever the optimist you know. I certainly ain't gonna go against us :D

You have a rich sense of humour. There is no logic to suggest you will finish fourth, Your run in is a nightmare. The team already is bottling it. At the worst i think Tottenham will travel to Eastlands only needing a point and probably end up beating you fairly easily similar to earlier in the season. :D

People can say what they want about Mark Hughes but atleast he did'nt mince up and down the touchline wearing a scarf like that :)

What are you going on about??? :D

We have only 3 away games. You have 4.

We play Man Utd at home, you play Chelsea at home.

We play Arsenal away, you play Man Utd away. Any neutral would say same same.

Our last game is West Ham, yours is Burnley....... same same.

2 of our home games are against Villa and Birmingham, both teams have shot their bolt for the year!!

By the time you come to Eastlands, you will need to win!!! Aint gonna happen, my friend. Remember you have the added distraction of the FA cup.

City in Europe next year!! Maybe Harry can work his miracles for you next year, unless hes locked up :D

Remember you have the added distraction of the FA cup.

Clutching at straws with this comment. A welcome distraction at Wembley from the pressures of the run in. Against the Premiership's worst team. We're looking forward to this one.

Meanwhile Ancelotti feels the weight of expectation at Eastlands. :)

Clutching at straws with this comment. A welcome distraction at Wembley from the pressures of the run in. Against the Premiership's worst team. We're looking forward to this one.

Meanwhile Ancelotti feels the weight of expectation at Eastlands. :D

I would love to say 'good point', except that Ancelloti is Chelsea manager!

You are not BKKJames in disguise are you?? :)

Meanwhile Ancelotti feels the weight of expectation at Eastlands. :D

I would love to say 'good point', except that Ancelloti is Chelsea manager!

You are not BKKJames in disguise are you?? :D

So early in the weekend..... :)

LOL !!!