Manchester City

mrbojangles

That "Poznan" thing is the crappest football fan trend since inflatable bananas.

Says he who sings about frigging bubbles <deleted>. Oh let's all bow to the superiority of the bubbles song !!

Bubbles has some tradition (1920s I think it started) and is unique to us. The "Poznan" was picked up from a team in Poland. I remember Osijek fans doing it when we played them in 1999, but thankfully we didn't copy them. Hopefully this embarrassment will die out before long.

Get over yourself. You can call me a d1ckhead or knobhead if you want but it has absolutely nothing to do with marketing, the club had nothing to do with this celebration, it was the fans who took it on. Are you serious. You really think that they all do it to try and get on telly. :lol::lol: I always had you down as being a lot more sensible than that.

Oh, so it's really down to it being popular what gripes you.

it was listed in that cringeworthy guide on city's official site, the bluffer's guide to being a city fan bojangles. so don't tell me the club didn't try to exploit it for marketing purposes. you know, that same guide that said 'city's nickname is the sky blues or city'.

it's nothing to do with it being popular as i just think it's <deleted>. it's <deleted> that city fans can't come up with something of their own and that it was so shamelessly nicked from another team. that's the epitome of new fandom, and plenty of them doing it are not new fans. i'd genuinely feel embarrassed doing it.

From skysports:-

Mancini - Luck will be crucial

City boss determined to qualify for next stage of the Champions League

Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini says luck will be key in determining who progresses from the 'group of death'.

City are in Group A of the Champions League along with Bayern Munich, who are currently top of the Bundesliga, Villarreal, who were fourth in Spain last year and Napoli, who finished third in Italy.

Mancini believes that this campaign could see the Citizens reach the final in Munich next year, or crash out in the group stage.

They make their debut in the competition at home to fellow first timers Napoli on Wednesday and the Italian said: "It is so strong that there is a chance we could finish top and a chance we could finish in fourth position.

"The aim for us will be to qualify for the second stage. The Champions League is a difficult competition. You can have a top team, but you also need luck.

Strong

"Napoli are a good team. They play good football, they have a good group of players and they have fantastic supporters. This game will be very hard for us.

"I like (Edinson) Cavani. He is a fantastic striker who works for the team.

"But they also have (Ezequiel) Lavezzi, (Goran) Pandev and (Marek) Hamsik - and those players are very dangerous."

Come on then stevie. What is it that Liverpool do that is so unique and that they have come up with on their own?

wind your neck in bojangles mate, i'm not having a pop at you personally. just think the poznan is a load of rubbish and should be treated as such. if it makes you feel any better every liverpool fan i know is cheesed off as hell about having a third kit with blue in it this season. all clubs and fans do some stuff which is naff. if city had invented the poznan themselves i wouldn't be nearly so arsed. probably. ;)

they came up with the shell suit accompamied with a frizzed up hairstyle. they take full credit and it was definately unique.

the shellsuit was invented in manchester and first sold in branches of 'stolen from ivor'. fact.

The frizzy hair thing was crtainly scouse tho..."Look lads I can afford a hairdryer!"

Group of death, my arse. Your'e just getting your excuses in early. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I thought Arsenal's group was relatively benign with the German Champions, the Greek champions and the French runners up. Get used to it mate - it's a tough competition and only gets deathly when you meet Man U, Barca or RM.

But i wish you well. All hostilities suspended from my viewpoint until actual conflict. I'd like to see 4 English teams in the semis.

[Last time I correctly predicted only one and that it would be Man U. This time there will be two - Man U and either Man City or Chelsea (in reality it depends on who avoids Barca!)]

they came up with the shell suit accompamied with a frizzed up hairstyle. they take full credit and it was definately unique.

the shellsuit was invented in manchester and first sold in branches of 'stolen from ivor'. fact.

Have you got a source for that stevie?

I have just been searching and can only come up with this:- http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A46904970

History

"It was originally developed for use by sportsmen, and Kris Akabusi in particular is credited with 'vanguarding' its appearances. But its supreme comfort, cheapness and ease of wearing soon made it popular as general street wear. As the fitness craze of the 1980s continued, people began wearing them en route to and from the gym, as a lifestyle statement. And as manufacturers made cheaper and cheaper versions, its adoption by young people increased."

Maybe you are giving Stolen From Ivor credit for something which they are not due.

Have you got a source for that stevie?

I have just been searching and can only come up with this:- http://www.bbc.co.uk.../h2g2/A46904970

History

"It was originally developed for use by sportsmen, and Kris Akabusi in particular is credited with 'vanguarding' its appearances. But its supreme comfort, cheapness and ease of wearing soon made it popular as general street wear. As the fitness craze of the 1980s continued, people began wearing them en route to and from the gym, as a lifestyle statement. And as manufacturers made cheaper and cheaper versions, its adoption by young people increased."

Maybe you are giving Stolen From Ivor credit for something which they are not due.

"Credit"?? He's trying to drive them out of business surely! cheesy.gif

Decent result that for a first outing. I wouldn't worry...you will quickly improve. wink.gif

Yeah. I thought overall we were the better side but wasted several opportunities. When they scored I thought that was it but the new City are showing more composure than the City of old.

At 2-0 it looked like we thought we had won it already and took the foot off the gas. Fulham came back at us and when they got their first goal it gave them a huge lift. This again is why my jury is still out on Mancini's tactics. He saw we were under pressure and didn't make changes with fresh legs etc early enough IMO. I was screaming at the telly for him to do it whilst we were still 2-1 up.

At 2-0 it looked like we thought we had won it already and took the foot off the gas. Fulham came back at us and when they got their first goal it gave them a huge lift. This again is why my jury is still out on Mancini's tactics. He saw we were under pressure and didn't make changes with fresh legs etc early enough IMO. I was screaming at the telly for him to do it whilst we were still 2-1 up.

He's a better coach than i originally gave him credit for but ferguson still remains the difference between City and Utd. I reckon he's a decent coach but its going to take more than that to wrestle the league away from Red Nose. Still early days mind...

Mancini complaining that he hasn't enough depth in his squad. :blink: Sympathy anyone? :whistling:

He's avin a larf! laugh.gif

Unfortunately we could on;y get it on Abu Dhabi Sports 4 and it was in Arabic and it didn't show the post match interview. But I have seen it since and to be fair he wasn't saying he hadn't got enough depth in his squad. Depth was never mentioned. He just said he had no choice for a change in midfield because De Jong and Milner are both injured.