Manchester City

mrbojangles

Dammit...... just spent the last 30 minutes looking at a menu .....arrrggg.

Oww! Its a great place...Ouch! Look quit poking me OK?.......Owwwwwww!

Sorry, but it created a deep seated longing within me, an urge to experience something missing in my life for many years.

Albeit not quite as long as the amount of time I've waited to watch an entire game of football without some diving, shirt pulling, or some over-paid poncey prima-dona moaning at the Ref.

Carlos Tevez's football future will be resolved on Monday once and for all with a summit between Manchester City officials and the striker's representatives.

Carlos Tevez is facing the prospect of firm disciplinary action

ESPNsoccernet understands that all the options are open to both sides and a decision that could end the impasse between club and player will be acquired.

City had ordered their AWOL superstar, who was charged with misconduct and fined two-weeks' wages following his refusal to warm up during a Champions League game against Bayern Munich in September, to return to the club on Friday, but extended the deadline until Monday.

Tevez is due to return from his unauthorised family trip to Argentina to face further disciplinary proceedings, but no one is admitting that he will show up, remain absent until the situation is resolved or whether he has opted to never return.

The most logical outcome is for Tevez to show up and sort out his problems face to face with City manager Roberto Mancini. But whether he is present or absent, his advisors and City plan to talk and thrash out a solution. Both sides are in agreement on one major point - the stand-off situation cannot go on any longer with a player valued at £40 million.

City either must sack him or let him go, possibly on loan until a sale can go through in the January transfer window. It might all end up with Tevez back in the City team eventually.

But Tevez won't put up with being ostracised from the team by manager Roberto Mancini, who has told him he won't pick him until he apologises, and the player refuses to do so.

The whole issue has come to a head with the Tevez camp threatening to have his contract cancelled by asking FIFA to apply Article 15 of their regulations, which allows a player who has been banished from the first team to terminate his contract under 'sporting just cause' if he appears in fewer than 10% of his club's games in a season.

Being left out of the national team is an indication to Tevez that his career is on the slide, and despite much speculation in the media, he will find it tough to find a club with his reputation deteriorating along with his fitness levels.

Carlos Tevez's football future will be resolved on Monday once and for all with a summit between Manchester City officials and the striker's representatives.

Carlos Tevez is facing the prospect of firm disciplinary action

ESPNsoccernet understands that all the options are open to both sides and a decision that could end the impasse between club and player will be acquired.

City had ordered their AWOL superstar, who was charged with misconduct and fined two-weeks' wages following his refusal to warm up during a Champions League game against Bayern Munich in September, to return to the club on Friday, but extended the deadline until Monday.

Tevez is due to return from his unauthorised family trip to Argentina to face further disciplinary proceedings, but no one is admitting that he will show up, remain absent until the situation is resolved or whether he has opted to never return.

The most logical outcome is for Tevez to show up and sort out his problems face to face with City manager Roberto Mancini. But whether he is present or absent, his advisors and City plan to talk and thrash out a solution. Both sides are in agreement on one major point - the stand-off situation cannot go on any longer with a player valued at £40 million.

City either must sack him or let him go, possibly on loan until a sale can go through in the January transfer window. It might all end up with Tevez back in the City team eventually.

But Tevez won't put up with being ostracised from the team by manager Roberto Mancini, who has told him he won't pick him until he apologises, and the player refuses to do so.

The whole issue has come to a head with the Tevez camp threatening to have his contract cancelled by asking FIFA to apply Article 15 of their regulations, which allows a player who has been banished from the first team to terminate his contract under 'sporting just cause' if he appears in fewer than 10% of his club's games in a season.

Being left out of the national team is an indication to Tevez that his career is on the slide, and despite much speculation in the media, he will find it tough to find a club with his reputation deteriorating along with his fitness levels.

Its pretty well all over for Tevez.

He isnt really the brightest spark is he?

This is a ridiculous state of affairs. Napoli fans are a disgrace, I don't know what they have to do to get kicked out.

From the Telegraph:-

Manchester City warn fans not to wear club colours over fears of knife attacks in Naples

Manchester City have warned supporters travelling to next week’s Champions League game in Naples to avoid wearing their club colours.

Manchester City are fearful of a repeat of the violence which has marred Napoli’s games in Europe in recent years. It has forced them to take the unprecedented step of advising fans not to be seen around the Italian city in scarves and club shirts.

About 800 fans have purchased tickets for the game in Italy, but Naples has become one of the most notoriously volatile venues in Europe for visiting supporters.

Four Bayern Munich fans were slashed outside the Stadio San Paolo last month, amid several vicious assaults on German supporters by knife-wielding thugs on mopeds.

Last season, three Liverpool fans required treatment for knife wounds before a Europa Cup tie. City have liaised with the Anfield club and been fully briefed of the dangers.

A club statement released on Thursday informed supporters there had been discussions with Greater Manchester Police, the British consulate in Naples and the Italian police in an effort to maximise security around the game.

City fans have been informed of several ‘no go areas’ which are especially dangerous, including the city centre and the area around Naples railway station. There is also strong advice to use only designated shuttle buses to and from the ground.

Most telling is the call for fans to remain in groups and avoid wearing replica shirts outside the stadium, or anything that will identify them as visiting supporters.

“We would advise against wearing club colours away from the game, particularly when taking public transport,” read the statement.

Each of the travelling supporters has been sent a letter by City’s operations manager Steve Sayer reiterating this advice.

It is the first time City have ever felt compelled to offer such a warning to their travelling supporters, but the Napoli fans have proven to be unwelcoming hosts in the recent past.

The anxieties may be increased due to the potentially inflammatory nature of the fixture, as a City victory would effectively end the Italians’ hopes of qualification.

Napoli has always had a hard edge. I remember visiting as a tourist on a day trip from Sorrento 20 years ago. We were given a briefing that made us think we were going to a then Mozambique war zone. Hope City can relegate that city to further football marginality on the World and Europe stage.

Edited by SantiSuk

Same thing we had sent on our visits to Italy,always found the northern cities fine ,but Rome was naughty.

Then again nothing compares to Istanbul.

Absolutely right....

Machine gun fire throughout the second half. Lucky to survive.

I thought that City made that look worryingly easy.

Yeah. Not wanting to sound cockey but even with all the changes we made, we looked quite comfortable. It's looking like we have the right depth, that even with a lot of shuffling around they can still play together.

Whatever happened to that bloke Tevez?

:D

Yep thats right, the depth in squad is awesome and they all seem to know how to play together. The quality sitting on the bench was ridiculous. I'm also changing my opinion on your manager. I really don't think Mancini cares who you play, home or away these days, although ofcourse you'll understand that i really fancy us to do you at Eastlands. ;)

The key to City's season now is how they cope if they qualify for the Champs league and keeping Toure Silva and Kompany fit,they do seem to be creating enough chances per game to be coasting them but defensively they still look uneasy when got at.

United will be there with them at the end of the season,i think as history shows we always do well after xmas and City have never been in a battle ....something about Mancini reminds me of Keegan laugh.giflaugh.gif

The start of the pressure and a few problems and he will lose it biggrin.gif

The key to City's season now is how they cope if they qualify for the Champs league and keeping Toure Silva and Kompany fit,they do seem to be creating enough chances per game to be coasting them but defensively they still look uneasy when got at.

United will be there with them at the end of the season,i think as history shows we always do well after xmas and City have never been in a battle ....something about Mancini reminds me of Keegan laugh.giflaugh.gif

Wishful thinking!! :lol:

As a manager Keegan had not won a trophy or been in a pressure situation before until the infamous " I'd I'd Love it" interview.

Mancini has already won titles and has managed Inter to league titles!!!

I think City will miss Toure when they lose him for the African Nations cup, but they will cope. They are playing with consistency and confidence now. The only thing I fear is Uniteds 'been there and done it'/ I certainly dont think that United have anywhere near as good a team as City, but teams still have the psychological fear factor when playing United. Both Norwich and Swansea should have beaten them!!

As a manager Keegan had not won a trophy or been in a pressure situation before until the infamous " I'd I'd Love it" interview.

I think City will miss Toure when they lose him for the African Nations cup, but they will cope. They are playing with consistency and confidence now. The only thing I fear is Uniteds 'been there and done it'/ I certainly dont think that United have anywhere near as good a team as City, but teams still have the psychological fear factor when playing United. Both Norwich and Swansea should have beaten them!!

Thanks for the good news on Toure just Silva and Kompany then we need to crock :D your last sentence i will take with salt ok ;)

He is under a lot more pressure here that is for sure! (Mancini)

Thanks for the good news on Toure just Silva and Kompany then we need to crock :D your last sentence i will take with salt ok ;)

Who cares if someone gets crocked. They'll just spend 50m on a replacement. Mancini doesn't look like a man under pressure to me, quite the opposite infact. He could win the league fielding half his second team and he looks like he knows it and i reckon Ferguson does too. Who cares if Utd have been there, seen it done it........you'll get steamrollered again like the rest of us. :D Time for a reality check back at the "very very quiet these days" Man Utd thread. :( You're more competition to us than them. :D

Who cares if someone gets crocked. They'll just spend 50m on a replacement. Mancini doesn't look like a man under pressure to me, quite the opposite infact. He could win the league fielding half his second team and he looks like he knows it and i reckon Ferguson does too. Who cares if Utd have been there, seen it done it........you'll get steamrollered again like the rest of us. :D Time for a reality check back at the "very very quiet these days" Man Utd thread. :( You're more competition to us than them. :D

Very true. City last year lost 194m and say their operating costs were 348m compared to 131m for Spurs. The problem is UEFA have basically implied that FFP is out of the window and those clubs that break the rules will be 'fined' rather than thrown out of the CL - where is the logic in that? So I suspect City will spend again in January despite already spending more than the GDP of a small Carribean nation in order to strengthen their squad. If Toure is out for the African Nations they will simply buy a replacement. I read yesterday they were interested in buying 3 players from Napoli who they play in the CL next week - it would however, have made more sense to buy before the CL began.

Business as usual for United......you think like most people without looking at the history books,and to think City will carry on playing well and riding there luck all season is a difficult ask ......but hey we will resurrect the United in decline thread for you if you like?

Mancini looked very frustrated to me on the touchline against Newcastle before the penalty as things were not going his way,prepare to see him like this a few more times and then we will see the true mettle of the man,again he is definitely under a lot more pressure here than Italy and it will start building in the new year to discount that fact is just being ignorant and joining the blue bandwagon,lets wait and see shall we wink.gif

Again after a great start to the season United have been well below par for the last few performances but non conceded in four games and five points behind them means we are in a great position when january comes round,where is that thread? biggrin.gif

Business as usual for United......you think like most people without looking at the history books,and to think City will carry on playing well and riding there luck all season is a difficult ask ......but hey we will resurrect the United in decline thread for you if you like?

Ahhhh.... but your history books tell you something different than what history books tell me. You see the history books show a massively high correlation between 'spend' and 'success' over the last 20 years (something like 0.93). That has basically been good news in general for Man U because you have always had the highest revenues and therefore can spend the most (i.e. succeed the most) whilst still both remaining profitable and solvent.

Now over the last 10 years first came Chelsea whose major interest was success (so that it didnt make him look such a crook) and wasnt interested in profitability. He outspent Man Utd and therefore won the league. However outspending ManU with much lower turnover is a very expensive business and having won the league once basically people think you are a nice and generous crook. So that now Chelsea doesnt outspend you to the same extent.

Then along came an Arab despot eager not to go the same way of the average Arab despot. And he is spending much more money than Man Utd (over 80m more in operating costs last year) and will continue to do so until he is either strung up or the wind he is pissing with changes direction. Money will bulldoze United - the history books are very clear on that.

I read yesterday they were interested in buying 3 players from Napoli who they play in the CL next week - it would however, have made more sense to buy before the CL began.

Slight correction. We play them tomorrow night. But I think the rumours of us wanting to buy 3 of their players is probably just mind games.

i'm beginning to wish i'd had some money on city hitting 90 points this season. they're just steamrollering teams.

City's points - 34 - are unprecedented after 12 games. In 2004/05 when Chelsea achieved 95 points for the season, they had only 29 after 12 games. The previous year Arsenal went unbeaten and amassed 90 points but they still had only 30 points after 12 games. The slight down side for City is that they have only played 2 of the 'top 6' (excluding Newcastle) teams (admittedly both away and winning 5-1 and 6-1). Chelsea have played 3, most teams 4 and Man Utd all 5.

i'm beginning to wish i'd had some money on city hitting 90 points this season. they're just steamrollering teams.

City's points - 34 - are unprecedented after 12 games. In 2004/05 when Chelsea achieved 95 points for the season, they had only 29 after 12 games. The previous year Arsenal went unbeaten and amassed 90 points but they still had only 30 points after 12 games. The slight down side for City is that they have only played 2 of the 'top 6' (excluding Newcastle) teams (admittedly both away and winning 5-1 and 6-1). Chelsea have played 3, most teams 4 and Man Utd all 5.

Interesting stats, didn't realise that. Over the next few weeks will be telling, when we will have played Liverpool (A), Norwich (H), Chelsea (A) and Arsenal (H). A tough few weeks indeed but the positive is that we will have to play the teams that are not doing too good, over the xmas period. I.E. Stoke and West Brom.

Interesting stats, didn't realise that. Over the next few weeks will be telling, when we will have played Liverpool (A), Norwich (H), Chelsea (A) and Arsenal (H). A tough few weeks indeed but the positive is that we will have to play the teams that are not doing too good, over the xmas period. I.E. Stoke and West Brom.

You'll probably win the lot.

A full strength Utd or Spurs could beat you but on what i've seen, unlikely anyone else. I say this because the team that was hammered by you 5-1 was so diferent/depleated as to make the result irrelevent to the current teams ability.

Just being honest but i'll wait for the abuse to follow. :D

A full strength Utd or Spurs could beat you but on what i've seen, unlikely anyone else. I say this because the team that was hammered by you 5-1 was so diferent/depleated as to make the result irrelevent to the current teams ability.

A full strength Spurs team would, of course, include Adebayor, who cant play against City because he is one of their employees. :lol:

As for United well a 6-1 loss at home doesnt exactly give them the pedigree to claim they can beat City either.

Edited by Abrak

A full strength Spurs team would, of course, include Adebayor, who cant play against City because he is one of their employees. :lol:

As for United well a 6-1 loss at home doesnt exactly give them the pedigree to claim they can beat City either.

So with your last statement you have sacked the stats you live by and just go on a one off result that statistically will never happen again rolleyes.gif bhhawwahwwhahhawwaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stick your statistics where the sun don't shine and get real......United will be there even Mr Bojangles knows that biggrin.gif as for Carmine he is doing the dreaming thing again whistling.gif

So with your last statement you have sacked the stats you live by and just go on a one off result that statistically will never happen again rolleyes.gif bhhawwahwwhahhawwaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stick your statistics where the sun don't shine and get real......United will be there even Mr Bojangles knows that biggrin.gif as for Carmine he is doing the dreaming thing again whistling.gif

Not quite, Mr Red.

LFC have been in the top division for 50 consecutive years this year.

During those 50 years NO team has put 5 goals or more (as in 6) against us in the League at Anfield. (Our worst loss was 4-0 to Everton in 1964.) So having 6 goals put passed us in the League at home is not something we have suffered at the home to any team (whether we have had fitness problems or players sent off.) We simply havent ever faced a team that much better than us.

So one-off statistics can be statistically significant. :lol: