Manchester City

mrbojangles

Very lucky to come away with a point tonight. If not for Reina's brain fart and Aguero's shot in the dark, we'd have dropped three. Kudos to Liverpool for an heroic effort. I've not seen City dominated at home like that for many a blue moon. After Sturridge's goal Liverpool muscled up and dominated midfield for much of the match. A frustrating night for Silva who suffered much of the pressure.

Maicon for Silva ? I still can't figure Mancini sometimes. Silva was beat and frustrated, but why weaken an already struggling midfield with that substitution ?

And, what's the deal with Sturridge ? Did he ever look this dangerous with Chelsea ?

Agree we were lucky to get a point. We were at sixes and sevens and just didn't look comfortable. We missed Kompany and Yaya tonight. Thank god yaya is now on his way home.

It was a deffo foul on Dzecko but it was our fault we didn't play to the whistle and we can't blame Liverpool for carrying on. Garcia was to blame for not clearing.

Totally agree Maicon sub, you are on the same page as me with Mancini, I still have many doubts about what he is doing and some of the tactics he has.

The one point I got to disagree with you about is Aguero's goal. He knew exactly what he was doing there. It wasn't a shot in the dark, he was going for goal cos nobody else was around. It's up there for potential goal of the season IMO. We can't also forget and must give credit to Gerrard's goal. Top drawer and a trade mark of Gerrard. He has them in his locker week in, week out.

No, I agree about Aguero's goal. "A shot in the dark" a bit misleading on my part. He took the shot without being able to even look at the goal. In the dark, so to speak. And yes, Yaya and Kompany very much missed. Hurry back !

Very lucky to come away with a point tonight. If not for Reina's brain fart and Aguero's shot in the dark, we'd have dropped three. Kudos to Liverpool for an heroic effort. I've not seen City dominated at home like that for many a blue moon. After Sturridge's goal Liverpool muscled up and dominated midfield for much of the match. A frustrating night for Silva who suffered much of the pressure.

Maicon for Silva ? I still can't figure Mancini sometimes. Silva was beat and frustrated, but why weaken an already struggling midfield with that substitution ?

And, what's the deal with Sturridge ? Did he ever look this dangerous with Chelsea ?

Agree we were lucky to get a point. We were at sixes and sevens and just didn't look comfortable. We missed Kompany and Yaya tonight. Thank god yaya is now on his way home.

It was a deffo foul on Dzecko but it was our fault we didn't play to the whistle and we can't blame Liverpool for carrying on. Garcia was to blame for not clearing.

Totally agree Maicon sub, you are on the same page as me with Mancini, I still have many doubts about what he is doing and some of the tactics he has.

The one point I got to disagree with you about is Aguero's goal. He knew exactly what he was doing there. It wasn't a shot in the dark, he was going for goal cos nobody else was around. It's up there for potential goal of the season IMO. We can't also forget and must give credit to Gerrard's goal. Top drawer and a trade mark of Gerrard. He has them in his locker week in, week out.

I agree on the performance, but you know I am going to defend Mancinis tacticslaugh.png

Personally I didnt have a problem with it. I am far from a tactical genius, but I see where Mancini was coming from. Milner was having a magnificent game. Silva was in the main ineffective, and I suspect injured. By taking Silva off, he could retain his 3-5-2 that he had changed to earlier, which meant Milner could go back to a more attacking midfield role, and Maicon took over at right wing back. There was no point bringing on Tevez as we would have been completely over run in midfield, and Mancini likes his 3-5-2. To be fair City looked better with the 3-5-2

, No but, he never got a decent run in the team, and when played tended to play wide.

i would have had him at spurs like a shot, but smokey vetoed it biggrin.png

Nail on the head jack. It's Mancini's obsession with this frigghin 3-5-2 which is dragging us down. I don't like it and I don't think the players do. i'm not saying it hasn't got future potential, I just don't think we know how to play it right.

Agree about Silva. I don't know whether he got a knock in the game or if he was carrying it prior.

, No but, he never got a decent run in the team, and when played tended to play wide.

i would have had him at spurs like a shot, but smokey vetoed it biggrin.png

Give him a couple of months to settle in and he'll be as lazy and selfish as ever rij. smile.png

Ivory Coast 1 - 2 Nigeria

Get your a55 back Yaya......(and Kolo and Abdul Razack)

Bit late i'm afraid bj, it's all over 2.gif

It's made it bladdy harder Alfie but I'm not giving up just yet. Far too many games left to play yet. RVP may get injured and United won't get a single point more laugh.png

What happened to Joe Hart has he caught the De gea jitters? come to think of it both goalies were poor weren't they!

Quite the script for super Mario to leave you and start scoring immediately isn't it ..........so Mancini thinks he will be in a job next season as he has asked for yet more backing from the Shrieks.....What about the Youfff?? never mind just ask the board again for more money forgetting that the ffp will be upon us soon!

City looked very very average yesterday and you could see they are really missing company

What happened to Joe Hart has he caught the De gea jitters? come to think of it both goalies were poor weren't they!

Quite the script for super Mario to leave you and start scoring immediately isn't it ..........so Mancini thinks he will be in a job next season as he has asked for yet more backing from the Shrieks.....What about the Youfff?? never mind just ask the board again for more money forgetting that the ffp will be upon us soon!

City looked very very average yesterday and you could see they are really missing company

Definitely missing Kompany. They had some difficulty getting the ball out of the back at times, and were generally unsettled. Yaya would have helped a lot as well, and maybe would have saved Silva from being overrun.

One minute shelling out £17m...the next talking about nicking Bale off us for astronomical amounts....and then he is on about FFP.

You're all over the place me old son! clap2.giflaugh.png

I see Mario scored twice in his debut for AC Milan, as they beat Udinese 2-1

How many points do City get for that? biggrin.png

You won't have to worry about Mancini getting it wrong next season I guess, but no doubt you'll post that the new team he's managing have won. wink.png

Dzecko is far too slow to play with Aguero and Silva, they need someone quick through the middle, like Sturridge.

Edited by uptheos

You won't have to worry about Mancini getting it wrong next season I guess, but no doubt you'll post that the new team he's managing have won. wink.png

I'm still gonna keep tabs on Mario cos I really think he's got the potential in his locker and i hope he does come good. And with all the grief he's been getting on here, I'll keep you all upto date with his progress. wink.png

they need someone quick through the middle, like Sturridge.

Are you havin a Giraffe

103.gif Mancini.

103.gif Mancini.

Well I make that yourself, carmine, Mr Red and uptheos, who are convinced Mancini will not be there next season.

I am convinced he will be...... so my colours are well and truly nailed to the wall as far as Mancini is concerned. Lets see who is right in Septembersmile.png

103.gif Mancini.

103.gif Mancini.

Well I make that yourself, carmine, Mr Red and uptheos, who are convinced Mancini will not be there next season.

I am convinced he will be...... so my colours are well and truly nailed to the wall as far as Mancini is concerned. Lets see who is right in Septembersmile.png

In May Jack....

103.gif Mancini.

103.gif Mancini.

Just like you was nailed on about the derby Jack!!! and then you forgot your password for a month thereafter biggrin.png

103.gif Mancini.

103.gif Mancini.

Just like you was nailed on about the derby Jack!!! and then you forgot your password for a month thereafter biggrin.png

coffee1.gif . Lets see.

I am confident he will still be here next season.

As for losing my password, I was in the middle of moving house and didnt have access to the internet. I had more important things than finding an internet cafe and coming on here debating about why United are not a one man team and dealing with cocksure rags.

Hope you understandwink.png

A bit touchy aren't you both lighten up <deleted> wink.png or you will be suicidal come the end of the season.

We're not touchy mate. If we were to get suicidal every time City have slipped up over the years even a cat wouldn't have enough lives.

And Mr Bojangles are you saying i am thick? tongue.png

Nah Red. You just get tired tongue.png

103.gif Mancini.

103.gif Mancini.

I must admit to my surprise, to see him quoted at 33/1 with Rafa the favourite at 1/1. I guess we all see different things in players and managers and that's why we love talking about football.....we're all experts in our own minds, and why not.......but he will be gone? I think if he loses the title by the margin he's behind now, will be too much for the owners, considering the money they have given him and the return they have got. Lets face it BB, Nasri, Dzeko, Sinclair a total of around 88 million haven't really done anything. Personally, I think if I gave you 100 mil to spend and access to the worlds top scouts and agents, you would have done better.

103.gif Mancini.

103.gif Mancini.

I must admit to my surprise, to see him quoted at 33/1 with Rafa the favourite at 1/1. I guess we all see different things in players and managers and that's why we love talking about football.....we're all experts in our own minds, and why not.......but he will be gone? I think if he loses the title by the margin he's behind now, will be too much for the owners, considering the money they have given him and the return they have got. Lets face it BB, Nasri, Dzeko, Sinclair a total of around 88 million haven't really done anything. Personally, I think if I gave you 100 mil to spend and access to the worlds top scouts and agents, you would have done better.

This is where I disagree.

Look at Mark Hughes!!

Just because you have lots of money to spend, you still have to buy players that will gel with the others.You say should have done better???

You have to remember that we had won nothing for 40plus years, then we win the FA Cup and the League in consecutive seasons.

If you listen to the City fans, a song they sing every game is...."We are not, we're not really here". The fans appreciate what we have got. They also appreciate Mancini, and EVERY game you will hear the fans chant his name.

Our owners are in this for the long haul.... they know its a project. They are smart business people. That is why I am adamant that they will not replace Mancini. The only worry I had was Guardiola.. because of his connections with the Barca guys we have recently brought on board. Now he has gone to Bayern, I believe Mancini will see out his contract.

Edited by JacknDanny

Just wanted to mention while its my mind - how good has Milner been of late! Seems to of added a bit of guile to his game to compliment his power and drive.

Thought he was your stand out player against us the other day even though Aguero will get the praises.

Just wanted to mention while its my mind - how good has Milner been of late! Seems to of added a bit of guile to his game to compliment his power and drive.

Thought he was your stand out player against us the other day even though Aguero will get the praises.

Hadn't thought of it, but definitely.coffee1.gif