Manchester City

mrbojangles

Well deserved win, I thought.

I thought Nastasic was superb.

Just like to know the difference between Rooneys two footed tackle in the first half, and Kompanys tackle last year which got him sent off V Arsenal.

Same ref, 2 different outcomes. And can anyone tell me the last time the ref blew up for half time as one team is attacking the 18yd box? Personally I cant recall, apart from last nightrolleyes.gif

Anyway, United will go on to win the League, good luck to them, but in my heart of hearts I know that there is little between the 2 teams, certainly no double figure points gap.

You forgot to mention the offside in your review wink.png and i have just looked at the table and it says we lead by 12 points or are you looking at a different one? rolleyes.gif

Just like to know the difference between Rooneys two footed tackle in the first half, and Kompanys tackle last year which got him sent off V Arsenal.

Same ref, 2 different outcomes. And can anyone tell me the last time the ref blew up for half time as one team is attacking the 18yd box? Personally I cant recall, apart from last nightrolleyes.gif

Anyway, United will go on to win the League, good luck to them, but in my heart of hearts I know that there is little between the 2 teams, certainly no double figure points gap.

You forgot to mention the offside in your review wink.png and i have just looked at the table and it says we lead by 12 points or are you looking at a different one? rolleyes.gif

The 'offside' was not down to the referee, that was the linesmans decision.

The point with the 12 points is that it flatters United. Yes the difference is 12 points, however, I know and I suspect you also know that United are not a 12 point superior team.

By the time you have sobered up, maybe you will get what I meanthumbsup.gif

I must admit pre season i had aguero down as the most likely lad for both player of the season awards, shambolic season 4 him, nice to see him bac to his best and tbh not only man city have missed him IMo the prem has. Have to say on the night the best team won. But don't expect spurs to roll over like utd did thoughw00t.gif

Ridiculous to suggest that Man City are not 12 points worse than Man U*. Too many games earlier in the season when key City players looked like they couldn't be @rsed. Mancini whines about it to the media.

Difference is that when the same thing happens at Man U they get personally spit roasted by SAF.

Yes you have players who sum up to at least as good as Man U, but that's not the point of football matches.

*Bit like me claiming that rsenal have only a few tweaks to make in Summer to catch up with the Manchester clubs

Edited by SantiSuk
  • Like 2

Same ref, 2 different outcomes. And can anyone tell me the last time the ref blew up for half time as one team is attacking the 18yd box? Personally I cant recall, apart from last night:rolleyes:

Congrats on the win. I did feel before the game that City were likely to be the hungrier of the two teams and so it turned out.... well just about. Neither team played particularly well in my opinion.

Regards blowing for half time, never really understood this idea of allowing an attacking team to finish their passage of play before stopping the game. Why should advantage go to the team that happens to be attacking when time is up. Surely if ttime is up, time is up, end of. The only time when i do think the ref shouldn't blow is when the ball is out of play. The ball should be in play when he calls time. When we played against Real Madrid, at the end of the first half we were attacking positively and won a corner. RVP went out to take it, and just before he took it, the ref blew. That is far more questionable decision from the ref in my opinion.

And talking of ideas i have never understood, what was all that hullabaloo about from your guys when we didn't kick the ball out of play? Was it a head injury?

• Like 1

Seems to happen in all the games now. I reckon the fans know the rules but they just like to have a bit of a wind up, so anytime one of ther guys goes down and the oppos keep the ball they'll have a bit of a go. Seems to work - eventually 5 times out of ten the referee will get flustered and blow up.

• Like 1

A good evening was had and it was great to meet up with the guys,here's to the next time burp.gif

​Unfortunately the game was a disappointment for us reds(RAGS) and my quick exit to the toilet when kunt Aguero smashed the brilliant winner summed it up.A good job the game doesn't have any influence on the destination of the title. tongue.png

Cheers to nev and mrbojangles thumbsup.gif

Yes had a good night, internet back on now, fair play to city, think ferie got his tactics wrong again, but still 12 points ahead, are we going to hold on only time will tell, but we have to get back on track.

Good to meet mrbojangles and me old mate mrred and thanks to carsten at no1 bar for keeping the bar open for us.

A good evening was had and it was great to meet up with the guys,here's to the next time burp.gif

​Unfortunately the game was a disappointment for us reds(RAGS) and my quick exit to the toilet when kunt Aguero smashed the brilliant winner summed it up.A good job the game doesn't have any influence on the destination of the title. tongue.png

Yes had a good night, internet back on now, fair play to city, think ferie got his tactics wrong again, but still 12 points ahead, are we going to hold on only time will tell, but we have to get back on track.

Good to meet mrbojangles and me old mate mrred and thanks to carsten at no1 bar for keeping the bar open for us.

Yeah good top meet both you and MrRed. Had a good night and I don't remember giving you both too much grief after our win tongue.png

Yeah good top meet both you and MrRed. Had a good night and I don't remember giving you both too much grief after our win tongue.png

I think you took it easy on us, you deserved the win and we are lucky we have a 12 point gap and even with 7 games to go i am not overly confident after last season, but if we win on sunday at stoke i will breath a bit easier.

I think you took it easy on us, you deserved the win and we are lucky we have a 12 point gap and even with 7 games to go i am not overly confident after last season, but if we win on sunday at stoke i will breath a bit easier.

MrRed was giving me grief though, all through the game. The Jack Daniels was flowing and I don't think he realised you lost laugh.png

"We might of lost the battle but we will still win the war"

I thought i was taking it easy on you biggrin.png

The war is longer than just this season. It carries on until you decline (or SAF health declines) biggrin.png

As for taking it easy on me. 90 mins of "we're gonna stuff you" is all I got from you laugh.png

"We might of lost the battle but we will still win the war"

I thought i was taking it easy on you biggrin.png

The war is longer than just this season. It carries on until you decline (or SAF health declines) biggrin.png

As for taking it easy on me. 90 mins of "we're gonna stuff you" is all I got from you laugh.png

Yeah i meant at the end of the season!!! tongue.png as i said you deserved it and we both won this season at each others grounds.I thought he had made a mistake at the start by leaving the man on the bench but tactically he was spot on against us this time......JacknDanny maybe correct after all? smile.png

http://mcfc.com/?play=1

(THE TRAIN CAM)

I like watching these cams of the players either in the tunnel or on their way to matches. You often get a 'real' view as to what the individual is like.

Looking at this one, its funny seeing Richard Wright arrive at the station, pleading with his eyes for someone to ask for his autographlaugh.png

Scott Sinclair looks like a little boy lost. Like the kid who sits at the back of the class who nobody wants to talk to.

Micah looks about 2 stone overweight!!

Javi Garcia looks to be a right miserable sod.

And for you Mancini haters.... he makes his entrance around 3 minutes into the video!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Even I cannot defend the way he is dressed!!

Edited by JacknDanny

And for you Mancini haters.... he makes his entrance around 3 minutes into the video!! cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Even I cannot defend the way he is dressed!!

He looks like he wants to be in a Pink Panther movie. Them bags are worth a few bob though.

I too like the tunnel cam

I bet you guys were nervous towards the end.

The first half you dominated, but we gave you a definite scare.

Any comments about ref, fouls or Aguero? :-)

Edited by mjj

Nervy over the last 15 minutes for sure. No sure fire penalty calls for me.

I'm not sure what Aguero was up to with Luiz, but then we are talking about Luiz, so I suspect payback for something. I was surprised that one got by the ref. I could see it a few more times, but it looked suspiciously like a stomp.

Wonderful entertainment watching the Sugar Daddies fighting for the scraps from the table....

Since when has the FA Cup been known as "scraps from the table"? Oh that's right, since you haven't won it for over a decade it musn't be any good. I also see you haven't commented on the whooping we gave you last week. wink.png

I bet you guys were nervous towards the end.

The first half you dominated, but we gave you a definite scare.

Any comments about ref, fouls or Aguero? :-)

I think we dominated the first hour and should have put more chances away but you definately had us on edge at the end.

Aguero was lucky to get away with that and it is uncharacteristic of him. I'd like to see the penalty call again as through my "several pints of heineken glasses" Torres went down too easily and looking for that pen IMO.