Manchester City

mrbojangles

Wonderful entertainment watching the Sugar Daddies fighting for the scraps from the table....

Since when has the FA Cup been known as "scraps from the table"? Oh that's right, since you haven't won it for over a decade it musn't be any good. I also see you haven't commented on the whooping we gave you last week. wink.png

The FA Cup is a prestigious tournament, that has been devalued by the 'super' clubs, who think it's OK to play a weakened team in the early stages and if they get beat well so be it,"we are after the League and European Championship". It really doesn't matter what the fans want, how much they pay or how far they travel. But it becomes important when it's finally withing grasp.

As for Man City reaching the final, well done chaps but, quote; "a fat lot of good it is looking the finest team in the country for the last month of the season if you have squandered your obvious capacity to be the best from August onwards".

They need a manager who can rectify this

Edited by uptheos

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BH05sSbCcAASrQp.jpgTorres fouling Kompany apparently.

Just two players battling for a ball. You see that week in, week out. Torres needs to grow a pair and play football instead of desperately looking for penalties.

Bit unfair on Torres, he didn't go to ground. Still should have been a pen.

Anyone else notice that since Torres became Batman, he has played better?

Wonderful entertainment watching the Sugar Daddies fighting for the scraps from the table....

Since when has the FA Cup been known as "scraps from the table"? Oh that's right, since you haven't won it for over a decade it musn't be any good. I also see you haven't commented on the whooping we gave you last week. wink.png

The FA Cup is a prestigious tournament, that has been devalued by the 'super' clubs, who think it's OK to play a weakened team in the early stages and if they get beat well so be it,"we are after the League and European Championship". It really doesn't matter what the fans want, how much they pay or how far they travel. But it becomes important when it's finally withing grasp.

As for Man City reaching the final, well done chaps but, quote; "a fat lot of good it is looking the finest team in the country for the last month of the season if you have squandered your obvious capacity to be the best from August onwards".

We haven't played a weakened team in any of the rounds.

As for your quote (I think I saw that on the BBC by Phil McNulty) it's probably fair enough in a way and we lost it this year through not grinding out results in the same way United do. I do have to laugh though when these journalists start spouting about it being a failure. They obviously have never supported City, cos to a life long City fan, finishing 2nd ain't bad and we would have only dreamed of that a few seasons ago.

As for your quote (I think I saw that on the BBC by Phil McNulty) it's probably fair enough in a way and we lost it this year through not grinding out results in the same way United do. I do have to laugh though when these journalists start spouting about it being a failure. They obviously have never supported City, cos to a life long City fan, finishing 2nd ain't bad and we would have only dreamed of that a few seasons ago.

Yes, that's why I put it in quotes.

I think most people expected City to go one better this year and lead from the front.

I think most people expected City to go one better this year and lead from the front.

Most City fans didn't expect it, hoped but not expected it and in the main we blame Marwood. To go one better, we needed quality additions and he didn't deliver.

I bet you guys were nervous towards the end.

The first half you dominated, but we gave you a definite scare.

Any comments about ref, fouls or Aguero? :-)

I think we dominated the first hour and should have put more chances away but you definately had us on edge at the end.

Aguero was lucky to get away with that and it is uncharacteristic of him. I'd like to see the penalty call again as through my "several pints of heineken glasses" Torres went down too easily and looking for that pen IMO.

Definitely uncharacteristic of KUN. He has a look of anger and malice. That had to be payback for something. He's generally a happy go lucky kid, and I can't recall ever seeing him that way.

On the other hand, I've little sympathy for Luiz, dirty Brazilian that he is, and the same for Ramires, after Barry's awkward and dangerous challenge. If the victims had been JT or Michael "I've never thrown a cheap shot I wasn't proud of" Ballack, I might feel differently. whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Most City fans didn't expect it, hoped but not expected it and in the main we blame Marwood. To go one better, we needed quality additions and he didn't deliver.

That's being optimistic from fans of league champions.

You don't think City had a team at least equal Man U at the start of the season?

Maybe City will meet Wigan again in the Europa league next season......don't want to be too optimistic. biggrin.png

Edited by uptheos

I'm not saying Chelsea players are innocent, but any defence of what Aguero did is a disgrace. The intent and malice in what he did has no place in the game.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4887716/Aguero-aggro.html

Unlike Aguero to act like that but he should be punished,min 3 weeks, if the ref, and assistant, missed it,which they obviously did .How the ref didn't see Kompany attempting to take Torres shirt off is beyond me,clear penalty and a 2-2 scoreline would have been the icing on the cake for what was probably the game of the season

Game of the season? Dear god, your standards are low.

Still, hopefully Aguero will miss the final for his disgusting act of petulance.

The more I see that tackle, the worse it looks.

No way Aguero should receive a cup medal, winners or losers.....banned for next three FA Cup matches. thumbsup.gif

That's right, all gang up on Aguero for what must have been his first ever bad thing, even though he is constantly on the receiving end. Worse than journo's from The Sun you lot.

Suarez must be looking on with some amusement. The tabloids might have found another world class foreign import to demonise!

• Like 1

That's right, all gang up on Aguero for what must have been his first ever bad thing, even though he is constantly on the receiving end. Worse than journo's from The Sun you lot.

How many times he's done it is irrelevant Mr.B as well you know. It was disgraceful and deserves punishing.

However, it is a fact that many deliberate potential leg breaking tackles go un-punished and there are players in the game who seem to do it more often than others and get away with it. I wish the FA would look at more replay tackles and take appropriate action, regardless of who does it and how often.

How many times he's done it is irrelevant Mr.B as well you know. It was disgraceful and deserves punishing.

However, it is a fact that many deliberate potential leg breaking tackles go un-punished and there are players in the game who seem to do it more often than others and get away with it. I wish the FA would look at more replay tackles and take appropriate action, regardless of who does it and how often.

And regardless of whether or not "the referee dealt with the incident".

Suarez must be looking on with some amusement. The tabloids might have found another world class foreign import to demonise!

It's temporary Carms. They'll get bored waiting for him to do anything else that is controversial

It's temporary Carms. They'll get bored waiting for him to do anything else that is controversial

No you're wrong Mr.B, I watch a lot of games and have great admiration for Aguero's skills. I think I have said openly that he's definitely in my top 5 in the EPL. He's the type of player I would like to see get a little more protection from referees and at the same time I would like to see the sly leg breakers punished severely. I can understand players frustrations, but it serves them little purpose to be dragged down a few levels. When I see a lot of the replays of some tackles in the EPL it makes me cringe, a young mans career can be halted in an instant by some idiot. I have absolutely no objection to hard tackles, I was brought up watching the hardest who could put in a good old sliding tackle etc. But those that are nowhere near the ball and deliberately down the front of the leg should be dealt with.

No you're wrong Mr.B, I watch a lot of games and have great admiration for Aguero's skills. I think I have said openly that he's definitely in my top 5 in the EPL. He's the type of player I would like to see get a little more protection from referees and at the same time I would like to see the sly leg breakers punished severely. I can understand players frustrations, but it serves them little purpose to be dragged down a few levels. When I see a lot of the replays of some tackles in the EPL it makes me cringe, a young mans career can be halted in an instant by some idiot. I have absolutely no objection to hard tackles, I was brought up watching the hardest who could put in a good old sliding tackle etc. But those that are nowhere near the ball and deliberately down the front of the leg should be dealt with.

All i said was "It's temporary Carms. They'll get bored waiting for him to do anything else that is controversial". Which bit am I wrong in Ups?

Well, I can assure you that I won't "get bored waiting for him to do anything else controversial", Aguero is inconsequential except for delighting in his skills and not being delighted at watching him being an idiot, albeit once. biggrin.png

Well, I can assure you that I won't "get bored waiting for him to do anything else controversial", Aguero is inconsequential except for delighting in his skills and not being delighted at watching him being an idiot, albeit once. biggrin.png

The reply was to Carms who said "Suarez must be looking on with some amusement. The tabloids might have found another world class foreign import to demonise!" I was saying the press would get bored waiting for him to do something else controversial.

The reply was to Carms who said "Suarez must be looking on with some amusement. The tabloids might have found another world class foreign import to demonise!" I was saying the press would get bored waiting for him to do something else controversial.

It's hot!! wai.gif

What he did was wrong, but jumping on someones ars is hardly career threateningrolleyes.gif

I have never seen Aguero put in a single malicious challenge, all the time he has been at City, so I guess the red mist ascended as a result of something. The fact that Luiz 'forgave ' him straightaway seems to suggest that something had gone on between them earlier.

Anyway talk of him getting banned for 3 games is nonsense. Wont happen!