Manchester City

mrbojangles

I wish they'd employ someone to fix this editor, new isn't always better!

Anyway - Yeah I guess you're right, with the numpties that have come and gone in quick succession, winning nothing, I can imagine that it's a good feeling right now. It's going to be interesting next season. smile.png

Edited by uptheos

I wish they'd employ someone to fix this editor!

Anyway - Yeah I guess you're right, with the numpties that have come and gone in quick succession, winning nothing, I can imagine that it's a good feeling right now. It's going to be interesting next season. smile.png

Absolutely.

I remember in years gone by when Alan Ball was the manager. Clueless f#ckwit that he was. Standing at an away game (I think Leeds), when he brought on Alan Kernighan (probably the slowest centre half ever to grace Maine Road) when we were losing.

City fans began chanting "Alan Balls A Football Genius", to which Bally waved to the crowdcheesy.gif

Great sense of humour, City fans. Lets face it, we have had to have over the past 40 yrs. So whats happening now pales into insignificance.

• Like 1

DId you know that as well as being the worst ever team to represent England in the champions league, you hold another amazing record?

You were the first team to be relegated from the English top division the season after winning the titlecheesy.gifcheesy.gif

DId you know that as well as being the worst ever team to represent England in the champions league, you hold another amazing record?

You were the first team to be relegated from the English top division the season after winning the titlecheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I always thought you were clueless, but kind of left you alone, as you would the local village idiot. But now you are bringing stuff up from 1938?blink.pngblink.png

You have either mixed the SangSom with something or the glue bag burst.

touched a little nerve did we plod boywhistling.gif , never mind , Just wondering like, u two don't have a little bit of a romancey thing going do you? you know,maybe share a few little 'tips' w00t.gif on dealing with the bad boys every now and then down at nicky's? . but then i'm thinking the gay guys i know arnt dimwitted enough to come out with i'm a 'saxxy member'clap2.gif and as for 'the wheel tappers and shunters club' cheesy.gif , socially inept and simple minded springs to mind , but then plod and manc's........ what can one expect.

Edited by rijit

touched a little nerve did we plod boywhistling.gif , never mind , Just wondering like, u two don't have a little bit of a romancey thing going do you? you know,maybe share a few little 'tips' w00t.gif on dealing with the bad boys every now and then down at nicky's? . but then i'm thinking the gay guys i know arnt dimwitted enough to come out with i'm a 'saxxy member'clap2.gif and as for 'the wheel tappers and shunters club' cheesy.gif , socially inept and simple minded springs to mind , but then plod and manc's........ what can one expect.

Are you Alfie's only mate ???? You do sound similar blink.png

BTbiggrin.png

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-players-vincent-kompany-1897305

This is the first report I have seen whereby players are actually named.

Relevant point about Twitter, also, that Mancini did not receive a single word from ANY of the players.

It would appear the situation was really dire.

And who's to say the owners wanted to replace him anyway. He had clearly lost the whole dressing room and there was no choice. But coming second in the league isn't a disaster and theres an arguement that says they would have been happy to give him another season

Strange that the fans and quite possibly the owners had a completely different opinion of him to the players.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-players-vincent-kompany-1897305

Relevant point about Twitter, also, that Mancini did not receive a single word from ANY of the players.

And who's to say the owners wanted to replace him anyway. He had clearly lost the whole dressing room and there was no choice. But coming second in the league isn't a disaster and theres an arguement that says they would have been happy to give him another season

Strange that the fans and quite possibly the owners had a completely different opinion of him to the players.

And the problem is I dont think you will ever get the real truth.

There were obviously problems festering, simply by looking at the performances, you could see that.

I think the 'spanish butchers' got him in the end. He simply upset too many people. If you are winning you can get away with it, but as soon as you fail, the knives come out. Personally I believe Tixi 'did a job' on him.

But as I said before, this drama is nothing in comparison to what has happened to us in the past. I just wish something definate would be confirmed, so we can move on.

There were obviously problems festering, simply by looking at the performances, you could see that.

I think the 'spanish butchers' got him in the end. He simply upset too many people. If you are winning you can get away with it, but as soon as you fail, the knives come out. Personally I believe Tixi 'did a job' on him.

But as I said before, this drama is nothing in comparison to what has happened to us in the past. I just wish something definate would be confirmed, so we can move on.

If the owners want Pellegrini they will get him.

Like most of us i watched his growing reputation but i knew little really about him. Having done some reading i think he would be an excellent choice

Like most of us i watched his growing reputation but i knew little really about him. Having done some reading i think he would be an excellent choice

I concur.

Seems to be an excellent man manager.

Just read a report that City have agreed a fee of 52 mill for Falcao, and that Falcao has said he prefers to go to City and work for Pellegrini rather than go to Chelsea.

Lets see.

I concur.

Seems to be an excellent man manager.

Just read a report that City have agreed a fee of 52 mill for Falcao, and that Falcao has said he prefers to go to City and work for Pellegrini rather than go to Chelsea.

Lets see.

Like you and Carms, I knew little about Pellegrini until lately and what I've read, I like. I know I've been saying it for over 18 months now but I do feel that a manager at the very top needs to have the the ability to man manage. Yes, that may include being a father figure, a shoulder to cry on and even massaging ego's, or just a simple slap on the back when a player comes off the pitch after being subbed. Mancini just didn't posses this personality. I think we will see the best coming out of our players if the next manager posseses this quality.

It seems a bit strange that we would persue a signing of Faclao's calibre before appointing a manager. Unless City have spoken with Pelligrini already about preferred signings.

• Like 1

I think Fergie summed it up when he said something along the lines of, some players need an arm around the shoulder to improve and some need a rollicking. The trick is to know which tactic for which player.

C'mon Jack. Mancini "did a job" on himself with his piss poor man management, as well as his many personality "quirks". He was successful at Inter as well, and they gave him the boot also. It seems that regardless of his successes, his deficits end up sabotaging things. It hasn't been long since he was let go, and already there are plenty of stories about his unusual ways. Actually, it seems the players have shown the most prudence so far by not savaging him in the press. But, I'd guess that will only last so long.

I respect your admiration for him for being in charge when City finally got to the top, but I think only he bears responsibility for how things went sour. I don't think Tixi had it out for him, but as somebody noted, he lost the dressing room and management had no choice but to see him off.

• Like 1

C'mon Jack. Mancini "did a job" on himself with his piss poor man management, as well as his many personality "quirks". He was successful at Inter as well, and they gave him the boot also. It seems that regardless of his successes, his deficits end up sabotaging things. It hasn't been long since he was let go, and already there are plenty of stories about his unusual ways. Actually, it seems the players have shown the most prudence so far by not savaging him in the press. But, I'd guess that will only last so long.

I respect your admiration for him for being in charge when City finally got to the top, but I think only he bears responsibility for how things went sour. I don't think Tixi had it out for him, but as somebody noted, he lost the dressing room and management had no choice but to see him off.

Au Contraire.

I have moved on now. Yes I liked Mancini, but sh!t happens.

But if we are to believe what is coming out on a daily basis, that he had lost the dressing room completely, then they had to make a decision and sack him.

I dont have a problem with that, IF what we are hearing is true.

Here is my problem.............. Mancini is Mancini, he didnt just change overnight and become an overbearing pr!ck. So that being the case he should not have been offered a 5 yr contract.

Secondly, the way City had been playing, it WAS obvious that something was not right. If the root cause was Mancini, then get rid. But the way Tixi went about it, in my opinion was underhanded and sneaky. If the rumours are facts, then he should have been sacked before the cup final. But then Tixi didnt have the balls for that. Because then Tixi himself would have got the blame had we lost the final, not Mancini. The decision had been made some time ago, to dispense of Mancinis services, fair enough. But to go out and have dinner and look the other person in the eye, talking about next years transfers, when you know all along its BS, is being a snake in the grass IMHO.

But like I say, exciting times ahead, past is past. Good luck to Mancini, and Pellegrini or whoever, good luck at taking City forward. Just make sure you watch your back.

Jack,

I don't disagree with some of what you say. In
fact, if management thought he'd lost the dressing room in the middle of the
season, they could have harpooned Mancini then, and maybe have had a shot at
United. But, with the uproar of some fans when he did get
canned, just imagine what it would have been like halfway through the season. I
doubt that most administrators would have had the stomach for it.

But, as you say, lets hope that Pellegrini, or whomever, takes over and
we go forward.wink.png

Edited by jellydog

"Roberto Mancini has had hard-up regional newspapers hoping he set a trend for departing managers by paying to take a full-page advertisement in the Manchester Evening News to thank Manchester City supporters for their backing over the past three years, at a cost of some £10,000."

08-readitandweep.jpg

Notice he never thanked the players and staff in that add biggrin.png

Grandstanding.

All due respect to Jack, but the newspaper ad was a calculated jerk off of his constituents. Nauseating.sick.gif

How do you know that?

It was appreciated by most of the City fans. In fact they are looking to reciprocate it by putting an advert in La Gazetta, thanking him for the 3 years.

I dont see the harm in it. There was a warm bond between him and the fans, and I am sure whoever we appoint as new manager, the fans will be right behind him as well.

Notice he never thanked the players and staff in that add biggrin.png

Grandstanding.

All due respect to Jack, but the newspaper ad was a calculated jerk off of his constituents. Nauseating.sick.gif

How do you know that?

It was appreciated by most of the City fans. In fact they are looking to reciprocate it by putting an advert in La Gazetta, thanking him for the 3 years.

I dont see the harm in it. There was a warm bond between him and the fans, and I am sure whoever we appoint as new manager, the fans will be right behind him as well.

Jack-I know a lot of the fans liked him. But I think he's a shallow, narcissistic <deleted> who could care less about the fans. He is Italian you know.thumbsup.gif

OK !! Positive from now on ! I've had my say about Roberto !wai2.gif

Edited by jellydog

yeah he'd obviously not just lost them, they'd actually turned against him. and that's when you get players actively not being arsed in matches in order to force a change of management. disgraceful on the part of the players of course as they're cheating the fans. but then sometimes the thing just goes so malignant that there's only ever one outcome isn't there?