Manchester City

mrbojangles

Jesus Nevas has completed. So that's another one in the bag and nice and early this year.

From BBC Sport:

"Navas has suffered from chronic homesickness in the past and spent his entire career at Sevilla, which is 20 miles north of his hometown of Los Palacios y Villafranca.

He turned down a move to Chelsea after helping Sevilla beat Middlesbrough in the 2006 Uefa Cup final, citing a fear of living abroad.

Navas has suffered from anxiety attacks when away from home for extended periods and has been forced to leave training camps on several occasions."

From BBC Sport:

"The good news for Manchester City fans is that extensive counselling appears to have alleviated the problem."

Edited by PREM-R

Jesus Nevas has completed. So that's another one in the bag and nice and early this year.

From BBC Sport:

"Navas has suffered from chronic homesickness in the past and spent his entire career at Sevilla, which is 20 miles north of his hometown of Los Palacios y Villafranca.

He turned down a move to Chelsea after helping Sevilla beat Middlesbrough in the 2006 Uefa Cup final, citing a fear of living abroad.

Navas has suffered from anxiety attacks when away from home for extended periods and has been forced to leave training camps on several occasions."

From BBC Sport:

"The good news for Manchester City fans is that extensive counselling appears to have alleviated the problem."

That was about 7 years ago. I was homesick when I first joined the RN at 16. Nowadays I get sick of going home !!

From BBC Sport:

That was about 7 years ago. I was homesick when I first joined the RN at 16. Nowadays I get sick of going home !!

Is that cos its cold and rains a lot mrboj? rolleyes.gif

Me sees a wee problem on the horizon.....laugh.png

City now the best paid team in world sport, average wages 100K a week.

They better start showing they are worth it

That average could very well go up again before the season starts wink.png

I really believe it will, with a real biggie yet to come.

Or down as well. Nasri, Dzeko, Barry, Tevez, Kolarov...all could be on the chopping block.thumbsup.gif

Not bothering with FFP then? Malaga banned from Europa league next season due to breaking FFP rules, appeal thrown out and fined 300,000 Euros. Maybe one rule for the 'little' clubs and another for the big boys eh? Or maybe not!

Not bothering with FFP then? Malaga banned from Europa league next season due to breaking FFP rules, appeal thrown out and fined 300,000 Euros. Maybe one rule for the 'little' clubs and another for the big boys eh? Or maybe not!

I don't think there will be different rules for anyone as far as European FFP. There would be an uproar. But I believe some countries are also doing their own method FFP.

As for Malaga, are you sure it was for FFP. I thought it was because the Sheikh stopped funding them and several players went without salary etc. But I'm not sure. Also, I thought FFP had nothing to do with fining clubs but purely kicking them out of European comps.

Or down as well. Nasri, Dzeko, Barry, Tevez, Kolarov...all could be on the chopping block.thumbsup.gif

What no mention of santa cruz or wayne bridge, surely these two must be the first to go, unless the shiek likes to just waste money, ohh hang on he bought city and has spent a billion quid, maybe he doesbiggrin.png

I don't think there will be different rules for anyone as far as European FFP. There would be an uproar. But I believe some countries are also doing their own method FFP.

As for Malaga, are you sure it was for FFP. I thought it was because the Sheikh stopped funding them and several players went without salary etc. But I'm not sure. Also, I thought FFP had nothing to do with fining clubs but purely kicking them out of European comps.

"are you sure it was for FFP"

UEFA Statement:-

"UEFA is pleased that the Court of Arbitration for Sport in Lausanne today confirmed the decision of the UEFA Club Financial Control Body (CFCB) adjudicatory chamber regarding the requirement to comply with the UEFA Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play regulations in the case of Malaga CF."

Still no announcement on the appointment of Pellegrini as manager.

Rumour is that Malaga havent paid him for the last 2 months. Therefore if they do not pay him within the next couple of weeks, then he can walk away for free, thereby City would save themselves over 3 million in compensation. Looking like he will join us in July.

On another subject, an excellent article in Manchester Evening News ( which is notoriously anti City)

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/big-spending-manchester-city-still-playing-4307773

Still no announcement on the appointment of Pellegrini as manager.

Rumour is that Malaga havent paid him for the last 2 months. Therefore if they do not pay him within the next couple of weeks, then he can walk away for free, thereby City would save themselves over 3 million in compensation. Looking like he will join us in July.

On another subject, an excellent article in Manchester Evening News ( which is notoriously anti City)

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/big-spending-manchester-city-still-playing-4307773

Great article Jack and thanks for your post. Informative and objective reporting, and ought to put to bed a lot of the woebegone ax grinding malcontents and their constant whining. But we know it won't.thumbsup.gif

Pellegrini comes out straight away saying "we have the best squad in the league." Very refreshing to hear. an immediate acknowledgement that he has the "tools" to do the job.

Mancini spent too much time whinging about who he didn't get and not talking enough about the vast resources afforded to him already.

Anyway, enough of the past, a new era dawns. Should be interesting.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to him starting. He's a totally different type of manager and personality to Mancini. He has already announced his backroom staff who he will be bringing with him and I'm happy to say he is keeping Brian Kidd who remained faithful after the last lot left.

Pellegrini comes out straight away saying "we have the best squad in the league." Very refreshing to hear. an immediate acknowledgement that he has the "tools" to do the job.

Mancini spent too much time whinging about who he didn't get and not talking enough about the vast resources afforded to him already.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to him starting. He's a totally different type of manager and personality to Mancini. He has already announced his backroom staff who he will be bringing with him and I'm happy to say he is keeping Brian Kidd who remained faithful after the last lot left.

Brian Kidd always seems to come across as a bit of a knob to me but i'm sure Pellegrini knows betterbiggrin.png

• Like 1

Brian Kidd always seems to come across as a bit of a knob to me but i'm sure Pellegrini knows betterbiggrin.png

Really? He doesn't really say that much.

Really? He doesn't really say that much.

Ok bj,he's a quiet knob 4.gif

Footnote : when you going to get this quote thing sorted, doing my ed in !

Edited by alfieconn

He was loved by the players at both United and Leeds.

And he appears to be well liked by our boys.

For me it was a no brainer. Huge experience. Knows what it takes to be a winner. Smart move to keep him.

The news keeps getting better. In addition to the new talent on display (and more to come), it will be interesting to see which old guard players remain, and who goes. With the avalanche of midfielders arriving (looks like Isco could join the pack), it seems to put in jeopardy a number of players from last season. I honestly can't see Nasri staying, and you'd have to think between Barry and Milner, one or the other would be surplus. Seeing some of the deadwood leaving will be almost as exciting as seeing the newcomers arriving.

And Pellegrini reportedly speaks very good, if not perfect, English. That can't hurt for so many reasons.

Pity you dont know more about him-ignorance is no reason for expressing such a stupid comment whistling.gif he,s well respected both in and out of football-a genuine nice guy with great knowledge of the game and loyalty to whoever employs him-a top bloke thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Pelinguini appears like the guy who found Christmas and Mancini a bit like the Grinch who stole Christmas.

Really looking forward to seeing how he transforms the team (or not). biggrin.png