Manchester City

mrbojangles

Not true, MrBo.

Your net outlay on players since 2008 exceeds GBP500m, so if you are claiming you've sold 200-250m worth, then you've spent nearer 3/4 of a billion.

You dirty Arab's whore.

biggrin.png

If that is true, I will hold my hands up and apologise Chiccy. Could you please provide a source of the detailed breakdown of those transfers?

As for the whore part. Aren't we all in one way or another biggrin.png

Chicog wrong....but only justsmile.png However, the info looks like it is from one of Alfie's relatives so not sure of its veracitywink.png

Manchester City annual report states that while club spent £610m on players from 2008-13, it received £112m transfer fees. Net spend: £498m.

Mind you, after last night I don't suppose you are that bothered Mr BJ. Well done by the way!

Edited by wilai

In my reckoning since they took over until this summer transfer window, we have probably spent about 600mil on transfers of players in. Caveat:- some figures are always based on speculation rather than the real figures.

On players out, we have probably got between 200 - 250 mil.

I don't mind in future what figure you want to throw at us, either the total spend on players in (600) or the combined with what we got back selling players (350-400) but just make it nearer to the truth and not spout the billion figure. wai2.gif

David Conn@david_conn[/size] 8h

Manchester City annual report states that while club spent £610m on players from 2008-13, it received £112m transfer fees. Net spend: £498m.

Thanks Wilai. Although I'll hold my hands up that I got the figure wrong for what we got for players, I was spot on for what we spent. And it's nowhere near the billion that was spouted.

The 2012-13 losses would have been more than the previous year had City not generated 47 million pounds ($78 million) by selling "intellectual property," the club's image rights, to "third parties" or "related parties." The 22.5 million pounds ($37 million) received from "related parties" includes selling the use of the "City" name to New York City FC, the Major League Soccer club that is co-owned with the New York Yankees baseball team and starts playing in 2015.

this stinks, selling the name city to a club you own for 22.5 mill and also buy a team in australia so you can do the same, your owners have spent a billion get over it who cares.

, your owners have spent a billion get over it who cares.

You obviously care nev, cos you keep on coming in here and blurting out figures.

For info, I never said our owners hadn't spent a billion, I said we hadn't spent a billion on players. I'll go a back and re-post what I said if you like? No wait a minute, your wrong, get over it biggrin.png

As for the rest. i.e. image rights etc I knew we had creative accountants. That's bladdy marvellous. Apparently we will be break even in a year and will meet FFP. The Sheikh and his team of creative accountants are here for a while yet mate. Get over it thumbsup.gif

Thanks Wilai. Although I'll hold my hands up that I got the figure wrong for what we got for players, I was spot on for what we spent. And it's nowhere near the billion that was spouted.

The figure of one billion includes the purchase of the club plus the 300 million of debt it had accrued before Man United fans start swapping their shirts.

biggrin.png

The 2012-13 losses would have been more than the previous year had City not generated 47 million pounds ($78 million) by selling "intellectual property," the club's image rights, to "third parties" or "related parties." The 22.5 million pounds ($37 million) received from "related parties" includes selling the use of the "City" name to New York City FC, the Major League Soccer club that is co-owned with the New York Yankees baseball team and starts playing in 2015.

this stinks, selling the name city to a club you own for 22.5 mill and also buy a team in australia so you can do the same, your owners have spent a billion get over it who cares.

yeah, it does stink. creative accounting once again makes a mockery of the supposed financial fair play.

• Like 1

Ho hum.

Biggest news of the day being Aguero's knock, Jovetic's goal and Joe growing a weird beard.

For me a penalty against Rose.

And yea verily, the ref was abysmal.

Oh, and City top of the table and Chelsea choking like a pack of dogs against West Ham.clap2.gifclap2.gif

Rose also grabbed Dzeko's hand.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/01/29/tottenham-v-manchester-city-was-danny-rose-hard-done-by-after-being-sent-off-for-this-tackle-4282750/

I couldn't remember if Dawson got a yellow for elbowing Aguero. Looking at the team stats it seems he didn't and so the ref hadn't seen it. This could mean retrospective action

Oh purlease, that wasn't an elbow, it was a solid shoulder challenge and Aguero was hamming it up for the ref claiming he'd been hit in the head. You could clearly see on the replays he was simply trying to pull a fast one.

That's probably why you couldn't remember. It wasn't a foul.

I couldn't remember if Dawson got a yellow for elbowing Aguero. Looking at the team stats it seems he didn't and so the ref hadn't seen it. This could mean retrospective action

Oh purlease, that wasn't an elbow, it was a solid shoulder challenge and Aguero was hamming it up for the ref claiming he'd been hit in the head. You could clearly see on the replays he was simply trying to pull a fast one.

Sometimes I don't know when you are just being a wind up merchant, or when you are just being a total clown. I think the latter in this instance.

If that had have happened to one of you nancies, Wenger would have still been throwing water bottles now.

Sometimes I don't know when you are just being a wind up merchant, or when you are just being a total clown. I think the latter in this instance.

If that had have happened to one of you nancies, Wenger would have still been throwing water bottles now.

Bullshit.

I've been trying to find some video of it to prove the point, but no-one even considers it worth posting.

The officials got that spot on, in fact I would have booked Aguero for simulation, right out of the Rivaldo book of cheats that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c17aeF7JxAg

I see Stoke played Odemwenge from the start even though he has only just signed for them but only brought Guidetti on at 90+1 minutes. What on earth can he prove in 2 minutes? City need to tell Stoke to eff off and bring him back

Hughes' petty revenge.

I see Stoke played Odemwenge from the start even though he has only just signed for them but only brought Guidetti on at 90+1 minutes. What on earth can he prove in 2 minutes? City need to tell Stoke to eff off and bring him back

Hughes' petty revenge.

Could be jelly. Stoke are playing United on saturday. It would be nice for Guidetti to play in that and get a goal or two biggrin.png

Bullshit.

I've been trying to find some video of it to prove the point, but no-one even considers it worth posting.

The officials got that spot on, in fact I would have booked Aguero for simulation, right out of the Rivaldo book of cheats that one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c17aeF7JxAg

You really are a clown, who obviously knows little about football.

It was a deliberate elbow, that caught him flush on.

biggrin.png

Nice little piece in the Mirror on Ian Holloway's view of FFP and Sheikh Mansour.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/spending-football-gone-mad---3104343

What a douche. He clearly doesn't understand what "Financial FAIR PLAY" is supposed to be about.

Then again, neither it seems does Platini.

So whats FFP, then?

Overcharge your fans, intimate you will buy a top class player, then not even make a bid for him, and bring in a player on loan who isnt even fit and wont be for at least 6 weeks??cheesy.gif

You are as clueless as your whinging and whining manager.

I thought Holloway made some decent points, but of course you wouldnt see that.

Heh it's the truth all right and the future of the game barring an absolutely great chairman and manager. but its not just about money....maybe it will be in a generation though......

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Good article jack thumbsup.gif The comments Jose made the other day, especially when it was him who spent the bladdy money, was hypocrisy at it's very best.

• Like 1

Oh jaysus, quoting a die hard small club man - which wouldn't be that bad if it wasn't the one that bought Tevez illegally and got Sheff United relegated.

Don't you love journalists with ethics?

cheesy.gif

Oh, and read on: Can't you just tell he's mates with Andy "Get your tits out" Gray as well.

Edited by Chicog