Manchester City

mrbojangles

Go back to the thread.

You suggested that if Courtois stopped us in the CL, Abramovich would take a very dim view of it, despite my suggestion that Mourinho would say this guy is a bldy good gk.

My reading of that is it is divisive for Chelsea management and insulting towards Abramovich.

Up to you.

Call me oversensitive but I don't like it.

My view was that it's just putting the player in a difficult position and still do. Didn't watch the match the other night so don't know if he pulled off anything spectacular or not.

As for being insulting towards Abramovich. The guy didn't get where he is today without being a winner and if one of his own staff stopped him getting one of the biggest prizes in football, then yeah, I do think he'd take a dim view of it. But I could be wrong. Either way, I doubt he cares one jot what I say or think.

• Like 2

Courtois is a bldy good gk and he stops footballs. Simple.

We want him back.

Tomorrow we do our best against Liverpool and on Wednesday we do our best against Atletico Madrid.

Courtois, Cech and Scwarhzer stop footballs. Marmite Mourhino does the team and the tactics. Roman Abramovich supplies the funds.

Dead simple. But tricky achieving it.

wai2.gif

Could you please stop flooding every thread, everyday with Chelsea and Mourinho subject matter...You have a thread for this, put it in there.

Understood Bob.

Problem is Mourinho pops up everywhere.

But I'll do me best.

smile.png

wai2.gif

• Like 1

My view was that it's just putting the player in a difficult position and still do. Didn't watch the match the other night so don't know if he pulled off anything spectacular or not.

As for being insulting towards Abramovich. The guy didn't get where he is today without being a winner and if one of his own staff stopped him getting one of the biggest prizes in football, then yeah, I do think he'd take a dim view of it. But I could be wrong. Either way, I doubt he cares one jot what I say or think.

Final comment from me mrbj on this matter:

Forward looking business managers don't cut the legs off good staff.

We will play football against City, and I'm pretty confident we will achieve more.

smile.png

Final comment from me "mrbj on this matter:"

Forward looking business managers don't cut the legs off good staff.

We will play football against City, and I'm pretty confident we will achieve more.

smile.png

Thank goodness clap2.gif jUST a pity about your last 4 words.w00t.gif Then It would then have been a perfect POST. biggrin.pngcoffee1.gif

BT biggrin.png Come on the Pool. wai.gif

Howard Webb is the most over rated ref ever!!

He really is p!ss poor. No consistency.

He books Zabba for his first tackle in the game. He only warns Jerome for a disgraceful dive and then lets him get away with a bad tackle.

Nasri gets took out right in front of him, and he doesnt even give a foul!!

Anyway Yaya 2-0... looking good.

• Like 1

A strange notion, but I'd be half tempted to sub out Zabaleta for the second period. He's already on a yellow and has that hellbent Zabba look about him tonight.

Nah, hes used to it. Gets booked almost every game!laugh.png

But if we get a 3rd, I would like to see Richards at some stage. I am guessing Yaya will be off after an hour for Fernandhino.

You've blown it ya chumps!....I almost said chimps but I don't wanna get bashed by a five yr old.....;-)

Are you losing it Smokes ?? Are on P45 wavelength w00t.gif OR Leo ?? thumbsup.gif

BT biggrin.png

Might have had a libation or two....I take it back mrboj....go on and win this bloody league!

• Like 2

Came out tonight with the pressure on their shoulders and to be honest didn't show it. Totally professional performance for such an important game against an on form team. Toure's goal was class and a special mention to Garcia who looked in control and Demechellis worked is socks off. Well done all round from all I think.

Pleased that the Liverpool slip keeps you in the frame and up for Everton next week! Yaya can strike a ball with the kind of finesse of Menhuin playing the fiddle!

Yeah. Yaya's goal was sublime. I honestly don't know how he keeps the ball glued to his feet and looks like he's cantering but out runs someone who is sprinting alongside him.

Pleased that the Liverpool slip keeps you in the frame and up for Everton next week! Yaya can strike a ball with the kind of finesse of Menhuin playing the fiddle!

Yep.

Absolute magic is Yaya.

Strings, wind and brass...all in one.

And a conductor too!

World Class.

thumbsup.gif