Manchester City

mrbojangles

50m quid?

I bet the raghead is haggling with them already.

"I give you 20 dirhams....".

biggrin.png

I think they might mean it this time chicog.

PSG also being looked at. BIG spenders.

Liverpool escape scrutiny until 2015 cos they haven't been in the CL. (facepalm.gifbiggrin.png ).

But they made 90mil loss over the last 2 seasons, so... need to be a bit careful in the transfer window. smile.png

Good news, Chelski in the clear. Abramovich may be rich but he's not stupid.

smile.png

£83M - over 3 seasons - need to inject £44M of debt free cash before 31/12/14

• Like 1

Thanks Bob.

I read this article that said if the owners can afford it, no problem.

So tbh I'm a bit confused cos the arab and the russian can definitely afford it.

Debt free cash round the royal cat's neck.

facepalm.gif

Surely when the criteria and aim , is 2 promote clubs to be responsible more with cash, to go and fine them an absurd amount of money hardly seems appropriate, but then some sides of football have never really made much sense.

I'll have to get my head around this FFP stuff because at the moment I'm totally confused.

City and PSG are under scrutiny with possible fines and squad limitations in the CL.

Abramovich apparently has been operating a system from about 2010 that complies with the FFP regulations.

But we do spend a lot of money in the transfer market.

But same rules for Arsenal and Spurs too. Their gripe is 'we don't have the money.'

Dunno. I need to look into this more thoroughly.

I'll have to get my head around this FFP stuff because at the moment I'm totally confused.

City and PSG are under scrutiny with possible fines and squad limitations in the CL.

Abramovich apparently has been operating a system from about 2010 that complies with the FFP regulations.

But same rules for Arsenal and Spurs too. Their gripe is 'we don't have the money.'

The 'gripe' is that idiots like Abrahamovich and the Shaikh throw money around and force all the other clubs to compete, even if it means them going into debt.

Chelsea don't make a profit. They've made continual losses and the Russian pulls accounting tricks to turn debt into shares in holding companies and crap like that.

What UEFA have said is essentially that clubs are not allowed to spend themselves into debt.

What they actually enforce is another thing altogether.

• Like 1

The 'gripe' is that idiots like Abrahamovich and the Shaikh throw money around and force all the other clubs to compete, even if it means them going into debt.

Chelsea don't make a profit. They've made continual losses and the Russian pulls accounting tricks to turn debt into shares in holding companies and crap like that.

What UEFA have said is essentially that clubs are not allowed to spend themselves into debt.

What a load of cobblers! Chelsea made a profit in 2011/2012. An astonishing £1.4m!!!!

FFP is a disaster from start to finish.

FFP facepalm.gif

Like others have said already, very easy for clubs to manipulate their profit and loss accounts.

Seems there are 2 reasons for FFP:

1. To avoid clubs with big money dominating everything.

2. To help clubs not overspend themselves and get into debt.

My guess is the UEFA boys are more concerned about number 1. Why not let the clubs manage their own affairs? It's their business not UEFA's. Do Henry, Glazer, etc need UEFA interference. Same with the owners of the smaller clubs.

BUT I do appreciate the need to avoid smaller clubs trying to compete with the big boys and get into financial difficulty.

So my solution would be to simply put a cap on the amount ANY club can spend on their squad booth in terms of purchase value and wages.

The same cap for all clubs irrespective of how much profit they make.

Clubs like Chelsea and City would therefore have to considerably reduce their squad value and wages to make it fairer for the poorer clubs.

In other words level the playing field by putting a realistic cap on squad value and wages.

Dunno. Might be total ballacks. I'd have to think more about the implications for sponsors and their efforts to build global brands based on highly successful football teams.

Bring back the 20 pound maximum wage. biggrin.png

Stop the January transfer window, I don't think it's fair that some teams can (supposedly) make vast improvements half way when others can't.

Go with what you have at the start of the season and if misfortune happens then so be it, let's see how you have developed the reserve side.

I would perhaps make an allowance for a goalkeeper, provided it was because the current one is injured, not because you want a better one.

Having said that, PL teams should have a decent reserve keeper that would benefit from experience.

It's designed to stop any of the smaller clubs entering the clique. It's more akin to monopolisation than FFP. If you are already a big club and generating big money then you are ok but like in any business, someone who wants to compete with the big names has to invest a bigger % of turnover to play catch up.

Due to FFP coming in, City had no choice but to accelerate their spending and that's why the spent big in the first year of the Abu Dhabi take over. But they won't spend like that again.

It's designed to stop any of the smaller clubs entering the clique. It's more akin to monopolisation than FFP. If you are already a big club and generating big money then you are ok but like in any business, someone who wants to compete with the big names has to invest a bigger % of turnover to play catch up.

Due to FFP coming in, City had no choice but to accelerate their spending and that's why the spent big in the first year of the Abu Dhabi take over. But they won't spend like that again.

Thanks for that MrB. I knew there had to be some other agendas involved, I just didn't know what they were.

As we suspected FFP may as well mean Frig Fap Pantaloons to obscene rich owners

not so sure on that one bangra, 50 mil's a fair old chunk by any one's standards

The Abu Dhabi Emirate is probably no bigger than Cheshire, has 0.02% of the world's population, 10% of the world's oil reserves and $1 Trillion in surplus....Frig Fap Pantaloons

• Like 1

What a load of cobblers! Chelsea made a profit in 2011/2012. An astonishing £1.4m!!!!

How gullible you are.

The club also announced that Abramovich had converted £166.6 million of loans into equity, another move intended to prepare Chelsea for the financial fair-play regime.

The figure represents the amount Abramovich has pumped into the club to cover losses since 2009, when he wrote off £710 million of loans poured in since he bought the club in July 2003.

Edited by Chicog

As we suspected FFP may as well mean Frig Fap Pantaloons to obscene rich owners

not so sure on that one bangra, 50 mil's a fair old chunk by any one's standards

The Abu Dhabi Emirate is probably no bigger than Cheshire, has 0.02% of the world's population, 10% of the world's oil reserves and $1 Trillion in surplus....Frig Fap Pantaloons

Its sovereign wealth fund is near $800 BILLION and that's just a small percentage of the oil profits.

What is the point you are making chic and do you have any solutions?

This is the Liverpool situation posted by Bob yesterday:

"£83M - over 3 seasons - need to inject £44M of debt free cash before 31/12/14."

Converting loans into equity by Abramovich seems like fair play?

He's got the money!.

OI! What are you doing deleting my post, just because you don't like it!

What post? Only myself and other Mods can delete posts. I have looked through the last day of posts on here and non have been deleted by myself or any other Mod.

"The Netherlands have friendlies against Ecuador, Ghana & Wales in the coming weeks before heading to Brazil, and Van Gaal will want to avoid distractions. However he must now also plot how to turn around the fortunes of the Premier League's most successful club and

how to spend a transfer budget estimated to be around £200m."

w00t.gif

How gullible you are.

The club also announced that Abramovich had converted £166.6 million of loans into equity, another move intended to prepare Chelsea for the financial fair-play regime.

The figure represents the amount Abramovich has pumped into the club to cover losses since 2009, when he wrote off £710 million of loans poured in since he bought the club in July 2003.

Yeah, yeah, so gullible. Where did you get your info from? My info from the BBC is obviously just for idiots.

As I said before, I don't give a monkeys how much Roman spends as long as we win trophies. £1billion? Could be £200billion for all I care. You just stay happy knowing your football club is primarily a business and the bottom line is all that matters.

Sport is about winning. It was why it was invented.