Manchester City

mrbojangles

Let's go again:

The likes of Real, Barca, Chelski, Man Citeh and now Monaco and PSG are artificially inflating player prices because they don't care about what they spend, and they don't care if they lose money.

In order to compete, other teams have to spend the same money which means either

(1) They don't, and therefore don't compete; or

(2) They do, and if they can't afford it, eventually go tits up (remember Leeds?).

The only way these oligarchs and shaikhs will stop treating football like their personal plaything is if they are thrown out of the Champions League. Which is what UEFA said it would do.

But of course, Platini's bottled it.

So the whole FFP thing has become a Platini fundraising exercise. I mean if he can squeeze 50m out of one club for his vote buying antics, he's doing OK isn't he?

• Like 2

But hasn't this always been the case? When I started supporting Chelsea they couldn't financially compete with Liverpool - the top team at the time. Same goes for when United became top dog.

The case of money being a dominant factor is hardly new is it?

• Like 1

But hasn't this always been the case? When I started supporting Chelsea they couldn't financially compete with Liverpool - the top team at the time. Same goes for when United became top dog.

That's because they had a succession of crap managers.

They had a stadium in London the size of Anfield. The TV money was the same (miniscule).

It was hardly financial.

You just had crap managers and didn't win very much.

You weren't outspending Liverpool when Vialli was winning things and they weren't, were you?

Let's go again:

The likes of Real, Barca, Chelski, Man Citeh and now Monaco and PSG are artificially inflating player prices because they don't care about what they spend, and they don't care if they lose money.

Don't totally agree chicog. Teams with more money can buy the current TOP players. Granted.

BUT. How much is Suarez worth now if he was sold on? How much is Sterling and Sturridge current market value? Top scoring team in the EPL didn't cost a shed load of money.

City's did though because their policy is to buy the best available on the market at the time.

Liverpool are fighting City for the title.

City are on a policy of buy the best.

Everton and Southampton are good examples of teams doing well with a squad of players who are basically financially appreciating.

Southampton are likely to lose their stars for big money mind.

City cannot continue their policy. UEFA are looking at it. Same with PSG.

Total amount of money spent on new players needs to be capped imho.

biggrin.png

Let's go again:

Don't totally agree chicog. Teams with more money can buy the current TOP players. Granted

Suarez will go for a fortune - to a club that don't care if puts them in the red because they'll get the money from a source other than their revenue.

That's the whole bloody point of FFP.

• Like 2

Real and Barca aside, the rest are only new kids on the block driving up prices. Who was responsible for all of the bank breaking, record breaking transfers and sky high wage fees prior to the Oil guys arriving?

The first ever three-figure transfer fee was the £100 paid by Aston Villa in 1893 for Willie Groves. So they started it. wink.png

1928 Arsenal paid the first ever £10,000 fee to acquire David Jack of Bolton Wanderers. Not long after you broke the bank again for Brynn Jones. So your not squeaky clean in all his wink.png

Man United have signed record breaking transfers several times. etc, etc.

The point I'm making is that it's been going on for time eternal and those without money had to put up with it. All of a sudden (even though you have just burst the bank doing the same thing with Ozil) you consider it a dirty thing, ruining football and those Oil guys are obscene for bringing their money. I consider what your complaining about is a contradiction in terms.

In order to compete, other teams have to spend the same money which means either

(1) They don't, and therefore don't compete; or

(2) They do, and if they can't afford it, eventually go tits up (remember Leeds?).

They've always had to do that. Hence why it's been virtually the same teams fighting at the top for so many years. And it's those very same clubs who don't like it now they are getting booted off their perches.

So the whole FFP thing has become a Platini fundraising exercise.

On that we agree

• Like 1

Exactomundo thumbsup.gif

the financial difference between clubs back then was miniscule. no sky TV money, no worldwide endorsements, christ, we'd only just entered the world of on-shirt sponsors. money wasn't anything remotely like the factor back then that it is now.

• Like 2

biggrin.png

Let's go again:

Don't totally agree chicog. Teams with more money can buy the current TOP players. Granted

Suarez will go for a fortune - to a club that don't care if puts them in the red because they'll get the money from a source other than their revenue.

That's the whole bloody point of FFP.

EXACTLY. AGREE. That's why I say UEFA should cap total spend on new players.

Low budget Liverpool are just about hanging on to City's shirt tails.

The Sheik's EXTRAVAGANCE is giving him MARGINAL BENEFIT.

But he'll probably just about nick it.

From ups Guardian article;

"PSG's coach, Laurent Blanc, said the proposed sanctions would limit his ability to compete in the Champions League and would force him to be prudent in the transfer market. "We'll have to target things well and be smart," he said. "We'll have to be very precise in order to improve this team but I think we can and we will."

WHAT THE HELL IS BRENDAN RODGERS THINKING!!!!!!

BLANC AND BRENDAN IN THE SAME BOAT.thumbsup.gif

I look forward to Liverpool beating PSG.

Cos Brendan is probably a better manager.

cheesy.gif

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/06/manchester-city-consider-challenging-uefa-penalties

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/may/06/manchestercity-uefa

both from todays guardian

IMO the second gives quite an interesting view

and 8 players in the 21 will have to have trained in the country for 3 of the years between the age of 15 and 21, the money, i'm sure they can cope with, but that, will probably cause them problems.

edit

sori guys, didnt see o's link, o's is the same as the first one

Edited by rijit
  • Like 1

There is an obvious correlation between obscene wealth and winning trophies, undeniably City and Chelsea proved that.

If you go back in increments of 20 years, there have usually been between 8 and 10 different league winners since the football league inception, in the last 20 years there has been 5 and you can bet it will be shared between 3 or 4 in the next 20 years if the playing field isn't levelled a bit more. I honestly don't see the fun in your team winning everything because you have ridiculously more funds, hollow victories after a while. Maybe I would think different if the shoe was on the other foot.

Why would FFP be brought in if it was a fair?

You know guys, I am amazed....really.

City are now a midges away from winning the title and now all of a sudden the posts are coming through about City and FFP. Only a matter of time before its City have bought the title and blah blah blah.

I expected it from chiccy as he seems to have a hard on about this and is probably embarassed about the amount of money his team has wasted on the waster Ozil.

But you Liverpool boys!!!!

I am surprised.... thought you had a bit more class than that.

• Like 1

You know guys, what did it for me?

chiccys post about diamond necklaces round the royal cat's neck.

( OK I'm a chav. so i have to be careful. But if you watch abramovich at the bridge, he's into the football.

P45Mustang. Chav, no guilt.)

Enjoy the footie. That's all we got.

thumbsup.gif

Diamonds on the souls of his boots.

City are now a midges away from winning the title and now all of a sudden the posts are coming through about City and FFP. Only a matter of time before its City have bought the title and blah blah blah.

I expected it from chiccy as he seems to have a hard on about this and is probably embarassed about the amount of money his team has wasted on the waster Ozil.

To be fair JnD UEFAs fine has stirred this up.

Personally, I'm not saying you bought the league just that you have a lot of money compared to any other club and can virtually buy any player you want and FFP fines are not going to effect that. I guess if Arab owners didn't come in and buy the club you'd still be flying high now and won an FA cup and 2 titles in 3 years tongue.png. I promise I won't mention anything about buying the title this year, rather gracefully concede defeat ya rich <deleted> biggrin.png

• Like 1

ozil,,,,, a waste of money!!!!! Classcheesy.gif, how are you gonna work around the 8 players in the 21?? buy them?, oh yeah now your clubs BRILLIANTw00t.gif scam of ridiculously over valuing deals has been twigged, you may have a problem !!!!, but no worries 21 players will give u an excuse 2 stuff things up, but there again your used to that , remember u already the record of the worst ever prem clubs performance in the champions league,, so things wont get any worse,,,, unless of coarse your not so wise menclap2.gif decide to challenge the fine and get your arse kicked out of the champions leaguethumbsup.gif which,, probably after getting caught 'cheating' is what should have happened in the first place.

ozil,,,,, a waste of money!!!!! Classcheesy.gif, how are you gonna work around the 8 players in the 21?? buy them?, oh yeah now your clubs BRILLIANTw00t.gif scam of ridiculously over valuing deals has been twigged, you may have a problem !!!!, but no worries 21 players will give u an excuse 2 stuff things up, but there again your used to that , remember u already the record of the worst ever prem clubs performance in the champions league,, so things wont get any worse,,,, unless of coarse your not so wise menclap2.gif decide to challenge the fine and get your arse kicked out of the champions leaguethumbsup.gif which,, probably after getting caught 'cheating' is what should have happened in the first place.

Take you off ignore and look what happens!!rolleyes.gif

IMHO, Ozil is a lazy overrated waste of space.....

Next, please explain what you mean by............................after getting caught 'cheating' ( in English if at all possiblethumbsup.gif )

• Like 1

To be fair JnD UEFAs fine has stirred this up.

Personally, I'm not saying you bought the league just that you have a lot of money compared to any other club and can virtually buy any player you want and FFP fines are not going to effect that. I guess if Arab owners didn't come in and buy the club you'd still be flying high now and won an FA cup and 2 titles in 3 years tongue.png. I promise I won't mention anything about buying the title this year, rather gracefully concede defeat ya rich <deleted> biggrin.png

OKey Dokey!!

Just seen the Brazil squad for the WC........No Coutinho????? Amazing that.

The squad includes 2 City rejects Maicon and Jo!!!!!

How they have got in the squad I have no clue!!!

• Like 1

Take you off ignore and look what happens!!rolleyes.gif

IMHO, Ozil is a lazy overrated waste of space.....

Next, please explain what you mean by............................after getting caught 'cheating' ( in English if at all possiblethumbsup.gif )

of coarse you get into eufa team of the year 2 years in a row by being a waste of space.clap2.gif

And you fiddled the books ie cheating.

and how about the 8 players!! maybe you wont even be able to enter!!!!,clap2.gif now that would be amusing cheesy.gif

Think I need some of those false nails sticking on tomorrow

And it will be even worse next sunday.

Knowing City, it will be 0-0 after 70 minutes. Good enough to win the league, but................................................... breakaway by West Ham.

I dont even want to think about it.

At least if we know we have to win, we play differently.

Anyway, after tonight one step nearer!!

Think I need some of those false nails sticking on tomorrow

And it will be even worse next sunday.

Knowing City, it will be 0-0 after 70 minutes. Good enough to win the league, but................................................... breakaway by West Ham.

I dont even want to think about it.

At least if we know we have to win, we play differently.

Anyway, after tonight one step nearer!!

We've been wrung through the mill too often haven't we jack biggrin.png

why? it's a simple undeniable fact.

though if we're talking about class shall we discuss city fans singing about steven gerrard last night? you know, that lad who they'll all be cheering to the rooftops in brasil next month?