Manchester City

mrbojangles

Another willful performance and the ultimate victory is near !clap2.gif

Seems we got the usual sour grapes posts coming in from one club or another. Par for the course.

As for FFP, it benefits the big clubs who have already spent their big money over many years and are well established (not City), and don't want any more upstarts (City, and other clubs with the gall to challenge) cluttering up their playground. The idea that the small clubs will benefit from FFP is a delusion. Its designed to protect the old guard from any intrusions from legit wannabees.

You know how things work in football ! Why would you think FFP would be any different ?blink.png

it isn't sour grapes mate - like i said, it's a simple fact. highest-paid sports team in the world. not the NBA, not baseball, not the NFL, not barcelona, not real madrid.

if city win it'll be because they've been the best side over the 38 games. but with a wage bill like that they should be. so like i say, songs about steven gerrard when they'll be cheering him on in the world cup next month is really, really two-bob.

I wouldn't argue with you about the anti Gerrard stuff Stevie. But then doesn't every club have its own set of supporters who find a way to do something embarrassing ?

You know guys, I am amazed....really.

City are now a midges away from winning the title and now all of a sudden the posts are coming through about City and FFP. Only a matter of time before its City have bought the title and blah blah blah.

I expected it from chiccy as he seems to have a hard on about this and is probably embarassed about the amount of money his team has wasted on the waster Ozil.

But you Liverpool boys!!!!

I am surprised.... thought you had a bit more class than that.

why? it's a simple undeniable fact.

though if we're talking about class shall we discuss city fans singing about steven gerrard last night? you know, that lad who they'll all be cheering to the rooftops in brasil next month?

Yeh like Liverpool fans would never sing about an English player playing for another team...........Rooney? Gary Neville? Theres 2 off the top of my head.

Difference is, the City fans WILL cheer on Gerard as what they were singing was football banter. And I would say deep down most City supporters, certainly the ones I know, think Gerard is a magnificent player. Its not about hate.

is that the same with Liverpool fans re Rooney and Neville??

• Like 1

it isn't sour grapes mate - like i said, it's a simple fact. highest-paid sports team in the world. not the NBA, not baseball, not the NFL, not barcelona, not real madrid.

if city win it'll be because they've been the best side over the 38 games. but with a wage bill like that they should be. so like i say, songs about steven gerrard when they'll be cheering him on in the world cup next month is really, really two-bob.

I wouldn't argue with you about the anti Gerrard stuff Stevie. But then doesn't every club have its own set of supporters who find a way to do something embarrassing ?

oh aye, granted. i'm just a little bit raw at the minute mate. mate of mine was at anfield for the liverpool - chelsea match and saw a lad with a liverpool/chelsea half and half scarf. i mean what the <deleted>?

• Like 2

oh aye, granted. i'm just a little bit raw at the minute mate. mate of mine was at anfield for the liverpool - chelsea match and saw a lad with a liverpool/chelsea half and half scarf. i mean what the <deleted>?

Understood Stevie. If I was a Liverpool fan I'd be raw as well given you came so close. And, it ain't over yet.

City are now a midges away from winning the title and now all of a sudden the posts are coming through about City and FFP. Only a matter of time before its City have bought the title and blah blah blah.

I expected it from chiccy as he seems to have a hard on about this and is probably embarassed about the amount of money his team has wasted on the waster Ozil.

though if we're talking about class shall we discuss city fans singing about steven gerrard last night? you know, that lad who they'll all be cheering to the rooftops in brasil next month?

Yeh like Liverpool fans would never sing about an English player playing for another team...........Rooney? Gary Neville? Theres 2 off the top of my head.

Difference is, the City fans WILL cheer on Gerard as what they were singing was football banter. And I would say deep down most City supporters, certainly the ones I know, think Gerard is a magnificent player. Its not about hate.

liverpool fans don't support england. ;)

• Like 1

liverpool fans don't support england. wink.png

My bad!!

Forgot!! Subjects to stay away from.... Maggie Thatcher and the England football team...... oh and Roy Hodgsonlaugh.png

Top of the league for less than 2 weeks the entire season and now you're 2 points clear with one match to play. Unbelievable.

But it'd be far more unbelievable if Liverpool would've won it this year...

Don't slip up on Sunday!

I'm praying for a daft red card or two from one of your players against West Ham.

Yep. in the cold light of day....can't argue with that one.

Goals galore

Man City are only the second team in Premier League history to score 100+ goals in a single season (after Chelsea in 09-10).

Fair Play.

thumbsup.gif

Goals galore

Man City are only the second team in Premier League history to score 100+ goals in a single season (after Chelsea in 09-10).

Fair Play.

thumbsup.gif

Fair play?

Negredo 16m+add ons

Jovetic 22m

Toure 24m

Dzeko 27m

Aguero 38m

Yeah right.

cheesy.gif

Goals galore

Fair Play.

thumbsup.gif

You always manage to bring it back to your team, me, me, me....the is City's hour P-4, let the peacock parade it's trillion dollar designer feathers tongue.pngwink.png

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

Loads of respect due to Pellegrini by the way. Been nothing but dignified, professional and likeable all season.

I often wish he had a better command of the language so we might get a bit more insight into his thinking. But given his reluctance to give anything away, or appear to be an ass wipe, it probably wouldn't make any difference.thumbsup.gif

And I agree, he is a very dignified and likeable fellow.

"From a neutral's point of view I think everybody would like to see Liverpool win it, and from a personal point of view I'd like to see Steven Gerrard win it," said the West Ham manager.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/premier-league-title-race-west-ham-will-try-and-spoil-the-manchester-city-party-because-everyone-wants-liverpool-to-win-it-9346490.html

Arsène Wenger says Manchester City should be excluded from Champions League after breaking FFP rules Arsène Wenger believes there is 'something wrong' that a team breaking rules can win the Premier League

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/arsenal/10817858/Arsene-Wenger-says-Manchester-City-should-be-excluded-from-Champions-League-after-breaking-FFP-rules.html

Arsène Wenger says Manchester City should be excluded from Champions League after breaking FFP rules Arsène Wenger believes there is 'something wrong' that a team breaking rules can win the Premier League

To be honest I wouldn't care if they kicked us out. I would sooner do that than yield to Platini's extortion tactics. Of course it's great to play against the best in Europe but it will put a lot of strain on the reduced squad we can enter with, which would ultimately affect next years premier league. If I had to choose I would prefer to challenge for winning the prem than getting to the last 16 or whatever of the Champs League. The EPL is far more important to me.

What I do object to is that muppet poking his nose in. Why doesn't he just carry on throwing tantrums at his own team? Fine, he goes on about rules (which have only just been introduced) which we have allegedly broke, ok we'll have the punishment but we haven't broke any FA rules and yet he's trying to link the two. I despise the guy with all his whinging and wish he would just stick to matters which are internal to him.

• Like 1

Fair points from mrbojangles I reckon.

CL big earner for City though, plus global visibility.

Immeasurable the revenue generation.

But we'd also save 50mil by shoving two fingers up at them. Don't know what the earnings difference would be though.

• Like 1

To be honest I wouldn't care if they kicked us out. I would sooner do that than yield to Platini's extortion tactics. Of course it's great to play against the best in Europe but it will put a lot of strain on the reduced squad we can enter with, which would ultimately affect next years premier league. If I had to choose I would prefer to challenge for winning the prem than getting to the last 16 or whatever of the Champs League. The EPL is far more important to me.

What I do object to is that muppet poking his nose in. Why doesn't he just carry on throwing tantrums at his own team? Fine, he goes on about rules (which have only just been introduced) which we have allegedly broke, ok we'll have the punishment but we haven't broke any FA rules and yet he's trying to link the two. I despise the guy with all his whinging and wish he would just stick to matters which are internal to him.

Don't be a &lt;deleted&gt; MrBo, he was asked a question at a press conference and he answered it.

That is hardly "going on about it", it's the press that do that.

As far as the EPL is concerned, he has commented on sky-high spending by billionaires using Premier League clubs as playthings since Abrahamovich started doing it.

And the FFP rules haven't "just been introduced", try and keep up. They were agreed in 2009 and implemented (supposedly) in 2011/12.

If you don't know what you are talking about, best to wind your neck in.

And perhaps reading the article would help as well instead of throwing your toys out of the pram.

As I've said, the ridiculous spending of clubs like yours is putting player costs up for all teams and putting them all at risk; that is why FFP was invented.

I realise it doesn't suit you to not have someone billionaire squandering hundreds of millions of pounds on players so you can buy trophies, but if you were to try and be objective you would see that it is unsustainable.

He makes some perfectly reasonable comments:

There’s two ways of thinking about the whole process. You can say, ‘We don’t care, we want the billionaires to buy the big players, they spend what they want’, or you say, ‘We want to keep things fair’.

“Basically if you say to me tomorrow we give everybody £100 million in the 20 Premier League clubs, I say, ‘OK, I’ll take the gamble’. That is a fair competition.

“The unfair thing is the inflation can be too big and it can put too much pressure on the clubs who do not have these resources to overpay their players.”

Asked if the answer would be to publish the salaries of players, Wenger said: “Basically it comes to that.”

• Like 1