Manchester City

mrbojangles

Manchester City? Who was their best player? Toure. My brother's and I had an argument about who was City's best player last season. We agreed there wasn't a stand out player like Zaba the previous season. My younger brother thought it was Yaya, I thought it was Silva (Yaya only plays when it suits him), older brother sat on the fence. What did you blues think?

As you say, there wasn't a stand out IMO either. Too difficult to pick from Kompany, Zabba, Silva and Toure. But hey, it's not about an individual, it's about a squad.

The 27-year-old has been rewarded for an excellent season with a new deal, which ties him to City until 2019 and will see him pocket £175,000-a-week.

Nah, I''m not having that. It''s journo sensationalisation garbage,

"It's exactly what I wanted when I joined this club and I am very happy that I found an agreement and I hope that we can continue to win titles

"I'm 27 now and if you listen to some of the best managers in the game, they say that a midfield player's best years are between 27 and 30 so I hope that I will give my best years to City."

http://www.espnfc.com/barclays-premier-league/story/1943720/samir-nasri-signs-new-five-year-manchester-city-contract

More money than sense! biggrin.png

Yaya has handed in a transfer request s gaining massive momentum on twitter.....twitter used to be good for transfer windows but too many knob trolls, you can't take it serious

Even if it is true, it's probably only because he wants more of those stolen petrodollars.

wink.png

• Like 1

Inter chief: City told us Jovetic is not for sale

City forward Stevan Jovetic is "not for sale" this summer, according to Inter sporting director Piero Ausilio.

The Montenegrin endured a difficult first season in England, making just two Premier League starts during an injury-hit campaign.

As a result, Jovetic has been linked with a return to Italy, where he starred with Fiorentina before his big-money move to the Etihad Stadium.

But Ausilio has revealed that an enquiry from Inter was immediately dismissed by the Blues.

"To be completely honest with you we did contact Man City and they told us he's not for sale," he said.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/manchester-city-transfers-stevan-jovetic-7412705

Interesting. I've always thunk players should be on lower wages and get bonuses for winning. Looks like doing this will also conform to FFP.

Manchester City star Samir Nasri to take a huge pay cut at the Etihad

Nasri will earn less basic but will pocket more with bonuses.

The former Arsenal star is on £160k-a-week at the Premier League champions but will take a drop to secure a new four-year deal.

City have been moving towards a lower salary scale - but will compensate the squad with huge bonuses for success.

And Nasri, 27, is confident City will continue to be successful.

Bonus schemes aren’t factored into UEFA’s Financial Fair Play system, either, as they aren’t guaranteed.

Meanwhile, Sergio Aguero has put his World Cup injury nightmare behind him to focus on winning more trophies when he gets back to Manchester City.

The Argentina striker has struggled with a thigh muscle injury in Brazil.

But he said: “ I will be back even stronger to win more trophies.”

True.

Loophole round FFP.

Payment on results.

Sensible approach.

<deleted> is it a sensible approach !!completely the opposite

the idea is to keep football finances in check and stop clubs creating an elite fueled by running clubs into unsustainable debt

clubs finding loopholes aint doing that

all of football loses in the end.

and yeah , i can almost feel u all coming out with bullshit arguments , justifying this sort of behavior,

bottom line it ain't good for ALL of football and led by man city's mindless selfish short term thoughtless ignorant antics,,, yet again .

bottom line it ain't good for ALL of football and led by man city's mindless selfish short term thoughtless ignorant antics,,, yet again .

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yeah right. Now City are to blame for introducing bonus payments cos they've never been in existence before. cheesy.gif

• Like 1

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Yeah right. Now City are to blame for introducing bonus payments cos they've never been in existence before. cheesy.gif

No what man city are doing is trying to find a way around ffp. post-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gif

Ah yes ! I've been waiting for a new CB to be put on display. Hope it gets done.clap2.gif

cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

No what man city are doing is trying to find a way around ffp. post-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gifpost-4641-1156693976.gif

One more red card and I would have thought you were serious.laugh.png

I don't see spurs as contenders so i'm more fcking worried about mrbojangles team.

Got it smokie.

I ain't confident about UNITED, Liverpool, or Wenger's lot either to be totally frank.

I don't see your small team as contenders either....more boring football at your shed ground.

In spite of the multi millions spent we have yet to see beautiful football at either Chavski or City.

It does perplex me....how can you spend so much and STILL not play superb football?

• Like 1

I don't see spurs as contenders so i'm more fcking worried about mrbojangles team.

Got it smokie.

I ain't confident about UNITED, Liverpool, or Wenger's lot either to be totally frank.

I don't see your small team as contenders either....more boring football at your shed ground.

In spite of the multi millions spent we have yet to see beautiful football at either Chavski or City.

It does perplex me....how can you spend so much and STILL not play superb football?

I wouldn't give Baldini a job as my chauffeur.

Like it or not P45 your boring team will be sending everyone to sleep again this season.

Liverpool at least will be entertaining....Man yoo will be a joke....City will try to play decent stuff....give up in December and win the league.

Us and the gormless will fight it out for 4th as usual.

• Like 1

Yaya's annoying agent:

"I agree with Jose Mourinho when he said that the Player of the Year should come from the team that wins the title. I have very much respect for Suarez and Gerrard, but what Yaya did from midfield, not often a player can do this."Who was the best team this year? Manchester City? Who was their best player? Toure. Gerrard is really good but Liverpool finished second in the league and Yaya is third (in the FWA vote)."

Manchester City? Who was their best player? Toure. My brother's and I had an argument about who was City's best player last season. We agreed there wasn't a stand out player like Zaba the previous season. My younger brother thought it was Yaya, I thought it was Silva (Yaya only plays when it suits him), older brother sat on the fence. What did you blues think?

Toure without question for me. I love Silva but Toure was a cut above.

Toure's agent though is a bag of shit.

The reason I disagree is that Silva PLAYS to his max in every game he plays while Yaya plays in only the big games...Silva is a top player who plays for the team while Yaya is a bit of a prima donnna (reminds me of Schmiechel...never his fault even when it clearly was)...at the end of last season when we'd lost it, it was Silvas performances as the no.10 behind Dzeki that kept us in it.

I'm flying back to Manchester tonight for a quick week. Will have to fit some time in to get to the stadium and see what's new in the store.

Here's the new home shirt

attachicon.gifplain shirt shot resized.jpg

You pulling your stomach in, Mr.B? laugh.png

Ripped I am Ups. Ripped. tongue.png

Guess you've done the Etihad Stadium tour already, but if not, find the time as it's excellent.

Got it smokie.

If goals reflect bootiful football then Chelski are top scorers in a premier season and City are 2nd a goal behind them. Ill leave the chelski lover on here to talk about his team, but the football being played by City the past few seasons has been VERY entertaining.

Pleased to see Liverpool have sold Suarez, surely the most feared player in the Premier last season. Reckon they've def weakened themselves and given the rest of us an advantage over them. If they'd kept him a season longer, added a bit more quality, then would have been the time to sell. CHEERS!

I'm flying back to Manchester tonight for a quick week. Will have to fit some time in to get to the stadium and see what's new in the store.

Here's the new home shirt

attachicon.gifplain shirt shot resized.jpg

You pulling your stomach in, Mr.B? laugh.png

Ripped I am Ups. Ripped. tongue.png

Guess you've done the Etihad Stadium tour already, but if not, find the time as it's excellent.

I did a tour of the Brewdog pub's taps recently.....that was better. w00t.gif

Got it smokie.

If goals reflect bootiful football then Chelski are top scorers in a premier season and City are 2nd a goal behind them. Ill leave the chelski lover on here to talk about his team, but the football being played by City the past few seasons has been VERY entertaining.

We will have to agree to disagree then.....I'm hoping someone will set the premiership alight again soon.....maybe the German team ethic will light the bulbs around the country......