Manchester City

mrbojangles

Don't see your point #Redobsessedwithfatfrank

All Pellegringi said is "He has a loan just until the end of December and there is another club involved. The MLS is involved also.

"There are a lot of parties with an arrangement. It's not just depending on one opinion.

"If he can finish the year here, better - but I think that the MLS is a very important league also and I think that Frank Lampard will be very happy in the United States."

So there we have it. Pellegrini would like to extend the loan but he knows it's not up to him

As soon as he was made manager of Inter, I came on here and said Nastasic would be one of his first signings.

Remember it was Mancini that broke up the Kompany/Lescott partnership, so I know he rates him.

Will be good to see him get some gametime.

As soon as he was made manager of Inter, I came on here and said Nastasic would be one of his first signings.

Remember it was Mancini that broke up the Kompany/Lescott partnership, so I know he rates him.

Will be good to see him get some gametime.

I hope you mean game time with us jack and not at Inter. tongue.png

With the injury to Serg I've had to submerse myself in fixtures, stats and blah blah blah to find an FF replacement with all that dosh. Figured I'd take a punt on Edin Dzeko over the festive season, the stage is perfectly set for him and it left me enough change to draft Silva and Baines in, thank you Serg thumbsup.gif sad I know

Can the same individual own two football clubs at the same time?

Ownership of football clubs and the integrity of the competition

One of the key aspects of the sporting world is to protect the integrity of the competition. If there is not a fair competition in the sporting context then this completely overshadows the sporting contest.It is therefore felt that if two football clubs are playing in the same competition and are owned by the same person or business this could have an adverse effect on the competition diminishing the integrity of the competition. As a consequence the same individual or business entity is unable to own two clubs playing in the same competition.

Manchester City...NY City...Melbourne City do not play in the same competition = no conflict or breaking of rules = NO PROBLEM!

City have used the purchase of NYC to get Lampard and get around the FFP ban on them that was imposed by then loaning him to there parent club.

Whether you boys like it or not it stinks a little that they have been allowed to do this,although i agree no law is yet in place worldwide.

It will be interesting when the MLS starts to see if Frankie boy is sent back or told to stay,i am sure the bods are keeping a keen eye on you.

There is a fine line in owning two or more clubs and using a player only just signed and loaned to one from the other to get around a ban imposed for breaking the laws.

Sorry but you continue to be wrong on this until such time as the Premier, FA, EUFA or any other relevant governing football body deems that we are in the wrong and have infringed the laws, but to the best of my knowledge they haven't therefore the loan of Lampard from NYCFC to MCFC is LEGITIMATE. Stop your whinging.

Pellegrini keen to keep Lampard at Manchester City

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini wants to retain the services of on-loan midfielder Frank Lampard and hopes for a quick decision on his future.

Lampard, 36, is currently on loan from City's sister club New York City until the end of December.

Pellegrini said: "I think Frank is a very important player for us and I hope we will not have any problems for him to stay here.

"I hope we can have a decision as soon as possible."

Lampard, 36, who joined New York after being released by Chelsea at the end of last season, is due to start pre-season training with his new club ahead of their first season in Major League Soccer, which begins on March.

But with City midfielder and Ivory Coast international Yaya Toure set to miss a number of games from early January due his involvement in the Africa Cup of Nations, City are keen to extend Lampard's stay at the Etihad Stadium until the end of the season.

Pellegrini added: "He has a loan just until the end of December and there is another club involved. The MLS is involved also.

"There are a lot of parties with an arrangement. It's not just depending on one opinion.

"If he can finish the year here, better - but I think that the MLS is a very important league also and I think that Frank Lampard will be very happy in the United States."

Former England international Lampard has so far made 13 appearances for City, starting four games and scoring five goals.

Now then gentleman i hope that you are not wearing those blue tinted spectacles and can clearly see the conflict of interest in this deal now!!

If it was any other straight forward loan he would be bound by his contract to return to the club he signed for especially as he hasn't even trained with them yet...but....

Nope, don't see a conflict of interest but suggest you might get more joy with this if you take over to the manu forum. Bye.

Dzeko a late scratch ? Pozo starts.

No Jovetic. No forward to come on. Zaba had his day off cancelled to sit on the bench.

We've been rubbish 4/10. Totally flat. Sagna has been awful, why can't he go down the line. Nasri gone missing apart from the goal. No width. No snap.

Will we get out of jail?

Dzeko a late scratch ? Pozo starts.

No Jovetic. No forward to come on. Zaba had his day off cancelled to sit on the bench.

We've been rubbish 4/10. Totally flat. Sagna has been awful, why can't he go down the line. Nasri gone missing apart from the goal. No width. No snap.

Will we get out of jail?

Not really so bad BB. City up a goal essentially playing with 10 men. Pozo looks like a fish on land.

Ground it out. Lord's Mayors parade kind of game.

Embarrassing now for the management that we only have 3 forwards and a boy.

I think we have a few player's carrying knocks like nando who was sat on a hot waterbottle, Silva looked shaky at the end, but we came through it...still hanging in there.

I'll take that 3 points and with the injuries we have (and Kompany again), I think we'll be seeing a few more ground out performances like that over the next few weeks. With no Aguero, Dzecko or Jovetic, we really shouldn't have had any high expectations

Pozo is definitely not showing any positive signs and I don't know how long he'll get to try and prove himself. He must be showing something in training but I just can't see anything. We might as well have played with ten men today.

• Like 2

"Edin has a muscle injury in his calf so maybe both will be more than a couple of weeks. We must find a reason why. It is very unlucky to have three strikers with muscle injuries."It's difficult because we have to play a lot of games. We will see with Vincent but I think it will be difficult for them to both play again this year. JOVETIC may be out for a few weeks."

With the injury to Serg I've had to submerse myself in fixtures, stats and blah blah blah to find an FF replacement with all that dosh. Figured I'd take a punt on Edin Dzeko over the festive season, the stage is perfectly set for him and it left me enough change to draft Silva and Baines in, thank you Serg thumbsup.gif sad I know

Thanks, mate.

Now I know why wilai takes the p!ss out of you with the fantasy football!!!

Dzeko injured in the warm up!!!

When I saw the original line up, I couldnt believe why Vinnie and Silva were playing.

Freezing cold day in Leicester is not an ideal first game back for Vinnie. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that but it was an accident waiting to happen. Silva and Kompany did not need to play in that game. And now look what has happened.

As for Pozo. If thats the best we have in our youth rank, then God help us!!!

I remember years ago a young right back ( cant remember his name) playing a premier league game. He was awful. Never played a first team game again.

I have seen Pozo twice now and I dont see what he brings to the table. Like BJ says, he must be showing something, but for me he is lightweight and just goes missing. It really was like playing with 10 men yesterday.

I guess at the moment we just have to scrap and fight until the New Year when hopefully some of these injuries will clear up.

But that injury to Vinnie was unneccssary

After several very decent performances recently it's hard to know why we slipped back to our crappier early season display. Most likely tiredness, Leicester having a week to prepare, not getting up for a lower placed side, too many changes, key players out (milner, zaba, nando) and their replacements not being good enough, etc. Before we started I thought we'd be like this and a chelsea buddy said they were also flat.

I thought nasri slipped backwards after his recent brilliant displays and was petulant throughout. Most players were poor. Mangala and Clichy were better than most (doesn't Mangala play better alongside Demechellis). Silva didn't give up but wasn't quite back to his usual level. Thought the rest were poor to average. Also got very upset with sagna who can't go down the line and always has to pass it back inside - he's definitely no upgrade on Micah.

Man City line-up deal for Argentina midfielder Joaquin Correa

MANCHESTER CITY have lined up two signings for the future.They are chasing Argentina midfielder Joaquin Correa who has an £8million buy-out clause in his Estudiantes contract.Correa, 20, who was in Italy last week seeking an EU permit, is also wanted by Inter Milan and Monaco.City have also applied for a work permit for Nigeria wonder boy Kelechi Iheanacho, 18, declaring he is a player who qualifies under the special talent rule.Iheanacho has been with the champions since the summer and scored against Milan and Kansas City on the clubs pre-season tour of America.He has recently been training in the US with Colombus Crew.Correa, meanwhile, will be loaned to Sampdoria if he arrives in next months transfer window.He is described as similar in style to City star David Silva.

Don't see your point #Redobsessedwithfatfrank

All Pellegringi said is "He has a loan just until the end of December and there is another club involved. The MLS is involved also.

So there we have it. Pellegrini would like to extend the loan but he knows it's not up to him

Just read this in one of the Sunday papers............

Unless Ferran Soriano is someone who engages in lengthy conversations with himself, it really should not take long to now determine the future of Frank Lampard.

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Barcelona! Your turn to get a sh*tty draw then.

Barcelona AGAIN. I thought it would be Dortmund, Real or Barca as we seem to keep playing the same teams. I'm sure we'll enjoy playing Barca again, but I'm guessing the likes of my brothers and nephews would have preferred a new place to take a minibreak. Bring it on!

What do you mean "our turn". We've been getting groups of death and a hard draw since we got in it. Unlike your lot who might as well get a bye. That'll change next year.

Anyway. No chance of beating Barc, we just ain't at their standard, especially with our injuries (not that that would make much difference) so lets get it over with and get back to concentrating on the prem.

Barcelona AGAIN. I thought it would be Dortmund, Real or Barca as we seem to keep playing the same teams. I'm sure we'll enjoy playing Barca again, but I'm guessing the likes of my brothers and nephews would have preferred a new place to take a minibreak. Bring it on!

It is weird how it works out, we've had this before and many took the mick but we had Bayern, we had Barca, we had Juve many times over the years too.

It is what it is, and you have to beat the best.

I feel we let ourselves down many times in Europe, whether it was the home schedule that took its tole, or Fergies lack of tactical nous, we'll never know now but, you guys have to start pulling some European results out the bag, and what better opportunity for you than this...!!

redrus

What do you mean "our turn". We've been getting groups of death and a hard draw since we got in it. Unlike your lot who might as well get a bye. That'll change next year.

Don't talk rubbish man, we've had Bayern so many times in recent years that I thought it would be a given!

Anyway. No chance of beating Barc, we just ain't at their standard, especially with our injuries (not that that would make much difference) so lets get it over with and get back to concentrating on the prem.

Give over mate come on, comments like that remind us why youz got the 'bitters' tag.

redrus

Give over mate come on, comments like that remind us why youz got the 'bitters' tag.

redrus

Russ, the seeding system meant that we were in pot 4 and ended up with us getting nightmare groups. That ain't bitter, it's just the way the daft seeding system worked. Fortunately, they have realised it and it will be changed for next year.