Manchester City

mrbojangles

Russ, the seeding system meant that we were in pot 4 and ended up with us getting nightmare groups. That ain't bitter, it's just the way the daft seeding system worked. Fortunately, they have realised it and it will be changed for next year.

Won't make much difference to you though.

biggrin.png

Barcelona! Your turn to get a sh*tty draw then.

What do you mean "our turn". We've been getting groups of death and a hard draw since we got in it. Unlike your lot who might as well get a bye. That'll change next year.

Anyway. No chance of beating Barc, we just ain't at their standard, especially with our injuries (not that that would make much difference) so lets get it over with and get back to concentrating on the prem.

I'd wager City have a pretty decent chance of getting by Barca assuming some players get healthy. Despite their imposing front line of Messi, Suarez and Neymar they really haven't clicked yet. Plus their defense is inconsistent. OTOH if Aguero can't go and Kompany isn't healthy then it could be really tough.

• Like 1

What do you mean "our turn". We've been getting groups of death and a hard draw since we got in it. Unlike your lot who might as well get a bye. That'll change next year.

Don't talk rubbish man, we've had Bayern so many times in recent years that I thought it would be a given!

I'm talking about your easy rides in the group stages. Not when you get to the knockout stage

Russ, the seeding system meant that we were in pot 4 and ended up with us getting nightmare groups. That ain't bitter, it's just the way the daft seeding system worked. Fortunately, they have realised it and it will be changed for next year.

biggrin.png

Well our groups couldn't get any harder than they have been but it'll certainly make it tougher for you

biggrin.png

Won't make much difference to arsenal though if you don't push the mighty Hammers out of that 4th qualifying position.

Anyway. No chance of beating Barc, we just ain't at their standard, especially with our injuries (not that that would make much difference) so lets get it over with and get back to concentrating on the prem.

I'd wager City have a pretty decent chance of getting by Barca assuming some players get healthy. Despite their imposing front line of Messi, Suarez and Neymar they really haven't clicked yet. Plus their defense is inconsistent. OTOH if Aguero can't go and Kompany isn't healthy then it could be really tough.

I'm with you on this. I like to think that Pelle might have learnt from the Roma game that playing a combative midfield of Nando, Dinho and jimmy that keeps it tight is the way to go instead of trying to go toe to toe with these more savvy teams. If you can get at Barca defense they ain't that convincing.

biggrin.png

Won't make much difference to arsenal though if you don't push the mighty Hammers out of that 4th qualifying position.

Which funnily enough is our last game of the year....

I'm with you on this. I like to think that Pelle might have learnt from the Roma game that playing a combative midfield of Nando, Dinho and jimmy that keeps it tight is the way to go instead of trying to go toe to toe with these more savvy teams. If you can get at Barca defense they ain't that convincing.

There is of course always the hope that we have our key players fit and catch Barca on a bad day but it would have been nice to have got an easier draw like Monaco

See Pelle has started target man is not Pozos position; he looks more of a Jovetic type. He's also said he'll try Silva, Nasri and Jimmy up front in training. I can't see Jimmy being a target man but of course he'd give it a good go. Spain used to play Silva as a false no.9 so maybe play that. Thought on Saturday our biggest problem wasn't so much Pozo/Dzeko but we had no width having benched Jimmy and Navas.

Jimmy playing up front, all across midfield and fullback, made me wonder is he our ultimate player of the past 50 years?

There is of course always the hope that we have our key players fit and catch Barca on a bad day but it would have been nice to have got an easier draw like Monaco

Barca are not what they were, and you've already beaten Bayern, so there is no reason to quiver with fear.

• Like 1

See Pelle has started target man is not Pozos position; he looks more of a Jovetic type. He's also said he'll try Silva, Nasri and Jimmy up front in training. I can't see Jimmy being a target man but of course he'd give it a good go. Spain used to play Silva as a false no.9 so maybe play that. Thought on Saturday our biggest problem wasn't so much Pozo/Dzeko but we had no width having benched Jimmy and Navas.

Jimmy playing up front, all across midfield and fullback, made me wonder is he our ultimate player of the past 50 years?

No compelling choices to fill in up front ! I'd almost give the nod to Lampard. At least he knows how to create and utilize space.

I read somewhere today that City are thinking about selling Guidetti to Celtic. Strange timing and it appears that the City braintrust don't rate him.

Give over mate come on, comments like that remind us why youz got the 'bitters' tag.

redrus

Mate, its not just that, its the defeatist attitude too......

I never thought we'd beat Juve in 'that' game, or Bayern in 'that' game, I never thought we'd beat Barca, even over 2 legs, we did.. Liverpool never thought they'd beat AC, after being 3 down, even Wimbledon beating them in the FA Cup.

Its just a game mate, as you well know and, as you know anything can happen, "its a funny old game."

You have a good team, by eck you've spent enough brass, you should be competing and you should be more positive..! :D

redrus

• Like 1

Matey, first you say this

And then this

I never thought we'd beat Juve in 'that' game, or Bayern in 'that' game, I never thought we'd beat Barca, even over 2 legs, we did..

So it was ok for United to think they wouldn't beat Juve, Barca and Bayern but when I say the same thing, I'm a defeatist and a bitter blink.png But I also said this

There is of course always the hope that we have our key players fit and catch Barca on a bad day

Matey, first you say this

And then this

I never thought we'd beat Juve in 'that' game, or Bayern in 'that' game, I never thought we'd beat Barca, even over 2 legs, we did..

So it was ok for United to think they wouldn't beat Juve, Barca and Bayern but when I say the same thing, I'm a defeatist and a bitter blink.png But I also said this

There is of course always the hope that we have our key players fit and catch Barca on a bad day

Oi you, you're misquoting me........... :P

I always go into a game thinking positively, apart from last season... :lol: but, its games like the Juve and Bayern that have founded that positivity. Coming from behind like that, creates confidence that I guess you guys have yet to find.

Not being patronising there, though it sounds like it. :)

redrus

With the injury to Serg I've had to submerse myself in fixtures, stats and blah blah blah to find an FF replacement with all that dosh. Figured I'd take a punt on Edin Dzeko over the festive season, the stage is perfectly set for him and it left me enough change to draft Silva and Baines in, thank you Serg thumbsup.gif sad I know

Thanks, mate.

Now I know why wilai takes the p!ss out of you with the fantasy football!!!

Dzeko injured in the warm up!!!

biggrin.png I couldn't believe it, I was so Giroud until I convinced myself it was Dzeko's hour to shine.

I'm still doing alight in the FF, wilai is some sort of Jedi level though.

• Like 1

I remember Paul Power. Before him, Glyn Pardoe was probably the most versatile or even Tommy Booth for whom I remember hearing the chant .."Hes here, Hes there, Hes every ******* where, Tommy Booth, Tommy Booth.laugh.png

I remember Paul Power. Before him, Glyn Pardoe was probably the most versatile or even Tommy Booth for whom I remember hearing the chant .."Hes here, Hes there, Hes every ******* where, Tommy Booth, Tommy Booth.laugh.png

Remember all of those players well. Power was unfairly the boo boys favourite. Tommy Booth was probably the slowest City player I've ever seen...decent centre half with the skills to play in midfield when that was rare. Also thinking of Dave Connor who wss just before my time. Bob Brightwell. Lakey.

So what team is going to roll out today?

Mangala and Demichelis. Zabaleta and Clichy.

My preference would be for both Fernando and Fernadhino in front of the back 4. Yaya to play further forward, with Nasri, Silva and Milner interacting between midfield and false nines.

Palace are good at setting up defensively, but setting up against a team without a centre forward will be something they have never done before. Therefore I am cautiously optimistic. I dont think we will concede any, and I can see us dominating possession and nicking a couple of goals.

So what team is going to roll out today?

Mangala and Demichelis. Zabaleta and Clichy.

My preference would be for both Fernando and Fernadhino in front of the back 4. Yaya to play further forward, with Nasri, Silva and Milner interacting between midfield and false nines.

Palace are good at setting up defensively, but setting up against a team without a centre forward will be something they have never done before. Therefore I am cautiously optimistic. I dont think we will concede any, and I can see us dominating possession and nicking a couple of goals.

Sounds good to me Jack. The Hartdog ought to be fired up today after his new contract.