Manchester City

mrbojangles

Oh he does both.

Facts man, facts.
The torture case?

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/11/abu-dhabi-royal-acquitted-in-torture-trial/?_r=0

As for Arab shaikhs pillaging the wealth, you don't really need proof of that do you?

You know I was asking for facts on the "pillaging" accusations you're always banging on about. Over to you.

Clattenburg is the ref for the match on sunday.

Interestingly, he has only sent off 3 players this season. 2 from United and 1 from0 City!!

Hopefully this game is won by the best team on the day and not by a dodgy decision.

Also hope the best team wins and they both go at it.

What's your prediction? My heart says us, my head says you as you're home, have momentum and we're in a 'black place' right now.

Today, we pay tribute to former City goalkeeper Harry Dowd. The shot-stopper, who made 181 league appearances for the Blues and lifted the FA Cup with the club in 1969, sadly passed away yesterday at the age of 76.A key member of the legendary team of the 60s, Dowd enjoyed a nine-year spell at Maine Road and is fondly remembered by all who knew him.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2015/April/Paying-tribute-to-Harry-Dowd-3013

He was my old mans favourite keeper.

I remember late 60s ( I was just a nipper) we signed Ken Mulhearn and he took over from Dowd. My old man didnt stop complaining!!!laugh.png

My old man is in his 80s and there's I think only one player of his 50s era favourite team alive. Now the 68 championship team...correct me if I'm wrong but i think only Heslop and Dowd have passed so far (?).

I always preferred crewcut Harry to coiffured Ken Mulhearn though I didn't get to see either of them play much. When I started watching regular young Joe Corrigan was in goals.

My brother's, nephews and others from Bredbury went again to Barca, and they met Tommy Booth. Have you seen Tommy recently, he doesn't look much different to his playing days (he's 65).

Question my son asked me earlier today I put to you lot:

City fans: if you could only keep one player from the current squad, who would it be?

Non-City fans: if you take one player of our current squad to add to your squad, who would it be?

For me, Merlin without a doubt.

I think with the value put on English players, it would have to be Joe Hart.

Silva would be my second choice.

I am not too happy with the names being linked to City at the minute!!!!

Wilshire!!! Not good enough, step back on what we already have and cr@p relationship with City fans.

Henderson. Had one good season, doesnt improve what we already have. No no for me.

Sterling. Although he would improve us, his price is going to be at least 30 or 40% over fair value and i fear his attitude is not the best.

Pogba.... same as Sterling.

Barclay.... certainly has the potential. If the price was right, he is the one i would take the chance on.

Hart; interesting, I wasn't expecting that, thought most people will go for Aguero or Silva.

Man City youngsters hold a 3-0 advantage over Leicester going into the second leg of their semi-final on Wednesday. The winners of Wednesday's game will face Chelsea in the final. The West London side lost the first leg of their last four tie 2-0 to Tottenham, but came back to win 5-4 on aggregate.

Apparently Chelsea and City have no youngsters coming through.

The City youngsters did it and have gone through to the final against Chelsea.

Yeah. We both don't have any youngsters coming through !! smile.png

City fans: if you could only keep one player from the current squad, who would it be?

Non-City fans: if you take one player of our current squad to add to your squad, who would it be?

Wilshire!!! Not good enough, step back on what we already have and cr@p relationship with City fans.

Henderson. Had one good season, doesnt improve what we already have. No no for me.

Sterling. Although he would improve us, his price is going to be at least 30 or 40% over fair value and i fear his attitude is not the best.

Barclay.... certainly has the potential. If the price was right, he is the one i would take the chance on.

Hart; interesting, I wasn't expecting that, thought most people will go for Aguero or Silva.

Pogba is a fantastic player. He'd grace any team in the premier league. Mat Hummel is looking ever likely to be moving on. There the RM center back Varane thats another great prospect. Personally i think City could have a field day this summer but getting the right new manager in will be crucial to signing the right players. On that note, Benitez is a very good fit having all the right credentials to move City forward. Knows the league, already successful in europe, great tactical acumen.

Clattenburg is the ref for the match on sunday.

Interestingly, he has only sent off 3 players this season. 2 from United and 1 from0 City!!

Hopefully this game is won by the best team on the day and not by a dodgy decision.

Also hope the best team wins and they both go at it.

What's your prediction? My heart says us, my head says you as you're home, have momentum and we're in a 'black place' right now.

Mate it is to close to call can go either way! a lot of reds i know are very confident going into this derby for the first time in ages, you lot have a team who on their day can beat anyone so i will not get all giddy just yet, imho i think it will be a 2-2 draw.

Today, we pay tribute to former City goalkeeper Harry Dowd. The shot-stopper, who made 181 league appearances for the Blues and lifted the FA Cup with the club in 1969, sadly passed away yesterday at the age of 76.A key member of the legendary team of the 60s, Dowd enjoyed a nine-year spell at Maine Road and is fondly remembered by all who knew him.

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Club-news/2015/April/Paying-tribute-to-Harry-Dowd-3013

I remember late 60s ( I was just a nipper) we signed Ken Mulhearn and he took over from Dowd. My old man didnt stop complaining!!!laugh.png

My old man is in his 80s and there's I think only one player of his 50s era favourite team alive. Now the 68 championship team...correct me if I'm wrong but i think only Heslop and Dowd have passed so far (?).

I always preferred crewcut Harry to coiffured Ken Mulhearn though I didn't get to see either of them play much. When I started watching regular young Joe Corrigan was in goals.

My brother's, nephews and others from Bredbury went again to Barca, and they met Tommy Booth. Have you seen Tommy recently, he doesn't look much different to his playing days (he's 65).

I know Bredbury well i am from Woodbank i think you know just across the river from you, and being from my area i cannot understand you using manu as most from our area say city or united.

I know Bredbury well i am from Woodbank i think you know just across the river from you, and being from my area i cannot understand you using manu as most from our area say city or united.

Yep I recall you're from Woodbank. Took the family for a walkdown past Bredbury Hall/osborne street to Woodbank Park last October. Park is still very well maintained, nice coffee shop with a view past Bredbury to the top of Romiley and Pennines beyond. Musuem part looked to be not used much. Kids had a great time collecting conkers (they'd never seen them before). A great walk you're probably familiar with is from Woodbank along the river bank upstream, cross the Goyt near Offerton cricket and in to Bredbury near Black n White Farm, along to Bredbury Hall and along Stockport rd to Woodbank.

I call you lot ManU being polite these days and for them on here from scouseland and darn sarf. Obviously back home I'd call you United or Manure or Redshite or ..

;-)

Man City youngsters hold a 3-0 advantage over Leicester going into the second leg of their semi-final on Wednesday. The winners of Wednesday's game will face Chelsea in the final. The West London side lost the first leg of their last four tie 2-0 to Tottenham, but came back to win 5-4 on aggregate.

Apparently Chelsea and City have no youngsters coming through.

The City youngsters did it and have gone through to the final against Chelsea.

Yeah. We both don't have any youngsters coming through !! smile.png

Let's hope we beat Chelsea in the final like we did 7 years back. See Chelsea have featured in many recent finals.

I remember well going to the 2nd Leg of the 86 final at home vs ManU. It was a lovely sunny evening. There was a very decent crowd of 18000. I sat in the North Stand for the first time. City won 2v0 (3v1agg), remember Moulden scored.City players who went on to make it were: Andy Hincliffe, Ian Brightwell, Steve Redmond, David White, Paul Moulden and Paul Lake (some decent players there). ManU players who went on to make it: Gary Walsh & Lee Martin (not so decent).

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Alright Jack, heres another terrific young player City are being linked with. Nail Fekir who plays for Lyon. He'd be quite a catch and is the best performing attacking player in europe right now.

I'd be rather excited with the quality of players you are being linked with. Wish we were!!

• Like 1

Bump

Alright Jack, heres another terrific young player City are being linked with. Nail Fekir who plays for Lyon. He'd be quite a catch and is the best performing attacking player in europe right now.

I'd be rather excited with the quality of players you are being linked with. Wish we were!!

Although I'm not happy with our biggest slump since Red Hughes left, I'm hoping this is more a repeat of Bobby Manc's 2nd season, and we buy a few DECENT players, clear out some deadwood and go again.

Yep I recall you're from Woodbank. Took the family for a walkdown past Bredbury Hall/osborne street to Woodbank Park last October. Park is still very well maintained, nice coffee shop with a view past Bredbury to the top of Romiley and Pennines beyond. Musuem part looked to be not used much. Kids had a great time collecting conkers (they'd never seen them before). A great walk you're probably familiar with is from Woodbank along the river bank upstream, cross the Goyt near Offerton cricket and in to Bredbury near Black n White Farm, along to Bredbury Hall and along Stockport rd to Woodbank.

I call you lot ManU being polite these days and for them on here from scouseland and darn sarf. Obviously back home I'd call you United or Manure or Redshite or ..

;-)

Yes i know all you have mentioned all my old stamping ground as a kid. i would know the woods like the back of my hand the amount of time i spent there, very pretty down there and a lovely walk, my mum is buried over your side i think in Romiley not been back for years but i do remember it slopped down to the river.

Manure thats almost as immature as manu 5555.

Bump

Auguero ofcourse! Silva's a fine player too and i also like Zabaletta. Yaya's getting on a bit now.

Edited by carmine

Bump

Good shout by jack on Hart but yeah, Merlin edges it for me. When he's on form he's just, well,..........magical smile.png

Oh he does both.

Facts man, facts.
The torture case?

http://thelede.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/01/11/abu-dhabi-royal-acquitted-in-torture-trial/?_r=0

As for Arab shaikhs pillaging the wealth, you don't really need proof of that do you?

You know I was asking for facts on the "pillaging" accusations you're always banging on about. Over to you.
If you don't know what family runs the UAE and Abu Dhabi, what family occupies all the top goverment jobs in Abu Dhabi and how many elections they have there each year, than frankly there is not a lot of point explaining it to you is there? Edited by Chicog

Oh he does both.

Facts man, facts.
The torture case?

If you don't know what family runs the UAE and Abu Dhabi, what family occupies all the top goverment jobs in Abu Dhabi and how many elections they have there each year, than frankly there is not a lot of point explaining it to you is there?

So I take it you can't back up your accusations with facts or you'd be bombarding me with url links.

Happily. Winger says he won't sell Wilshere to Manchester Dhabi. So an enormous, stupid bid will do it :)

I just don't see any reason why our management would want to buy Wilshire.

Apart from the obvious buy (Sanchez), the player I'd test the Arse resolve to keep is Bellerin who looks a fine player and plays in a position we will need strengthening.

Oh he does both.
Facts man, facts.
The torture case?

If you don't know what family runs the UAE and Abu Dhabi, what family occupies all the top goverment jobs in Abu Dhabi and how many elections they have there each year, than frankly there is not a lot of point explaining it to you is there?

So I take it you can't back up your accusations with facts or you'd be bombarding me with url links.

You're quite presumptuous, but if you really need links to tell you the shaikhs are trousering most of the money, let me know and I'll pm you. MrBo has asked for the conversation to return to football.

Oh he does both.
Facts man, facts.
The torture case?

You're quite presumptuous, but if you really need links to tell you the shaikhs are trousering most of the money, let me know and I'll pm you. MrBo has asked for the conversation to return to football.

Go on then I'll let you off the hook and return to football matters ;-) You start with the usual crap and ill be asking you to stump up the facts or offski.

Bump

Yes, Silva for me, closely followed by Aguero and Hart.

"Still holding the Willy Wonka golden ticket"

Manchester City in 'crisis'? Don't make me laugh. Try being a Blackpool fan

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/brian-reade-column-manchester-city-5480049

Just more media nonsense. The poor bastards are constantly tasked with coming up with "newsworthy" items to draw attention and sell papers.

It will be interesting to see if some of the top management heads roll. Can't say I've been overwhelmed by many of the players purchased over the past few years.

I would expect that City's form between now and season's end could weigh on Pellegrini's future. If it looks like he is completely unable to motivate and City continue to drop points I'd think he could be gone.

What is the consensus here about the talk of Rafa being possibly recruited ? He has some nuggets in the resume but can't say I've been impressed for awhile. He hasn't exactly knocked 'em dead in Italy. If Klopp were available I'd prefer to go in that direction.