Manchester City

mrbojangles

Foreign perspective. ..ManU not a big club...no bigger than Spurs. Oh dear!

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/588975/Manchester-United-Hugo-Lloris-Man-City-Chelsea-Arsenal

Domenech is a buffoon of a bloke. Cech has just signed for Arsenal and has another five good years in him. Lloris is six years older than Courtois and of equal ability so why on earth mention two clubs where the prospect of a transfer is totally unfeasible.

• Like 1

So now we are to judge which are the great teams based on a sample of one foreigner?

cheesy.gif

Glacially slow news day at the Express - surely they can dig a quotable quote out of somebody the average punter can remember (dare I say it even respect?). I was hard put to remember who the hell Komenech was. Was he even any good as a French team manager?

He turned France's world cup campaign into a farce and its only fitting that he's quoted in a daily rag thats only real usage is as chip paper.

Think it was Domenech that decided to leave Benzema out of the world cup squad too. That was bright!

Edited by carmine

Absolutely not BB. The opinion that foreigners believe that Manchester United is now a small club, inferior to Chelsea and Arsenal is complete bollux IMO. Plays well in the blue side of Manchester no doubt. It takes longer than a couple of bad seasons to change those kind of perceptions.

Poll 1,000 foreigners to list the top 3 clubs in the world. Bet ya Manchester United would be one of them. Maybe Chelsea could run them close. Your club and my club would not feature. The Thai vote would put Liverpool in the top 3!

Of course we all know that Manchester United are rubbish compared to Chelsea, Man City and Arsenal and long may that continue!

Admittedly I have not seen a huge amount of Fabian Delph and I am a huge fan of Fernandinho, but looking at these stats, I think 8-10 mill is a bargain at todays prices. City should buy him. Certainly he is an upgrade on Fernando.

http://www.manchestercity.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=554854

Edited by JacknDanny

Sounds like Micah Richards is a real good potential mate and colleague for Delph at Villa (not). Get's consulted on a private matter and next minute it's in the press.

Richards blabbed (sorry, slipped into Summer journo vernac there tongue.png) "To be fair he has asked me what I think about the situation (that he was considering Citeh). I told him I can't comment to be honest." Then goes on to give that advice anyway via the journos - mind you it was good advice - which reading between the lines was - 'look at James Milner then don't bother joining a Pellegrini rotational squad.'

Agree with you that he would be a good (squad) buy at 8-10m though J&D. Odd that there has not been more buzz around him from the top 6 if, as now seems possible, he is detachable.

Sounds like Micah Richards is a real good potential mate and colleague for Delph at Villa (not). Get's consulted on a private matter and next minute it's in the press.

Richards blabbed (sorry, slipped into Summer journo vernac there tongue.png) "To be fair he has asked me what I think about the situation (that he was considering Citeh). I told him I can't comment to be honest." Then goes on to give that advice anyway via the journos - mind you it was good advice - which reading between the lines was - 'look at James Milner then don't bother joining a Pellegrini rotational squad.'

Agree with you that he would be a good (squad) buy at 8-10m though J&D. Odd that there has not been more buzz around him from the top 6 if, as now seems possible, he is detachable.

Could be santi that he has a slight tendancy for v loose passing/ giving the ball away.

rijit

can't get over that fee. crazy. talented though he is, fifty million quid for a lad who has just turned 20 and who has one good season behind him. just mental.

Hardly one good season he's been a class act since the day he hit the first team .

rijit

can't get over that fee. crazy. talented though he is, fifty million quid for a lad who has just turned 20 and who has one good season behind him. just mental.

Hardly one good season he's been a class act since the day he hit the first team .

rijit

why do you do this? i guarantee that i've watched him more than you have. and he was brilliant alongside suarez and sturridge in 2013/14. that aside he's been pretty hit and miss and often very quiet indeed. as one might expect from an unfinished kid.

• Like 1

Hit and miss,, yeah coarse he was and i suppose your season wasnt? ide say when fit, next to sg he'd probably have been 1st on brendas team sheet. And why do i do what exactly ? disagree with you? take a hike stevie boy, its an open forum people are allowed.to have differing views. We all know what your like, he stays you'd be kissing his arse he goas it would be a totally diferent story. IMO It's Just 'sour grapes' someones leaving your beloved liverpool and imo its your your best player and he's leaving too early, why? nobodies fault but the liverpool fc's and now it appears brenda was culpable that is if you believe the guardian.

rijit

Edited by rijit

And they wonder why we don't take them seriously.

cheesy.gif

Really ,,,,,,,,

Ozil and.45 mil springs to mind

rijit

Have to step in here mate. There was a wealth of success and experience behind Ozil when he signed for Arsenal. He was a completely proven player playing for the biggest club in the world. The fact that he's been largely pants since he came to the premier league is irrelevant

Theres no comparison to be drawn between the Ozil and Sterling transfers.

Hit and miss,, yeah coarse he was and i suppose your season wasnt? ide say when fit, next to sg he'd probably have been 1st on brendas team sheet. And why do i do what exactly ? disagree with you? take a hike stevie boy, its an open forum people are allowed.to have differing views. We all know what your like, he stays you'd be kissing his arse he goas it would be a totally diferent story. IMO It's Just 'sour grapes' someones leaving your beloved liverpool and imo its your your best player and he's leaving too early, why? nobodies fault but the liverpool fc's and now it appears brenda was culpable that is if you believe the guardian.

rijit

I think its fair to say that last season Coutinho was Liverpools best player, and it certainly was not Sterling.

Its a magnificent deal for Liverpool. And just out of interest, how many other clubs went in for Sterling? None apparently. What does that tell you?

rijit

I think its fair to say that last season Coutinho was Liverpools best player, and it certainly was not Sterling.

Its a magnificent deal for Liverpool. And just out of interest, how many other clubs went in for Sterling? None apparently. What does that tell you?

Everybody knew City was going to overpay due to the lack of home grown.

When all the hubbub dies down we'll see how Sterling fits in at City. Clearly a very talented kid with a huge upside.