Manchester City

mrbojangles

The 20-year-old became the expensive English footballer of all-time after completing his move from Liverpool on Tuesday.

He will cost an initial £44m with a further £5m in add-ons, depending on his success at the Etihad.

Liverpool will be entitled to £1.5m for each Champions League trophy Sterling helps deliver to the Etihad.City will also have to pay out £1m for every Premier League title they win with the forward. Another one of those trophies the following year would take them up to the maximum figure of £3m.

The remaining £2m of add-ons will be base on the number of starts he makes for City in the both the Premier League and Champions League.City will pay £500,000 after Sterling starts 30, 60, 90 and 120 games in those competitions respectively.

We can kiss goodbye those add-ons then tongue.png

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Like 1

After spending nearly fifty mil I should have butterflies in my stomach but I ain't. Hopefully he will exceed my expectations and prove to be a great addition. Either way, he's now a blue and we'll all be 100% behind him.

he's a really good player. i'm sure you'll enjoy watching him.

After spending nearly fifty mil I should have butterflies in my stomach but I ain't. Hopefully he will exceed my expectations and prove to be a great addition. Either way, he's now a blue and we'll all be 100% behind him.

he's a really good player. i'm sure you'll enjoy watching him.

He's the best of english talent (Looney used to be) and a great talent, and we will enjoy watching him.

anyway, what a great signing sterling will prove to be, and at 20plenty of time to step up and with the players you have around him, I'm sure it

wont be a problem for him. think he'll help push your team on, no doubt in my mind he's a class act.

tbh I'm frigging jealous, been a whilewhistling.gif

since spurs could compete at that end of the market,

As for the price given qpr 20 % don't suppose you were ever gonna get him any cheaper

still the plus for me, i suppose, is he hasn't gone to spain.

Sterling's performances vs City were always very good, I have no doubt he'll perform for us and give us a fast direct unorthodox arrow to our bow. Very happy to have him on board.

Surprised Liverpool and the like aren't actively chasing Bolasie.

Make's one wonder why his performances against poorer lesser teams were mediocre? rolleyes.gif

This is page 666 ,apt!

Sterling's performances vs City were always very good, I have no doubt he'll perform for us and give us a fast direct unorthodox arrow to our bow. Very happy to have him on board.

Surprised Liverpool and the like aren't actively chasing Bolasie.

Make's one wonder why his performances against poorer lesser teams were mediocre? rolleyes.gif

This is page 666 ,apt!

Who, Sterling or Bolasie?

Adelaide United 0-2 Man City: Barker and Zuculini score in pre-season win

City play sister club Melbourne City on Saturday before their games against Roma and Real Madrid next week.

City first-half team: Caballero, Maffeo, Kompany ©, Humphreys (16 yr old!), Horsfield, Nasri, Toure, Garcia, Ntcham, Pozo, Iheanacho

City second-half team: Wright, Clichy, Plummer, Evans, Glendon, Fernando, Fofana, Zuculini, Navas, Barker, Unal.

Wasn't it Bolasie who ran Liverpool ragged in the 1v3 last season. He was unplayable (by Liverpool) that day. Looks a real prospect worth a punt on.

Yes he was, although Liverpool were shit. He also played a role with Chris Gayle the season before in that infamous 11 minutes. Every time I've seen him play he seems a handful.

Wasn't it Bolasie who ran Liverpool ragged in the 1v3 last season. He was unplayable (by Liverpool) that day. Looks a real prospect worth a punt on.

Yes he was, although Liverpool were shit. He also played a role with Chris Gayle the season before in that infamous 11 minutes. Every time I've seen him play he seems a handful.

Ahh that Bolasie ,now I know why we supress nightmares!!

Chris Gayle is a cricketer Bob ,Dwight.?

Ahh that Bolasie ,now I know why we supress nightmares!!

Chris Gayle is a cricketer Bob ,Dwight.?

haha yes...I'm watching pre-cricket warm up here.

There is talk going around that Delth has signed for city he has done a u turn ?.

I've read the same from various sources but it can't be true cos Uptheos hasn't reported it even as a rumour tongue.png

Incredible if this is true.

Benteke exit might have something to do with it

Pretty d_mn good price for a Brit who can squad rotate/injury cover/bench ..... at the very least. May develop into a natural pick with good players around him. From England perspective it's good he is not going to languish in Aston Filler this season.

Underpriced whereas Wilshere, who is miles better IMO (creativity, directness,enthusiasm), but subject to significant injury risk, would have been overpriced.

Pretty d_mn good price for a Brit who can squad rotate/injury cover/bench ..... at the very least. May develop into a natural pick with good players around him. From England perspective it's good he is not going to languish in Aston Filler this season.

Underpriced whereas Wilshere, who is miles better IMO (creativity, directness,enthusiasm), but subject to significant injury risk, would have been overpriced.

Not sure Wilshire and Delph are like-for-like. Delph and Fernandinho. ..wait, don't they both play for us.

What I like about Delph, and I admit to not seeing much of him before last season, is he likes to 'play off the front foot' and drive forward, and he's got loads of energy. A middle 3 of Delph and Dinho (covering for) and (no effort defending) Yaya could be worth watching.

Cheap too! Like it.

Not sure Wilshire and Delph are like-for-like. Delph and Fernandinho. ..wait, don't they both play for us.

What I like about Delph, and I admit to not seeing much of him before last season, is he likes to 'play off the front foot' and drive forward, and he's got loads of energy. A middle 3 of Delph and Dinho (covering for) and (no effort defending) Yaya could be worth watching.

Cheap too! Like it.

Yeah on the face of the transfer fee reasonable in fact bloody good money for a current england international.I'm imagining His contract probably dwarf's that though. And i'm wondering wether the disparity between what sterling was being offered and what was on the table for him was an issue?

rijit

Cheap too! Like it.

Yeah, I like it too. At todays prices, 8m for an England international is cheap as chips

Fabian Delph has joined Manchester City from Aston Villa after agreeing a five-year contract. The Bradford-born midfielder, 25, completed a medical on Friday and will fly to Australia over the weekend to join his new team-mates for pre-season training.He will wear the No.18 shirt for City.Capped six times by England, Delph began his senior career at Leeds United, making 50 appearances between 2006 and 2009.In 2009 he was voted the Leeds United Young Player of the Year and Leeds United Players' Player of the Year; he was also named in the PFA League One Team of the Year as well as winning the Football League Player of the Year to cap a memorable campaign for the Lilywhites.Widely regarded as one of the brightest talents outside the Premier League, he moved to Aston Villa in 2009 for an undisclosed fee, aged just 19.He became an integral member of the first team, and was voted the club's Player of the Year in 2013/14.Having represented England at Under-19 and Under-21 level, he won his senior call-up against Norway in September 2014, and after signing a new deal with the Midlands outfit earlier this year, he was handed the captain's armband by new manager Tim Sherwood.During his time in the West Midlands, Delph made 128 appearances for Villa, scoring eight goals.Manuel Pellegrini admitted he was delighted at Delph's decision to join City. He said: "Fabian Delph is an excellent player, and I am looking forward to working with him."He has made a huge impact in recent seasons at Aston Villa, and is now one of the brightest young midfielders in the Premier League."Fabian has tremendous skill and energy, and the fact that he has become a regular member of the England squad is further evidence of his progress over the past few seasons. At just 25 years old, he still has his best years ahead of him."