Manchester City

mrbojangles

Don't get too carried away boys. Arsenal's midfield buried him in the FA Cup finaltongue.png

...and hopefully buying Delph means we'll give up trying to buy Wilshire.

Possibly the best thing about the deal !clap2.gif

Don't get too carried away boys. Arsenal's midfield buried him in the FA Cup finaltongue.png

There is no way any Arsenal player would leave Arsenal in order to play for City, surely?

I dont believe we were ever really interested in the self centred, injury prone, chain smoking midget

• Like 1

I dont believe we were ever really interested in the self centred, injury prone, chain smoking midget

Chicog aint that short is he?

Chicog aint that short is he?

Intellectually, maybe!!laugh.png

Had a few friends and family at the Melbourne City match on the Gold Coast last night, atmosphere was not quite electric and the game a bit boring apparently.

Here's a highlight.

A few scousers round Robina area biggrin.png

I watched most of it through City's website who were streaming it. Wasn't very entertaining but at least we were giving a run out to plenty of our youngsters.

We,ve got AS Roma and Real MAdrid later this week so hopefully we'll playing a few more of the first team.

Fourth new signing of the summer - 3 English and all 4 are youngsters.

Manchester City have confirmed the signing of Fulham midfielder Patrick Roberts for an undisclosed fee.The 18-year-old had a year left on his contract at Craven Cottage but handed in a transfer request on Saturday.Roberts made his Fulham debut at the Etihad Stadium in 2014 and amassed 22 first-team appearances.

Signing a decent YOUNG RB & LB would be good now.

Obviously we don't scout for a living but there must be some good English ones out there somewhere. Don't get to see much of the EDS either so not sure if there are any ready to step up to the plate.

Obviously we don't scout for a living but there must be some good English ones out there somewhere. Don't get to see much of the EDS either so not sure if there are any ready to step up to the plate.

Joe Gomez says hello....but you're too latethumbsup.gif

• Like 1

I m surprised we havent tried to get Garbutt from Everton. Not only is he a fine left back, he is great deliverer of the ball from deadball and corner situations.

Everton dont think he is ready yet, but I think he was worth a punt

Manchester City have confirmed the signing of Fulham midfielder Patrick Roberts for an undisclosed fee.The 18-year-old had a year left on his contract at Craven Cottage but handed in a transfer request on Saturday.Roberts made his Fulham debut at the Etihad Stadium in 2014 and amassed 22 first-team appearances.

Does that leave another 3 to fill your squad quota?

I m surprised we havent tried to get Garbutt from Everton. Not only is he a fine left back, he is great deliverer of the ball from deadball and corner situations.

Recently signed a five year contract so a bit late on that one....hang on! it is Everton so you do have a chancegiggle.gif

Pick of the EDS is Angelino, an attacking LB, who's currently on loan to New York (isn't he?). Could be we're hanging on for him to break through.

Recently signed a five year contract so a bit late on that one....hang on! it is Everton so you do have a chancegiggle.gif

Signed a couple of weeks ago, with I believe the intention to send him out on loan. Missed opportunity I think

Does that leave another 3 to fill your squad quota?

We are allowed 17 players who have not come through English academies.

Caballero,Sagna, Zabaleta, Kompany, Demichelis, Mangala, Fernandhino, Fernando, Toure, Silva, Nasri, Navas, Aguero, Bony, Kolarov. There is 15. I have not counted Jovetic or Dzeko, who will probably be sold.

A homegrown player has to be over 21, therfore Sterling does not count as homegrown. But he is undr 21 of which you are allowed as many as you want immaterial of nationality.

So to the above 15 you can add Sterling, Clichy, Hart, Wright, Delph.

Add to those 5 the youngsters Denayer, Lopes, Iheanacho, Roberts, Enes.

So there is your 25 without Dzeko and Jovetic.

I suspect its a year too early for Iheanacho, but I think Denayer and Lopes may well get some first team action.

I would say thats pretty sound.

Denayer...reckon he'll be 4th choice CB.

Lopes & Iheanacho...reckon one will be on loan and one will join the squad IF Dzeko and Jovetic move on.

Roberts...i read he will join EDS

Enes...I read he'll go out on loan.

Sterling: "I really like playing on the left wing but if the manager wants me somewhere else then that's no problem. Left, right wherever, I'll do my best for the team.

Interesting. I'd always assumed he liked to play right wing but seems he prefers being an inverted winger.

Sterling: "I really like playing on the left wing but if the manager wants me somewhere else then that's no problem. Left, right wherever, I'll do my best for the team.

Interesting. I'd always assumed he liked to play right wing but seems he prefers being an inverted winger.

typo biggrin.png

Edited by alfieconn

When i've watched him he seemed to have a leaning to moving moves and runs given the option over to the lhs. But will he get played there?

rijit