Manchester City

mrbojangles

^ Pushin' it with Evans mate....Cheadle Hulme might be in Gtr Manchester but Cheadle certainly isn'twhistling.gif

Reread my post, Telegraph reported.

Evans..Cheadle Hulme (Stockport, Greater Manchester)

Horsfield...Bullock Smithy (Stockport, Greater Manches)

Barker...not sure where in Manchester he's from.

Happy now?

Not particularly....Telegraph is wrong yet againcoffee1.gif . Surprised that you don't know where your own players come from. Here's a hint....check your own sites and they will be more accurate. Don't believe what you read in the press! BTW his oul fella is ex City.....again, surprised you didn't know this facepalm.gif

^ Pushin' it with Evans mate....Cheadle Hulme might be in Gtr Manchester but Cheadle certainly isn'twhistling.gif

Actually you got that the wrong way round. Both Cheadle and Cheadle Hulme are Stockport suburbs in Greater Manchester, and Cheadle is way closer to Manchester City centre and is only 7miles to the Etihad.[Cheadle Hulme is a reasonably posh suburb, Cheadle isn't].

Lol got me there mate. When I met his dad, a while back it was in a 5-a-side comp just outside Stoke...(Biddulph?) So assumed he was a local. Didn't know there was another bloody Cheadle as well as the Hulmefacepalm.gif Fair play...should never assume as it makes an ASS out of U and MEwai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif ....anyway, it's bloody Stockport not Manchesterbiggrin.png

Happy now?

Not particularly....Telegraph is wrong yet againcoffee1.gif . Surprised that you don't know where your own players come from. Here's a hint....check your own sites and they will be more accurate. Don't believe what you read in the press! BTW his oul fella is ex City.....again, surprised you didn't know this facepalm.gif

I do know where those local lads are from but I do not yet know which suburb of Manchester Barker is from...all websites I've seen always have birth place Manchester (where exactly).

Why would you think that I don't know George Evans dad is ex-City player Ched Evans...alright Ronnie Evans. Apparently he made his debut in '75 but I don't recall him and I use to use my season ticket in those days to go watch the reserves as well.

Lol got me there mate. When I met his dad, a while back it was in a 5-a-side comp just outside Stoke...(Biddulph?) So assumed he was a local. Didn't know there was another bloody Cheadle as well as the Hulmefacepalm.gif Fair play...should never assume as it makes an ASS out of U and MEwai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.gif ....anyway, it's bloody Stockport not Manchesterbiggrin.png

Cheadle, Cheadle Hulme AND Cheadle Heath.

P.S. Only made an ASS of YOU!

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Anyone know what's Bony's fitness/illness keeping him back in Manchester?

Strange that Dzeko and Jovetic haven't been featuring on tour; a sign they're on their way out? I'd definitely sell one one of them (Aguro, Bony, one of them, attacking midfielders should be sufficient for next season). Think Pellegrini trusts Dzeko more.

Strange that Dzeko and Jovetic haven't been featuring on tour; a sign they're on their way out? I'd definitely sell one one of them (Aguro, Bony, one of them, attacking midfielders should be sufficient for next season). Think Pellegrini trusts Dzeko more.

Its a strange one. My feeling is that he has turned up after his holidays, way out of shape and has been instructed to train alone until he is something like.

Dzeko and Jovetic are gone for sure.

De Bruyne next to arriveclap2.gif

He is the one I have been waiting for.thumbsup.gif

Its a strange one. My feeling is that he has turned up after his holidays, way out of shape and has been instructed to train alone until he is something like.

I think you might be right about Bony; hadn't thought of that possibility.

I haven't seen much of DeBruyne but he seems highly sought. I think these lightweight attacking forwards, like Chelsea, is the way to go. When I've seen Pogba play I haven't been bowled over so I haven't been disappointed not to get him.

I haven't seen much of DeBruyne but he seems highly sought. I think these lightweight attacking forwards, like Chelsea, is the way to go. When I've seen Pogba play I haven't been bowled over so I haven't been disappointed not to get him.

De Bruyne is a gem.

I have seen him play a few times last season for Wolfsberg and in World Cup.

He is a definite upgrade on Nasri. He is an assist machine.

Pogba is an exceptional player, but not worth the money Juve want for him. Having said that.... who is worth their asking price nowadays?

I think if we get or rather when we get De Bruyne, that puts us in a very good position squadwise. I would have preferred a new left back, but apart from that we are good to go.

De Bruyne is a gem.

I have seen him play a few times last season for Wolfsberg and in World Cup.

He is a definite upgrade on Nasri. He is an assist machine.

Pogba is an exceptional player, but not worth the money Juve want for him. Having said that.... who is worth their asking price nowadays?

I think if we get or rather when we get De Bruyne, that puts us in a very good position squadwise. I would have preferred a new left back, but apart from that we are good to go.

Yeah, really hope we get De Bruyne. As you say, he's an assist machine.

I also can't see why we haven't been linked with a world class LB. That position has been lacking quality for quite a few years now.

The former Wolfsburg striker looks set to leave this summer and played no part against suitors Roma on Tuesday, while midfielder Yaya Toure expects to see out his contractManchester City manager Manuel Pellegrinisays that striker Edin Dzeko was left out of their pre-season encounter with Roma due to uncertainty over his future at the club.The Bosnia-Herzegovina international has been linked with a move away from the Etihad Stadium for many months and his exit is expected to be completed soon as theGiallorossi look to tie up a deal.Dzeko played no part as the two sides met in the International Champions Cup on Tuesday, with Pellegrini confirming that it was a direct result of the transfer negotiations."Edin didn't play the last game as it's not clear if he will continue here but he is still working here with the whole squad," the City boss told reporters.

Hope we're offering Dzeko back to Wolfsburg in a deal for DeBruyne.

I'll pop a bottle of bubbly when Dzeko leaves. For all of his heroics in years past he was miserable last season and earned his ticket out. I wish Jovetic would have worked out. Good kid but not enough between his ears.

I can't help but think that the reinforcements being brought in reflect Pellegrini's commitment to attacking football...at the risk of neglecting defensive issues. No LB replacement and no addressing concerns at centre-back. Pellegrini and management must think Kompany will be the Kompany of old and Mangala will improve, as well as Demi being forever young. Will they splurge for Otamendi ?

As far as LB, if Kolarov can play like he did the last few games last season that would be a big plus. Not likely to happen I suppose.

I'll pop a bottle of bubbly when Dzeko leaves. For all of his heroics in years past he was miserable last season and earned his ticket out. I wish Jovetic would have worked out. Good kid but not enough between his ears.

I can't help but think that the reinforcements being brought in reflect Pellegrini's commitment to attacking football...at the risk of neglecting defensive issues. No LB replacement and no addressing concerns at centre-back. Pellegrini and management must think Kompany will be the Kompany of old and Mangala will improve, as well as Demi being forever young. Will they splurge for Otamendi ?

As far as LB, if Kolarov can play like he did the last few games last season that would be a big plus. Not likely to happen I suppose.

The old saying 'form is temporary, class is permanent'

Applies to both Kompany and Mangala.

Vinnie had a bad year last year, but you dont suddenly become a bad player overnight. Personally I put it down to his injuries and him not having recovered properly. He was making very un Kompany like challenges, I think down to him trying to protect his hammy.

Mangala, although we overpaid for him, is a very good player. It was his first season in the Premier league. He has to come on for that first season.

We have Demichelis who is ever dependable and Denayer who is a rising star. We dont need to waste money on a new CB. We are more than covered. Left back, yes because neither Clichy or Kolarov are good enough.

The old saying 'form is temporary, class is permanent'

Applies to both Kompany and Mangala.

Vinnie had a bad year last year, but you dont suddenly become a bad player overnight. Personally I put it down to his injuries and him not having recovered properly. He was making very un Kompany like challenges, I think down to him trying to protect his hammy.

Mangala, although we overpaid for him, is a very good player. It was his first season in the Premier league. He has to come on for that first season.

We have Demichelis who is ever dependable and Denayer who is a rising star. We dont need to waste money on a new CB. We are more than covered. Left back, yes because neither Clichy or Kolarov are good enough.

I hope you are right about the centre-back situation JnD !

Happy now?

I do know where those local lads are from but I do not yet know which suburb of Manchester Barker is from...all websites I've seen always have birth place Manchester (where exactly).

Why would you think that I don't know George Evans dad is ex-City player Ched Evans...alright Ronnie Evans. Apparently he made his debut in '75 but I don't recall him and I use to use my season ticket in those days to go watch the reserves as well.

Barker is from Monsall in Manchester.

16yr old Cameron Humphreys has also played alongside Kompany on this tour (but not in the Roma game) and he's from Moston in Manchester.

So there's a fair showing of local young talent on tour. Hoping there's a diamond amongst them.

City lost 4v1 to Real Madrid in Melbourne. Delph carried off (hamstring?). City CBs combined age 35.

Man City: Hart, Sagna, Denayer, Humphreys, Kolarov, Toure, Fernando, Delph, Nasri, Silva, Sterling.

Subs: Caballero, Wright, Horsfield, Clichy, Evans, Zuculini, Garcia, Lopes, Navas, Pozo, Unal, Roberts, Iheanacho, Barker, Jovetic, Dzeko.

Real Madrid: Navas, Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo, Kroos, Modric, Isco, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema.

Subs: Arbeloa, Llorente, Nacho, Casemiro, Lucas Silva, Jese, Danilo, Cheryshev, Lucas Vazquez, Varane.

City lost 4v1 to Real Madrid in Melbourne. Delph carried off (hamstring?). City CBs combined age 35.

Man City: Hart, Sagna, Denayer, Humphreys, Kolarov, Toure, Fernando, Delph, Nasri, Silva, Sterling.

Subs: Caballero, Wright, Horsfield, Clichy, Evans, Zuculini, Garcia, Lopes, Navas, Pozo, Unal, Roberts, Iheanacho, Barker, Jovetic, Dzeko.

Real Madrid: Navas, Carvajal, Pepe, Ramos, Marcelo, Kroos, Modric, Isco, Bale, Ronaldo, Benzema.

Subs: Arbeloa, Llorente, Nacho, Casemiro, Lucas Silva, Jese, Danilo, Cheryshev, Lucas Vazquez, Varane.

Sterling was booed ever time he got the ball, and off the park when he was replaced...did give me a chuckle

• Like 1

Sterling was booed ever time he got the ball, and off the park when he was replaced...did give me a chuckle

There must have been a Liverpool contingent there. Bit <deleted> childish in a friendly, to be honest Bob.

There must have been a Liverpool contingent there. Bit <deleted> childish in a friendly, to be honest Bob.

Even more childish if they weren't Liverpool fans. Mob mentality turdcutters.coffee1.gif

Even more childish if they weren't Liverpool fans. Mob mentality turdcutters.coffee1.gif

not Liverpool fans, just Aussies ;)

No...there are many thousands of lifelong Citeh fans out there. :D

Plenty Chelski ones too....even a few PSG ones too.

Not so many Spurs fans....but we have the most supporters in London funnily enough....closely followed by your noisy neighbours mrboj! :lol:

Pellegrini was unfazed by the nature of the defeat against a team that boasted most of its big stars.He lost Eliaquim Mangala, his last experienced central defender, on the morning of the game through sickness, with Martin Demichelis still not back in training after the Copa America and Vincent Kompany back in England with his wife expecting a baby.We knew before the game it would be difficult to play against a team that has such good attackers while missing three centre backs, without Mangala, Kompany and Demichelis, said Pellegrini.