Manchester City

mrbojangles

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33783861

You all need to read and understand this season's new developments...be more offside arguements.

I understand all that save for the reviewing instances of feigning injury. I assume the "review" would be after the match ? Is the ref going to consult the linesman during the game and make an immediate decision regarding feigning ? Must be a post match review which I would favor as long as there is ample video evidence. I could see where there could be some big volume moaning from the "victims".

Well just in case you missed it. Look in the Prediction thread. JackNDanny has issued you a challenge. Are you gonna be chicken and lose face laugh.png

I already told them, I don't get out of bed for peanuts. Leave that to the monkeys.

I'm in two already, I'll end up spending all week on fekkin prediction comps.

tongue.png

No you wouldnt. I am sure you wouldnt be making different predictions for different competitionsblink.png .

So it would take you 30 seconds maximum, once you had decided your predictions for your other million dollar competitionswhistling.gif . But I am sure it wont be long before you come on here telling us you just predicted all the Saturday scores correct, and had a huge accumulator come up............ AFTER the eventrolleyes.gif.

Be grateful, I'm saving you money.

You all need to read and understand this season's new developments...be more offside arguements.

I understand all that save for the reviewing instances of feigning injury. I assume the "review" would be after the match ? Is the ref going to consult the linesman during the game and make an immediate decision regarding feigning ? Must be a post match review which I would favor as long as there is ample video evidence. I could see where there could be some big volume moaning from the "victims".

Like you, I think this must be an after game review but looks hard to police though would pick up and penalise any obvious and clear cases of misjustice.

"Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore told BBC Sport: "A bit of the soap opera is good. Clearly, if it oversteps the mark and gets into the unedifying category it needs to be dealt with."

It's official - football is now an entertainment not a sport.

Seems to me that offside rule is the same one that has been in for a while and was open to the refs interpretation of the law sort of Thai 'up to me' law.

Then again i don't know the offside rule.whistling.gif

• Like 1

Seems to me that offside rule is the same one that has been in for a while and was open to the refs interpretation of the law sort of Thai 'up to me' law.

Then again i don't know the offside rule.whistling.gif

We know!

However the be fair to you it didn't seem to apply to your team for 25 years.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

Angel di Maria has completed his move from Manchester United to Paris St-Germain.PSG and United agreed a 63 million (£44.3million) fee for the midfielderUnited signed Di Maria from Real Madrid for a British record £59.7 million last summer.

15.6million loss, ouch! ;-)

No way they would have sold him to us, but I would love to see him in our blue.

Manchester City have banished speculation linking the club with Pep Guardiola by handing manager Manuel Pellegrini a contract extension to tie him to the club until the end of the 2016-17 season. Similar such extension agreements have also been reached with Pellegrinis backroom team of Ruben Cousillas, Xabier Mancisidor and Jose Cabello.

"We are delighted to reach this agreement with Manuel Pellegrini, who has already contributed so much to the development of Manchester City in his first two years with us and we look forward to further progress in the seasons ahead., Soriano said."This agreement allows Manuel to focus on the challenge of guiding a team capable of both fighting for domestic titles and competing for European honours."

Shrewd move in my opinion.

Manchester City have banished speculation linking the club with Pep Guardiola by handing manager Manuel Pellegrini a contract extension to tie him to the club until the end of the 2016-17 season. Similar such extension agreements have also been reached with Pellegrinis backroom team of Ruben Cousillas, Xabier Mancisidor and Jose Cabello.

"We are delighted to reach this agreement with Manuel Pellegrini, who has already contributed so much to the development of Manchester City in his first two years with us and we look forward to further progress in the seasons ahead., Soriano said."This agreement allows Manuel to focus on the challenge of guiding a team capable of both fighting for domestic titles and competing for European honours."

Letting the players and fans know that Pellegrini is the man and to be respected...of course they could can him in a nanosecond when the time is right and bring in Pep.

Letting the players and fans know that Pellegrini is the man and to be respected...of course they could can him in a nanosecond when the time is right and bring in Pep.

Exactly.

A bit sad when you lot really don't have confidence in your gaffer.

I've confidence in Pellegrini Red. He's done well in his time at City. He makes a mistake from time to time, I think, but there's no guarantee that Pep wouldn't as well. All that said, unless Pellegrini wins the league this season I'd bet a bundle that Pep will take over next year.

I've confidence in Pellegrini Red. He's done well in his time at City. He makes a mistake from time to time, I think, but there's no guarantee that Pep wouldn't as well. All that said, unless Pellegrini wins the league this season I'd bet a bundle that Pep will take over next year.

I'll have a JD and a herd chaser bet that even if he wins the league Pep will still take over next season.

I'll have a JD and a herd chaser bet that even if he wins the league Pep will still take over next season.

Yeah, could happen I suppose. Has a title winning coach ever been canned prior to the following season ? Pretty cutthroat that.

You're not going to win the league with your current squad....so you can relax Jellybean!

Get a fuc...king decent centre-back for needed insurance and an LB who can defend and we got a shot. They won't listen to the Jellydog though !!!!!!! Instead its gonna be De Bakery for mega bucks. How many more attacking options do we need ?!

• Like 1

Yeah, could happen I suppose. Has a title winning coach ever been canned prior to the following season ? Pretty cutthroat that.

In my time, Alex Ferguson is the only one I can recall resigning after winning the league, Dalglish did halfway through the following season.

I doubt Manu would be officially booted, but if he was, it surely would be the first.

You're not going to win the league with your current squad....so you can relax Jellybean!

Get a fuc...king decent centre-back for needed insurance and an LB who can defend and we got a shot. They won't listen to the Jellydog though !!!!!!! Instead its gonna be De Bakery for mega bucks. How many more attacking options do we need ?!

It's a hard one to call. If you remember that we came 2nd though we barely performed all season and maybe only had 2 or 3 players who can be proud of their performance. If individual performances improve, if we're fortunate with injuries while others are not, if, if, if. We have a shout for the Premier, though we seem to want to handicap ourselves defensively, but Chelsea are definitely the team to beat.

Not at all.

I have confidence in Pelle. I'm pretty sure most City fans and our management have confidence in him.

I like and respect Pelle as a man.

For the most part he gets in right but he's a bit too cavalier offensively and I'm sure we'd all like him to copy Maureen's approach to locking the back door.

He did very well in his first season which criminally was not acknowledged by not receiving Manager or the Year.

His 2nd year was undoubtedly hampered by FFP and he was badly let down by most of the players non-performing.

He deserves a third season but nobody can perform adequately with a clock counting down on their contract so the extension was required.

If the players perform, he and we will be alright this season.

In my time, Alex Ferguson is the only one I can recall resigning after winning the league, Dalglish did halfway through the following season.

I doubt Manu would be officially booted, but if he was, it surely would be the first.

Pellegrini understands footballs realities. Pep Guardiola is a manager every team will want, he said. Maybe he is more linked with this team because of the relationship he has with Txiki and Ferran. I trust them and I am sure that, if they want to bring him in, they will tell me. I have no problem with my relations inside the club because I know exactly how the owners think.I would like to be here a long time but it is impossible to know. One year ago there were some important managers like Carlo Ancelotti, who had won the Champions League, and now they are not at the same team.In football, you never know how long the contract will last. You could sign for 10 years and then, after four months, you could be sacked.

To me its obvious that come next season, they will do their upmost to get Pep.

In the event that they fail, then they have the continuity to fall back on with Pellegrini and it then gives them a full year to find a replacement. Maybe tempt Klippety out of his break from the game.

Either way, Pellegrini gets a financial reward with an extra 12 months salary

• Like 1

Former Manchester City legend is named as New Mills assistant

New Mills are poised to unveil former Manchester City legend Shaun Goater as their new assistant boss.

The Bermudian striker scored over 100 goals between 1998 and 2003 for City following a switch from Bristol City for a £400,000 fee, after kicking off his Football League career at Rotherham United.The 45-year-old, who was awarded an MBE in 2003 for his services to sport and young people in his native Bermuda, was invited to join the touchline team at Church Lane by new Millers manager Andy Fearn.Goater met the Millers players for the first time last Thursday night.The club has confirmed that the UEFA B licence holder will assist Fearn against Scarborough Athletic during Saturdays opening game of the new campaign.He will then be unavailable until early September because of his existing commitments, before returning to the post proper.Fearn will introduce Goater to supporters on Tuesday at a special meet the manager evening.A spokesman from the club said: Shaun needs no introduction to football fans after scoring in excess of two hundred goals in a professional career which spanned seventeen seasons.He is best remembered for his time at Manchester City where he overcame a difficult start to become a cult hero at Maine Road.Shaun attended training last Thursday in an observatory role and the subsequent players meeting in the clubhouse.His enthusiam is infectious and he became an instant hit.He stayed until later in the evening, chatting with the players and chairman alike.Shaun will be in the dugout for the first Evo-Stik NPL game against Scarborough Athletic next Saturday.But due to business commitments, he will then be unavailable until early September by which time the club hopes to confirm his role on a permanent basis.This is fabulous news for the club demonstrating that both Andy and Shaun believe New Mills can be successful, both on and off the pitch.The arrival of Goater will certainly appease supporters who would have been dismayed by events earlier in the summer.Keith Briggs had arrived as the clubs new manager after being handpicked by the clubs board of directors following a studious selection process.However, Briggs lasted just 23 days in the post after accepting an offer to join the coaching set-up at League One side Sheffield United.Patrick Kenyon, club treasurer, said at the time: When a Football League club comes calling, then you cant not accept it.The timing couldnt be worse for us really.However, we knew Keith was ambitious as a manger and that he wanted to go places.Despite the setback, Briggs assistant Fearn was given the not to take the top job and he will be aiming to get off to a good start with the visit of Scarborough this weekend, with Goater assisting him.Fearn will then take his new side to face Northwich Victoria next Wednesday night (7.45pm).

NOTE: Hope you all know where New Mills is, but if not, its on the Manchester to Sheffield line, near to Marple, and the correct side of the Pennines.

See Stoke are going to pick up ex-Bayern Xherdan Shaqiri from Inter for only £12m. Wonder why we don't put a bid in or do a swap loan deal for Jovetic. He's very fast and direct, and would be a good acquisition.

I'm glad we passed on little Shaq. Not a bad player but overrated I think and a bit of a jerk as well. Showed his ass a few times during the World Cup.

Too small to play at centre-back.wai.gif

See Stoke are going to pick up ex-Bayern Xherdan Shaqiri from Inter for only £12m. Wonder why we don't put a bid in or do a swap loan deal for Jovetic. He's very fast and direct, and would be a good acquisition.

I'm glad we passed on little Shaq. Not a bad player but overrated I think and a bit of a jerk as well. Showed his ass a few times during the World Cup.

Too small to play at centre-back.wai.gif

I agree, he wouldn't get in to the City team and the only reason he is going to Stoke is to get some game time in the hope that a big club will give him a shot again. Face on him like a smacked arse in the stands yesterday!

And he's anything but very fast Bredbury, strong on the ball, but not very fast.