Manchester City

mrbojangles

Reasonably equal half for the teams. City had 4 chances ( Aguero 3, Sterling header), Aguero looking better but still snatching at chances, KdB looking off the pace, we look better when Silva is on the ball. Dinho looking the better of our midfield. We look so slow when they break. Joe couple of great saves. They look decent and pacey. Never a pen, well done Joe with a great save. We need a goal to settle.

Brilliant save from Aguero. Brilliant. Saved certain goal. Bloody nosecfor goalie. Zaba on for Sterling...minutes of injury time left.

Navas the catalyst...who'd have thunk it.

Not me but he added the needed spark, no question.

A tale of two halves. City sharper in the second half and better able to close down on defense. Amazing difference made by Navas.

Great to see Aguero nab the winner after a very frustrating afternoon, and great to see Zabaleta back.

As an aside, if Yaya isn't any more fit than that he should have stayed in Manchester. Was damn near a passenger.

clap2.gif

Well we weren't great but once we equalised around 70 minutes then it was all City played in the german half. Like the spurs game a goal inflates one team and deflates the other.

Aguero came very close about 5 times...Sterling could have had a headed goal or two...but Joe was excellent when required.

Well done Otamendi. Demis attempt was a yard over the line [HOW DID THE GOAL LINE OFFICIAL NOT SEE THAT!!!!] everybody appealed but Ota kept his cool and smashed it in.

Big win when it looked for a while like we were going down to a defeat.

So who performed last night?

WELL DONE

Hart

Navas (sub)

DECENT

Sagna

Fernandinho

Silva

Fernando (sub)

SO SO

Kolorov

Sterling

Aguero

POOR

Demechellis

Otamendi

Yaya

KdB

*Zaba came on but I don't recall him getting a touch.

Need to do better City. Every game, every season we approach way too open with a must win at all cost attitude. Sometimes you need to stay compact, have a we will not concede mentality and wait for your golden chance to come. City need to adopt a bit of Juventus/Chelsea (champions season) and keep it tight. Last night the space between the defence, midfield and forward lines was way too far apart. Also gor to put those chances away City; can't rely on Hart always saving us in Europe.

It was nice for a change last night to go back to bed for 3hrs sleep not feeling miserable and let down.

Didn't look like a stone-cold pen at the end; thought Aguero's momentum took him into the defender's leg and his momentum was not in the direction the ball was going ..... but I'm glad some English teams are squeaking by anyway.

Didn't look like a stone-cold pen at the end; thought Aguero's momentum took him into the defender's leg and his momentum was not in the direction the ball was going ..... but I'm glad some English teams are squeaking by anyway.

What did you think about the Borrussia pen awarded (not a pen for me) and the Borussia pen not awarded/booking (not a pen for me), and City's goal not given (a disgrace the officials missed it).

We weren't great that's for sure (still bloody naive) so it was nice that we got out of jail for a change.

Manchester City play six games in October - but will travel just SIX miles

Amazing run of fixtures will mean home sweet home for the Blues - while United rack up nearly 4,000 miles during the month

There really is no place like home for Manchester City this month.In the whole of October, The Blues will travel the princely total of six miles from the Etihad to play their six games.United, meanwhile, will clock up 3,886 miles on their travels in October.City's home run kicks off against Newcastle this Saturday, with Bournemouth visiting the Etihad a week later. On Wednesday October 21, City host Sevilla in the Champions League before their only match of the month which involves hopping on the team bus - to Old Trafford for the derby on October 25.

The Wednesday after, on October 28, the Blues are home to Crystal Palace in the last sixteen of the League Cup. Then to round off a good month for the stay-at-homes, City host Norwich City in the Premier League on Saturday October 31.United, meanwhile, clock up their near 4,000-mile total for the month with trips to Arsenal this Sunday, Everton on October 17, and Crystal Palace on October 31. The big mile accumulator is the Champions League game away at CSKA Moscow. The figures, highlighted by TalkSport, are as the crow flies.

Sum num naa ManU! 555

What did you think about the Borrussia pen awarded (not a pen for me) and the Borussia pen not awarded/booking (not a pen for me), and City's goal not given (a disgrace the officials missed it).

We weren't great that's for sure (still bloody naive) so it was nice that we got out of jail for a change.

Didn't see it - soldiers with a North Koean dictatorial bent were running a piece of TV propoganda when the replay was being shown. Missed the first 25 mins and the squaddies gave us back the football just as their guy missed!

Didn't see it - soldiers with a North Koean dictatorial bent were running a piece of TV propoganda when the replay was being shown. Missed the first 25 mins and the squaddies gave us back the football just as their guy missed!

If its not them, its the rain losing the signal.

Just to change the subject, are there any decent refs in EUFA games. The one last night was very weak. I usually fear the ref as much as the opposition in our games. Part of the problem is that different leagues have different cultures but aren't our uk teams players instructed on what to expect from the particular match officials. ..if not they should be.