Manchester City

mrbojangles

I think it's fair to say that Pogba regularly flits in and out of games - he doesn't dominate games yet - AND, he is one of the most highly rated central midfielder in the world and would walk in to any team.

I would agree that as player types, a comparison to De Bruyne isn't like for like as they are completely different types of players (probably Pogba and Yaya is a closer comparison but one is a young buck and the other becoming a veteran), however my comparison was that they are both highly rated players in the world and would walk in to any team and MONEYWISE I can't see Pogba being worth 20m more than KdB.

I don't think Pogba would have made much difference to our team last Saturday, which was a disaster brought about by no legs in midfield, too slow in midfield/defence, no cover for the nervy defence, as Pogba is more of an artist - Fernandinho or somebody with his work ethic would have made a difference, even Delph would have made a difference.

I don't think for a minute Pogba's next destination will be to the Etihad.

"De Bruyne would walk into any team" biggrin.png now you are aving a laugh.

Either you are havin a laugh Alfie, or you ain't seen De Bruyne play. He really is the real deal that lad. He has far excelled my highest expectations of him before he played his first game for us.

I think Alfie's seen KdB but doesn't recognise class, eh Alfie.

]

I think it's fair to say that Pogba regularly flits in and out of games - he doesn't dominate games yet - AND, he is one of the most highly rated central midfielder in the world and would walk in to any team.

I would agree that as player types, a comparison to De Bruyne isn't like for like as they are completely different types of players (probably Pogba and Yaya is a closer comparison but one is a young buck and the other becoming a veteran), however my comparison was that they are both highly rated players in the world and would walk in to any team and MONEYWISE I can't see Pogba being worth 20m more than KdB.

I don't think Pogba would have made much difference to our team last Saturday, which was a disaster brought about by no legs in midfield, too slow in midfield/defence, no cover for the nervy defence, as Pogba is more of an artist - Fernandinho or somebody with his work ethic would have made a difference, even Delph would have made a difference.

Either you are havin a laugh Alfie, or you ain't seen De Bruyne play. He really is the real deal that lad. He has far excelled my highest expectations of him before he played his first game for us.

]

Your straying away from your inital comment of would walk in to any team, now in my opinion he wouldn't, where is that saying that he is not a good player ?

]

Your straying away from your inital comment of would walk in to any team, now in my opinion he wouldn't, where is that saying that he is not a good player ?

Don't see any post where I strayed away from my original comment (which is my opinion), even when I joshed that KdB would be 1st choice on Spurs teamlist. It's opinions that make it worthwhile coming on here isn't it ;-)

.]

Psst - or he recognises an opportunity for prolonging a wind-up!

[De Bruyne clearly would walk into any (prem) team of course for the kind of money you paid for him]

[De Bruyne clearly would walk into any (prem) team of course for the kind of money you paid for him]

Maybe not Chelsea.thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

typo

Edited by alfieconn

I hear you are offering Messi a million quid an hour and a flat in Cheadle.....any truth in this lads?

No Smokes. There is absolutely no truth that you heard this. I can guarantee you made it up though tongue.png

I saw it on the BBC from the Sun so it must be true! :D

I hear you are offering Messi a million quid an hour and a flat in Cheadle.....any truth in this lads?

No Smokes. There is absolutely no truth that you heard this. I can guarantee you made it up though tongue.png

I saw it on the BBC from the Sun so it must be true! biggrin.png

Oh right. In that case Messi will be with us before the xmas Turkey left overs have been scoffed up laugh.png

• Like 1

Silva reported to be back tomorrow after 9 games out. Bony also available.

Hart will miss tomorrow's Premier League visit of Southampton, as well as the Capital One Cup quarter-final at home to Hull and City's trip to Stoke the following weekend.

Wonky Willy has conceded 18 goals in his 10 starts but Pellegrini insists he has lost not confidence in him (we have though; he talks the talk but he's never walked the walk).

It gets worse. Citys No 3 keeper Richard Wright, who last played a Premier League game nine years ago for Everton, will be on the bench.

In Kompany's eight Premier League appearances, City have conceded just one goal. In the five matches without him, 13 have been let in.

After 13 games we sit on 26 points. Last season at this stage we had 27. Two years ago - when we won the title - our tally was 25. All to play for then.

SPECULATION

1. Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi in talks with Man City over stunning £800,000-a-week move.

2. MANCHESTER CITY made a £28.1million offer for Juventus defender Alex Sandro just hours after facing the ace in the Champions League. That is according to Italian newspaper Gazzetta dello Sport, who claim Juve officials received a bid shortly after the club's 1-0 win over City on Wednesday. Left-back Sandro, 24, played 78 minutes of the clash in Turin.

He was excellent the other night and would look an upgrade on Kolorov and Clichy.

3. Media reporting Pep on his way.

If he is, I do hope the management keep it under wraps until the end of season; we wouldn't want it unsettling Pelle and the boys.

If you non-City fans ever get to the Etihad, it's really worth getting there early and spending time in the entertainment area called City Square. It's an area with a stage, between the stadium, the merchandise shop, the outdoor bars and City's tram stop (yep matchdays trams run to the ground from Piccadilly).

It's always a great place to be and you'll be fine there if you hide your colours.

As an example of what's typically on, this weekend Ex-City, Sunderland and England centre half Dave Watson and Fifth Gear Presenter Tiff Needell (big football fan apparently) be interviewed and there's always a few live bands on, this time it's "Edinburgh indie rock band, Ded Rabbitt will be playing their latest tracks after whats been a very successful 2015 for the four brothers. The award-winning COLOUR will also take to the stage after recently being named one of BBC Introducing's best newcomers".

If you non-City fans ever get to the Etihad, it's really worth getting there early and spending time in the entertainment area called City Square. It's an area with a stage, between the stadium, the merchandise shop, the outdoor bars and City's tram stop (yep matchdays trams run to the ground from Piccadilly).

It's always a great place to be and you'll be fine there if you hide your colours.

As an example of what's typically on, this weekend Ex-City, Sunderland and England centre half Dave Watson and Fifth Gear Presenter Tiff Needell (big football fan apparently) be interviewed and there's always a few live bands on, this time it's "Edinburgh indie rock band, Ded Rabbitt will be playing their latest tracks after whats been a very successful 2015 for the four brothers. The award-winning COLOUR will also take to the stage after recently being named one of BBC Introducing's best newcomers".

Last match away day i enjoyed in Manchester was the Michael Owen hat-trick at Main Road, wasn't so much away as I was living in Crumpsall. I don't think you could ever beat that entertainment at the Etihad...mind you 1-4 and a Skrtel screamer would have come close.....Tiff Needle with a Ded Rabbitt doesn't come close tongue.png

Edited by BangrakBob

So....do you think you're good enough to win the league?

The lord of the quays has declared Leicester the winners already apparently!

At the moment we're no better or worse than the other teams at the top. If we could just get our key players all fit and playing together we might just do something. At the moment no one team looks good enough to pull ahead and win it. Time will tell.

]

I just find it strange that i haven't watched one football tv show or read one newspaper column that have said that De Bruyne has set the world alight this season but perhaps they are all watching different games to City supporters, oh sorry i did see this on Talksports website Who will be the better player - Anthony Martial or Kevin De Bruyne? biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

If i have missed something please post the link as i would find it interesting, thanks

Edited by alfieconn

Why don't you watch a couple of matches and make your own informed view then Alfie.

I have no reason to laud or decry ginger-top, but I've watched 2 or 3 TV full broadcasts of matches where De Bruyne played including the Liverpool and Juve games. Personally i think he is an excellent player and worth the money they paid. Lively, tracks back, good feet and great crosser of the ball.

Over to you as another non-Manc to tell us what you think, rather than just extrapolating from what you think the generality of journos are not saying about him.

Shalln't be entering a debate with you about it as I suspect you are merely trolling anyway.

Why don't you watch a couple of matches and make your own informed view then Alfie.

I have no reason to laud or decry ginger-top, but I've watched 2 or 3 TV full broadcasts of matches where De Bruyne played including the Liverpool and Juve games. Personally i think he is an excellent player and worth the money they paid. Lively, tracks back, good feet and great crosser of the ball.

Over to you as another non-Manc to tell us what you think, rather than just extrapolating from what you think the generality of journos are not saying about him.

Shalln't be entering a debate with you about it as I suspect you are merely trolling anyway.

Read my previous posts Numpty :

Why don't you watch a couple of matches and make your own informed view then Alfie. :From this comment "De Bruyne would walk into any team" biggrin.png now you are aving a laugh", i would have thought that you would have realized iv'e seen him play !!!

I also said "where is that saying that he is not a good player ? "

Shalln't be entering a debate with you about it as I suspect you are merely trolling anyway. : so why have you posted then ? biggrin.png biggrin.png biggrin.png

For the thicko's on here, nowhere have i said that he is not a good player, all i done was disagree with bb about him "walking into any team" , now if people want me to say that he would walk into any team such Barce, Rm, BM just let me know and i'll say it biggrin.png