Manchester City

mrbojangles

Whats the average age of your squad Jack? Sorry i should have made that clearer. I did read that at the start of the season that was the average age of your squad. City will undoubtedly be playing an awful lot of games and there will be a need for a lot of rotation.

We can all put out a fairly young starting eleven but whats the squad like for the long haul? Its just a question?

Er, what has AVERAGE age of the team/squad got to do with anything? It's about individual ages, and Jack and I have answered age concerns above.

It would suggest that a younger fitter body can play more minutes and at a higher intensity. Which when playing in four competitions, possibly in excess of sixty matches would suggest a young average age to be highly beneficial.

Whilst Jack did, i don't think you answered anything really, just took it personally as a slur against your club which is usually your reaction to any question.

I think averaging out the ages can be misleading when the figure is used on it's own. I think a good team consists of both youth and experience. I wouldn't want a team who average out at 21, as it would be a team full of very athletic, fit lads who are still learning and lack experience. Aston Villa being a case in mind a couple of years ago.

To me, the most important element is ensuring that you are succession planning for the individuals who are getting close to the end of their career and you don't have too many "oldies" playing in the same areas. I.E. I wouldn't want all of our defence to be in their early 30's which would mean having to introduce a new defence virtually all at the same time. I would prefer bringing in the odd youngster here and there to replace the odd older guy and therefore not disrupting the set up too much.

• Like 1

^Coiincidentally, Blue Tuesday this week on BBC radio manchester was mainly about Yaya, and the majority opinion was he is past his best but still every team in the premier would be happy to take on his services, he needs to cut out his games for his national team, manager needs to use Yaya sensibly (not in every game, pick a role for him maybe like Pirlo keeping the ball moving, play in a 3) and he will remain an "important" player for us for several seasons more.

• Like 1

^Coiincidentally, Blue Tuesday this week on BBC radio manchester was mainly about Yaya, and the majority opinion was he is past his best but still every team in the premier would be happy to take on his services, he needs to cut out his games for his national team, manager needs to use Yaya sensibly (not in every game, pick a role for him maybe like Pirlo keeping the ball moving, play in a 3) and he will remain an "important" player for us for several seasons more.

Looks like Delph might fit the bill for giving Yaya a breather. I hope it works out that way. Good for Delph, good for Yaya and good for the team.

We wouldn't want him, doesn't fit our criteria i'm afraid.

'like pirlo' :lol: think some people are seeing things in yo yo 's play that just arnt there.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You may be right, however it is a fact that Yaya does get more touches of the ball than virtually all our players, his composure with the ball is excellent as is his passing game, and if he could be Barcelona's defensive midfielder when he doesn't like to tackle or head the ball, I wouldn't be surprised if he could do a pirlo-type role for us (more passing, less running).

]

Looks like Delph might fit the bill for giving Yaya a breather. I hope it works out that way. Good for Delph, good for Yaya and good for the team.

In the few games Delph has played for us he has contributed. He's got great energy and drive, and makes it happen. Downside is he's not great on the ball. At 8 million quid he could work out as a real bargain buy. Between Delph, Dinho and Nando, we should be able to pick n choose Yayas game time.

]

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/forget-abramovich-buying-chelsea-manchester-city-s-china-deal-will-truly-transform-football-a3129141.html

"This gives City business, diplomatic and governmental backing so immense that someone has already joked that they might one day get their own seat at the United Nations.

Why do you think David Cameron had that selfie taken with Sergio Aguero and the Chinese President, Xi Jinping during the recent state visit?

You could even argue that Whitehalls eagerness to secure favour and business relations with China now makes City the team which Downing Street wants to succeed more than any other".

^Also explains this.......The induction of a little-known Chinese footballer into English football’s hall of fame has been described by one MP as a “grubby little fix” to buy influence during the Chinese president’s state trip to Britain.

The cynics among us would wonder how much involvement Cameron had in the deal as wellwhistling.gif

^ Keep up lad. Us cynics are well aheadthumbsup.gif

Do not for the life of me understand why he is giving that useless, lazy waste of a squad number Bony more chances.

City: Hart, Sagna, Demichelis, Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, de Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Bony

Subs: Caballero, Navas, Kelechi, Delph, M. Garcia, Clichy, Humphreys

Do not for the life of me understand why he is giving that useless, lazy waste of a squad number Bony more chances.

City: Hart, Sagna, Demichelis, Otamendi, Kolarov, Fernando, Fernandinho, de Bruyne, Silva, Sterling, Bony

Subs: Caballero, Navas, Kelechi, Delph, M. Garcia, Clichy, Humphreys

You have to give other teams a chance!

Imagine if you had Klopp as manager....

Gawd I'm feeling evil today. :D

Man City have plenty of injury problems, with Sergio Aguero, Yaya Toure, Vincent Kompany, Pablo Zabaleta and Samr Nasri out, while Eliaquim Mangala is out injured.

Man City XI:

Hart,

Sagna, Demichelis, Otamendi, Kolarov,

Fernando, Fernandinho,

KdB, Silva, Sterling,

Bony

Subs: Caballero, Navas, Kelechi, Delph, Garcia, Clichy, Humphreys

Not my day today. Truevisions and GMMZ not working; have truevisions technician coming TUESDAY. Now sat in a restaurant in megabanga watching the buildup to the game and the manager has changed it to the King's live celebrations. I've asked will be put the game on at 7.45...says yes...we'll see.

Ps. Went to the movie about Moby Dick today. Excellent, whole family enjoyed it...never knew Moby Dick is based on a true story.

How much did Navas cost you?

More than he's worth, that's a fact.

]

I thought he cost you a packet....gawd and you are still paying Adebayor too...mental!
There was a time when Adebayor was a decent player...how he's wasted his talent.

Lazy bastard.