Manchester City

mrbojangles

Without wanting to enter another argument How the f... Can u have spent so much money and run out of players ??? And to only register 21 for your prem squad?? Imo at best is absolute prime stupidity and at worst in a PLC with so much wedge involved could border criminal negligence maybe slightly ott but you get the drift

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The important figure to remember is 17.

Thats how many foreign players one is allowed to register in your squad( unless they are homegrown)

City have their full allotment of 17.

Of those 17, 7 are injured, one is a keeper and a further 2 are just back from injury.

The answer is to bring more home grown talent through. We certainly have 4 who are good enough to play right now.. I blame Pellegrini in as much as he seems very reluctant to play these young kids.

• Like 1

Answer to question 2: I'd also like to know why we only registered 21.

In reality we have more than 21 registered. We have a list of a gazillion names who are U21 who do not 'need' to be on the 25 man squad list ( Sterling, for example)

The only way we could have more than 21 registered is if we had more English players on our books.

Remember we only let both Dzeko and Jovetic go because we needed room for De Bruyne. In hindsight we should have kept Denayer, let Demichelis go and kept one of either Dzeko or Jovetic

• Like 2

Without wanting to enter another argument How the f... Can u have spent so much money and run out of players ??? And to only register 21 for your prem squad?? Imo at best is absolute prime stupidity and at worst in a PLC with so much wedge involved could border criminal negligence maybe slightly ott but you get the drift

Thats how many foreign players one is allowed to register in your squad( unless they are homegrown)

Of those 17, 7 are injured, one is a keeper and a further 2 are just back from injury.

The answer is to bring more home grown talent through. We certainly have 4 who are good enough to play right now.. I blame Pellegrini in as much as he seems very reluctant to play these young kids.

Which ever way you look at it jack for the amount of money you've had put in, it ain't really acceptable planning. If i we're the sheik i'de be double pissed

It's a funny one relate that to the real world, would you risk putting someone 'on the job' that ultimately could cost you your job ?

Most Would say not, as far as i can see same goes for footie managers, time for them to be in the same thing as players only sacked In the windows or even better only close season give them a little job security and maybe

They'll take a risk or two with youngsters , as it stands you sort of can't really blame them especially when the accepted culture is buy. Buy. Buy buy buy.

It's a funny one relate that to the real world, would you risk putting someone 'on the job' that ultimately could cost you your job ?

Most Would say not, as far as i can see same goes for footie managers, time for them to be in the same thing as players only sacked In the windows or even better only close season give them a little job security and maybe

They'll take a risk or two with youngsters , as it stands you sort of can't really blame them especially when the accepted culture is buy. Buy. Buy buy buy.

Certainly that is true of a lot of managers, certainly Pellegrini takes the safety first route.

But I think Pellegrini has it easier than most in as much as he could bring a young kid into a team full of stars and get away with a mediocre performance from the kid.

If a youngster is good enough, he is good enough. In my opinion Iheanacho should be starting in front of Bony and right now with our defence, I would play the kid Humphries or Maffeo before Demichelis.

Aint going to happen because our manager dont have balls

• Like 1

Which ever way you look at it jack for the amount of money you've had put in, it ain't really acceptable planning. If i we're the sheik i'de be double pissed

The answer is either have an academy churning out superstars ( which I genuinley believe we are working toward and getting there) or Buy English. Unfortunately English players come at a premium price. Catch 22 situation.

To be fair we have been unlucky with injuries, but I would have prferred rather than complain about it, just play a couple of kids. Low expectations, high upside.

You ain't the sheik Rij so rest easy.thumbsup.gif

Demichelis injured.

But Pellegrini has just admitted he played him injured V Stoke!!

So not only can every man and his dog see that Demichelis has digressed rapidly this year, but Pelle plays him carrying an injury!!!!!!

If I was Humphries or Maffeo, I would be seriously thinking what is the point of hanging around. If you cannot get a game in front of an injured and past it Demichelis then how low does it have to go before they get a game??

• Like 1

Good to have Yaya back. Demichelis injury sounds like he just needs a few days rest.

See Monchengladbach haven't lost since City beat them and were the first team to beat Bayern this season at the weekend.

Amen to that. For all the grief Yaya gets (at times deserved) he is still a big part of the City motor. He has been the only true box to box midfielder for City for how long ? Without him City often struggles to move the ball up the pitch. Against Stoke the City attack became one punt up the field after another by Hart and the back line. I'm hoping Delph can fit in as a box to box midfielder. Fernandinho just doesn't fit the bill. Heck of a player and our best DM by miles, but doesn't protect the ball the way Yaya does and doesn't have the dribbling skills.

Demichelis injured.

But Pellegrini has just admitted he played him injured V Stoke!!

So not only can every man and his dog see that Demichelis has digressed rapidly this year, but Pelle plays him carrying an injury!!!!!!

If I was Humphries or Maffeo, I would be seriously thinking what is the point of hanging around. If you cannot get a game in front of an injured and past it Demichelis then how low does it have to go before they get a game??

Totally agree jack.

Considering one of his main briefs was to bring youngsters through the academy, it's very poor management.

Have to laugh when a poster on here knows more than a Premiership manager cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by alfieconn

Have to laugh when a poster on here knows more than a Premiership manager cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Do you not have opinions which differ from Spurs manager? Do you not think sometimes Spurs manager makes wrong decisions? Football players, you will agree, as a whole are not the brightest are they, and by extension football managers are not the brightest [Pellegrini as a qualified (structural?) Engineer is clearly an educated man]. We can all agree managers don't make the right decisions all the time and often they make decisions which are clearly wrong.

Do you not have opinions which differ from Spurs manager? Do you not think sometimes Spurs manager makes wrong decisions? Football players, you will agree, as a whole are not the brightest are they, and by extension football managers are not the brightest [Pellegrini as a qualified (structural?) Engineer is clearly an educated man]. We can all agree managers don't make the right decisions all the time and often they make decisions which are clearly wrong.

Where have i said that no one is allowed to have an opinion ? but there are different aspects of a football club such as "youngsters being good enough" that i wouldn't have a clue about so i wouldn't give an opinion and i wonder what Jack bases his opinion on and i wonder how many games Jack has seen these boys play ? how often has he seen them training ? perhaps he just doesn't realize that how much a step up it is from playing u21's, lower league football to playing Premiership Football and then to hit the ground running.To be fair he is probably thinking "if Spurs can do it then why can't we" but we seem to be the exception to the rule tongue.png

Wasting your time BB.

Bungalow Alfie is one poster with whom it is impossible to discuss or debate anything with.

Only thing you can do is swap insults...... but thats like taking candy off a babylaugh.png

As the Liverpool boys say... Alfie is a gift that keeps on givingcheesy.gif

• Like 1

Wasting your time BB.
Bungalow Alfie is one poster with whom it is impossible to discuss or debate anything with.
Only thing you can do is swap insults...... but thats like taking candy off a baby:lol:
As the Liverpool boys say... Alfie is a gift that keeps on giving:cheesy:

Is that it facepalm.giffacepalm.gif and there's me thinking that you were going to respond to my post whistling.gifbiggrin.png

Anyway show me where i have insulted you, proved you wrong maybe !!

Edited by alfieconn

Looks like Pellegrini has been reading our comments on Bony, dropping him up front.

He obviously feels Sagna needs a rest more than Kolorov.

Not much available on the bench, just Sagna, Navas and Bony with 3 kids. Bare bones!

Manchester City:

Hart,

Clichy, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov,

Toure ©, Fernandinho, Delph,

Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling.

Subs: Caballero, Maffeo, Sagna, Adarabioyo, Celina, Navas, Bony.

Looks like Pellegrini has been reading our comments on Bony, dropping him up front.

He obviously feels Sagna needs a rest more than Kolorov.

Not much available on the bench, just Sagna, Navas and Bony with 3 kids. Bare bones!

Manchester City:

Hart,

Clichy, Otamendi, Mangala, Kolarov,

Toure ©, Fernandinho, Delph,

Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling.

Subs: Caballero, Maffeo, Sagna, Adarabioyo, Celina, Navas, Bony.

No recognised right back or recognised Centre Forward, Not bothered about the ommission of Bony, but I would have liked to have seen Maffeo start rather than let Clichy ( I presume) play out of position at right back