Manchester City

mrbojangles

Why. Because the squad restrictions allow City as stated below with an unlimited number of under-21 players.

We currently have lots of injuries to our selected squad players, we therefore had to put these u21s on the bench to fill the bench. If say 3 of City's back 4 were injured last night, then Pellegrini would most likely had to bring on Sagna, the kid right back and kid centre back - doesn't mean they're ready, more emergency fill in.

You can not just bring in mediocre makeshift players in to the squad as squad places have restrictions and there's a numerical limit...reason why Jovetic was out last season and Nacho this season.

"The current UEFA rules state that the 25 man squad submitted by each club playing in the UEFA Champions League must have at least 8 locally trained players named in it.UEFA's complex formula for squad composition means City can submit 17 foreign stars, four 'home-grown' - Joe Hart, Raheem Sterling, Gael Clichy and Fabian Delph and an unlimited number of under-21 players."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-starlet-kelechi-iheanacho-6369602

Your missing the point BB. I am fully aware of the laws..... I posted them on here a couple of days ago.

You have a basic number of squad members. Now at the beginning of the season, prior to naming the squad, surely somebody somewhere would state the "What If" scenario. In other words if we have X number of injuries, do we have enough youngsters who are good enough? Alternatively if the answer to that question is NO, then we have to fill up our squad with some makeshift English fringe players. Off the top of my head, players like Caulker, Austin, Aarons, Downing,Westwood,, Glen Johnson, Kept Micah Richards,etc etc.

Its not rocket science. You cannot keep blaming injuries..Liverpool, Arsenal, United. All have had massive injuries. If you are challenging in all 4 competitions, you dont go into a season keeping your fingers crossed that the likes of Aguero/Silva and Kompany dont get injured.. If your kids are on the bench, either they are good enough or somebody has screwed up. If they are not good enough to play, they are not good enough to be on the bench

Why. Because the squad restrictions allow City as stated below with an unlimited number of under-21 players.

We currently have lots of injuries to our selected squad players, we therefore had to put these u21s on the bench to fill the bench. If say 3 of City's back 4 were injured last night, then Pellegrini would most likely had to bring on Sagna, the kid right back and kid centre back - doesn't mean they're ready, more emergency fill in.

You can not just bring in mediocre makeshift players in to the squad as squad places have restrictions and there's a numerical limit...reason why Jovetic was out last season and Nacho this season.

"The current UEFA rules state that the 25 man squad submitted by each club playing in the UEFA Champions League must have at least 8 locally trained players named in it.UEFA's complex formula for squad composition means City can submit 17 foreign stars, four 'home-grown' - Joe Hart, Raheem Sterling, Gael Clichy and Fabian Delph and an unlimited number of under-21 players."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-city-starlet-kelechi-iheanacho-6369602

'unlimited' using no more than 25 in total though? meaning ATM there's a short fall of 4? or can that mean you just use as many as you want?

You could use 4 or 44. Doesnt matter, as long as they are under 21 AND been at the club for at least 2 years

^League cup semi-final is a 2 legged affair.

But it will be over after the first game.laugh.png

Dont go all Alfie on me!

Yup.....you'll have no bloody players left after 'The Dogs of War' have got at themlaugh.png

BTW Payet says hellobiggrin.png

Edited by wilai

^actually you're missing the point in that our management doesn't seem to consider that any of our youngsters except for Nacho merits the place of our senior players...and that seems fair enough from my point of view...deemed better = get the place; other than that it is 'normal' to 'blood' players as I mentioned before.

Our management also must have considered our senior squad sufficient (I would say it probably is except I reckon we're a forward short) to cope with what the sesson brings WITHOUT having to resort to having to stick 3 untried kids on the bench for an important champions league group decider match but due to all the injuries we have we had to take that action...could have been worse as Yaya was just back from suspension.

If you have too many players in a squad, so many don't get a game = bad for morale.

I reiterate, the kids were on the bench not because they were selected ahead of senior players but simply due to injuries. When deemed good enough/better than others/time is right, I'm sure they'll get the chance.

^ Jeez lad...you never seen McCarthy and Barry in action? (Oh yeah, Barry's one of yours ain't hebiggrin.png ) Have a word with Slaven Bilic and see if he agreesfacepalm.gif When you have time, google Everton/Joe Royle/Dogs of war....will soon make sensethumbsup.gif

Nowt personal lad, but the more I read your posts, the more I believe you only discovered football when City came into money...your historical knowledge of the 1st division/early premiership years seems non existent biggrin.png

Edited by wilai

^your post referring to we'll have no players left after dogs of war confused me as we've played everton already (away won 0v2) and we don't play them again until in January I think. Never thought of Everton as being particularly dirty (yes it was a bad tackle on payet...never considered Barry dirty). Thanks for clarifying.

^ Jeez lad...you never seen McCarthy and Barry in action? (Oh yeah, Barry's one of yours ain't hebiggrin.png ) Have a word with Slaven Bilic and see if he agreesfacepalm.gif When you have time, google Everton/Joe Royle/Dogs of war....will soon make sensethumbsup.gif

Nowt personal lad, but the more I read your posts, the more I believe you only discovered football when City came into money...your historical knowledge of the 1st division/early premiership years seems non existent biggrin.png

2nd paragraph: why, cause I couldn't remember a spanish player who played for liverpool!!! ;-) Grow up lad!

So now that the Champions League group stage is settled, we know the possibilities of who we may get drawn against.

Group winners play their first leg away from home which I think is an advantage, and no team can be drawn against another club from their group of own country.

Group winners: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Zenit St Petersburg, Wolfsburg, Atletico Madrid, Manchester City, Chelsea.

Group runners-up: Paris Saint-Germain, PSV Eindhoven, Benfica, Juventus, Roma, Arsenal, Dynamo Kiev, Gent.

Therefore, City will face either: Paris Saint-Germain, PSV Eindhoven, Benfica, Roma, Dynamo Kiev or Gent. The biggest threat there is PSG I reckon but I doubt they would like to get drawn against us either.

So now that the Champions League group stage is settled, we know the possibilities of who we may get drawn against.

Group winners play their first leg away from home which I think is an advantage, and no team can be drawn against another club from their group of own country.

Group winners: Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Zenit St Petersburg, Wolfsburg, Atletico Madrid, Manchester City, Chelsea.

Group runners-up: Paris Saint-Germain, PSV Eindhoven, Benfica, Juventus, Roma, Arsenal, Dynamo Kiev, Gent.

Therefore, City will face either: Paris Saint-Germain, PSV Eindhoven, Benfica, Roma, Dynamo Kiev or Gent. The biggest threat there is PSG I reckon but I doubt they would like to get drawn against us either.

Let's have Gent. Short trip and pretty minnowish. No PSG please, and no Roma. The Italian clubs play us tough.

Nice not to have Barca this time around.

You'll remember the beginning of the season when we won 5 on the bounce and the media (Idiots) had already conceded the Premier to City, well I was wondering who was in our team. From looking below at the team selection for those games, it's apparent we were pretty much able to play our first-choice players (Hart, ZABA, Kompany, OTAMENDI, Kolorov, Fernandinho, Yaya, KDB, Silva, Sterling, Aguero) bar Zaba (who's been injured pretty much all season but Sagna has done ok), Otamendi and KdB (didn't arrive till Palace game). Need to get that team out on a regular basis in the 2nd half of the season, and in particular get crystal-calfs Kompany on the pitch.

WBA A 0v3

Hart, Kolarov, Sagna, Kompany, Mangala, Fernandinho, Toure (Demichelis, 80), Silva, Navas, Sterling (Nasri, 74), Bony (Aguero, 63)

Chelsea H 3v0

Hart, Sagna, Kompany ©, Mangala, Kolarov, Yaya Toure, Fernandinho, Navas (Navas, 65), Silva, Sterling (Demichelis, 79), Aguero (Bony, 85)

Everton A 0v2

Hart, Sagna, Kolarov, Mangala, Kompany, Yaya Toure, Fernandinho, Silva (Delph 89), Sterling (Nasri 76), Navas, Aguero (Bony 81)

Watford H 2v0

Hart, Sagna, Kolarov, Mangala, Kompany, Yaya Toure, Fernandinho, Silva (Delph 75), Sterling (Iheanacho 88), Navas (Nasri 46), Aguero

Palace A 0v1

[Last minute winner / Silva n Sterling out injured / KdB debut from bench]

Hart, Sagna, Mangala, Kompany, Kolarov, Fernandinho, Yaya Toure, Navas, NASRI (Demichelis 90+4), BONY (Iheanacho 89), Aguero (De Bruyne 25)

Thereafter, Kompany was out and our defence has never been the same, Silva and Aguero were out for the most part, the stand-ins have kept us in the mix.

)

^ No idea who you are posting for (apart from yourself maybe?) as anyone else interested will be watching the game themselves and not following your inane commentarygigglem.gif BTW Pellegrini isn't reading this forum either "COME ON PELLEGRINI. COME ON CITY. WAKE UP "cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

PS...Doh is a very apt comment as you do remind me of Homerbiggrin.png

^back to City.

We never got going and that was poor.

Doesn't help the fluency of the team playing Clichy and Sagna/Navas who always end up playing the backwards.

Very happy with Yaya today who was decent and looked like he eanted it more than others, Silva was decent and once he went off we couldn't do anything go forward, and Hart saved us atleast 6 times and it took something special to beat him.

Pellegrini as usual too slow with his subs...Bony scored but did little elese and should have been hooked earlier. .taking Sterling off and not Bony or Navas was wrong..Delph should have started.

Got out of jail there.

Need to get the core (Hart, Zaba, Kompany, Yaya, Silva & Aguero) of the team back and playing together if we're going to do anything in any competition this season.