Manchester City

mrbojangles

^I said fair result as I thought apart from possibly getting a draw in the last 10 minutes we didn't threaten enough but Arsenal after the goal were a constant threat. Apparently we had more possession, more passes and I think I heard Dykes say the most chances for an away team at the Emirates but great chances, I don't think so, and I don't think those stats tell the true story of the game.

Don't get me wrong BB, I don't think we deserved the win but I thought we did enough to get a draw. We were at the Emirates and look at the stats. If that would have been at the Etihad and we got the win but Arsenal had those stats, we would have been saying how lucky we were to come away with the 3 points.

Arsenal created far more clear chances though.

Campbell and Ramsey had easier ones than the ones we scored.

So I don't agree.

Wenger seems to have Pellegrini worked out.

If you are happy to play mourinho style football and let the opposition have that much possession when you are at home, so be it.

Personally, I think Pelle should save his go all out for a win style when we are at home but be more savvy when away.

^I said fair result as I thought apart from possibly getting a draw in the last 10 minutes we didn't threaten enough but Arsenal after the goal were a constant threat. Apparently we had more possession, more passes and I think I heard Dykes say the most chances for an away team at the Emirates but great chances, I don't think so, and I don't think those stats tell the true story of the game.

Don't get me wrong BB, I don't think we deserved the win but I thought we did enough to get a draw. We were at the Emirates and look at the stats. If that would have been at the Etihad and we got the win but Arsenal had those stats, we would have been saying how lucky we were to come away with the 3 points.

So I don't agree.

This might surprise you Chicog, but you and I agree on our view of the game. The fact that Joe Hart was City's MoM AGAIN says a lot.

post-19652-0-61973900-1450766914_thumb.p

post-19652-0-32813600-1450766941_thumb.p

So I don't agree.

This might surprise you Chicog, but you and I agree on our view of the game. The fact that Joe Hart was City's MoM AGAIN says a lot.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-12-22-07-54-37.png

attachicon.gifScreenshot_2015-12-22-07-54-48.png

But it isn't a fact that Hart was our MoM BB, it's not a definitive stat, it's an opinion of that particular sports write. I don't know where your link is from SkySports had Toure down has City's best player http://www.skysports.com/football/arsenal-vs-man-city/341347

I thought we did enough that if we'd have got an equaliser nobody would really have moaned about it and probably said it was a fair result but it's all about opinions and I suppose we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

So I don't agree.

But it isn't a fact that Hart was our MoM BB, it's not a definitive stat, it's an opinion of that particular sports write. I don't know where your link is from SkySports had Toure down has City's best player http://www.skysports.com/football/arsenal-vs-man-city/341347

I thought we did enough that if we'd have got an equaliser nobody would really have moaned about it and probably said it was a fair result but it's all about opinions and I suppose we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

You're a chump....looooser lol.

So I don't agree.

The marks for the City players in the images i posted are the overall marks voted by City fans on the M.E.N. website - a consensus of opinions.

If Arsenal players had put their 2nd half chances away/Joe Hart hadn't saved those chances before our late rally, we would have been dead and buried and looking at another humiliating score. I also thought Yaya was our best outfield player but I've read a lot criticising him including Carragher. We were good and the better more composed team for the first +30 minutes but that changed once Arsenal got their first. 2nd half chasing the game we were way too open and Arsenal were picking us off. Still don't know how Arsenal didn't get a 3rd. Once Yaya surprised everybody with that lovely finish it was all City as a tiring Arsenal, with too many defensive players on and no outlets, tired and we were very unlucky not to level. Overall I thought Arsenal were the better team, it went their way with the goal and allowed them to play thereafter as they wanted/planned to (on the break), and I think currently Arsenal look the better team and the most likely to win the Premier. There is though more than half a season left but City need to wake up, put a run together and have a decent 2nd half of the season if we're to win it. At the moment I don't think we will...but you never know in football.

]

OH NO WE WON'T!

(Well it is Panto season).

The Blues are 16th in the Premier League form table based on the past half-dozen fixtures - worse than crisis-hit Chelsea (ninth) and struggling Manchester United who are 12th.City have won two, lost three and drawn one in that period, leaving them third in the league, six points behind leaders Leicester.

Sort it out!

The marks for the City players in the images i posted are the overall marks voted by City fans on the M.E.N. website - a consensus of opinions.

If Arsenal players had put their 2nd half chances away/Joe Hart hadn't saved those chances before our late rally, we would have been dead and buried and looking at another humiliating score. I also thought Yaya was our best outfield player but I've read a lot criticising him including Carragher. We were good and the better more composed team for the first +30 minutes but that changed once Arsenal got their first. 2nd half chasing the game we were way too open and Arsenal were picking us off. Still don't know how Arsenal didn't get a 3rd. Once Yaya surprised everybody with that lovely finish it was all City as a tiring Arsenal, with too many defensive players on and no outlets, tired and we were very unlucky not to level. Overall I thought Arsenal were the better team, it went their way with the goal and allowed them to play thereafter as they wanted/planned to (on the break), and I think currently Arsenal look the better team and the most likely to win the Premier. There is though more than half a season left but City need to wake up, put a run together and have a decent 2nd half of the season if we're to win it. At the moment I don't think we will...but you never know in football.

]

To be fair if you thought that Yaya was your best outfield player then thats fine but it certainly doesn't say a lot for the rest of them taking into account that he didn't do too much until the last 20 mins !

In general i think your team is lacking hunger and desire (caused by too many older players) in which you can get by without in home games but not away games plus the fact that Silva and Arguero haven't been on top form,players who sometimes can make up for any flaws you have.

Edited by alfieconn

^Fair points.

I'm not convinced we've necessarily progressed, that our current team/squad is any better than Mancini's Premier winning team...the core (Hart, Zaba, Kompany, Yaya, Nasri, Silva & Aguero) remains the same but are injury-prone and maybe it's difficult to be motivated as much as the 1st and 2nd time, but it's the replacements, are they really any better than who they've replaced?

Edited by Bredbury Blue

]

To be fair if you thought that Yaya was your best outfield player then thats fine but it certainly doesn't say a lot for the rest of them taking into account that he didn't do too much until the last 20 mins !

In general i think your team is lacking hunger and desire (caused by too many older players) in which you can get by without in home games but not away games plus the fact that Silva and Arguero haven't been on top form,players who sometimes can make up for any flaws you have.

"Silva and Aguero havent been on top form"

Usual nonsensical statement from our boy Alfie!!

The last time Aguero and Silva played together when both fully fit was when?

I cant even remember, it was that long ago.

So I guess Alfies statement is right by default!!laugh.png

Our team is littered with superstars, but no leaders. Thats the problem. Heads drop too quickly.

Coupled with the fact that Mangala is simply not good enough(major mistake buying him methinks). The 2 fullbacks need replacing. Navas isnt good enough and Toure is getting too old.

^

^2 fullbacks AT LEAST need replacing. Zaba injured this season, not great last, getting old for up and down that wing. Sagna ageing, offers little going forward. Kolorov is too slow, one footed and not great defender. Clichy needs moving on.

Comment on Pep in the Independent which is spot on:

"For the first time in his career, though, Guardiola will be faced with a rebuilding job if he takes charge at City. Pellegrinis team is heavily unbalanced, with the old guard of Joe Hart, Vincent Kompany (when fit), David Silva, Touré and Sergio Aguero continuing to be the crucial elements they were four years ago. Kevin De Bruyne and Raheem Sterling offer promise, but their high points this season have been set against their anonymity against stronger opponents. Navas is not good enough for a team with Citys ambitions, nor Wilfried Bony nor Mangala, while Fernandinho, Touré and Pablo Zabaleta are all in their thirties".

But I thought you liked Sagna 5555555

Chiccy with his sniper hat on.

Hard to argue with much of the Arsenal loss post-mortem. Tough sledding for City so far. Too many injuries to key players, some of those key players getting too old, lack of pace defensively, Mangala is looking more and more like a bust, Bony has proved to be an expensive and nearly worthless replacement for the oft injured Aguero, Sterling still not the finished article with too many ups and downs, fullbacks can barely defend which helps to expose Mangala and at times Otamendi.

Simple to say, but a healthy, in form Kompany probably would have been good for an extra six points to this point. Maybe more. I didn't think I'd be saying that last season when it looked like he would never get back to his old self. Now with all his injuries you have to start wondering that all over again.

The only silver lining is that I still don't see anybody running away to the title.

But I thought you liked Sagna 5555555

Chiccy with his sniper hat on.

Hard to argue with much of the Arsenal loss post-mortem. Tough sledding for City so far. Too many injuries to key players, some of those key players getting too old, lack of pace defensively, Mangala is looking more and more like a bust, Bony has proved to be an expensive and nearly worthless replacement for the oft injured Aguero, Sterling still not the finished article with too many ups and downs, fullbacks can barely defend which helps to expose Mangala and at times Otamendi.

Simple to say, but a healthy, in form Kompany probably would have been good for an extra six points to this point. Maybe more. I didn't think I'd be saying that last season when it looked like he would never get back to his old self. Now with all his injuries you have to start wondering that all over again.

The only silver lining is that I still don't see anybody running away to the title.

I would agree with most of that.

I think they miss Kompany as much for his leadership and absolutely 6-10 points is a conservative estimate.

I think with Sterling, he is a young kid. No matter how good he is, you will always get inconsistency in young kids. We overpaid for him because of his potential, and I think over the years he will be well worth the investment.

]

Our team is littered with superstars, but no leaders. Thats the problem. Heads drop too quickly.

Coupled with the fact that Mangala is simply not good enough(major mistake buying him methinks). The 2 fullbacks need replacing. Navas isnt good enough and Toure is getting too old.

Where have i mentioned them playing together ? cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Mangala !!! is that the same guy that you didn't realize you'd bought at the beginning of last season biggrin.png

]

Mangala !!! is that the same guy that you didn't realize you'd bought at the beginning of last season biggrin.png

Note to self....

Dont lower yourself to someone elses level, especially if it comes in the guise of the TV Village Idiot.

Happy Christmas Alfie

Note to self....

Dont lower yourself to someone elses level, especially if it comes in the guise of the TV Village Idiot.

Happy Christmas Alfie

Yep village idiot but at least i know when we've bought our players laugh.png

Anyway you still haven't answered my question facepalm.giffacepalm.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by alfieconn