Manchester City

mrbojangles

Watford:

Gomes; Nyom, Cathcart, Britos, Holebas; Capoue, Watson; Abdi, Deeney ©, Jurado; Ighalo.

Subs: Arlauskis, Prödl, Behrami, Guedioura, Anya, Berghuis, Oulare.

Manchester City:

Hart, Kolarov, Otamendi, Mangala, Sagna, Yaya Toure ©, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero, Sterling

Subs:Caballero, Bony, Navas, Zabaleta, Fernando, Clichy, Demichelis

Same starting 11.

Can somebody remind me when was the last time we played well in the Premier. Poor half again. Way too many mistakes by every player...passing a ball 10m to a team mates feet isn't that hard. Hart kept us in it. Hart, Fernandinho (excellent) and Sagna apart...POOR. Feels like it's trickling away...needs sorting out.

Not matter what you say about Yaya, he certainly pulls them out of the bag

To be fair, he has been ok the last few games. Still lazy, mind, but as you say he keeps pulling them out and his distribution has been good the last few games.

We did well to come back today. Just disappointed that Iheanacho doesnt make the squad and we are persevering with Bony(another complete waste of 15 minutes). Navas still cant cross the ball and Mangala is sadly looking a bust. Kolarov continues to be a liability.

Interesting January coming up

To be fair, he has been ok the last few games. Still lazy, mind, but as you say he keeps pulling them out and his distribution has been good the last few games.

We did well to come back today. Just disappointed that Iheanacho doesnt make the squad and we are persevering with Bony(another complete waste of 15 minutes). Navas still cant cross the ball and Mangala is sadly looking a bust. Kolarov continues to be a liability.

I'm also getting frustrated with Pelle on sticking with Bony. Really hope we get rid in the window.

Agreed Navas can't cross a ball but thought he made a good impact on the game. Kolarov was as poor as I have ever seen him yesterday. Mangala makes way too many mistakes. Interesting change that Pelle made when he took him off and asked Fernandinho (who was outstanding in all areas) to cover.

As I said above, Watford are a decent side and are a handful, particularly Ighalo. I'm therefore going to take the positives, that although we didn't play anywhere near our best, we carried on to fight for the points till the end.

First week of the new year and City are three points off the top. Not so bad given that of the top 5 clubs City have been nowhere near their potential and only Man United have played crappier football. The schedule favors City a bit now as MrB has pointed out.

Still in the mix for multiple trophies. Hoping KUN remains fit and Kompany gets the first successful calf transplant.

I'm also getting frustrated with Pelle on sticking with Bony. Really hope we get rid in the window.

Agreed Navas can't cross a ball but thought he made a good impact on the game. Kolarov was as poor as I have ever seen him yesterday. Mangala makes way too many mistakes. Interesting change that Pelle made when he took him off and asked Fernandinho (who was outstanding in all areas) to cover.

As I said above, Watford are a decent side and are a handful, particularly Ighalo. I'm therefore going to take the positives, that although we didn't play anywhere near our best, we carried on to fight for the points till the end.

Fernandhino was our best guy out there. Ended up playing centre half until late in the game.

He is our very own Mascheranobiggrin.png

• Like 1

Bottom line is that the busy Christmas period is over. Destiny now is in our own hands. We match Arsenals results and beat them at Etihad, then the title is ours. All the main challengers have to play us at our gaff. We have been dreadful, yet we are still in control.

Just wish we could get back to playing the type of football when Mancini was in charge!whistling.gif

Bottom line is that the busy Christmas period is over. Destiny now is in our own hands. We match Arsenals results and beat them at Etihad, then the title is ours. All the main challengers have to play us at our gaff. We have been dreadful, yet we are still in control.

Just wish we could get back to playing the type of football when Mancini was in charge!whistling.gif

Rumor has it J&D that Mancini is after Zabaleta. Will this make you want to beat Mancini to a pulp with a tire iron ?tongue.png

Harsh on watford but imo the sort of performance that has a habit of starting a decent run of form Thought Sagna had a tremendous game. What a x for the winner on that sorta performance what a boody waste sitting on the bench.

Have to say atm cannot get where the f u got anywhere near 30 million for mangala. Still. I suppose in his position hes got time on his side

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Rumor has it J&D that Mancini is after Zabaleta. Will this make you want to beat Mancini to a pulp with a tire iron ?tongue.png

I like Zabaleta and if he can come back the same player, then I would want to keep him at all costs. But its a big if.

Regardless Bobby Manc will always have a special place in my heartthumbsup.gif

Quite an interesting article by the statisticians on Yaya

Manchester City: Yaya Toure is unfairly criticised - and the stats prove it

One look at Toure's Premier League statistics this season prove he is well worth his place in the side.

He has five assists already this term, meaning he has created a goal every 286 minutes – that's a far better rate than he has managed in the last three years, including his 2013/14 campaign, widely regarded as his most impressive season to date.

He's also creating chances at a rate of one every 59 minutes, which, again, is higher than either of his two previous seasons.

Passing remains his most potent weapon, with his pass completion rate still unfathomably high – over 90 per cent in his own half and around 85 per cent in the opponents'.

And although his goals have clearly dipped since City's last title-winning campaign, his defensive contribution has increased. He's tackling more often, winning duels more regularly and making more interceptions.

Other than his goals ratio, Toure's statistics remain as good, if not better, than in 2013/14 where he was largely considered to be the best midfielder in the Premier League as he scored 20 and led City to the title.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/manchester-city-yaya-toure-unfairly-10683859

One look at Toure's Premier League statistics this season prove he is well worth his place in the side.

He has five assists already this term, meaning he has created a goal every 286 minutes – that's a far better rate than he has managed in the last three years, including his 2013/14 campaign, widely regarded as his most impressive season to date.

He's also creating chances at a rate of one every 59 minutes, which, again, is higher than either of his two previous seasons.

Passing remains his most potent weapon, with his pass completion rate still unfathomably high – over 90 per cent in his own half and around 85 per cent in the opponents'.

And although his goals have clearly dipped since City's last title-winning campaign, his defensive contribution has increased. He's tackling more often, winning duels more regularly and making more interceptions.

Other than his goals ratio, Toure's statistics remain as good, if not better, than in 2013/14 where he was largely considered to be the best midfielder in the Premier League as he scored 20 and led City to the title.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/incoming/manchester-city-yaya-toure-unfairly-10683859

Interesting..

27 tackles made so far this year?

Admittedly I did see 1 tackle, I think it was last month against Swansea.thumbsup.gif

Dont know why he has stopped taking free kicks just outside the area. He was lethal a couple of seasons ago. I see Kolarov interfering too many times with the ball ending up in row Z.

Interesting..

27 tackles made so far this year?

Admittedly I did see 1 tackle, I think it was last month against Swansea.thumbsup.gif

Dont know why he has stopped taking free kicks just outside the area. He was lethal a couple of seasons ago. I see Kolarov interfering too many times with the ball ending up in row Z.

He's got 2 yellows this season, so that's at least 2 tackles he's made tongue.png

I think we all agree that it's his style of play and apparent laziness that frustrates us but the article also touches on that:-

His languid style has often given the impression he lacks fitness but he's a player with match-winning capabilities.

The fear is he won't be remembered as he should be when he finally leaves City. This is the man who has been the catalyst for the club's recent success, the man Garry Cook said made it easy for him to sign big-name players, the man who scored winners in the FA Cup semi-final and final in 2011, the crucial league game at Newcastle in 2012, the 2014 League Cup final and so many more.

Perhaps what disparaging pundits and critical fans need to remember is that Toure is there to win matches with his world-class ability, not run around like a headless chicken to prove he cares.

Totally agree about the free kicks and Kolarov taking over. At the weekend he reverted to his old self and shooting from every impossible angle instead of passing. Kolarov was probably the worst player on the park against Watford

Wilfried Bony is out of Citys Capital One Cup semi-final first leg at Goodison Park.

The Ivorian has suffered an injury to his calf but Manuel Pellegrini has confirmed that it is nothing serious and he hopes Bony will return to action at Norwich on Saturday.Bony joins Vincent Kompany and Samir Nasri on the sidelines for the trip to Merseyside.Bony has a kick in his calf so maybe hes not fit for tomorrow, Pellegrini revealed.In a few days more he should be fine to come back. Vincent Kompany and Samir Nasri are out.Well try to do everything we can to recover our injured players as soon as we can. With Nasri its difficult he needs an amount of time as hes had surgery on his muscle.We have a lot of games fortunately we have most of the squad fit so we can make some changes to see which players start which games.Sergio played three games in a week which was no problem for this moment. The last injury was not a muscle injury, just a pain in his heel. Hes fit and the best way for him to recover his best performance is to play games.

Wilfried Bony is out of Citys Capital One Cup semi-final first leg at Goodison Park.

The Ivorian has suffered an injury to his calf but Manuel Pellegrini has confirmed that it is nothing serious and he hopes Bony will return to action at Norwich on Saturday.Bony joins Vincent Kompany and Samir Nasri on the sidelines for the trip to Merseyside.Bony has a kick in his calf so maybe hes not fit for tomorrow, Pellegrini revealed.In a few days more he should be fine to come back. Vincent Kompany and Samir Nasri are out.Well try to do everything we can to recover our injured players as soon as we can. With Nasri its difficult he needs an amount of time as hes had surgery on his muscle.We have a lot of games fortunately we have most of the squad fit so we can make some changes to see which players start which games.Sergio played three games in a week which was no problem for this moment. The last injury was not a muscle injury, just a pain in his heel. Hes fit and the best way for him to recover his best performance is to play games.

Not surprised Bony has injured his calf, with all that bulk he is carrying around.

Would have liked to have thought this was a great opportunity for Nacho, but it would appear that although Aguero has just come back from injury and has had trouble with muscular injuries too many times, Pelle will play him V Everton. 3 games in a week!!!! Accident waiting too happen!!

Bony, the 15th most 'overweight' Premier League player - according to the NHS

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/most-overweight-premier-league-players-6656820

More muscle bound than overweight.

If part of his duties were jerk and lift, he would be a world beater.

As soon as Pep comes, he will be gone.

Actually none of those players are 'overweight' though according to the NHA body mass scale they are. Every time I see Bony, body wise he reminds me of a mini Manu Tuilagi.

Bony, the 15th most 'overweight' Premier League player - according to the NHS

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/most-overweight-premier-league-players-6656820

More muscle bound than overweight.

If part of his duties were jerk and lift, he would be a world beater.

As soon as Pep comes, he will be gone.

Actually none of those players are 'overweight' though according to the NHA body mass scale they are. Every time I see Bony, body wise he reminds me of a mini Manu Tuilagi.

Every time I see Bony I want to shoot bullets at his feet to make him move