Manchester City

mrbojangles

I give up with you sometimes!!facepalm.gif

You stated.............I think the way the ball popped off Sterling's foot made it look like the defender had got the ball.

So, correct me if I am wrong, in your opinion the referee did not give a penalty because he thought the defender played the ball, not the man? Therefore he should have awarded a corner.

Is there a language barrier here?

If he thought it was a goal kick, then he would believe the ball DID come off Sterling, therefore NOT off the defender, which makes your excuse for the referee missing it, redundant.

For heaven's sake, is it not bleeding obvious that he thought the defender played the ball off Sterling's foot?

Try and keep up!

"Try to keep up"...like that one don'tcha!

]

Chicog stop thinking people are asking for a change of the laws because of a Man City incident. That's not the case so stop trying to make it the case. It happens in loads of non City games and every time it does I get pissed off...we have the technology to try to minimise the wrong effects but we don't put it to use; we should.

Are you denying that if this had been in the Everton penalty area, you would not even be discussing this topic?

Because if you are, I call BS.

Somebody above accused you of posting without reading the other person's post. You do this a lot I've noticed, proof is I answered this point of yours already in Post 18698. Try and keep up lad!

]

While we're on the subject of reffing, this new reffing approach is really annoying me. In injury time in the Chelsea v WBA game the other night, Fletcher was breaking out of defence on the counter, Willian I think it was threw himself in to a slide tackle, caught Fletcher who rode the foul, sorted his feet out and balance out, was under no pressure, looked up saw he could play the ball 20m down the line outside the chelsea fullback and a WBA player was in on goal. The chelsea defender cuts the ball out. The ref whistles and brings the ball back to the Willian foul. WHY? WHY? WHY? Advantage was over as soon as Fletcher was in control again following the foul. What's this all about. It happened to City earlier in the season when the ref deemed a free kick after now advantage accrued after what seemed an eternity and the opposition scored from the freekick.

"Advantage" is subjective.

Do you want to leave that to video refs as well?

blink.png

Whether "Advantage" is subjective or not, it was obvious in the incident I mentioned.

"Do you want to leave that to video refs as well?" - now your being childish.

Depending on what way the authorities play it regarding technology, it could mean the whole way of refereeing will have to change and refs will have to make a lot less decisions during the game, a hell of a lot of thought will have to go into it and it will be a lot more difficult more than people realize.

What will happen is that referees will leave difficult decisions to the "video refs".

It will be a farce.

Well if they trial a way to eradicate reffing errors, we'll be able to judge whether it works or not.

]

Well at least we know where you get it from.

Sounds very Mourinho.

"They're all out to get us!".

Bacary Sagna has claimed Manchester City are being treated unfairly by referees, with the defender pointing to penalties he believes the side should have been awarded in recent games against Everton and Leicester City.

I stated "Looks like Sagna has been FOLLOWING our debate", so your comment "Well at least we know where you GET IT FROM" makes no sense!

I would prefer players and managers from any club to keep comments like Sagna's to themselves. Referees make mistakes but I have no reason to believe in the Premier that refs make wrong decisions to victimise clubs.

]

While we're on the subject of reffing, this new reffing approach is really annoying me. In injury time in the Chelsea v WBA game the other night, Fletcher was breaking out of defence on the counter, Willian I think it was threw himself in to a slide tackle, caught Fletcher who rode the foul, sorted his feet out and balance out, was under no pressure, looked up saw he could play the ball 20m down the line outside the chelsea fullback and a WBA player was in on goal. The chelsea defender cuts the ball out. The ref whistles and brings the ball back to the Willian foul. WHY? WHY? WHY? Advantage was over as soon as Fletcher was in control again following the foul. What's this all about. It happened to City earlier in the season when the ref deemed a free kick after now advantage accrued after what seemed an eternity and the opposition scored from the freekick.

blink.png

Whether "Advantage" is subjective or not, it was obvious in the incident I mentioned.

Do you understand the meaning of the word "subjective"?

blink.png

Do you understand the meaning of the word "subjective"?

Very droll; do you understand "it was obvious in the incident I mentioned"?

We're not top anymore...of the injuries table.

Three of the teams with the biggest squads have had more injuries than anyone else in the league - Manchester City (47), Liverpool (39) and Manchester United (39).

The six best-performing teams in injury terms - Watford, Leicester, West Brom, Swansea, Norwich and Southampton - are clubs without European commitments.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/35313650

Reffing - Everton robbed of 2 points in the 8th minute of 7 minutes of injury time by a shockingly bad ref decision...even the wife shouted offside. Still it all evens out over a season eh :-(.

I want to know where he got the 7 minutes from, let alone the 8. Send it to the video ref.

tongue.png

Edited by Chicog
  • Like 1

What a cracking game! Fair result.

Still taking forever to get going, still never really getting going, too many poor individual perforances. But we fought back from losing position again, and we're still with in touching distance, IF ONLY WE COULD WAKE UP!

PS. Put an offer in for Payet.

Thought our right side was poor today; Sagna average, Otamendi awful and Navas didn't get going. Silva had one of his worse games. KdB flitted in and out. Kun looked back. Demichelis carried the ball out well and kept a cool head. Hart kept us in it with decent saves. Sterling was awful when he came on unlike Nacho who clicked straight away and made the difference.

We've played 4.2.3.1 most the season with our lightweight forwards/attacking midfielders and for me it isn't working. Couple of times late we've gone back to 4.4.2 and it's worked. I'd like to see us starting 4.3.3 with the extra hardworking midfielder on for a Navas/Sterling/KdB to be more competitive and get more out of Yaya, switching to 4.4.2 if needed.

Nacho looks like he's going to be a player...have to say he looks a better footballer than Sterling. His future looks rosy.

Still taking forever to get going, still never really getting going, too many poor individual perforances. But we fought back from losing position again, and we're still with in touching distance, IF ONLY WE COULD WAKE UP!

Actually I thought the Irons deserved to win that. You really didn't produce much up front.

If there was a Hammer I'd want to buy it would be Reid.

He's having an outstanding season, injuries permitting.

Actually I thought the Irons deserved to win that. You really didn't produce much up front.

If there was a Hammer I'd want to buy it would be Reid.

He's having an outstanding season, injuries permitting.

Even though all the stats show that we had more possession and shots, I think a draw was a fair result.

As BB says, too many individual poor performance today and we really miss Silva when he isn't firing on all cylinders and he was definitely off the boil today.

Payet is a really good player but I think with our defensive woes at the moment, I'd lean to Reid as well

Thought our right side was poor today; Sagna average, Otamendi awful and Navas didn't get going. Silva had one of his worse games. KdB flitted in and out. Kun looked back. Demichelis carried the ball out well and kept a cool head. Hart kept us in it with decent saves. Sterling was awful when he came on unlike Nacho who clicked straight away and made the difference.

We've played 4.2.3.1 most the season with our lightweight forwards/attacking midfielders and for me it isn't working. Couple of times late we've gone back to 4.4.2 and it's worked. I'd like to see us starting 4.3.3 with the extra hardworking midfielder on for a Navas/Sterling/KdB to be more competitive and get more out of Yaya, switching to 4.4.2 if needed.

Nacho looks like he's going to be a player...have to say he looks a better footballer than Sterling. His future looks rosy.

I would agree with most of that.

Silva, worst game I have seen him play. It sems that when Silva and KDB play together, they rarely both play well.

Its as though individually they lose themselves.

For sure KDB is a far better player on the right or in the middle... not on the left like most of the game yesterday. Dont know why Navas played yesterday!! I dont rate him anyway, but against Cresswell? No chance of impacting the game.

When Sterling came on, it was as though he had just woke up. He was worse than Navas, if that were possible.

It took the introduction of Iheanacho, before we started moving and creating.

I really thought we were terrible across the board, in a game we needed to win.

Bring on Pep, and can you Imagine City right now with Klopp ? I've been a Pellegrini supporter and he's a very decent fellow but City are playing way below their potential now. No excuses and its down to the manager. Pellegrini's laid back, unemotional style worked after volatile Mancini but I think its more of a negative at this point. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Bring on Pep, and can you Imagine City right now with Klopp ? I've been a Pellegrini supporter and he's a very decent fellow but City are playing way below their potential now. No excuses and its down to the manager. Pellegrini's laid back, unemotional style worked after volatile Mancini but I think its more of a negative at this point. coffee1.gif

I loved Klopp yesterday!! Raw emotion.

To be fair to Pellegrini, even though I am not one of his ardent supporters, the players seem to speak and think of him very highly.

But its debateable whether he gets the best out of them.

• Like 1

I liked Klopp in Germany, but to be honest I'm getting a bit bored of everybody fawning over him.

As for Pellegrini, he seems quite a man - i like and admire him a lot - but I'm sure his tactics are simply to pick his best players without too much consideration of the opponents or tactics.

I liked Klopp in Germany, but to be honest I'm getting a bit bored of everybody fawning over him.

think he's getting a bit bored of it himself to be honest. seems irritable in interviews now rather than relaxed as he was when he first arrived.

• Like 1

think he's getting a bit bored of it himself to be honest. seems irritable in interviews now rather than relaxed as he was when he first arrived.

Had to be only a matter of time before Klopp tired of the inane questions lobbed by the journos.

Had to be only a matter of time before Klopp tired of the inane questions lobbed by the journos.

My favourite Premier League manager, by a country mile.

He is entertaining, love his press conferences... calls it as it is. I have no doubt he will do good for Liverpool. Not as well as Pep will for us!laugh.png , but I wish him well.

• Like 1

Your team seems to lack personality beyond Aguero...and he is very special but its not enough.

Maybe getting Nasri back will help.tongue.png

Seems the team is without a good joker in the dressing room to keep everybody loose. Bring me the head of Ezequiel Lavezzi.

• Like 1

Your team seems to lack personality beyond Aguero...and he is very special but its not enough.

"Nasri on course for March return"...

Sounds like a really bad injury

"...but with this injury I had to have an operation that resulted in nearly 100 stitches in my thigh - my surgeon told me this was a rare injury as the muscle had detached from the bone and the tendon was also 90% detached and had to be stitched back together..."

http://m.mcfc.co.uk/?name=mancity&i=12326/1/0&artId=571884

]

"Nasri on course for March return"...

Sounds like a really bad injury

"...but with this injury I had to have an operation that resulted in nearly 100 stitches in my thigh - my surgeon told me this was a rare injury as the muscle had detached from the bone and the tendon was also 90% detached and had to be stitched back together..."

http://m.mcfc.co.uk/?name=mancity&i=12326/1/0&artId=571884

]

Bloody heck !