Manchester City

mrbojangles

TBH, all you city fans have been doing since the game is bark on about the ref and the penalty and the inference is very clearly leaning towards the penalty being a game changer rather than delaying the probable.

Of course we complained on the day and the day after but I don't think we have complained since and only mentioned it in response to others posts. That's a normal reaction after a game isn't it, you talk about it for a day or two. As for the last bit, are you saying the penalty wasn't a game changer?

Your club is in a thoroughly odious position when compared to the investment and its probably high time for City fans to button it.

Eh? You want City fans to button it on the City thread.

As for the odious position. In the League Cup final, last 16 of the CL, still in the FA Cup (but I doubt that after sunday) and still within a slim chance of the title race, not bad for a team who has been so unlucky with injuries this year. Pelle only had 14 players to choose from on sunday. And no, I'm not moaning and complaining about injuries but it's a pretty important factor.

You're missing the point. The point is that City fans are appearing to point to the penalty as the reason why you lost. it wasn't. it was a contributing factor, is all. The reason why you lost is because you were largely second best, didn't have the running or the passion. the penalty is seeming to be used as a factor to paper over the real issue.

Not so dissimilar to the WHL fixture. I might add Be Bruyne's goal was offside too.

The times when i have sympathy is when the best team on the day is robbed by a poor decision and i neither of our fixtures has that been the case.

Regards to injuries, oh for the rest of us to be able to field a side like City did last sunday with injury list. that would be a thing.

But fair enough, of course you don't button it on your thread, but how about changing the record?

Presumptious.

Why would WE CITY fans on the CITY forum "button it" about anything to do with City? You might have a valid point on any other forum but here on the CITY forum you're wrong! Surely within the rules of TV we can post anything City related as much as we want as often as we want.

]

TBH, all you city fans have been doing since the game is bark on about the ref and the penalty and the inference is very clearly leaning towards the penalty being a game changer rather than delaying the probable.

Of course we complained on the day and the day after but I don't think we have complained since and only mentioned it in response to others posts. That's a normal reaction after a game isn't it, you talk about it for a day or two. As for the last bit, are you saying the penalty wasn't a game changer?

Your club is in a thoroughly odious position when compared to the investment and its probably high time for City fans to button it.

Eh? You want City fans to button it on the City thread.

As for the odious position. In the League Cup final, last 16 of the CL, still in the FA Cup (but I doubt that after sunday) and still within a slim chance of the title race, not bad for a team who has been so unlucky with injuries this year. Pelle only had 14 players to choose from on sunday. And no, I'm not moaning and complaining about injuries but it's a pretty important factor.

Every team barr one has injuries but your the only ones who continually bleat on about it.

TEAM TOTAL INJURIES LATEST PLAYER INJURED INJURY 1 Manchester United 12 C Borthwick-Jackson Illness 2 Newcastle United 11 A Mitrovic MCL Knee Ligament Injury 3 Liverpool 9 K Stewart Ankle/Foot Injury 4 Aston Villa 7 G Agbonlahor Illness 5 Manchester City 7 F Delph Calf/Shin Injury 6 Stoke City 7 G Johnson Knee Injury 7 West Ham United 7 J O'Brien Hamstring Injury 8 Arsenal 6 L Koscielny Hip/Thigh Injury 9 Crystal Palace 6 J Puncheon Hamstring Injury 10 Sunderland 6 J Kirchhoff Hamstring Injury 11 Everton 4 J Stones Hamstring Injury 12 Bournemouth 3 C Wilson ACL Knee Injury 13 Chelsea 3 J Terry Muscular Injury 14 Tottenham Hotspur 3 H Lloris Shoulder Injury 15 Watford 3 J Jurado Marin Calf/Shin Injury 16 West Bromwich Albion 3 G McAuley Hamstring Injury 17 Leicester City 2 J Schlupp Hamstring Injury 18 Southampton 2 J Rodriguez Ankle/Foot Injury 19 Norwich City 1 A Wisdom Knee Injury 20 Swansea City 0

"Every team barr one has injuries but your the only ones who continually bleat on about it". You're not wrong, but do you know why we post about City's injuries, because they're having an affect on us, and I can't talk about the other City fans on here, but when I post something on here (not when I respond to someone else's post) I do so only with the forum's other City fans in mind to inform them or to give them my opinion or to get their opinion.

^"Your club is in a thoroughly odious position when compared to the investment..."

Odious: Arousing or deserving hatred or strong dislike.

I'm really not sure what your thinking is here. I'm guessing that 8 years on you're still having trouble coming to terms with City being bought by Sheikh Mansour. Is that your thinking? Are all teams in history, or even recent history, who've been bought by a wealthy owner, odious?

If your comment is related to what City have done in the 8 years then I think considering where we were just before being bought (have a look at the City team just before the purchase) or in the seasons just before we were bought, weve come along way really quickly, we've done very well coming from a pretty poor base level. Most people at the time said 'typical City, they'll never catch up to ManU, Arsenal and Chelsea, they'll screw up', well we've caught up, we can compete with them, we've been Champions twice and runners up twice in 4 years, we had a decent stadium in 2008 but now we have magnificent stadium cum campus, we're spreading out with sister clubs in key countries, we seem to be well placed to get in to the chinese market, we're the 2nd richest club behind our Stretford neighbours - City fans are loving in!. When Chelsea did it and upset the establishment by joining the top table, I thought it was brilliant and I really enjoyed watching them stick it to them. Well we've done the same as Chelsea (odious?), what's wrong (or odious) about that?

Interesting..."in the defeat to Tottenham on Sunday, Silva ran seven miles - further than any other City player. For context, Fernandinho, widely seen as the fittest and hardest working player at the club, was second, covering 6.9 miles".

Just to compare, Eriksen ran 7.8 miles smile.png

Bredders,

Many of your posts seem to contain a square bracket, and I think this might be what screws up the formatting.

E.g. 19139, 19141

Yeah OCCASIONALLY the formatting gets screwed up...here's the problem. Press quote to make a comment but on my samsung the cursor won't go to the end of the last ] no matter how I try, it goes inside the last quote ]. I have found a way around the problem but working on a little screen sometimes I don't get it right.

In the two posts you refer to there's nothing wrong with the formatting, the ] you see at the bottom after my text is the previous posters ] which I can't get my cursor to go rightside of so I can delete it.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Interesting..."in the defeat to Tottenham on Sunday, Silva ran seven miles - further than any other City player. For context, Fernandinho, widely seen as the fittest and hardest working player at the club, was second, covering 6.9 miles".

Just to compare, Eriksen ran 7.8 miles smile.png

biggrin.png Eriksen's the last player i'd have thought. Normally only outruns Hugo!!

City U18s will have to wait until Saturday to win out if theyve won the Barclays U18 Premier League North Division after drawing 1-1 with Manchester United in their final game of the first part of the season.

The young Blues remain top of the league, three points clear of Everton and a plus nine goal difference after the stalemate at Carrington.

United remain bottom of the Under-18 north division but their draw leaves City waiting to see if they will top the final standings.They are three points ahead of Everton with a goal difference better by nine having played one game more, with the Toffees hosting Derby on Saturday.

United are also in action on Saturday as they take on West Brom to round off this stage of the competition, while City now turn their attentions to the UEFA Youth League game with Real Madrid next week.

Bredders,

Many of your posts seem to contain a square bracket, and I think this might be what screws up the formatting.

E.g. 19139, 19141

Yeah OCCASIONALLY the formatting gets screwed up...here's the problem. Press quote to make a comment but on my samsung the cursor won't go to the end of the last ] no matter how I try, it goes inside the last quote ]. I have found a way around the problem but working on a little screen sometimes I don't get it right.

In the two posts you refer to there's nothing wrong with the formatting, the ] you see at the bottom after my text is the previous posters ] which I can't get my cursor to go rightside of so I can delete it.

But I find that when replying to these posts the formatting goes tits up. Remove the sq bracket and it's fine.

Not your fault mind you, I blame the forum software.

Bredders,

E.g. 19139, 19141

But I find that when replying to these posts the formatting goes tits up. Remove the sq bracket and it's fine.

Not your fault mind you, I blame the forum software.

I TOTALLY blame the forum software.

Very difficult to work out who Pellegrini will play tomorrow. We have a 21 man squad (not the permissable 25 man squad) plus Sterling and Nacho are U21s equals 23 men, and then we have the EDS kids like Angelino.

7 x Out are:

Bony

De Bruyne

Delph

Mangala

Nasri

Navas

Sagna

5 x The Mirror is reporting the following will be rested (we can assume some will be on the bench and maybe some in stands)

Aguero

Kompany

Silva

Sterling

Toure

That leaves from the 21 + 2 only the 11 below.

Goalkeeper: Caballero (Hart or Wright on the bench)

Backs: Zaba, Clichy and Kolorov (Kolorov left midfield?)

Centre backs: Otamendi and Demichellis

Central Midfield: Fernando and Fernando

Forwards: Nacho

Of the 11 only 9 or 10 players will start (Wright will be in his usual matchday position), so it looks like 2 kids to start, possibly 3 (I can see Clichy being benched as cover for Zaba and Kolorov midweek as Sagna has just started his recovery), so being bold I'll GUESS he doesn't start Clichy, he plays Angelino at LB with Kolorov in front, sure he'll play Celina, and one other, maybe debut for Barker as we'll need width (or one of the the Garcia's though I disagree with the mirror and i think Sterling might start and partner Nacho).

Looks like being a workmanlike team with little flair.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Looking around various articles the thoughts are that Cameron Humphreys and Manuel Garcia may play as they have played in previous rounds of both domestic cups and Brandon Barker could get his debut. I think he should field more of the youngsters to really put 2 fingers up at the FA.

I don't expect us to progress but I'm looking forward to seeing what some of these youngsters have to offer.

Looking around various articles the thoughts are that Cameron Humphreys and Manuel Garcia may play as they have played in previous rounds of both domestic cups and Brandon Barker could get his debut. I think he should field more of the youngsters to really put 2 fingers up at the FA.

I don't expect us to progress but I'm looking forward to seeing what some of these youngsters have to offer.

Not read much in the papers but I would be amazed if he plays more than a couple of youngsters.

Toure wont play and I doubt he will risk Silva.

He wont start with a youngster in back 4.

Caballero, Zabaleta, Demichelis, Otamendi, Clichy

Sterling, Fernandhino, Fernando, Celina.

Aguero, Nacho.

Thats what I reckon, with a load of kids on the bench.

You know Pelle. He doesnt like to take chances.laugh.png

Not read much in the papers but I would be amazed if he plays more than a couple of youngsters.

Aguero, Nacho.

Surely he won't start with Aguero and I'd sooner Humphrey's be given a go than put Demichelis in.

Aguero, Nacho.

Surely he won't start with Aguero and I'd sooner Humphrey's be given a go than put Demichelis in.

Agreed there. Against his usual form I think Pellegrini might just say "<deleted> it" this time around and give a bunch of kids a go. I hope so.

See my reply on the united forum, the reason as many u18's have been playing a level up, we beat your lot in the U 21's on Thursday night and Keane was the only one over 21, many of or u21's are in the first team squad now.

I see City's U21's beat United's U21's today thumbsup.gif

Manchester City EDS 1-0 Manchester United under-21s: Simon Davies says SEVEN academy players are in Pellegrini's squad to face Chelsea

Tosin Adarabayio, Cameron Humphreys, Bersant Celina, Brandon Barker, David Faupala, Manu Garcia and Aleix Garcia weren't involved in Saturday's win at the Etihad

The result sees City move up third in the Barclay's Under-21 Premier League table. United remain top, two points clear of second-paced Sunderland.

Proof of what we've been saying about our form since the end of Autumn:

"The common misconception is that City have lost their way since the confirmation that Pellegrini had, in effect, been told in advance that he was being sacked in the summer. Yet Citys decline actually predates the announcement of Pep Guardiolas appointment. After 26 games they have 47 points, which shows a clear regression given they had 55, 57, 53 and 63 at the corresponding stages of the previous four seasons. Over the same timeframe, City have previously averaged 60 goals, whereas this season they have managed 48. They have won only one game, at home to Southampton, against the other top-eight teams and, defensively, they have not let in so many goals since 2009-10".

Edited by Bredbury Blue

City U18s were confirmed as champions of the Barclays U18 Premier League North Division earlier today following Evertons 3-1 win against Derby.

Jason Wilcoxs side moved three points clear of the Toffees on Wednesday with a 1-1 draw against Manchester Unitedand only an Everton win by nine goals would deny City the title.The 44-year old continued: To win it twice in three years, as well as a third place finish in 2014/15, is a great achievement. Not only for the players and myself, but for the staff behind-the-scenes who dont get much credit.

He beamed: The U16s have done very well, the U15s are in the semi-final of the Floodlit Cup and the U10s emerged as champions of the national Futsal tournament last week. Were pleased with the way things are progressing, but like all things we have to keep driving forward to become as good as we can.

ManU's U18s finished 2nd from bottom of the League.

Chelsea U18s won Southern league.

.post-19652-0-17610000-1456029478_thumb.p

I must admit I have been disappointed with Pellegrinis latest interviews.

Saying that todays game is not 'a real game' is nonsense.

The decision by the FA re the timing of todays game was wrong. But what do you expect from the knobs at the FA?

Get over it and prepare the best you can.

If he does start with several youngsters ( originally I doubted it, but after his latest interview, its probable), then what sort of signal does it give to the youngsters by saying 'its not a real game'?

Its a lack of professional respect to the kids and is basically telling them we have no chance of winning and we have a ready made excuse. Even telling the fans not to bother turning up!!!

He should have come out and built the kids up and stop making excuses before you need them!!

• Like 1

See my reply on the united forum, the reason as many u18's have been playing a level up, we beat your lot in the U 21's on Thursday night and Keane was the only one over 21, many of or u21's are in the first team squad now.

I see City's U21's beat United's U21's today thumbsup.gif

Yes mate I watched it on mutv, was a good game but we could not finish off some excellent moves.
  • Like 1