Manchester City

mrbojangles

Pellegrinis having a laugh!!!

I am all for bringing in the youngsters,but bit by bit.

There have been plenty of times this season when Pellegrini could have played some of these kids. Now he is putting 5 of them in at the deep end .....Away to Chelsea in the latter stages of the FA Cup, who themselves are playing a full strength team. None of them have started a first team game this year!!!! Its ridiculous.

I just hope it doesnt shatter the kids confidence.

Pellegrini has got this all wrong in my view. Being petulant, trying to make a point

• Like 1

Totally agree that Pelle should have given them debuts earlier in the season, this could be embarrassing for the young uns.

However, I do think the FA left Pelle with very little choice with the options he has available. CL in the week, League Cup final next week and then Liverpool in the League. This round of the FA Cup would be my lowest priority also if my hand was forced.

The funny thing is, the FA moved it for the TV and now all the TV viewers will see is our academy Vs Chelsea. I sort of like it really.

• Like 1

Subs: Hart, Clichy, Humphreys, Kompany, Fernandinho, Barker, Sterling

Manchester-born Tosin Adarabioyo makes his first senior appearance.

Alongside the Brazilian will be Spaniards Manu Garcia and Aleix Garcia - two 18 year-olds who are making their full debuts today, though Manu has a couple of sub appearances under his belt.Bersant Celina will take the creative lead - like Manu, he's played a couple of times off the bench and this will be his first senior start.

Tosin Adarabioyo...good mancunian name that.

Totally agree that Pelle should have given them debuts earlier in the season, this could be embarrassing for the young uns.

However, I do think the FA left Pelle with very little choice with the options he has available. CL in the week, League Cup final next week and then Liverpool in the League. This round of the FA Cup would be my lowest priority also if my hand was forced.

The funny thing is, the FA moved it for the TV and now all the TV viewers will see is our academy Vs Chelsea. I sort of like it really.

Its not often we disagree, but on this we do!!

As City fans, we never expect our teams to give up!!! Ever.

For Pellegrini to say what he has said today and then play 5 kids who have NEVER started a game for the first team, is unforgiveable in my book.

You ask what he could do? Well he must have known from the beginning of the season that we would be up there for the League, potential quarter finals of CL and also from the beginning he was on record as saying we would be going for both cups.

Surely you expect injuries in a long arduous season? You expect favours from the FA? Aint gonna happen.

He should have forseen this weeks and weeks ago and either brought in a couple of journeymen in January or blooded our youngsters during the season.

Complete lack of foresight on behalf of Pellegrini.

And dont forget.... Arsenal played FA cup Saturday, they have CL on Tuesday and then game on Sunday.

Liverpool play on Thursday then Sunday.

Not much difference. It is what it is.

Instead Pellegrini throws his toys out the pram and all but gives up!!

Anyway lets see what happens. See if the youngsters can get a draw. That will cheer him up!!laugh.png

• Like 1

Arsenal played FA cup Saturday, they have CL on Tuesday and then game on Sunday.

Liverpool play on Thursday then Sunday.

Not much difference. It is what it is.

Instead Pellegrini throws his toys out the pram and all but gives up!!

Arsenal played at home yesterday and are at home Tuesday. Liverpool haven't played this weekend and are at home Thursday. We'll have had 3 away games in a week

Enjoyed that! Well done the babes (and 5 old pros). They did well...on the ball they look excellent. Keep your eye on manu garcia (in front of zaba)...tasty feet. Didn't hear Celinas name until 46th minute. The boy up front is bothering their back 2. Riding our luck..hard to see Chelsea not winning..but I'm impressed with our boys...like a premier vs championship fa cup game.

Enjoyed that! Well done the babes (and 5 old pros). They did well...on the ball they look excellent. Keep your eye on manu garcia (in front of zaba)...tasty feet. Didn't hear Celinas name until 46th minute. The boy up front is bothering their back 2. Riding our luck..hard to see Chelsea not winning..but I'm impressed with our boys...like a premier vs championship fa cup game.

yeah I think they are giving a good show of theirselves

Wobbly Willy has been more at fault than the youngsters

At fault for the last goal. Flapping like a girly..... Didnt line his wall up properly for Hazards free kick.

Demichelis and Kolarov let Costa between the 2 of them for his goal.

Demichelis played Willian onside for his goal.

Fernado cr@p clearance for Cahills goal.

Couldnt really blame any of the youngsters per se.

But it was men V boys.

Sad to see.sad.png

Just had Manuel on the phone from the changing room. He said he's been reading the nonsense on TV from Alfie recently that City have no Academy players, and that was behind his decision to play EIGHT of them today.

Let me respond before Alfie gets on here and destroys you and then I have to go wading through pages and pages of back and forth.

From what I remember, Alfies point was that we had not brought anyone through from the acadamy. IE, someone who was playing regularly in the first team.

Did anyone out there today really look like they were capable of playing first team football regularly?

Not for me. Some promising kids there, but I look forward to Pep getting here and giving them a chance. Maybe midway through next season we will start seeing one or 2 coming through.

At fault for the last goal. Flapping like a girly..... Didnt line his wall up properly for Hazards free kick.

But it was men V boys.

Sad to see.sad.png

Yep, the older ones let the team down more than the youngsters.

I don't think it was sad to see though jack. I quite enjoyed seeing some of the youngsters and some of those lads we'll be seeing more of.

Just listening to Souness and Tim Sherwood on BEin. Sherwood is an absolute big mouthed muppet.

He's going on about he youths and unless you are fullback, you should leave City and get a career elsewhere cos you won't get given a chance if you are a striker. Has he not been watching City all season and the amount of games Nacho has played

• Like 1

But it was men V boys.

Sad to see.sad.png

I don't think it was sad to see though jack. I quite enjoyed seeing some of the youngsters and some of those lads we'll be seeing more of.

I just dont like seeing us mauled!! It reminds me of the good old days!laugh.png

It would have been nice to see these kids along the way, introduced for a game here and there, rather than shoving them all on together in a difficult match. Not fair on them and my heart went out to them.

On another note, it shows the Chelsea fans up to be rather classless, throwing coins at the kids when they scoredrolleyes.gif

Just had Manuel on the phone from the changing room. He said he's been reading the nonsense on TV from Alfie recently that City have no Academy players, and that was behind his decision to play EIGHT of them today.

Let me respond before Alfie gets on here and destroys you and then I have to go wading through pages and pages of back and forth.

From what I remember, Alfies point was that we had not brought anyone through from the acadamy. IE, someone who was playing regularly in the first team.

Did anyone out there today really look like they were capable of playing first team football regularly?

Not for me. Some promising kids there, but I look forward to Pep getting here and giving them a chance. Maybe midway through next season we will start seeing one or 2 coming through.

Wow...destroy. ..harmless banter with Alfie.

^"Did anyone out there today really look like they were capable of playing first team football regularly?". Did any of the experienced pros look better than the kids. No. Judge the kids when one or two maxm play with the regular first team players. I thought the lad up front put in a shift, I loved watching manu garcia, alex garcia was easily as good as Fernando, Besant was very quiet, the mancunian centrehalf didn't let us down though his distribution was poor (he looked the least talented but he has time), Nacho had a very quiet game. Givevthem time. Take any youth team and only onecor two make it...see my post earlier today on chelsea v city 2008 youth teams.

But it was men V boys.

Sad to see.sad.png

I also didn't think it was sad, and after Pellegrini handicapped us the kids did well. As noted above, all goals game from errors by the senior pros who definitely didn't shine any brighter than the kids.

But it was men V boys.

Sad to see.sad.png

I just dont like seeing us mauled!! It reminds me of the good old days!laugh.png

It would have been nice to see these kids along the way, introduced for a game here and there, rather than shoving them all on together in a difficult match. Not fair on them and my heart went out to them.

On another note, it shows the Chelsea fans up to be rather classless, throwing coins at the kids when they scoredrolleyes.gif

You're right, never fun to lose, and would have been better for the kids to have been blooded individually but if not today maybe some of them would never get a chance so we know now who looks good enough NOW (nacho, garcias x2) and who's not quite ready (thought Barker didn't look mature enough and the boy at the back needs to get bigger upper body and learn distribution).

Just listening to Souness and Tim Sherwood on BEin. Sherwood is an absolute big mouthed muppet.

He's going on about he youths and unless you are fullback, you should leave City and get a career elsewhere cos you won't get given a chance if you are a striker. Has he not been watching City all season and the amount of games Nacho has played

Not surprising that Dim would be as woeful as a pundit as he was a manager. A moronic menace.coffee1.gif

Yeah because no way Pep is going on a spending spree.

cheesy.gif

• Like 1