Manchester City

mrbojangles

For the benefit of BB - as requested we persevered and most of us now love James Milner and considering we got him on a free, belter.

Knew he'd win you over. He's not a star but he's definitely at the top of the most committed to the club cause. I like Jimmy alot and would welcome back immediately that's how highly I rate his time at City. Sure you'll grow to like him more over the coming seasons.

Would you like Bony?

The whole team is starting to play as a Klopp team, but Milner has really stood up in the last 2 big Europa League matches at Anfield. Very dignified lad, model pro and his stats are actually very good.

I was one who really thought that Bony could shine in a team like City, but how wrong I was. I don't think it has been any different in football over time, regarding clubs buying flops. it's just nowadays, the inflated price, media coverage and hack journalism, exasperate the situation.

CELTIC winger, Patrick Roberts has been named as the Ladbrokes Premiership Player of the Month for April.On loan from Manchester City, the 19-year-old played in every game during April and bookended the month by scoring in two vital SPFL games against Hearts.

Will he be another we buy, loan and sell?

City u18s manager Jason Wilcox: "It's a marvellous achievement to win the Northern Premier League, to reach the Youth Cup final (lost to Chelsea 2nd year running) and now to win the National title with a game to spare (vs Fulham today)".

,when City can come anywhere near that I will happily acknowledge your said progress thumbsup.gif

And if you can't see that the following honours for City since 2010 isn't progress for us, I think you are being either in denial or being disingenuous

BJ

Nowhere in my comments on City have I denied your achievements since the oil money rolled in,also in the past I have stated that no one club has a divine right to dominate the game,Leicester City are enjoying the most wonderful time in their history at the moment and good luck to them they deserve it,it is great for the game itself and gives hope to other clubs that they too can taste success even on a limited budget.

I was living in the UK when City,s takeover was going ahead and Greater Manchester radio gave excellent coverage to it,one evening in particular they had a phone-in as to the fans thoughts,not one City fan came on to say anything constructive that the club could possibly build on, the one and only comment was " now lets hope we can take over from United" sad really to be so obsessive,but we are talking about the "bitters" so common sense plays no part in their mindset,s.

Regarding "living in the past" this is an often repeated comment by people who refuse to acknowledge superiority in one form or another,past achievements are written in the history books because they actually happened,talking about what is going to happen in the future is futile,no-one can predict this,but City fans can at least but dream.

Now I will give you my prediction...........not one of the City fans in this forum will be alive to see the day when City,s honours list matches that of United.

Now THAT is a FACT clap2.gif

,when City can come anywhere near that I will happily acknowledge your said progress thumbsup.gif

And if you can't see that the following honours for City since 2010 isn't progress for us, I think you are being either in denial or being disingenuous

BJ

Nowhere in my comments on City have I denied your achievements since the oil money rolled in,also in the past I have stated that no one club has a divine right to dominate the game,Leicester City are enjoying the most wonderful time in their history at the moment and good luck to them they deserve it,it is great for the game itself and gives hope to other clubs that they too can taste success even on a limited budget.

I was living in the UK when City,s takeover was going ahead and Greater Manchester radio gave excellent coverage to it,one evening in particular they had a phone-in as to the fans thoughts,not one City fan came on to say anything constructive that the club could possibly build on, the one and only comment was " now lets hope we can take over from United" sad really to be so obsessive,but we are talking about the "bitters" so common sense plays no part in their mindset,s.

Regarding "living in the past" this is an often repeated comment by people who refuse to acknowledge superiority in one form or another,past achievements are written in the history books because they actually happened,talking about what is going to happen in the future is futile,no-one can predict this,but City fans can at least but dream.

Now I will give you my prediction...........not one of the City fans in this forum will be alive to see the day when City,s honours list matches that of United.

Peter, you are pushing against an open door with regards to your past glories, we all acknowledge those achievements and so you don't need to keep on quoting them.

My point was, there are now new kids on the block (not just City) and your previous dominance will not be repeated. As for your line I have highlighted in red, I'm astonished if that is what you really think. Do you think the world just plods along blindly seeing what happens next ? Or do governments, companies, individuals and yes football clubs, talk, strategize and plan for the future?

Many thanks for your continued valuable interpretation of the laws Alfie, your contribution is appreciated. However, as I said above, following his years of experience in the profession officiating at the highest level, I will stick to Graham Poll's interpretation of the laws.

It's nothing to do with my interpretation or anybody else's, the laws say

Like fouls, however, any play (such as the scoring of a goal) that occurs after an offence has taken place but before the referee is able to stop the play is nullified.

Right so one last question then i'm out, so if Ronaldo had headed the ball in the goal instead of catching it would it have stood ?

Still no answer !!! shock horror, not too good at answering questions on here biggrin.png

BJ

Peter, you are pushing against an open door with regards to your past glories, we all acknowledge those achievements and so you don't need to keep on quoting them.

My point was, there are now new kids on the block (not just City) and your previous dominance will not be repeated. As for your line I have highlighted in red, I'm astonished if that is what you really think. Do you think the world just plods along blindly seeing what happens next ? Or do governments, companies, individuals and yes football clubs, talk, strategize and plan for the future?

All football clubs have a plan for the future but it is sport and a game first and foremost on the pitch doesnt matter how much money the club has as this season has just proved.

So in reality you are saying other football clubs never had a plan for the future when United dominated for 25 years.

but did you really think Leicecter City would be champions? NO.

You cannot predict what happens in the future even if you have a srategic plan sorry pal.

• Like 1

^Think we all just read the "i'm out". ;-)

Alfie you've made your point several times. Others have made their points citing Graham Poll's opinion. Time to move forward eh.

Again, you seem to have trouble reading, i actually said Right so one last question then i'm out,

So any answer to the question ? yeah i thought not cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

Like iv'e already told you, it's not a matter of opinion it's a matter of fact but you don't seem to get that.

here's the Law again as you seem to have trouble understanding it .

Like fouls, however, any play (such as the scoring of a goal) that occurs after an offence has taken place but before the referee is able to stop the play is nullified.

All football clubs have a plan for the future but it is sport and a game first and foremost on the pitch doesnt matter how much money the club has as this season has just proved.

So in reality you are saying other football clubs never had a plan for the future when United dominated for 25 years.

but did you really think Leicecter City would be champions? NO.

1) I didn't mention money. Planning and forecasting (predicting) isn't just about money. Again, I was responding to peter's statement that "talking about what is going to happen in the future is futile, no-one can predict this" We might as well all pack in now if we can't talk about what may or may not happen in the future.

2) No, every club will have had a plan but for many reasons, yours was just more successful

3) No. It's a freak outcome, which even the bookies didn't predict.

You cannot predict what happens in the future even if you have a srategic plan sorry pal.

I really think you need to look up the definition of what a prediction is Red

BB

Thank you............. at long last a City fan actually acknowledging Uniteds achievements,I hope it hasn,t ruined your day.

Regarding your comment on planning for the future,remember this..........tomorrow never comes............we can only talk about what happened yesterday.

Also Man City are the only club planning for the future............eeh what???????????????

Good Luck with Pepe next season........... any indication what the Sheikh has planned if it all goes titties up cheesy.gif

off to the Katesiree later for a gallon of cheap beer,win lose or draw were only here for the beer clap2.gif

ratree sawat gentlemen

Alfie you've made your point several times. Others have made their points citing Graham Poll's opinion. Time to move forward eh.

Again, you seem to have trouble reading, i actually said Right so one last question then i'm out,

Like iv'e already told you, it's not a matter of opinion it's a matter of fact but you don't seem to get that.

Alfie what exactly is your point again?

we can only talk about what happened yesterday.

Brilliant. First you say we can only talk about what happened yesterday

off to the Katesiree later for a gallon of cheap beer

and then you say what you are going to do in the future.

That is what predicting is all about Peter. Our minds sub-consciously predict our way through the day thousands of times.

You are telling us that later you are going to go to Katesiree for cheap beer. Therefore, using your past experience and planning, you are predicting you are going to get there without a hitch, the traffic will be fine and that they won't have run out of cheap beer.

But the way you have been talking, you are breaking your own rules by discussing this before it has happened.

• Like 1

BB

Thank you............. at long last a City fan actually acknowledging Uniteds achievements,I hope it hasn,t ruined your day.

Regarding your comment on planning for the future,remember this..........tomorrow never comes............we can only talk about what happened yesterday.

Also Man City are the only club planning for the future............eeh what???????????????

Good Luck with Pepe next season........... any indication what the Sheikh has planned if it all goes titties up cheesy.gif

off to the Katesiree later for a gallon of cheap beer,win lose or draw were only here for the beer clap2.gif

ratree sawat gentlemen

Your post refers to me (BB) but I think you are referring to MrBJ, but anyway you'd have to be a complete idiot not to acknowledge the fact that ManU dominated the Premier for a period of time in the same way that Liverpool did for a period and others before them. City fans, and fans of other clubs, acknowledge United's achievements as they acknowledge other clubs achievements, and I don't think past achievements ruins anybody's day, it's only current achievements that have that short term affect. Football is cyclical; ManU had a very poor 24 year period in Division 1 which preceded the 25 year or so successful Premier years which now seems to have come to an end.

I think most of us live in the here and now and don't think too much about what happened in decades past. Sorry if that's burst your bubble.

so if Ronaldo had headed the ball in the goal instead of catching it would it have stood ?

Just answer the question bb biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

so if Ronaldo had headed the ball in the goal instead of catching it would it have stood ?

Just answer the question bb biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Alfie, could you clarify your point for us just a little more.

So now tomorrow's game is huge....was it a mistake resting players last weekend?

Yep. We all slagged Pelle off at the time for not playing his strongest 11 against Southampton

This is the downside of the manager situation....he went for potential glory over your future CL qualification.

we can only talk about what happened yesterday.

Brilliant. First you say we can only talk about what happened yesterday

off to the Katesiree later for a gallon of cheap beer

and then you say what you are going to do in the future.

That is what predicting is all about Peter. Our minds sub-consciously predict our way through the day thousands of times.

You are telling us that later you are going to go to Katesiree for cheap beer. Therefore, using your past experience and planning, you are predicting you are going to get there without a hitch, the traffic will be fine and that they won't have run out of cheap beer.

But the way you have been talking, you are breaking your own rules by discussing this before it has happened.

Made it......arrived back safe and well,of course having a guide dog and white stick helps cheesy.gif United however were absolute sh1 te,worst game of the season how we got 3 points I,ll never know.

I left the bin behind the bar for you to pick up next time your down here in sin city,just a couple of large Leo,s and Sangsom and cokes for me,Fergie (my guide dog) likes Guiness so he had a small one.......bill came to just 350 baht- cheers for that BoJ,the girls didn,t understand at first but when I explained who you were they said OK no ploblem when he come again can pay.

I,ll return your kindness with a visit ti the Tin cup restaurant (a few doors down from Witherspoons) next time and you can order anything you like from the 50 baht menu thumbsup.gif

So now tomorrow's game is huge....was it a mistake resting players last weekend?

Yep. We all slagged Pelle off at the time for not playing his strongest 11 against Southampton

This is the downside of the manager situation....he went for potential glory over your future CL qualification.

I would have wanted Wenger to do the same if we ever got in that position.

The post season arguing has kicked in early clap2.gif

I'm looking forward to all the congratulations on Monday for our best ever Premiership finish. smile.png

Congratulations anyway. If you say you'll win on Monday (or Arsenal will lose tonight), I'll take that as read.

You are also a hansum man and the world's best poster.

Happy now?laugh.png

• Like 1

BIG game tonight boys! I wonder you really must be looking over thy shoulder....even if you win i see you have a very difficult last away game which you will have to win

#twitchy biggrin.png

• Like 2