Manchester City

mrbojangles

Sorry Alfie, while I love chatting with you, could you keep your powder dry for 2 hours, I've a match to watch.

Alfie/Carmine

RECAP: The discussion points are:

(i) Carmines outrageous statement Chelski and City are the last places in the league you'd send your kid which I disputed,

(ii) Carmines (yet-to-be-proven) statement that Spurs have the BEST ACADEMY/TRAINING FACILITIES IN THE UK as is ACKNOWLEDGED i think it very fair to say by the FA and football media which I have asked him to prove if the statement is to be accepted, and,

(iii) my statement that If you want your kid to get the best football education you send them to the best football academy, to which I confirmed that No I do not have any facts or figs to confirm which is the best academy. Bit subjective which is THE best I would have thought. I then gave my opinion of "how do you judge the best academy/academies" and then stated So Alfie, how would YOU gauge the best academies? Same as me? Different - how? to which Alfie hasnt answered.

You really, really need to get out more. A gift you are and a prize gift to the forum but.............

btw, whats the average age of your squad?

I need to get out more...have you seen how many posts YOU have made, and nobody flits across the forums expounding their wisdom on all football matters like you. Laughable.

With regards the average age of City's squad I have no idea. Why, is it important? Until the season starts i couldn't even tell you who is in City's Premier and European squads, a lot of decisions still to be made by Pep.

Sorry Alfie, while I love chatting with you, could you keep your powder dry for 2 hours, I've a match to watch.

Alfie/Carmine

RECAP: The discussion points are:

(i) Carmines outrageous statement Chelski and City are the last places in the league you'd send your kid which I disputed,

(ii) Carmines (yet-to-be-proven) statement that Spurs have the BEST ACADEMY/TRAINING FACILITIES IN THE UK as is ACKNOWLEDGED i think it very fair to say by the FA and football media which I have asked him to prove if the statement is to be accepted, and,

(iii) my statement that If you want your kid to get the best football education you send them to the best football academy, to which I confirmed that No I do not have any facts or figs to confirm which is the best academy. Bit subjective which is THE best I would have thought. I then gave my opinion of "how do you judge the best academy/academies" and then stated So Alfie, how would YOU gauge the best academies? Same as me? Different - how? to which Alfie hasnt answered.

You really, really need to get out more. A gift you are and a prize gift to the forum but.............

btw, whats the average age of your squad?

I need to get out more...have you seen how many posts YOU have made, and nobody flits across the forums expounding their wisdom on all football matters like you. Laughable.

With regards the average age of City's squad I have no idea. Why, is it important? Until the season starts i couldn't even tell you who is in City's Premier and European squads, a lot of decisions still to be made by Pep.

Less time on here and more walkies for that whippet of yours, our kid, BB!!

I need to get out more...

With regards the average age of City's squad I have no idea.

Now now BB don,t give us that b**ls**t "I have no idea" about the average age of City,s squad,normally you refer straight to Google for your answers whistling.gif I think Carmine has a valid point here that you choose to avoid...thumbsup.gif

I need to get out more...

With regards the average age of City's squad I have no idea.

Now now BB don,t give us that b**ls**t "I have no idea" about the average age of City,s squad,normally you refer straight to Google for your answers whistling.gif I think Carmine has a valid point here that you choose to avoid...thumbsup.gif

Clearly missed the point in my post didn't ya! Until the club submits its squad (for the Premier), only the manager can tell you the squad he has in mind for this season and their average age. Now answered twice, jesus. Bet somebody will ask the same question. ;-) Edited by Bredbury Blue

Apparently City have just offered 50 mill plus Sterling for Stones, the deal is held up as Everton are holding out for 50mill.

Nev, now THAT is THE TV football forum post of this very dull close season in my opinion (ill be emailing that around friends and family)!

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Apparently City have just offered 50 mill plus Sterling for Stones, the deal is held up as Everton are holding out for 50mill.

Nev, now THAT is THE TV football forum post of this very dull close season in my opinion (ill be emailing that around friends and family)!
Glad you see the funny side mate.

Yes only 2 weeks and the season is upon us and I can't bloody wait.

And by the way did you get to see Josh Harrop score against Salford with our young ones take a look, very cool finish from a offerton lad.

Glad you see the funny side mate.

Yes only 2 weeks and the season is upon us and I can't bloody wait.

And by the way did you get to see Josh Harrop score against Salford with our young ones take a look, very cool finish from a offerton lad.

Loved it.

I hadn't heard of Harrop (obviously need to read the Stockport Express more often) but I'll keep my eyes open for him now. Just watched the goals, the chip finish was a bit special.

On 7/28/2016 at 0:50 PM, Bredbury Blue said:

You ask "how do you judge the best academy/academies". How would I judge a school for my kids? Based on many factors including facilities, curriculum, quality of teaching staff, results, etc. Surely gauging academies, which are schools after all, is similar: best facilities, best quality coaching staff, quality of the kids peers which can be judged by their results against kids from other academies. It is acknowledged that ManU have a good academy: it is not a coincide that they have been champions in the oldest academy age group (u21s) 3 out of past 4 years (think chelsea were the other year). Chelsea's academy is acknowledged: no coincidence that they've won the youth cup at u18s several times in recent years. From what I read City's is now an acknowledged academy: beaten finalists in the u18s youth cup past 2 seasons and National u18s champions last season. I'm definitely not going to bother commenting on the lower age groups, you can check yourself if interested.

So Alfie, how would YOU gauge the best academies? Same as me? Different - how?

Where is this going?

Just found this on Twitter, mind you seems the guy is a Spurs fan 

@spurs_report Agree. An academy's success should be measured in how many footballers it creates, not keeps back for loans & U21 trophies.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Noticed you like to pick people up on their posts (Alfies Bold text highlighting) and keep chipping away at their post/opinion but when you are asked to state your opinion you rarely give it. Interesting TV technique.

iv'e gave my opinion on numerous occasions, just because you can't remember what iv'e said why should i have to repeat myself !

Manchester City sign Brazilian Gabriel Jesus

Guardiola has taken Manchester City's summer spending to over £100m by signing the 19-year-old striker for £27m from Brazilian club Palmeiras – with another £4m to come in add-ons.

Jesus is Guardiola’s sixth signing following the deals for Sane, German midfielder Ilkay Gundogan (£20.4m), Spain striker Nolito (£13.8m), Ukraine striker Oleks Zinchenko (1.7m) and Dutch youngster Aaron Mooy.

City are also close to sealing an £8m deal for Colombian whizzkid Marlos Moreno, 19, who will be loaned to Spanish club Deportivo La Coruna.