Manchester City

mrbojangles

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Well 3 players we didn't  buy  Townsend, Caulker, Livermoore sold for 28m, you can do the sums for your mob :D

Here you go....

Unfortunately due to City's policy of undisclosed fees it's hard to know how much City have earned in 'Transfer Fees In'. How much are those players sold really worth (using *current value)? Well taking a stab at it:

[*Used http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk for market values.]

Dedryck Boyata £1,500,000 - sale value  

Micah Richards  Free - market value, £4,250,000 (seems undervalued to me)           

John Guidetti      Released - market value, £6,800,000

Jordy Hiwula       £150,000 - sale value      

Karim Rekik

Marcos 'Rony' Lopes

Emyr Huws          £2,500,000 - sale value

Jeremy Helan

Denis Suárez

Greg Cunningham             Undisclosed - market value, £425,000      

Vladimir Weiss   £1,500,000 - sale value

Chris Chantler     Undisclosed - market value, £150,000      

Kieran Trippier    Undisclosed - market value, £3,500,000 (value to Spurs)   

Nedum Onuoha £2,750,000 - sale value

Ben Mee              Undisclosed        - market value, £3,000,000

David Ball            £50,000 - sale value

TOTAL = £26,575,000

If we extend the "since 2011" criteria to "since the commencement of the 2011/12 season" (i.e. an extra 4 months), we can add in to that:

Stephen Ireland  £8,000,000 - sale value

TOTAL = £34,575,000

28 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Here you go....

Unfortunately due to City's policy of undisclosed fees it's hard to know how much City have earned in 'Transfer Fees In'. How much are those players sold really worth (using *current value)? Well taking a stab at it:

[*Used http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk for market values.]

Dedryck Boyata £1,500,000 - sale value  

Micah Richards  Free - market value, £4,250,000 (seems undervalued to me)           

John Guidetti      Released - market value, £6,800,000

Jordy Hiwula       £150,000 - sale value      

Karim Rekik

Marcos 'Rony' Lopes

Emyr Huws          £2,500,000 - sale value

Jeremy Helan

Denis Suárez

Greg Cunningham             Undisclosed - market value, £425,000      

Vladimir Weiss   £1,500,000 - sale value

Chris Chantler     Undisclosed - market value, £150,000      

Kieran Trippier    Undisclosed - market value, £3,500,000 (value to Spurs)   

Nedum Onuoha £2,750,000 - sale value

Ben Mee              Undisclosed        - market value, £3,000,000

David Ball            £50,000 - sale value

TOTAL = £26,575,000

If we extend the "since 2011" criteria to "since the commencement of the 2011/12 season" (i.e. an extra 4 months), we can add in to that:

Stephen Ireland  £8,000,000 - sale value

TOTAL = £34,575,000

Whats Market value got to do with it,it ses Man City have received over £26m in transfer fees  we're talking about transfer fee's you know how much money your club was paid,

Richards went on a free

Guidetti,  market value now 6.8m you sold him for 2.98m in July 2015 

Huw's you bought from Swansea

Tripper's value to Spurs 3.5m , what's that got to do with how much you sold him to Burnley for :gigglem:

I could go on but i won't waste my time.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Whats Market value got to do with it,it ses Man City have received over £26m in transfer fees  we're talking about transfer fee's you know how much money your club was paid,

Richards went on a free

Guidetti,  market value now 6.8m you sold him for 2.98m in July 2015 

Huw's you bought from Swansea

Tripper's value to Spurs 3.5m , what's that got to do with how much you sold him to Burnley for :gigglem:

I could go on but i won't waste my time.

"Unfortunately due to City's policy of undisclosed fees it's hard to know how much City have earned in 'Transfer Fees In'. How much are those players sold really worth (using *current value)? " - get it?

Yesterday in the behind-doors friendly (why was that necessary!) City won 3-0 over St. Johnstone with Fabian Delph, David Silva and Fernandinho all scoring. lineup yet to be confirmed but i read that it "appears to have been Hart, Zabaleta, Kolorov, Clichy, Silva, Fernandinho, Sterling, Nolito, Toure and Aguero"...(continuing our CentreBack-less formation this summer).

6 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

We’ve bought a player who will join us in January 2017. City will start paying Gabriel Jesus’s wages only once he leaves Palmeiras.

ha ha,,,, for 27 mil,,,, :cheesy:

Manchester City to sign another Spaniard as part of relationship with Girona FC

Manchester City’s relationship with Spanish Segunda División club Girona FC began a year ago and was one of the first hints that Pep Guardiola would soon take charge at the Etihad. Pep’s brother and football agent, Pere Guardiola, and his business partner in the Media Base Sports agency, Jaume Roures, purchased 80 per cent of the Spanish club, and then an alliance was formed with City.

City made the interesting move of signing two players to benefit the help the Catalonia-based side. They purchased Florian Lejeune from Girona in an apparent strategy to stop him from joining another club, then loaned him back, before selling him to La Liga side Eibar for a £1 million profit this summer.

Former Real Madrid youth forward Rubén Sobrino was also signed by City from Ponferradina for a small price and loaned to Girona. With Girona failing to achieve promotion, City had cash offers for the striker this summer, but instead loaned him to La Liga outfit Alavés.

With Sobrino and Lejeune no longer eligible to play for Girona, Manchester City look set to act again in their efforts to help the Spanish club gain promotion to the top flight. According to many Spanish sources, including Marca, Mundo Deportivo, and local publication Diari de Girona, City are moving to buy 22-year-old central defender Pablo Marí from Girona’s Segunda rivals, Gimnàstic, before loaning him to Girona.

Diari de Girona claims that Marí has a clause in his contract allowing him to join a first division side if he receives an offer. Therefore, Manchester City can sign the player, who wants to leave Gimnàstic, and hand him over to Girona.

It seems like a logical move for City and Girona, and like with Lejeune, the Premier League club could benefit in the long-term by selling the Spanish defender for a profit.

Manchester City’s revenue generating system explained by partner club, revealing stuff

It would be no surprise if top Premier League clubs had a business model to buy young talent, knowing full well the players would unlikely make the first team, with the whole intention on making a profit.

It would be an unspoken understanding, but not something clubs would really want to advertise, for fear of being questioned ethically, and through the danger of alienating possible future purchases.

Therefore, Manchester City may not be thrilled with FC Twente’s technical director Jan van Halst. The Dutch club have Enes Unal and Yaw Yeboah on loan from City next season.

Dutch website Soccer News quote Van Halst as saying: “They buy their selection of top players and they suffer losses, because you write off the huge transfer fees which can sometimes be 30, 40 and 50 million.

“But then you try on the other hand to create a kind of profit by getting young talents. The club really knows already that they probably won’t get into the first team in the future.”

Van Halst’s believes that Twente offer Manchester City a platform to advertise these players, and they can then grow and turn a profit.

Lacking a little football romance isn’t it.

In all reality, it’s probably not quite so cold in the vast majority of cases and there’s always a hope, and occasionally an expectation, that the players will reach Manchester City’s first team.

Manchester City have completed their seventh signing of the summer after agreeing a £4.75m deal with Atletico Nacional for Colombia forward Marlos Moreno, with the 19-year-old heading out on loan immediately to Spanish side Deportivo La Coruna.

The 19-year-old has put pen to paper on a five-year deal aftercompleting a £4.75 million switchand he will now go on loan to La Liga side Deportivo La Coruna until the end of the 2016/17 season.

He is seen by club officials as a “development player” and will continue his progression on loan before returning to City and fighting for a first-team place.

Pep's bringing in youth with pace.

Third game where we played without recognised centrebacks. Understand Otamendi has a minor injury, Mangala left with the unwanted (Bony and Nasri) in Manchester, Denayer never made it off the bench so it was pairing of Fernando and Kolorov (he's played all 3 games at centre back. ..what!) who are both too slow. Adarabioyo didn't start for a change, came on 2nd half and had a shocker with his distribution and 'set up' Arsenal's 3rd with an awful pass. So we're none the wiser as to who's Pep's favoured CB pairing.
Clichy looks to have claimed - quite rightly - LB position.
We look better with Zaba playing Pep's passing game; Sagna never looks comfortable with the ball.
Both Hart and Caballero don't look happy playing the ball out from the back. Hart had just come on but should have done better with their 1st goal.
The whole of the defence looked uncomfortable playing the ball out from the back.
The team have taken to pressing and winning the ball back; that has to be a big plus on Pellegrini's approach.
Sterling looks far better on the rightside, has more room to manoeuvre, linked well with Silva and Zaba, and put over a fantastic cross for Aguero goal.
Nolito on the left looks a hard worker but didn't standout.
As usual enjoyed watching KdB late cameo; it was he who almost prompted a comeback.

Unlike other teams I've seen preseason we don't look at all ready. We haven't created much but that will improve with kdb's return. Defense is a complete mystery.

One report I've read about Pep playing Kolorov, Clichy, Fernandinho and Fernando at CB preseason, is to show we're lacking in the position to push management to buy Stones or another CB. Maybe.

I'm sure Pep had made his mind up on players at the club from videos he'd have been receiving pre-commencement and he just needs a while with them on the training pitch to conclude his opinion on them. What's confusing is why play Kolorov at CB in all 3 games; you don't have to be a Premier manager to see Kolorov ain't going to be the answer in that position. Fernandinho however might convert to a CB (Kompany, played in midfield, and he initially only got picked by Hughes as a CB due to an injury crisis).

I'm surprised Pep didn't give Denayer a bigger run out who seems to have dropped behind Tosin in the pecking order.

Most of City's defenders aren't that comfortable with the ball at their feet; Zaba and Clichy are ok, Kompany not too bad, the rest panic.

Most of City's defenders aren't blessed with pace; Clichy and Kompany being the exception.

If you're slow and uncomfortable with the ball you shouldn't fit under Pep, so why is he picking Kolorov. All very strange.

I can definitely see Pep using some of our kid defenders this season (Angelino, Tosin, maybe Maffeo).

Defense and competitiveness is where Pellegrini let it slip - Bobby Manc's teams in the seasons he was at the helm had the best goals against record - and this is where I expect Pep to improve us most.

I read we're the bookies favourites. Can't see it myself;  maybe next season but hopefully Pep will have us offering more - last season never got going.

Edited by Bredbury Blue

City pre-season minutes in full (max.270)
235: Fernandinho 
219: Aleks Kolarov 
207: Tosin Adarabioyo 
170: Gael Clichy 
163: Fernando 
158: Fabian Delph 
135: Willy Caballero, Pablo Maffeo 
127: Jesus Navas 
126: Angelino 
113: Sergio Aguero 
112: Kelechi Iheanacho 
102: David Silva 
100: Aleks Zinchenko 
96: Yaya Toure 
90: Angus Gunn, Wilfried Bony 
86: Raheem Sterling 
80: Aleix Garcia 
69: Nolito 
64: Pablo Zabaleta 
45: Joe Hart, Jason Denayer, Nicolas Otamendi, Brandon Barker 
35: Bersant Celina 
27: Kevin De Bruyne 
26: Bacary Sagna 
25: Sinan Bytyqi 
(0: Eliaquim Mangala, Vincent Kompany, Leroy Sane, Ilkay Gundogan, Samir Nasri, Manu Garcia)

Stones becomes City’s eighth signing of the 2016 summer transfer window, following in the footsteps of Ilkay Gundogan, Nolito, Aleksandar Zinchenko, Aaron Mooy, Leroy Sane, Gabriel Jesus and Marlos Moreno.

Stones, Sanes, Moreno and G.Jesus in a week...not too shabby.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

City buy a player and the vultures are out on the City page.

ManU BUY BACK Pogba for 90m...I repeat, 90m (and the highest salary in the Premier)...No comments on the ManU page.

Curious.

Is he getting more than Rooney then?

Hilarious!

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Personally, I didn't want him at any price. Hope I'm proved wrong and he turns out to be a good buy. I will need a lot of convincing though

He has a good attitude but for 50m theres an awful lot of wrinkles need ironing out.  But, one, you can afford him and two, he has the potential.  It will be interesting to see his progress.

8 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Personally, I didn't want him at any price. Hope I'm proved wrong and he turns out to be a good buy. I will need a lot of convincing though

Same here. I would have rather had the Italian or nobody.