Manchester City

mrbojangles

For ManU, Zlatan did ok 2nd half. Shaw had Sterling but didn't look happy with Sane. Fellaini his usual nasty self. Rashford had me worried but I thought we blocked him well. Lingard and Mkhitaryan, who were subbed at halftime didn't turn up and manu were way better after they were subbed.

Pogba didn't turn up.

Danny Blind; asleep for the 1st, played us onside for the 2nd. Cheers Danny.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

For ManU, Zlatan did ok 2nd half. Shaw had Sterling but didn't look happy with Sane. Fellaini his usual nasty self. Rashford had me worried but I thought we blocked him well. Lingard and Mkhitaryan, who were subbed at halftime didn't turn up and manu were way better after they were subbed.

Pogba didn't turn up.

Danny Blind; asleep for the 1st, played us onside for the 2nd. Cheers Danny.

I'm sure Danny was pleased with his son's performance:clap2:

Been thinking who was City's man of the match.

Otamendi put in a real shift and held that defence together 2nd half.

Fernandinho was Fernandinho; very composed, efficient and everywhere.

David Silva ran our performance and continues on with his great form this season.

Probably have to give it to KdB, just, over Silva, for his best performance this season. Scored one, assist for the other, hit the post, mature performance and ended up leading the line.

• Like 2

Great game really enjoyed it,City well worth there win,could and should have been more totally dominant in midfield De Bruyne man of the match, by a mile ...awesome performance.

Why the hell United started with two wide players who have hardly any game time I cannot understand,no complaints with the result but Joe Farte must be laughing his socks off :thumbsup:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Petermik, maybe you can help me.  I'm not so familiar with the ManU players. Which one is Pogba?

54062f51c784a2c7f00ecfe61fbfee92.jpeg

He,s hiding behind the tree,silly :D

don,t get too giddy BB a long way to go in this season yet :thumbsup:

Good performance by City.  Well organised and worthy of the win.

Regards the keeper.....whilst Hart was a perfectly capable goalie i have no problem in upgrading if the manager thinks its required.  But is this one really an upgrade?!!  He was awful and i have to give extra credit to your back four because playing infront of a liability like that is extremely unsettling and they coped admirably.

DeBruyne was a class act and beautifully taken goal.

10 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Kolorov finishes the Manchester derby minus front tooth. The Fellaini elbow incident which went unpunished?  

Screenshot_2016-09-10-23-37-36.png

Said somewhere else he lost his tooth in post match celebrations?

As a bit of a City fanatic, I tend to read all thats out there everyday - yeah no need to comment, I know.

This is the best article I've read so far, it's by a lady writer who clearly has a good analytical eye.

Man United 1-2 Man City: 16 Conclusions

http://www.football365.com/news/man-united-1-2-man-city-16-conclusions

Insightful for both City and ManU fans!

Kelechi Iheanacho - ninth goal from just 13 shots on target in the Premier League. Impressive.

KdB has been directly involved in 32 goals in 46 appearances for Manchester City, scoring 17 and assisting in 15.

City restricted United to their fourth lowest home possession share in the Premier League since the 2003-04 season, just 39.9%.

City were also prepared to work for their success, running a total of 119.63km in comparison to United's 111.34km. Guardiola demands the full package from his players.

Finally, I like RedNev's humour:
‘Ultimately it means City have bragging rights this week, and that I won’t appear in Manchester as much as I would have done if United had won!’

55 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

As a bit of a City fanatic, I tend to read all thats out there everyday - yeah no need to comment, I know.

This is the best article I've read so far, it's by a lady writer who clearly has a good analytical eye.

Man United 1-2 Man City: 16 Conclusions

http://www.football365.com/news/man-united-1-2-man-city-16-conclusions

Insightful for both City and ManU fans!

Very good article that BB. Well worth a read. Cheers

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm watching the highlights now. It's lovely with my cornflakes and a cup of coffee before I go to work. Sets you off in a great mood

Work? its sunday BJ for goodness sake,a visit to church might be a better option and pray that a decent goalie is going to turn up soon..........:cheesy:

21 minutes ago, petermik said:

Work? its sunday BJ for goodness sake,a visit to church might be a better option and pray that a decent goalie is going to turn up soon..........:cheesy:

I'm in Saudi Peter. We work sundays to thursdays

As for Bravo. On yesterdays performance I would agree that he did some clangers. The first goal, Stones got in his way and was definately down to lack of communication I reckon but that will improve.

The article that BB give us the link to says it quite well:- http://www.football365.com/news/man-united-1-2-man-city-16-conclusions

* We need to talk about Claudio Bravo. Pep Guardiola called it “one of the best performances I have ever seen” and we confess that for 41 minutes, we were falling a little bit in love with the Chilean, largely because he kept waving his defenders away while 25 yards from his goal as if to say ‘f*** off, this is my domain’. And then a minute later, Gary Neville was screaming “CAN HE CATCH?” after he had dropped the first high ball lofted into the City box.

We suspect that the goalkeeper with Champions League, La Liga and Copa America medals can indeed catch, but the tabloids and the internet will have you believe that a footballer with over 100 caps is in fact some sort of clown and that Sir Joe Hart of Shrewsbury would never make such a mistake. There’s no doubt that Bravo endured a difficult day but it’s utter nonsense to dismiss him as a Premier League goalkeeper on the back of 50 dodgy minutes. Remember Patrice Evra’s United debut every time you are tempted to make snap judgments based on one game.

• Like 2

Manchester City to go ahead with plans to make the Etihad Stadium a 61,000 seater

Manchester City will press ahead with plans to expand the Etihad Stadium for a second time, according to a report in The Sun.

Plans to expand the North Stand, making the entire stadium three tiers, have long been mapped out, with the only question being when. But, with 98% of tickets sold on average for Premier League games, plus 41,000 season ticket holders and 10,000 on a waiting list, City chiefs believe the demand is there for a second expansion.

Once the development is complete, City’s Etihad Stadium will be able to seat around 61,000 fans, making it the second largest club stadium in Britain behind neighbours Manchester United.

The Sun quote a ‘source’ as saying:

“The club feel the time is right to extend the stadium even further to mark the Pep Guardiola era.

“Planning permission was sought to extend both ends of the stadium when the expansion scheme was first started.

“Talks are now on-going to find the best possible time for contractors to start moving in to begin the work.”

City regularly sell out Premier League games, although a large number of season ticket holders frequently not turning up has led to a perception that this isn’t the case. The Etihad Stadium expansion saw the average attendance jump around 7,000 to 54,041 last season, making it a big success. Only Manchester United and Arsenal had larger average attendances.

In the long-term, City’s owners have a plan to expand the Colin Bell (West) and East Stands to take the Etihad beyond Old Trafford’s 76,000 capacity, the report claims.

Manchester City have confirmed that Nigeria national-teamer Kelechi Iheanacho is their youngest player to score in the Manchester Premier League derby.

In doing so, Iheanacho became the youngest City player to score in a Premier League derby and scored his ninth Premier League strike from his 13th shot on target.

Edited by Bredbury Blue